Golf, the gentleman's sport

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
rotten

Golf, the gentleman's sport

Post by rotten »

Golf of course is a gentleman's sport and you may remember golfer John Daly from my post "Our Heros" a couple of weeks ago.
John Daly
(Forsyth County Sheriff's Office / October 29, 2008)
In this photo provided by the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office, professional golfer John Daly is shown. Daly was taken into custody Sunday, Oct. 26, 2008, by Winston-Salem police after he was found drunk outside a Hooters restaurant in Winston-Salem, N.C. While at the restaurant, police said Daly "appeared extremely intoxicated and uncooperative," refused repeatedly to be taken to the hospital and was asked to leave the restaurant by several workers. Daly was taken to the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center for a 24-hour stay, until he was sober.
Well, seems as though he is in the news again.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/Joh ... ?gt1=39002
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)
John Daly was so irritated that a Florida newspaper wrote about his PGA Tour disciplinary file that he referred to the writer as a "jerk" on Twitter and posted the writer's cell phone number for his followers to call.
FOX SPORTS POLL

The Florida Times-Union reported Tuesday that the file is now public record through Daly's unsuccessful libel lawsuit against the newspaper. The file is 456 pages and notes that Daly has been suspended five times and cited 21 times for not giving his best effort.

"here's the JERK who writes NON-NEWS article on debut of my show -- CALL & FLOOD his line & let's tell him how WE feel," Daly said on Twitter, adding the cell phone number of golf writer Garry Smits.

The story appeared the day Daly's reality show made its debut on The Golf Channel.

Smits, the golf writer for the Times-Union, said he received about 30 calls after a series of three tweets late Tuesday night, and nearly 100 calls by early Wednesday afternoon. Smits said most of the callers hang up, and about 30 left messages.

"His fans are very unhappy," Smits said.

Daly removed the tweets by midmorning Wednesday. He did not return a voicemail left for him, although he said in a text message to The Associated Press, "Gary left his cell number and e-mail address from phone number he left in the article public record far as I'm concerned." He did not answer the phone after the AP received his text.

Bud Martin, president of SFX World and Daly's agent, could not immediately be reached for comment. The PGA Tour said it would have no comment on Daly's tweets.

"Over the haters -- To me, this isn't journalism, it's paparazzi-like gossip. Please try harder to find some REAL news next time Gary," said Daly's second tweet.

It was followed by, "Gnight ALL but here's GARY SMITS cell number in case you didn't get it ... non sports writer."

The PGA Tour does not comment on player discipline, but it was forced to turn over Daly's file to attorneys for the newspaper's parent company when Daly sued for libel. The file is now public record.

The lawsuit was dismissed a year ago, and Daly was ordered to pay nearly $272,000 in legal fees.

:arrow: The 456-page file includes several newspaper clippings and incidents that already have been reported during Daly's tumultuous career. It also included some startling numbers -- he was placed on probation six times, ordered to go to counseling or alcohol rehab seven times, cited for conduct unbecoming a professional 11 times and fined nearly $100,000.

Daly has not had his full PGA Tour card since 2006 and has been playing mainly on sponsor exemptions.
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
Earl

Re: Golf, the gentleman's sport

Post by Earl »

Concerning the first news item: I guess he couldn't find any available hooters.

Concerning the second news item: I didn't know John Daly was a 4chan troll.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

How about a "Golf Sucks" board on this forum? Now would be an appropriate time to make one with the whole Tiger Woods scandal still in a high gear. Oh, and this. But I guess that's not my choice to make, is it? I just wouldn't have this guy down as a golfer. Sorry, but although he is one, most golfers look classy, well-tailored and upper class from what I see. The picture you gave just looks to me like a fat alcoholic who could barely hold the cue in his hands! I guess looks are deceptive.
Earl wrote:I guess he couldn't find any available hooters.
I'm not surprised; I bet most women could do far better than him! The only time he ever gets chance to sink his balls into something is during the game! And they say sports players are meant to have a magnetic force about them...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
rotten

Post by rotten »

Earl wrote:Concerning the second news item: I didn't know John Daly was a 4chan troll.
That was my first thought when i read that.
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

i_like_1981 wrote:How about a "Golf Sucks" board on this forum? Now would be an appropriate time to make one with the whole Tiger Woods scandal still in a high gear. Oh, and this. But I guess that's not my choice to make, is it? I just wouldn't have this guy down as a golfer. Sorry, but although he is one, most golfers look classy, well-tailored and upper class from what I see. The picture you gave just looks to me like a fat alcoholic who could barely hold the cue in his hands! I guess looks are deceptive.

I thought the same thing. This guy looks like he would snort loudly and wipe his snotty nose with a dirty cloth before picking up his putter. :lol:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

abitagirl wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:How about a "Golf Sucks" board on this forum? Now would be an appropriate time to make one with the whole Tiger Woods scandal still in a high gear. Oh, and this. But I guess that's not my choice to make, is it? I just wouldn't have this guy down as a golfer. Sorry, but although he is one, most golfers look classy, well-tailored and upper class from what I see. The picture you gave just looks to me like a fat alcoholic who could barely hold the cue in his hands! I guess looks are deceptive.

I thought the same thing. This guy looks like he would snort loudly and wipe his snotty nose with a dirty cloth before picking up his putter. :lol:
Yeah, I can picture him bending over to put the ball on the tee, and his pants slides halfway down on his butt as he bends over showing off his . . . . .

. . . . . let's not go there!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Fat Man wrote:
abitagirl wrote:

Yeah, I can picture him bending over to put the ball on the tee, and his pants slides halfway down on his butt as he bends over showing off his . . . . .

Too late. :shock:

He probably scratches his butt too. :twisted:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

abitagirl wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
abitagirl wrote: I thought the same thing. This guy looks like he would snort loudly and wipe his snotty nose with a dirty cloth before picking up his putter. :lol:

Too late. :shock:

He probably scratches his butt too. :twisted:
Yeah, and after he scratches his butt, he handles the potato chips everyone's eating when they're sitting around at the 19th hole having a few beers.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

rotten

Post by rotten »

Looks more like a hard liquor kind of guy to me. Cheap whiskey, straight up.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

rotten wrote:Looks more like a hard liquor kind of guy to me. Cheap whiskey, straight up.
Cheap whiskey and Buckhorn Beer that smells like the shingles ripped off from a shit-house roof!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Poor guy, he's being dogpiled. Kinda looks like a good ol' boy. :mrgreen:

Hey, abitagirl, he's also a New Orleans Saints fan. :twisted: So, just a few weeks ago, he was chanting -- (muffled/stifled/silenced)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Earl wrote:Poor guy, he's being dogpiled. Kinda looks like a good ol' boy. :mrgreen:

Hey, abitagirl, he's also a New Orleans Saints fan. :twisted: So, just a few weeks ago, he was chanting -- (muffled/stifled/silenced)

I see the wife is doing a good job of keeping you nice and quiet. :twisted:
Earl

Post by Earl »

Yeah, I know; but sometimes she sure gets on my -- (muffled/stifled/silenced)

Earl

Post by Earl »

Finally, she's taking a nap. Now I'm going to yell as loud as I can ...
Go, Montana State Bobcats!!!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Finally, she's taking a nap. Now I'm going to yell as loud as I can ...
Go, Montana State Bobcats!!!
I know a person who definitely wouldn't object to that. :wink:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.