Another 'S' Word I Loathe!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
sparkle

Another 'S' Word I Loathe!

Post by sparkle »

SNOW! I can't leave my place today. :? Not so thrilled. Anyone else trapped?
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Re: Another 'S' Word I Loathe!

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:SNOW! I can't leave my place today. :? Not so thrilled. Anyone else trapped?
I know how you feel. Only about a month and a half back we had some real heavy snow over here in England. I couldn't get into work for two days because of it - the whole place was covered in the stuff. Several inches of it. It's fun when you're a kid and you like snowball fights but when you get to my age and you have jobs and stuff to do it just becomes a nuisance. It would have been better if it had come in time for Christmas but it never happens when you really want it, does it?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

sparkle wrote:SNOW! I can't leave my place today. :? Not so thrilled. Anyone else trapped?
No snow here, but it was really sunny today.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

England has many beautiful things, but the weather would depress me!

Christmas snow is ok. Just ok. Any other time it makes me a fierce perra. ;)
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:England has many beautiful things, but the weather would depress me!

Christmas snow is ok. Just ok. Any other time it makes me a fierce perra. ;)
We had a white Christmas over here a few years back. I think it was 2004. Apart from that I can't say I remember having one. The snow usually tends to fall around mid-December to February. I've known snow to fall in March and maybe even April before but definitely not May. May tends to be the most pleasant month for weather over here, or perhaps June. July and August tend to be quite dire in England and they're meant to be the peak of the summer? What is this? Bizarro World?
And the weather in England can be very depressing at times. You have me to vouch for that. :wink:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:July and August tend to be quite dire in England and they're meant to be the peak of the summer? What is this? Bizarro World?
*gasp*

A jock insulted me! But in Bizarro World, that means he likes me.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

i_like_1981 wrote:And the weather in England can be very depressing at times. You have me to vouch for that. :wink:

HA! Yes, but I like the heat. I can handle that. I think my nose is still frozen out on the sidewalk somewhere.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:And the weather in England can be very depressing at times. You have me to vouch for that. :wink:

HA! Yes, but I like the heat. I can handle that. I think my nose is still frozen out on the sidewalk somewhere.
"Heat"? Here in England? I wish. In spring the weather can be sunny, like it has been today, but it's freezing cold too; rarely warm. And in summer it's generally warmer, but the rain tends to fall like there's no tomorrow around the months the summer's meant to reach its peak! What's happening? I think this "global warming" concept is a bit warped in some ways.

Best regards,
i_like_1981