MORE INSANITY!!! WHEN SIZE FOUR IS TOO FAT!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

MORE INSANITY!!! WHEN SIZE FOUR IS TOO FAT!

Post by Fat Man »

I can remember many years ago, back in the 1970s, when one evening, my mother and I, we were watching The Miss America Beauty Pageant, and the average model was about 5 feet 9 inches and weighed about 130 pounds.

I remember thinking back then, that was too thin.

Now, today, in 2010, that would be considered obese!!!

Anyway, here is some more vanity insanity!!!

http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/201 ... newsletter
When size four is too fat
New York's fashion week wouldn't be complete without
yet another runway model's bleak story

Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 12:17 EST
By Margaret Eby

Fall fashion week in New York wouldn't be complete without an are you kidding me? story about the fashion's world's warped body size standards. So here it is: Coca Rocha, a 21-year-old model who worked the catwalk this week for Diane Von Furstenberg and Zac Posen, told The New York Times that she's not in demand for shows anymore thanks to her size four body. That's right: size four. Rocha sanely responded by telling those designers to stuff it. "If I want a hamburger, Iâ??m going to have one. No 21-year-old should be worrying about whether she fits a sample size."

Rocha, already an advocate for industry reform, recounted her struggle with her weight as a young model. When the five-foot-ten Rocha weighed in at just 108 pounds, she was told to lose weight, and made herself sick by taking diuretic pills on an empty stomach. In an e-mail to the Associated Press in 2008, Rocha wrote:

"I'll never forget the piece of advice I got from people in the industryâ?¦ They said, 'You need to lose more weight. The look this year is anorexia. We don't want you to be anorexic but that's what we want you to look like.'"

Needless to say, ugh. With all the uproar over fashion industry shifts and the much-hullaballooed appearance of a few normal-sized women on the runway, it's discouraging to see just how little has changed. As we've said so many times, the truth is that very few women can fit into those teeny-tiny sample sizes naturally, and the ones who can't are either forced out of the industry or have to struggle to conform, often developing disordered eating habits to cope with the daily scrutiny of their bodies. The deaths of models Ana Carolina Reston and Luisel Ramos remind us all too vividly of the dangers of this system.

At the Council of Fashion Designers of America's symposium last week, industry insiders discussed upping the sample size of clothing from a size zero to a size four and banning girls younger than 16 from the runway. That measure, if it was actually put in place and honored, would nudge the industry in the right direction. Maybe in the future stunners like Rocha won't be skipped over for having a hamburger now and then.
Gee! I thought there was going to be some reforms in the fashion industry.

I remember reading about a year ago that they were not going to allow their models to be less than a size 6 or a size 8 which is still much thinner than average.

But no! I guess they went back on their word.

And here some more! It gets even better!

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fa ... o_fat.html
At size 4, Fashion Week model Coco
Rocha, 21, is latest of many women
considered fat by industry

BY Amy Diluna
DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR
Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 8:57 AM

What the ... ? Coco Rocha says the demand for her modeling services has gone down because of her size-4 body.

So it's come to this.

After all the hype, promises and international outcry, fashion's still calling normal girls fat.

Kambouris/Getty
"It took a while to grow the confidence to say,
'This is who I am, take it or leave it,'" Rocha says.

Coco Rocha is the latest victim of fashion's irresponsible, unattainable demand that young women - some barely into their teens - be emaciated.

The 21-year-old top model, an outspoken advocate for industry reform, told The New York Times that demand for her services has waned, thanks to an occasional hamburger habit.

Sunday, she modeled for Diane von Furstenberg. Monday, she walked in Zac Posen's show.

Look at the pictures.

She's a size 4 - and she's gorgeous.

Gemma Ward, an Australian who quit the business last year, got attention recently for chunked-up pictures (read: she's got thighs) that circulated online. One blogger suggested she could get work in the plus-size biz.

Slaven Vlasic
Rocha has recently appeared in Diane von
Furstenberg and Zac Posen's Fashion Week
shows, but she's not the only model dealing
with the industry's pin-thin weight demand.

Compare these women with the models getting all the bookings - stick figures with jutting collarbones, thighs the size of their ankles and not a whisper of a womanly curve. They're following in the footsteps of waifs like Kate Moss, who recently gave us her words of wisdom: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." It didn't feel good for Ana Carolina Reston, the 88-pound Brazilian who died in 2006 of complications from anorexia.

Don't feel sorry for the models: They live in a country where there's access to food, and are actively starving themselves to make money. They're making a choice.

Crystal Renn, a size-12 model who spent the early part of her career starving herself, says she was chasing a dream. "No one chained me to a treadmill; no one forced me to starve," she told the Daily News. "I made those decisions to reach for the standards that were set for me." Want to throw blame? Look straight at the people who are paying them.

Last week, the Council of Fashion Designers of America threw a symposium where designers, models and editors discussed raising the "sample size," the industry standard set for runway and magazine photo shoots, to a size 4.

Right now, it's a zero.

Designers and agents alike know that they're setting the bar for boniness - and that it's set pretty high. Stunner Doutzen Kroes was at that panel and told The Associated Press she doesn't do shows because she doesn't fit into the sample size.

So she joined Victoria's Secret's brigade of sexy girls. "I eat and I am happy," she said. "I want a healthy lifestyle, and I hope other models can have choices like that." Rocha spoke out at the event, too, saying, "It took a while to grow the confidence to say, 'This is who I am, take it or leave it.'"

And fashion, she has now revealed, decided to leave it.

Two years ago, at the first of these useless events, she admitted that when she was at her thinnest - just 108 pounds (she's 5-feet-10) - someone told her to lose weight.So she did, and made herself ill with diuretic pills taken on an empty stomach. She vowed never to do it again - and made a plea then to the people present at the dog-and-pony show to make a change.

It was a cry for help.

And no one has listened.

========================================

Fashion faux pas: Models that are 'too fat' in eyes
of fashion industry

Model Coco Rocha, here at a dress fitting, is the latest victim of
fashion's irresponsible, unattainable demand that young women
be emaciated.

Rocha, 21, is a size 4, but believes she's lost out on modeling gigs
due to her weight. But she's not the only model whose battled with
the fashion industry's misperception of women's weight ...

Gemma Ward, walking in Zac Posen's 2006 spring show, boldly quit the
modeling business last year after she came under fire for gaining weight.

A svelte Doutzen Kroes told The Associated Press that she doesn't do
fashion shows because she can't fit into the sample size. She instead
has used her healthy body to launch a better career ...

... as a stunning Victoria's Secret model.

Crystal Renn starved herself in the early years of her fashion career
to 'reach for the standards that were set for me.'

Now, Renn embraces her curvaceous body as a size-12 model.

Brazilian model Ana Carolina Reston just couldn't overcome
the pressure of the industry to maintain a pin-thin figure.
Reston died in 2006 of complications from anorexia. She
weighed just 88 pounds.
Oh yes indeed!

At 88 pounds she was most definitely super morbidly obese!

If she had lived, the EMS, Emergency Medical Service would have had to knock down a wall to get her out of her house and into a bariatric ambulance if she had gotten any fatter!

YEAH RIGHT!!!

I guess these days it's better to die thin than to live fat!

Now, 108 pounds at 5 feet 10 inches is considered way too fat!

I'm only 5 feet 6 inches, about 4 inches shorter than most of these fashion models, so I guess I'm only suppose to weigh 90 pounds, or perhaps 100 pounds since I'm a male.

Uh huh! Uh huh! We know! we know!

Maybe in another 10 years or so, 85 pounds will be considered too fat for a female 5 feet 10 inches tall.

I fear that God is going to get really pissed off, and turn off the gravity switch, and say "Hey! Now you crazy fuckers weigh zero!" and he would probably laugh as everybody floated away off of the Earth and out into space to die!!!

Hey God! Please don't do that! Please don't turn off the gravity switch! I love gravity! And I don't even mind weighing 400 pounds either!!!

Also, I like women who are nice and plump.

FUCK HOLLYWOOD! FUCK THE FASHION INDUSTRY! FUCK THE USA!

Hollywood and the fashion industry are responsible for killing young ladies. The constant social pressure to conform to their unrealistic standards has caused them to develop all kinds of eating disorders that can eventually kill.

I believe that those who run the Hollywood media and the fashion industry should be charged with murder, and if found guilty in a court of law, then they should all get the death penalty.

We are being brainwashed by the media.

The average home has two washing machines.

One in the laundry room for washing clothes.

One in the living room for washing brains!

It's call a TV! It's the brainwashing machine!

Now, I'll be damned if the media is going to dictate what is considered acceptable or not.

I know what I like, and I don't like bones!

I like a real woman with nice soft round curves!

Bones are for dogs!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Re: MORE INSANITY!!! WHEN SIZE FOUR IS TOO FAT!

Post by i_like_1981 »

That's a good picture of the two "washing machines". It sure made me laugh. :lol:

I don't find anorexic models attractive either. I can't help but be a bit repulsed whenever I see the photo of some overly-skinny model in the paper, such as Victoria Beckham who weighs 7 stone, last I heard. It's better to have a bit of weight on you (though I'm hardly the one to talk at 170 pounds and six feet). When bones show it gives off the stench of dietary and health problems. The most attractive women I see are those who are perfectly normal, not too skinny or fat, just the normal weight. And curves are always good.

But what I don't like is when you see their hip-bones poke out like the bottom of a lampshade! A bit repulsive in my opinion! I think these supermodels are made to think that even the tiniest bit of bulge will make people call them hideous, fat and sweaty. Yet I think the odd bulge shows someone who's well-fed and in fine health. I don't like seeing women overdo it on either side of the weight spectrum!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

i_like_1981 wrote:That's a good picture of the two "washing machines". It sure made me laugh. :lol:

I don't find anorexic models attractive either. I can't help but be a bit repulsed whenever I see the photo of some overly-skinny model in the paper, such as Victoria Beckham who weighs 7 stone, last I heard. It's better to have a bit of weight on you (though I'm hardly the one to talk at 170 pounds and six feet). When bones show it gives off the stench of dietary and health problems. The most attractive women I see are those who are perfectly normal, not too skinny or fat, just the normal weight. And curves are always good.

But what I don't like is when you see their hip-bones poke out like the bottom of a lampshade! A bit repulsive in my opinion! I think these supermodels are made to think that even the tiniest bit of bulge will make people call them hideous, fat and sweaty. Yet I think the odd bulge shows someone who's well-fed and in fine health. I don't like seeing women overdo it on either side of the weight spectrum!

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Took the words right out of my mouth. Who wants a skeleton as a date? Most people are chubby or thin with some fat I think but no 6-packs. So what most people think is normal really isn't. The two extremes are definitely far way from a good general image of the public. We should add the 3rd extreme....too much muscle lol jocks! :lol:
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Indurrago wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:That's a good picture of the two "washing machines". It sure made me laugh. :lol:

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Took the words right out of my mouth. Who wants a skeleton as a date? Most people are chubby or thin with some fat I think but no 6-packs. So what most people think is normal really isn't. The two extremes are definitely far way from a good general image of the public. We should add the 3rd extreme....too much muscle lol jocks! :lol:
Well, I have to be honest.

As a fat person myself (5 feet 6 inches and 400 pounds) I like my women nice and fat.

Yes, this lady would be classified as obese, but I like women with big butts and big thighs.

I think she's she hot!!! Sizzling hot!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

I'd rather read a fashion magazine than a football magazine any day of the week, but you boys are forgetting something here. Off the rack clothes are a size 2 for models. If your job is to fit into a certain size, why does an entire industry owe it to a few girls to have special clothes just for them to model? The measurements for size 2 are 33/25/35.5 Not that impossibly tiny.

When I open up a Cosmo it's not rife with bones. Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, an Eva Herzigova are loved for their curves. I hear a lot of men put down models like this. I'm not judging anyone, but why are fashion magazines obligated to do anything other than make the fashion worn look as good as possible? Not everything in our culture is obligated to arouse you.

What some of you are saying is a lot like what brainless jocks are saying.

"Not playing/liking sports is unhealthy and promotes being bad/unhealthy."

"Not displaying/catering to heavier women is unhealthy and promotes being bad/unhealthy."

If you expect to have your views respected, then you have to be respectful.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

We are just expressing our opinions on what we find attractive in women, sparkle. We are not insisting that all fashion magazines should undergo a reformation to please us; however, I believe that the anorexic models show bad health and neglect to their own bodies which is not attractive and what I know has influenced young girls to starve themselves and develop similar problems just so they can fit this rather weird definition of "attractive". I don't see what disrespectful stuff I wrote. This is just a board to express our opinions; we don't insist on anything really happening as guess how far we'd go! Take the whole "banning sports" aspect for instance.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

How do you know that's what influenced anorexia or bulimia in some girls? Do you know anyone with anorexia or bulimia?

Most models are not sick. That's just not true. Just because a size is unattainable for one person doesn't mean it is for another, or that it's bad.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

sparkle wrote:I'd rather read a fashion magazine than a football magazine any day of the week, but you boys are forgetting something here. Off the rack clothes are a size 2 for models. If your job is to fit into a certain size, why does an entire industry owe it to a few girls to have special clothes just for them to model? The measurements for size 2 are 33/25/35.5 Not that impossibly tiny.

When I open up a Cosmo it's not rife with bones. Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, an Eva Herzigova are loved for their curves. I hear a lot of men put down models like this. I'm not judging anyone, but why are fashion magazines obligated to do anything other than make the fashion worn look as good as possible? Not everything in our culture is obligated to arouse you.

What some of you are saying is a lot like what brainless jocks are saying.

"Not playing/liking sports is unhealthy and promotes being bad/unhealthy."

"Not displaying/catering to heavier women is unhealthy and promotes being bad/unhealthy."

If you expect to have your views respected, then you have to be respectful.
Excuse me!

But I resent you comparing us to jocks!

OK, some people are just naturally slender and small enough to fit into a size 2 outfit. I have no problem with that. OK?

But some models have actually died, starving themselves down to fit into smaller outfits, so yes, the fashion industry is promoting bad/unhealthy eating habits.

Maybe they don't do it deliberately, but it does happen inadvertently. The fashion industry dose promote unrealistic standards.

Also, I don't find collarbones and hipbones and ribs poking out through the skin as being attractive. But that is the standard the is being promoted by Hollywoon, and now, any guy who likes women with a fuller figure is considered a pervert.

So now, I'm a fucking pervo because I like plump women!

Oh! But NAMBLA, the North American Man-Boy Love Association, and the ACLU, American Civil Liberties Union are both trying to get the age of consent laws repealed from the law books in an effort to "normalize" pedophilia.

So, if they are successful, then it will become OK for rich old men who smell bad to get naked and butt-bang little boys!

But in today's society, guys like me are considered perverts by Hollywood standards because I'm attracted to chubby women. ADULT chubby women!!!

So, look who's talking!
sparkle wrote:How do you know that's what influenced anorexia or bulimia in some girls? Do you know anyone with anorexia or bulimia?

Most models are not sick. That's just not true. Just because a size is unattainable for one person doesn't mean it is for another, or that it's bad.
Again, some fashion models have died trying to get down to a smaller size!

That is an indisputable fact!

Fashion models have starved themselves to keep from losing their jobs.

Through out society in general, people who are overweight have been discriminated against when it comes to jobs, education, and housing.

And in school, I have been harassed because I didn't lie sports.

America is NOT a free country.

The USA is unable to except the fact that people come in many different sizes and shapes and that not everybody likes sports.

We must all conform! We must all the the same size, and we must all like the same things!

I SAY FUCK THAT!

They should all leave the country and go live in Nazi Land somewhere!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:How do you know that's what influenced anorexia or bulimia in some girls? Do you know anyone with anorexia or bulimia?

Just being skinny is not a sign of poor health. Many people are like that, including myself. It's a matter of metabolism, eating habits and exercise that judge weight. Despite the fact I do very little exercise and eat an absolute shedload of food, my weight always seems to stay low and that's because I have a high metabolism. Yet it would be extremely hard for someone with a low metabolism to keep their weight down easily - we're all different people.

Anorexia and bulimia can be caused by many things, but one of the main reasons for it is because young girls have been heavily-influenced by these stick-bodied supermodels and made to starve themselves to attain a similar look. Obviously that's not the only cause for it but it's one of them.

And no, I don't know anyone with that condition. But I know many supermodels have it. And celebrities have a lot of influence on the population so they're bound to affect the livelihoods of some people in that way. It doesn't mean anyone's stupid, it just means someone has been blinded from the true definitions of beauty and health.

But keep in mind all this is coming from a 28-year-old who lives on his own. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

1981, u are obviously the person here who can talk respectfully, so I'm addressing you. What SUPERMODELS have anorexia or bulimia? A handful of models have, but it's an illness more common amongst overacheiving school girls than models. I've modeled, and I've never been told, "Lose weight." I've been told to shape up, but the phrase "lose weight" has more often come from ignorant family and friends.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:1981, u are obviously the person here who can talk respectfully, so I'm addressing you. What SUPERMODELS have anorexia or bulimia? A handful of models have, but it's an illness more common amongst overacheiving school girls than models. I've modeled, and I've never been told, "Lose weight." I've been told to shape up, but the phrase "lose weight" has more often come from ignorant family and friends.
Supermodels... models... I get them all mixed up. But I think the answer to your question could be found with a quick Google search. I saw something about an anorexic model who actually died on the stage but didn't want to read it. Sounded a bit disturbing. Yeah, you're probably right that it's more common with young girls than grown adults but it is to be noted that several models today are dangerously underweight and this is influencing the minds of young females who admire them, in a very negative way that can lead to serious health problems and death. I wish I could give names of specific models but I'm stuck. This is just news you hear around; people like me don't really pay much attention to it, as it's more a "womanly" issue. I never said all models are ordered to lose weight and I'm sure you weren't. But some do. There are a few rotten apples in every bunch who do very little to soil the reputation of the whole group. As the dangerously skinny models do that to the whole modelling profession, the intolerant jocks do that to all sports fans. I'm not saying all sports fans or models are bad influences - that's not true. But the ones who are bad influences go a long way to make the bad influence well set in people's minds. Even individuals have tarnished whole groups before, like Hitler did to the Germans. Perhaps you are right, sparkle. But I think we are both right in what we are saying. You for saying it's more a problem with young girls than professional models, and me for saying that it has happened with models in many cases and has influenced young girls to follow suit. I never said it was the only factor.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

We can agree there. :)

It may color your perception on "size 4" too. U are in the UK, where ur size 4 is our size 0. Our size 4 in the US is ur size 8, which is pretty average size. I do think when we look at high end fashion, the modeling should be about the clothes, not the body, and a size 2 US (or size 6 UK) is slim and doesn't have distracting bulges. There's an aesthetic reason.

I don't think actresses should follow suit and really, they don't for the most part.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

:shock:

What? There's a size zero? How can you be a size zero? Zero's like you don't even exist!
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Skul wrote::shock:

What? There's a size zero? How can you be a size zero? Zero's like you don't even exist!
It's true, you know. But then again, perhaps we don't understand women and their fashion so well... :lol:

By the way, who are you referring to as a "zero"? :?:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Skul wrote: :shock:

Hell! They recently came out with a size -2, that's right, a negative 2. I kid you not!!!
sparkle wrote:1981, u are obviously the person here who can talk respectfully, so I'm addressing you. . . . etc. etc.
Oh! So I'm being disrespectful just simply because I disagree with you! Eh?

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

No, I believe that what is happening in the fashion industry is just another result of the declining quality of education in our schools.

As I have said before, in our schools, they don't teach science and math anymore. They only teach how to play Charades and how to fold paper footballs. They don't even teach art anymore.

So, when it comes to designing clothes, they are unable to cut the cloth to fit the natural shapes that most women have. It's much too complex for them because they have no knowledge of art, or the geometry of complex curves, so it's much easier to cut a piece of clothe to wrap around a broom stick or a soda straw.

That's because, they have never learned any art or geometry, since it's no longer taught in our schools anymore.

Therefore, today's fashion designers are drooling moronic retards who only know how to draw stick figures like children in Kindergarten!