A LOW-LIFE SPORTS-SCUM SUBSCRIBED ME TO SPORTS ILLUSTRATED!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: A LOW-LIFE SPORTS-SCUM SUBSCRIBED ME TO SPORTS ILLUSTRAT

Post by i_like_1981 »

I hate to say it, but sometimes I enjoy getting mad and acting all tough on the internet.
That's why I "FUCKING RAGED SO HARD" (quote courtesy of 4chan) at "john" on the "I hate all of you" thread. Because the internet allows you to do things that you could not possibly do in real life. Behind a computer you could safely say things that you would never have the guts to go and say to the message recipient's face. The internet offers anonymity, safety, an extra dimension to your life. Opponents who would have you crying your eyes out if you were to cross them in real-life are just names on a screen here. You can go at them all you want.
In real life, I am not a tough guy. I am lanky, have greasy hair and could most likely get flattened with ease by anyone down my local pub. Limitations are strict on what I can do. It is important to differentiate between what is in cyberspace and what is happening in the real world, otherwise you will surely go wrong. Thankfully I can.
As long as it is not used for illegal purposes, the web offers freedom and the ability to keep yourself hidden. If someone is harassing you on the web, you can go at them with comments you would never dare say to their face. It's far easier for me to deliver just retribution to my enemies on here than it would be in real life. Why? I guess it is just who I am. On the internet intellectual power is all it needs to win an argument. Physical power is worth nothing on here. That is why we so ultimately end up winning over the sports bores!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Fat Man wrote: The sad truth is, that a lot of elderly people lose their appetites and run the risk of dying from malnutrition. So, I say, when you get really old, and have lived a good long life, I believe that it's OK to enjoy eating as much as you please and it's OK to be fat when you're in your 70s and 80s. At that age, obesity is not going to kill you, it's old age! I have seen that many old people who are fat are actually much happier than old people who are way too thin.

While I agree that the elder people who have a "reserve" are better off, it is important to know malnutrition can occur at any weight. Malnutrition is very common in overweight people because while they are taking many calories, they are not high quality calories. ;) Confusing, I know.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

sparkle wrote:
Fat Man wrote: The sad truth is, that a lot of elderly people lose their appetites and run the risk of dying from malnutrition. So, I say, when you get really old, and have lived a good long life, I believe that it's OK to enjoy eating as much as you please and it's OK to be fat when you're in your 70s and 80s. At that age, obesity is not going to kill you, it's old age! I have seen that many old people who are fat are actually much happier than old people who are way too thin.

While I agree that the elder people who have a "reserve" are better off, it is important to know malnutrition can occur at any weight. Malnutrition is very common in overweight people because while they are taking many calories, they are not high quality calories. ;) Confusing, I know.
No, you're actually right on.

If the calories you're taking in comes only from junk foods, then you can weigh 500 pounds and still die from malnutrition.

But it's good to have an appetite during you old age, and if you're in you late 70s and 80s then it's OK to be fat.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Sparkle is right. I ought to change my eating habits a bit before I get too far into my 30s. Right now I'm always putting away junk foods like burgers, pizza and chocolate (especially now Easter is coming) and I often forget to consume enough vegetables and minerals as the health companies recommend. I know one day, all this will take its toll on me. But I forget about that at times as my high metabolic rate ensures I stay skinny and keeps my mind nice and ignorant towards unhealthy foods. The burgers shall most likely not stop until they HAVE to. Sometimes "the hard way" is the only way people can be educated or made to change. They just won't take it seriously until that moment comes; myself included. Oh, and I was at the gym again on Monday. I bumped into my friend from work who is a bit of a regular there; news of my "fitness endeavours" seems to be travelling around the place now! I don't think they notice any difference on me. I've not gained or lost any weight since I started there (and sorry, sparkle, I still don't have any mind-blowing pictures to show you of my "results"!). I generally go there to exercise myself, get out in the evening, at least bring some physical activity to my life. It feels good but I don't expect to be the local hunk anytime soon. The women round here could do far better than me. :cry:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

It is probably most important to have an appetite in old age!
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981, remember, you've got to give yourself time. It's way too soon. You're not going to get results immediately. Just be patient and persistent. You should read up about the sort of dietary changes you can make that will facilitate your muscular development. Perhaps your fellow co-worker might have some tips. Literature is available in men's health magazines and elsewhere. Remember, bodybuilding involves more than just lifting weights. Don't get frustrated because you don't already know everything you need to know. Just keep exercising. *thumbs up*
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:i_like_1981, remember, you've got to give yourself time. It's way too soon. You're not going to get results immediately. Just be patient and persistent. You should read up about the sort of dietary changes you can make that will facilitate your muscular development. Perhaps your fellow co-worker might have some tips. Literature is available in men's health magazines and elsewhere. Remember, bodybuilding involves more than just lifting weights. Don't get frustrated because you don't already know everything you need to know. Just keep exercising. *thumbs up*
Thanks Earl. You'd know more about this than I would. I guess I just expect too much too soon or think that everyone who goes to the gym for a good long time will develop arms like tree trunks and be able to lift up and throw cars like beachballs! I have a lot to learn about exercising yet. I'll keep at it, though. As I say, it's more about building up confidence and personal health than trying to get muscles that could knock out a horse!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

These things take time. It took me maybe a year to where I was wow at the difference.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:These things take time. It took me maybe a year to where I was wow at the difference.
Yeah, I'm sure there are some people out there who think the moment they pick up a weight the muscles will start to tear through their shirt. But for a skinny bastard like myself it'll take some serious hard training before I begin to see the slightest bit of a bulge! I'll be back there tomorrow evening for more "strenuous exercise"!

I know just what the 4channers from the /sp/ board reading through these posts are thinking as they see these words - "OMG! That 1981 fag is talkin bout physical fitness! :lol: >my face when I watch i_like_1981 break his arm picking up a 3 pound weight - lulz". Well, 4channers, learn to handle it! Your thoughts on us are incredibly far from the facts!

Best regards,
i_like_1981