pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: pop music sucks

Post by Earl »

wibberley wrote:if you go to church get your mother******* ass down to church you inbreds and become like ned flanders you gay fags
no wonder god does not like you maybe your a fag :twisted:
Pardon me for being an ignorant American; but who was Ned Flanders, and how in the world is he connected with sports fans? :? Let me change course here: I think I shall let Skul speak for me, due to his eloquence and the fact he said it first. Takes the words right out of my mouth. :P
Skul wrote:What does that even mean?
Wibberley, you're going wobbly on us again. Remember, inflammatory posts provoke inflammatory responses. This fact is just as true online as it is in real life. You're edging towards a position in which I won't be able to defend you, as I did just recently in the basketball board.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Ned Flanders is a cartoon character from the Simpsons Series, He's a deeply devoted catholic.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Brigan wrote:Ned Flanders is a cartoon character from the Simpsons Series, He's a deeply devoted catholic.
Whoah whoah whoah there, Flanders isn't Catholic, he's Protestant.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thanks for informing me, Brigan.

Oh, wow! I really am an ignorant American! :lol: The Simpsons has been one of the most popular series on TV. I did watch it a few times, but never got hooked on it.

I'm just a stick in the mud. :( :wink: I don't watch any of the current shows now. Instead, I watch DVDs of Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents/Alfred Hitchcock Hour episodes and Mystery Science Theater 3000 shows -- plus a select number of old horror/suspense and sci-fi movies, among others.

Unfortunately, I gotta go now, life being what it is. :(
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Brigan wrote:Ned Flanders is a cartoon character from the Simpsons Series, He's a deeply devoted catholic.
Whoah whoah whoah there, Flanders isn't Catholic, he's Protestant.

I really don't get this "protestant" maybe there's a bit I'm missing over the names given to certain beliefs, Would you please explain further Who's a catholic and who's a protestant?
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

dear earl and fat man,i apologise for my sons inflammatory posts.i shall see to it that it is not repeated
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Brigan wrote:I really don't get this "protestant" maybe there's a bit I'm missing over the names given to certain beliefs, Would you please explain further Who's a catholic and who's a protestant?
Catholicism is one really big church with its "headquarters" (for lack of a better term) at the Vatican in Rome. Catholics all over the world belong to the same church. Protestantism started when Martin Luther and a few other people saw some flaws in Catholicism and wanted to reform Christianity. They disliked the hierarchy of the Catholic church and wanted clerical power to be shifted towards the average person. Thus, Protestantism allows more regular people to attain important positions in their church unlike the Catholic church where only a few people out of their massive group of followers can attain power. Also, Protestantism isn't really one entity like Catholicism, it can be further divided into many more denominations like Baptism, Methodism, Evangelicalism, etc. Not too sure of the differences between the religious beliefs of the two groups, but one that I can think of is that I think Catholic priests can't get married while Protestant ministers can.

Sorry if that explanation was confusing. Also if anyone sees any incorrect information, feel free to point it out, as I'm certainly no expert and everything I said was just what I could remember off the top of my head.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Thanks HugeFan.

Well explained. =)
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

if your butt sucking werlock you wont know what religion nedflanders is but he is christian so if you did not know
your a mother ******* butt sucking werlock and if you are go to hell :twisted:
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

wibberley wrote:if your butt sucking werlock you wont know what religion nedflanders is but he is christian so if you did not know
Quality parenting right there.
Earl

Post by Earl »

wibberley wrote:if your butt sucking werlock you wont know what religion nedflanders is but he is christian so if you did not know
* sigh *

Huh? What the ...

Oh, I guess I should giggle about it. You know, it's so intellectual. I mean, wouldn't an "anti-sports" forum be expected to brim over with intellectual posts?

Brigan, would you say my leg is being pulled again? I have no idea, and I don't believe there's any way I can find out. You know, Brigan, you could call me a sheep, too. After all, the wool can be pulled over my eyes, too.

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

dear earl and others please accept my apologies once again.my son made the above post while i was at work.im am sorry it is adiscredit to the board and i will try to see it is not repeated
Earl

Post by Earl »

As I said in the basketball board, you have just as much right to post here as anyone else. Enjoy yourself. :)

Sorry, gotta go now.

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

no im just saying it isnt me who is making the inflamatory posts(incidently ,is there only 3 active members of this forum now
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Change your password and Don't let your browser remember it.

Until you do that. It's just you posting this crap.