pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: pop music sucks

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote::twisted: its back
Hello again, wibberley. I was wondering when you'd be back. It's a pretty nice picture, isn't it? Well, not nice, but I kind of like it. Kudos to recovering_fan for finding it. Nonetheless, as the guy who had you reinstated on these forums, you have my order to go and post in some other topics now. Spread your disdain for sports across a wider spectrum.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Welcome back, wibberley. :)

Come on, man. Spread those wings and fly! In other words ... Go get 'em, tiger!

No, I'm not mocking wibberley. I'm trying to encourage him. Seriously, he needs to post in other topics as well.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

thank you all for replying to my simple come-back remark.having said that nothing much has changed,and frankly wether i am married or otherwise doesnt make any difference in my view.for instance 1981 i dont know what your complaining about ,you seem to have a pretty good carry-on from what i can see.having a girl is good,but no-one is in any way inferior for not having a girl,nor should neither someone who is still living with mum and dad be stigmatized.the facts remain that i hate all sport,they are all boring crap and i should not be pilloried for saying such on a site like this.i hate all popular music of the past 65 years.so what do i do? to many it might seem not a lot especially when i tell people i dont watch television either.one person asked me what i did if i dont watch tv(as if there is nothing else!) i explained that i have been learning the piano for the past seven years and i have the grade 7 exam at the end of the year and i need to be practising 2 hours every day in preparation for that.then they went on to say how their grandson had been teaching himself keyboard for the last few weeks and can flawlessly play beethovens 'moonlight sonata'.i dont contest it for a moment but just say he must be very gifted.i like to do more things but i just havent time.incidently,if you dont want me on this site then dont reply to this post otherwise i will politely answer all replies
Earl

Post by Earl »

wibberley wrote:having a girl is good,but no-one is in any way inferior for not having a girl,nor should neither someone who is still living with mum and dad be stigmatized.
I agree. One of my dad's best friends was a lifelong bachelor. Never had time to get married. (By the way, I am married.)
wibberley wrote:the facts remain that i hate all sport,they are all boring crap and i should not be pilloried for saying such on a site like this.
Has anyone done that? I certainly haven't.
wibberley wrote:i hate all popular music of the past 65 years.
Nothing wrong with that. You have the right to say that. You're entitled to your own personal preferences.
wibberley wrote:incidently,if you dont want me on this site then dont reply to this post otherwise i will politely answer all replies
Of course, I want you to be in this forum. Perhaps there won't be a misunderstanding this time.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

wibberley wrote:having a girl is good,but no-one is in any way inferior for not having a girl,nor should neither someone who is still living with mum and dad be stigmatized.
I wish more people held the same opinion as you in this matter wibberley. Especially when the single person is made to believe that they themselves are inferior because others make that impression. I have a friend who is troubled with very serious self esteem issues at the moment because of relationship problems. He's only been in one relationship, and that didn't last very long, as she (who had been his friend for quite a while before they dated) rudely ended it by telling him that she thought he was unattractive. That definitely damaged his self esteem, but there was still more to come. He liked another girl a lot for quite some time (this girl had also been friends with him for some time), and when he felt he had an opportunity, he asked her out but she stated that she wasn't interested in being in a relationship at the time. However, she didn't put in much of an effort to hide the fact that this statement was false as she soon tried to date other people. The thing that really annoyed me about that was the fact that while she rejected him, a good person, she was interested in guys who were not worth her time, one of them being quite arrogant, another being a complete moron. Because of these incidents, as well as his general lack of success with women, he now has no confidence, no self esteem, and has even contemplated suicide. It really bugs me because he deserves a lot better, and he's definitely fallen to the mentality that a man is inferior to others because he does not have a girl.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:for instance 1981 i dont know what your complaining about ,you seem to have a pretty good carry-on from what i can see.
I'm not quite sure what you mean here. "A good carry-on"? Do you mind clarifying that a bit more for me? I don't exactly view myself as incredibly unfortunate. There are people who are incredibly unfortunate in life and I don't feel that their situations should be trivialised by comparatively minor problems of others, such as my misfortunes in love. I try not to complain about this all the time but whenever the subject is raised about slightly more bookish yet intelligent blokes getting rejected by girls in favour of arrogant, meatheaded jocks, it kind of gets to me, as I've been in that position before, of feeling ashamed of who I am because I don't exactly define "cool". This forum isn't just a place for people to discuss their hatred of sports. Many of the other members like to discuss problems in their own lives on here, because a lot of the members here, including myself, have been unfairly victimised by people or fortune in the past and a sympathetic response is easier to come by in a close, tight-knit group like ours. What I'm trying to say is, I'm not the embodiment of misfortune, but there are things that agitate me in this world and I sometimes like to discuss them here. You may think I'm a whiner, but I think you'll find that a lot of the members here have stuff to whine about, and they'll generally get a sympathetic response. However, it's important that this forum stays generally on the anti-sports topic and doesn't start to get manipulated by certain people, so this is why I don't often mention my personal problems on here, unless they have something to do with sports.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

it is certainley good that i am getting some meaningful feedback on this forum.perhaps if i tread carefully maybe i can keep it that way,incidently, ithink all sports fans should suffer the fate of the old lady in the kitchen at the end of the film 'psycho 2'.Oh damn it,there i go again,i'm so trying not to be a troll but i can't help it,i'm so sorry,please forgive me.With regard to women liking men with bad-ass attitudes well i had the same experience with this girl whom i thought i might be getting some place with when she mentioned she liked this other guy who i would have considered to be the last person on earth she would have liked,and he was the last person on earth i would have wanted to be like.Sometimes they just go beyond the pale and i just think that if they like guys like that then i dont want to know them.You've got to draw the line somewhere or your just selling yourself short all the time.NOt having a girlfriend need not be a big deal,why should it.You simply fill your life with other things.i applaud the reference to the posters dads best friend who never married because he didnt have the time.he hasnt missed out,he just did other things
Earl

Post by Earl »

Good post, wibberley. :) *thumbs up*

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

After I reading some of the recent previous posts I think of this song:

Here I go again by WhiteSnake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohFGOmcxuo

My take of the song(minus the love parts) its like the loner's anthem imo.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:NOt having a girlfriend need not be a big deal,why should it.You simply fill your life with other things.
You're right, to be honest. As you mentioned earlier on in this thread, Edward Heath remained a lifelong bachelor but still managed to become Prime Minister of this country. Not having female companionship does not mean you have to spend your whole life in the dark. There have been some great people out there who have remained single or unmarried all their lives. However, when you live in a modern society where practically all the blokes talk about how much "pussy" they're getting and use insults such as "virgin" or "queer" to demean those who they consider to be inferior, being alone is made to look like a bad thing; a fate people would want to avoid. I should know; being in my situation in such a sex-dominated world has done the same to my mind and often I resent being on my own. Not having a girlfriend doesn't have to be a big deal, but many people will go out of their way to make it seem that way.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

In support of the guy who had poor self-esteem because he didn't have a significant other: I have known many accomplished men who, for one reason or another, were not "successful" with women and who adopted an alternative lifestyle; they visit prostitutes once or twice (or more) a month. Some people might immediately dismiss this as a coarse, immoral and short term alternative but there is a sizeable group of adventurous men in this country who live healthy, happy, productive lives this way.

These guys often tell me they come out far ahead of married guys both financially and romantically while having more control over their lives. Many of them sneer at the idea of being trapped in marriage by a woman. It's all in your point of view. An independent man doesn't NEED a woman.

I Hope We Lose!
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

well,firstly,its good to hear from you once again 1981 with what i consider to be avery meaningful post which i wish to address.Firstly,i would like to say this.I look back on my life and it has been perfect happiness.That is to say when i look BACK on it .Often at the time i was not happy,but now i see it was for no valid reason.A young man grows up and he is with hi friends .They all get married,so he wants to get married.If they were single ,he would be happy to be single,although this is not strictly true,because he sees women and finds them attractive and wants a girlfriend.For many people this comes naturally,they dont have pulling skills as such,women simply like them .I have observed this often when i used to go out with friends.Woman would talk readily to my friends and you could see they liked them while i was ,it seemed ,invisible.I would try and join in the conversation but it seemed as if i was interrupting them.ONe night ,I had had enough.I walked out of the pub we were in with a view to going home on my own.My friend followed me out and asked why i was leaving.I replied"What is the point of me staying with you all.The girls just ignore me .It is as if i wasnt there".The tears welled up in my eyes as i spoke.My friend didnt deny it."I dont know why girls dont seem to notice you"he replied.The fact that he confirmed what i felt made me feel even worse.I was tall,slim had a full head of hair(in fact i still have all these things) and yet i would see what i would consider to be horrible little pathetic creatures with what i would consider to be decent-looking girls,and so why couldnt i get a girl,and so ,at times,i was incredibly unhappy.Now,1981,here is the crux,what if i could lift all that anxiety away?What if i could simply remove that desire of feeling i ought to have a girlfriend?What would i be left with?An awful lot.I had (and still have) the physical attributes that i consider to be ok.I dont speak with a regional accent,and yet some people think i am posh.I have a great interest in many things and so i fill my life with them.So in conclusion 1981 let u consider that a man still living with his parents in his 40s is good,despite thre being a stigma attatched to it.A man lies alone in a flat and goes to bed at 8.30 every saturday night.This too is good.Why is it bad?SO 1981 what do you like best?Well do that.However,you feel you need a girl,you are missing out ,it seems.For some people they need to be realistic and realise they are never going to meet anybody.But this must not be bad,it MUST be made to be made like the realization that you are never going to be a millionaire,say.And yet all over the planet there are millions of probably wealthy,good-looking individuals who feel they are unhappy because they cant find anybody.This must stop.Everybody on this planet has something they are good at.They must pursue this,regardless of what anybody else thinks.Being lonely must now be considered a positive thing.
Indurrago

To have no-one but at the same time have everything.

Post by Indurrago »

Great post wibberly. But I disagree that we should consider feeling lonely a positive thing but we should rise against those negative feelings by realizing that we CAN experience joy and happiness by ourselves. Simply put being alone isn't always a bad thing. One can live a fulfilling life, without having a big house, a nice car, and a big pay check but also without needing someone to please. I believe all the happiness we need is within ourselves but I'm not saying it's wrong to experience with others. To summarize: One can have no-one but at the same time have everything(true happiness).

Btw, pop music still sucks right? :lol:
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

thats right,but th point i was trying to make is that while some people readily make friends or get girls or whatever,many others dont,and what the former do should not be set as the standard norm.Like you say,the happinness is,or should be from ourselves,and not depedant on others or what others think.Looking back,i suppose i should not have gone to the pub with friends to find myself constantly being ignored by girls,perhaps i should have stayed home,who knows.By the way,i still think pop-music as a body of work is diabolically crap,at least i have b.b.c radio 3 as a retreat where no pop music is ever played and sport is never mentioned either.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:So in conclusion 1981 let u consider that a man still living with his parents in his 40s is good,despite thre being a stigma attatched to it.A man lies alone in a flat and goes to bed at 8.30 every saturday night.This too is good.Why is it bad?SO 1981 what do you like best?Well do that.However,you feel you need a girl,you are missing out ,it seems.For some people they need to be realistic and realise they are never going to meet anybody.
Hmmm... I think you may have gotten the wrong impression of me here. I'm not in my 40s nor am I still living with my parents. I'm nearly 30 and residing on my own in a flat. And what's the last sentence about? Are you implying I'm never going to meet a significant other to share my life with? Well, to be honest, I'm beginning to feel the same way about all this now. Yes, your idea of doing stuff you like and avoiding marriage, which may seem like an impossible venture to some, does sound good at first, but after many years of this, when all your peers have gotten married and have families, you do begin to feel a separation from the world and consider yourself inferior, in some ways, because you're missing out on the joy of having your own family to care for and cherish. As much as I love old music and all that caper, I would say that getting married and raising a family is making more out of life, and I would like it to happen one day. Sadly, I can't see it happening soon. But like I say - things could be worse. Much worse.

Best regards,
i_like_1981