ATTENTION: members of 4chan

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

ATTENTION: members of 4chan

Post by Earl »

The following post is addressed to any guests from the sports board of http://www.4chan.org browsing this forum, including any of you who possibly might be intellectually honest. I would have posted an abbreviated version of this message at your website; but I didnâ??t know how to attach an image, which is required by your website to start a new thread. (To any of the spammers from your website who might be reading this: yes, this is what you would call a â??mini-essay.â? Frankly, I donâ??t care what you think; but I had to answer false charges made against us.)

1) In a recent post at your own website (a post that I did not have time to copy and paste in this topic), those of us who run this website were accused of being quick to ban those with whom we disagree. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you took the time to browse through many of the past topics of this forum, you would see that weâ??re actually quite reluctant to ban critics of this website. For example, Polite24 (previously Detroitsportsfan08), SportsGuy92, and Andy -- all of whom were not abusive, but were civil -- were allowed to freely and repeatedly express their views. Each one of them chose to leave on his own without being banned. Two relatively recent examples of abusive posters are the amusing mike_the_pain_train and SPORTS ROCK. Neither of them were banned. The notorious Samdaman :x , whose abuse far exceeded that of the two previously named individuals, was banned only after he tried to become a moderator through a false account. So, the charge that we have not allowed or would not allow any of you to present your side is unwarranted and bogus.

2) Those among your members who spammed us had no intention of engaging us in serious debate. Their intention clearly was to bring down our website or at least to overload the forum with spam. So, of course, they were banned. Although I initially took them seriously, they themselves were never serious, to begin with.

3) Weâ??re a diverse group. We include females as well as males. Our ages range from 14 years to nearly 60 years old. Politically some of us are conservative or libertarian, some of us are liberal, and at least one of us is apathetic. We range from atheist to Christian. Some of us are sedentary; some of us are physically active. At least one of us works out at a health club.

4) We donâ??t all think alike. Weâ??re not following a party line. We range from moderate to extreme or irrational. Some of us have friends who formerly were athletes. Weâ??re even capable of having a major split. (See the topic entitled â??Here to have a civilized debate.â?) One of us recently was even personally complimented at a football website. Even one of your own members has complimented me. (All compliments are appreciated. :lol: )

5) The post in your sports board called our website hateful. Yes, there is hatred on both sides, which I personally deplore. But there can be no denying that there is plenty of hatred on your side. Do you deny that this is true? Speaking of hatred, several of your members have publicly posted photos, the e-mail address, the residential address, and the phone number of one of our members, who has also received harassing phone calls. Unless I am mistaken, this is against the law. Have any of your fellow members been treated the same way by any of us? If you have no problem with this, then there is nothing I can do to help you. So, whoâ??s more hateful?

6) Since we are so small and actually constitute nothing more than a ranting board, Iâ??m amazed that any of you would go to such lengths to try to shut us down or simply harass us. As so many of you guys like to say, get a life.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Re: ATTENTION: members of 4chan

Post by Earl »

Thanks for reading (and quoting my post in its entirety), "guise." :lol: :mrgreen: If you had half a brain or were in any way observant, you'd realize that each member of this forum speaks for himself. Considering the negative stereotyping Fat Man does (which I don't happen to agree with), you "guise" engage in negative stereotyping of a different sort to the same or even greater degree. The negative stereotypes are flung from one side to the other -- back and forth, back and forth. It's amusing for a while, but then it gets boring. :roll:

That is all. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Thanks for reading (and quoting my post in its entirety), "guise." :lol: :mrgreen: If you had half a brain or were in any way observant, you'd realize that each member of this forum speaks for himself. Considering the negative stereotyping Fat Man does (which I don't happen to agree with), you "guise" engage in negative stereotyping of a different sort to the same or even greater degree. The negative stereotypes are flung from one side to the other -- back and forth, back and forth. It's amusing for a while, but then it gets boring. :roll:

That is all. :mrgreen:
Good evening Earl.

Yeah, I know I like to stereo-type jocks and sports fans.

But then, they like to stereo-type nerds and geeks, that we are all sissies and wimps, and we have all heard the stereo-typical euphemism of the "pencil-necked geek" which is one of their all time favorites.

Well, when I was in high school, although I was a nerd and a geek, at 250 pounds I was no pencil-neck. I actually looked more like a football player than a nerd, even though I was a nerd. A big fat nerd.

Also, we nerds are not sissies. For example: I love motorcycles, and when I lived in Las Cruces, I had a Kawasaki KZ 650 with a four-banger. And believe me, a four-banger on a motorcycle is actually more complicated than a four-banger on a car.

That's because my engine had four carburetors, while a four-banger on a car has only one carburetor and an intake manifold to the four cylinders. So, with the four-banger on my motorcycle, it had a carburetor for each cylinder and each one had to be tuned and adjusted separately, and there were four float levels to be adjusted. Also, there is no exhaust manifold, but rather, each cylinder has it's own exhaust pipe.

Also, when it comes to setting the ignition timing, I had two sets of breaker points instead of one, and some four cylinder bikes has four sets of breaker points, one set for each cylinder, so it's not like tuning a single four cylinder engine, but rather, more like tuning four one-cylinder engines, each one with it's own carburetor and breaker points. When tuning a four cylinder engine of a motor cycle there is no margin of error, all four cylinders have to tuned separately and precisely. If one of them is off the engine won't run, or it will run rough and vibrate too much.

I couldn't afford to take my bike to a mechanic. I did it all myself.

It was the only transportation I had, and I rode my motorcycle through all kind of weather to do my shopping. During the cold winter months, I didn't see very many skinny guys out there on motorcycles. It was mostly us fat guys and gals you saw on motorcycles during the months of December and January.

So, not all of us nerds and geeks are pencil-necks!

Image Image

The photo on the right was taken of me back in April 2007 when I only weighed 370 pounds. I now weigh about 400 pounds.
Can you almost see the resemblance? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No, I was definitely no pencil-neck geek. A geek, yes! But no pencil-neck!

As for the 4channers, well, my main objection is seeing my phone number and my home address posted over at Encyclopedia Dramatica.

I don't give a damn if people want to insult me because I don't like sports, or insult me because I'm fat. I'm use to that sort of thing. I can take it, and I can dish it out!

I just wish that my personal information, my phone number and home address is taken off from that web page. I'm sure that is illegal.

Yeah, I admit it. I like to stereo-type jocks and sports fans.

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But as long they like to stereo-type nerds and geeks, or anybody who does not like sports, or merely is not interested in sports, then I feel we have a right to stereo-type them.

Tit for tat, and all that!!!

What goes around, comes around!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Oh yes!

To all those sports fans and Macho Jocko jerks who think that nerds and geeks are sissies and wimps.

Well . . . . .

Guess again!!!

Oh, by the way . . . . . to all the sports fans and jocks looking at this photo, that big thing you see in the background is a Newtonian type reflector telescope with a 10 or a 12 inch concave mirror. You don't buy something like that. You build it yourself. Yeah! A little bit of info for the sports fans and the jocks who are too fucking stupid to figure it out for themselves!!!

We love the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

You got that? Monkey-boys!!!

DAMN! I can't help it, but stereo-typing jocks and sports fans is so much fun!!!

Yeah! I know . . . like, gee I'm a big fat bitch!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl

Post by Earl »

Being a Baby Boomer, I'm a big Twilight Zone fan; so, I'll quote a line from the episode "Judgment Night": "I know we're being stalked." Some casual visitors to this forum seem to have the mistaken impression that I started this website, as if I knew anything about using computers. The fact is that I had nothing to do with the creation of this website. Greetings, my curious /sp/artan friends. Please click on the following link and read through the topic to see who's name is mentioned several times. This name should be familiar to you.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums ... try2214693

Now scroll down the Guestbook page to the point where Andy submitted his first message and read upwards, of course. Then read the topic "Here to have a civilized debate" and see whom I defended. You really have no idea why I support this website. You may think you do, but you don't. :wink:

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Good of you to try so hard to get through to the 4channers, Earl. I know you want to believe there is some sort of decency in these people, but I on the other hand do not believe that at all. These people are not here to try and gain some insight into opposite views on sports, they are here to troll under fake identities and laugh at us when we take it seriously. Here is a link you may all find interesting:
http://4chanarchive.org/brchive/dspl_th ... k+trolling
This is an archived thread preserved by the 4channers so they can keep coming back to laugh at how they tricked us and caused the harm they did. It will stick around for them, so it should do for us. I am one of the people they mainly direct their insults towards because I was very much taken in by the fake "John" identity and left an absolutely HUGE post in response to him. They are laughing at me because I raged to a vast extent at a "copypasta", something which they took from another source and pasted somewhere else to spread it around. I posted the link to that page somewhere else.
These are not reasonable people; these are just time-wasters and frauds who want to mess us around. They're not even like the most obnoxious of sports bores who could be gotten through to by means of an insightful, understanding post. They just want to play jokes on us and laugh when we make the mistake of believing they're for real.
What a bunch of idiots.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Yes, we were all taken in, but we won't fall for that ever again.

Never again!

There is an old Native American saying . . . . .

Fool me once . . . . . a curse on you!
Fool me twice . . . . . a curse on me!

Well, since we aren't going to fall for that ever again, then the curse is on them!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:Well, since we aren't going to fall for that ever again, then the curse is on them!
I wouldn't be too sure. They laughed at me so hard for taking "John" seriously. Just look at the size of my first response to him. All I did was play into their hands. Chances are they could easily repeat that with a different "copypasta" - I get mad rather easily when people attack my interests.
And the /sp/ thread on 4chan moves so quickly; several posts a minute are made. A post you make on that thread will be lost in about an hour unless someone chooses to archive it, which they did with the thread I gave here.
So it's hard to know what the 4channers will be up to next with so much activity happening on their forum.
What happens next? That's what I'd like to know.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Oh yes! One of my favorite quotes from GirlVinyl on her shitty web page at Encyclopedia Dramatica.
When he came to the attention of the chans

One day the /sp/artans at 4chan discovered a website entirely devoted to discussing why sports are responsible for everything that is wrong in society; www.sportssuck.org. They proceeded to infiltrate their forums and troll for great justice. One member in Particular really rubbed the /sp/artans the wrong way, that man was FAT MAN at first the trolls thought he might be the greatest troll of all time but they quickly realized he was not. They proceeded to get doc's, and much win and lulz were had.
Like, who in the fucking Hell are "the chans" anyway?

Don't tell me! I know.

These are the self-appointed sports enforcers, the self-appointed sports police who's job it is to harass anybody who doesn't like sports. America is not really a free country. We're really not allowed to choose what we like, or dislike. We must all love sports! That is mandatory! Too dislike sports is to be harassed and bullied around. We must all love sports or else.

Like, who in the fucking Hell died and made them God???

Well, I don't expect everybody to like the same things I like. I don't expect everybody to like playing chess, or listen to classical music, or enjoy reading books. I don't go around bullying and beating up on people who don't like the same things I like.

Ah! But the sports fans and the jocks, they can not except the fact that not everybody likes sports. Everybody must love sports, or else!!! We must all love sports, or be subjected to harassment and bullying.

They are the sports police!

Well, sorry sports fans. Not everybody likes sports. get over it!!!

But I guess, people who like to eat shit, they expect everybody else to like the taste of shit.

Sorry all you sports-loving shit-eaters! Not everybody love sports, and not everybody likes to eat shit!

You all seriously need to get over it, and get a life!!!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

They like to exaggerate their own importance, Fat Man. They try to make it sound like they're some sort of a tribe. "The attention of the chans". It's funny how they do this and call us fat lazy faggots when they too are on the computer all day long spending their time spamming another website. Yeah, that's hypocrisy for you.
They also replied to one of my comments about American footbore being "big meatheads in tights chasing a penis-shaped object" by saying I was so fat I'd forgotten what my own penis looks like. Yeah, because 183 cm and 170 pounds is grossly obese, isn't it! What about these people? They're probably running round chasing each other so much they've become walking X-rays. What idiots. They may laugh at me for taking "John" seriously but I'm laughing at them for calling me, a skinny bastard, fat! So we're both in the wrong there. That kind of evens it out a little.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

You've made a big mistake, i_like_1981. If you want the /sp/artan spammers to understand you, you've got to use words they understand. The word "centimeter" is way out of their sphere of knowledge.

Okay, my /sp/artan spamming friends, what he means is that he's over 6 feet tall and weighs 170 pounds. Just trying to be helpful. :mrgreen:

Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm so encouraged by the number of views my topic has received, certainly many more than I had expected in such a short period of time. That must mean that our website has become more popular or that more people are curious about it. :) Hey, wait a minute. :( These aren't regular visitors. They're just those spammers from the 4chan sports board, the courageous /sp/artans. :x :roll: ("This is /Sp/arta!!! A little humor there, folks; and I do mean little. :lol: ) They give a new meaning to the well-known line "Big Brother Is Watching You." Well, they could also include some posters from that inestimable sports board who are merely curious. Oh, well ... Hey, guys, I hope you're having a great weekend. :mrgreen:

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hooray! :D We've got more than 1000 views! :D I knew we could do it! (in such a short interval of time, too) :P :lol: :wink:

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

YOU DA MAN!!!! :)

I Hope We Lose!