THE OUTER LIMITS - DECOMPRESSION

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

THE OUTER LIMITS - DECOMPRESSION

Post by Fat Man »

Tonight, I was watching The Outer Limits on cable TV.

This is another really cool time travel episode, about a cigarette smoking black lady who came from about 160 years in the future to the present time to prevent a senator from being elected president.

Decompression
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMcF6IAvxY

It's about 45 minutes long with some commercials in it, but it is the complete episode.

This cigarette smoking black lady comes from the future and appears to this senator on board a jet plane. The plane had been struck by lightening and she came to warn the senator that the plane was going to crash, and convinces him that he must leave the plane, and that he would be rescued before he would hit the ground because of the advanced technology they have in the future.

She explains to him that his election to the presidency is very important to the future of the country, that if his opponent wins the election, the USA was in danger of becoming a totalitarian dictatorship.

This time traveler is visible only to the senator and when he's talking to her, nobody else can see her, so everybody else on the plane thinks the senator is going nuts, talking to himself or to an invisible person.

Toward the end of the episode, the senator grabs a gun from one of the security men, shoots out one of the windows causing the air to rush out and the door pops open, and the senator is swept out of the plane out into the open air, and he is rescued. His fall is broken just before he's about to hit the ground, and then, he lands gently on the ground, face down.

He gets up on his feet standing there in a dark alley in some city, and the black lady time traveler appears to him again.

He thanks her for rescuing him, and she tells him that she actually came to stop him from being elected president, that he would be the tyrant that would cause the USA to become a dictatorship.

So, he asked her, "Then why did you rescue me?" and she takes a long draw on her cigarette and answers "Who said I rescued you?" and he is back up in the air again falling toward the earth, and this time, he hits the ground, KER-SPLAT! and he DIES, laying there dead in a dark alley like scum!

In the meantime, the plane lands safely the lightening that struck the plane did no damage at all and everyone else gets off alive.

I just love these time travel episodes, especially the ones that have an element of revenge in them.

My favorite being about a lady in the episode "A Stitch In Time" who went back in time to knock off serial killers and pedophiles before they began their long bloody careers, thus saving a lot of innocent lives.

Oh! How I love the idea of time travel.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Skul
Forum Admin

Re: THE OUTER LIMITS - DECOMPRESSION

Post by Skul »

You can't do that! The future will be changed! You'll create a time paradox!
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Skul wrote:You can't do that! The future will be changed! You'll create a time paradox!
Yeah, I know!

But it would be nice if we can change the future for the better.

If I knew, beyond all doubt, that the election of someone to office would plunge this country into a dictatorship, I would do everything I can to prevent that person from being elected.

I would love it, if that cigarette smoking black lady from the future would appear to Sarah Palin sometime in 2012 and tell her she will be rescued by some kind of future technology and convince her to jump out of a plane!

She would be moron enough to do it.

Yeah! I'm in love with that cigarette smoking, time traveling black lady from 160 years in the future.

I'd want to marry her!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

OK, I took some fabulous screen shots from the You Tube video of The Outer Limits.

Here the senator is sitting on his seat in the plane, just before the time traveler appears.

The senator is the only one who can see or hear her.

The news she has for him and his future is not good!

Everybody on the plane thinks the senator is going nuts, talking to someone who is invisible.

And here he is again with his invisible companion.

Oh oh! He's got a gun!

The low-life scum-bag senator gets sent a few minutes back in time to take another fall, and this time it will be for keeps!

The senator died like scum! He was dropped from 30,000 feet like a sorry sack of shit!

Now, if I were that black time-traveling smokin' lady, I would be a real bitch about it, and keep sending him back in time, over and over, again and again in an infinite repeating time loop for all eternity!

Yeah, This is the smokin' lady!
Like, I'm in love! Will you marry me?

Yeah! She really smoked him, didn't she!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Excellent show! Hadn't seen it in years, but I just watched it again! Thanks, Fat Man, for the link and the screen shots! Notice that our mysterious visitor from the future appealed to the Senator's vanity. What's also interesting to note is that he was not seeking the Presidency with conspiratorial intent (as, for example, Hitler was when he ran for President of Germany). The Senator's character flaws, though, would be a fatal combination. Fatal for the country, that is. Bruce Boxleitner, the actor who played the Senator, also starred in the sci-fi series Babylon 5. Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but his physical appearance (and the immoral conduct of his character) remind me of Bill Clinton. Again, thanks, Fat Man, for the great show! 8)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Excellent show! Hadn't seen it in years, but I just watched it again! Thanks, Fat Man, for the link and the screen shots! Notice that our mysterious visitor from the future appealed to the Senator's vanity. What's also interesting to note is that he was not seeking the Presidency with conspiratorial intent (as, for example, Hitler was when he ran for President of Germany). The Senator's character flaws, though, would be a fatal combination. Fatal for the country, that is. Bruce Boxleitner, the actor who played the Senator, also starred in the sci-fi series Babylon 5. Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but his physical appearance (and the immoral conduct of his character) remind me of Bill Clinton. Again, thanks, Fat Man, for the great show! 8)
Yeah! I agree! Bill Clinton has the morals of an alley cat!

No wait! I take that back! That was an insult to alley cats!

Of course, George Bush ruined this country.

Bill Clinton only ruined a dress!