ATTENTION: members of 4chan

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: ATTENTION: members of 4chan

Post by Earl »

I couldn't have done it without the help of all of my little 4chan buddies. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:I couldn't have done it without the help of all of my little 4chan buddies. :mrgreen:
Could it be? Are the 4channers actually taking us seriously now? I saw the post on 4CHAN you put up on here earlier in which I was referred to as i_hate_1981, and your name was also one of those addresses. Are they asking something of me? Are they actually giving me a request which is not sarcastic or humiliating? Well, I'm not taking any orders from them until they get my damn username right. I can sense the air of aggression towards me by the way they've changed my username - they probably want to use me as a way of implementing their demands. Well I won't do that for them. They came on here with intent to overload and clog up the site and now they want to use me for their own gain? That can't be allowed to happen! Not unless they address me by my correct username. I think they think I'm one of the people in charge of this site based on the fact I'm always posting here and I was one of the main people to give them opposition which was not looked upon kindly by them. They may see me as a powerhead of this site, which isn't true. I'm just a regular. Either way, their little game has lost its novelty and effect! It's boring now, 4channers. Just give up.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

So Hank and Awesome! were just 4chan spammers? Bummer. I liked them too. :(
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

abitagirl wrote:So Hank and Awesome! were just 4chan spammers? Bummer. I liked them too. :(
They had me fooled as well. But I guess that is the true art of trolling... actually gaining the trust of your victim. Then when you have them in your grip, you're officially their pet. Well anyone who would like to find out my home address and phone number is going to have a hell of a hard time doing so. It'll be harder than getting into a Scotsman's wallet.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:I couldn't have done it without the help of all of my little 4chan buddies. :mrgreen:
Did any of them even register? Perhaps they have lost faith in trolling our website. Any harassing posts come on here in the near future, we'll know who's doing them! But no doubt I'm going to be fooled again by some "copypasta" which will generate them lots of "lulz" and "win". The style of language they use is English but really, really, REALLY dumbed down and abbreviated. "Lulz" is laughs, "copypasta" is something that is copied from one source and pasted onto another source and "newfag" is their insulting term for a new member. Well, I don't think it's insulting by their definitions but it's definitely not the sort of way we'd welcome a new guy on here, calling them a "fag". Unless Samdaman wishes to come back, in which case he's getting what he gives.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

None of them can come back because they've been banned.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:None of them can come back because they've been banned.
Well there may be others from the 4chan board or other places coming along yet. But perhaps acting all suspicious gives them the impression they have "trolled" me successfully. However, it is fun to have the odd conspiracy on here!
I saw a bit on the 4chan thread that said even though registration had been reopened on here, new accounts would not be validated. A bit of a cruel ploy to get their hopes up and then crush them, I see? Bravo! Always do that to your enemies!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:But as long they like to stereo-type nerds and geeks, or anybody who does not like sports, or merely is not interested in sports, then I feel we have a right to stereo-type them.

Tit for tat, and all that!!!

What goes around, comes around!
This is the exact same argument I tried using against Cycloptichorn on the able2know sports haters thread. But he wouldn't have it, as for some reason, the victims of bullying jocks are not at all allowed to insult or generalise their abusers even though such things happen to them without any outrage on the victim's part being permitted.

Well, Cycloptichorn seriously needed to get over his totalitarian attitude. I'm with you on this, Fat Man. "An eye for an eye", as I always say! It doesn't help understanding, I know, but we'll never be completely trustful of each other on here. This is the internet; lies and ignorance abound. In real life it would be different. Not on here; you can never truly know what the other person really thinks or is up to.

Cyclops is intelligent. But he really has been brainwashed by the sports culture - a nerd turned jock. A single thread on a website was enough to start him on a mad tirade against me and several other members for the reason we spoke up against sports. For a smart guy, he was intolerant. And I didn't like the way he called me "fucking pathetic" yet expected me to act reasonable towards him afterwards. The second bit pissed me off the most. He treated it like I had a duty to look out for his posts, read his stories and agree with him on everything. He's like Samdaman except with a lot more cogs working upstairs.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Anonymous 03/07/10(Sun)19:11 No.3669824
>>3669778
Earl works out, she works out, and 1981 "tries" to work out. They're fucking hypocrites. What they get out of working out is EXACTLY the same as what people get out of playing sports, or even watching them. I should know, I do all 3.

(As the reader can see, I don't quite know how to copy and paste from another website to a post composition page of this forum. I'm just a middle-aged guy who didn't start using the Internet until last year. So, please excuse.)

Yes, I frequently visit the 4chan sports board to see what the /sp/artans are saying about our website and members of our forum, frequently much to my amusement. Perhaps I should not have bothered to do so, but I had to respond to the post quoted above. I'm not even irritated by what this poster says; I'm just saddened and frustrated (well, just a little bit). In order for the poster to even be in a position to honestly accuse me of being a hypocrite, he would have to know what my views about sports actually are. The point is that he really doesn't know what my views are; so, how can he call me a hypocrite? I definitely know that I'm not a hypocrite. It's not the name-calling that's frustrating; I actually couldn't care less about that. What bothers me is being misunderstood out of ignorance. The poster (whom I'm not trying to insult) seems to think that those of us who support this website all labor under groupthink, that we all think alike and that there are no nuances in our views (not to mention outright disagreements). Earlier this year the forum had a major split. How many times do I have to tell you guys at 4chan to check out the topic "Here for a civilized debate"? Even the forum admin (Skul) was appalled at the way Andy was treated. If you don't believe me, read it yourself. Do I object to guys merely participating in a sport? No! Do I object to people merely watching a sporting event? No! The 4channer whose post is quoted above has no idea why I support this website. He makes assumptions based upon his initial impression of this website. He thinks that I have a particular disagreement with him when, in fact, no such disagreement exists. Incidentally, there are physically active men, including a few bodybuilders, who have no interest in sports. Again, what bothers me is not the name-calling. It's partly the result of the "us versus them" mentality (which exists on both sides) but is mostly due, I believe, to the lack of communication. Can't anyone see that this frequently is a problem with board messaging? Before you get upset with someone, please try to find out what their views actually are. Peace.

By the way, Anonymous, don't be so hard on i_like_1981's efforts to start a bodybuilding program. He's just a beginner, and he cannot afford a personal trainer at this time. When I started working out, I had to work with a personal trainer because I knew nothing about bodybuilding.

I've probably wasted my time composing this post. Anonymous will probably never read it.

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

I am guessing "she" is bitagirl or me. To sit down with morning coffee to this... :roll: I will say this anyway: I learned that what other people think of me, is none of my business. People criticize me, I own it, and alot of the time I find, "OH, that was THEIR baggage! Not mine."

I think everyone involved would do well to remember it IS that simple, but The Wizard of Oz would have been less popular if Glinda the Good Witch would have replied when Dorothy asked, "How come u didn't just say I had to click my heels three times to go home?"... "BECAUSE, GOD DAMN IT, U WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ME!" I think both members of 4chan and here sometimes get red under the color because they worry their views are invalid. Anger is just fear with makeup on. Both sides seem pretty angry. Both can act like children.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:By the way, Anonymous, don't be so hard on i_like_1981's efforts to start a bodybuilding program. He's just a beginner, and he cannot afford a personal trainer at this time. When I started working out, I had to work with a personal trainer because I knew nothing about bodybuilding.
Thanks, Earl. It's amazing, isn't it? I try to participate and show an interest in some physical activity but the 4channers even find fault in that! I was planning on going to the gym later on but I'm not sure about it now if my efforts are just going to be patronised and demeaned by these jerks!

Oh, what the hell... I'll go. It's for my own good. That's tonight settled then.

Oh, sparkle, do you have anything to say on this little comment I saw on the 4chan thread in question? At the time of writing, it's still up on the site but it will go down eventually and be replaced by the 404 error screen...
Anonymous 03/07/10(Sun)18:59 No.3669677
>>3669592
is sparkles confirmed for a troll? i bet she's from /sp/ either way, the girl in that pic is doable.
Any thoughts?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

They don't have to worry about me being doable, since many of them haven't had pussy since pussy had them, honey.

I think I killed the thread. :o I don't start drama! I end it. ;) I kick ass, ese! ;)
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
SPORTS ROCK.
Sports Bore

Post by SPORTS ROCK. »

you look like you got hit pretty hard by the 4chan dudes. they kicked ur asses. perhaps you should shut down the site and help yourselves. you're not really doing much to help the world are you. :lol:
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Oh, look who's back. :roll:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

abitagirl wrote:Oh, look who's back. :roll:
You mean, look what's back!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!