Introductions

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: Introductions

Post by Earl »

Ah, yes! The Sporting News website. I've visited that website. I've even posted there just a few times under the username "healthclubmember." (Not very imaginative, is it?) As I recall, a former member of our forum by the username of "Samdaman" started two topics at Sporting News excoriating our website in which he called upon sympathizers to his point of view and sports fans everywhere to deluge our website with hostile posts, saying that Samdaman :x had sent them. Oddly enough, we were visited by a few critics, as usual; but none of them said that Samdaman sent them. No doubt you came across one or both of these topics. I noticed that he stopped posting at that website nearly three years ago. He found a new home at a Chicago Bears fans website where I sincerely hope he found peace of mind.

I discovered our website two years after the Samdaman :x Wars had come to an end. One of our members (i_like_1981) recently told me in a PM that he thought I could have reached the infamous Sam. But Skul (the forum Admin) has said that he tried to reach him, but failed. So, I probably would have been ignored or insulted. What do I mean by "or"? Of course, I would have been insulted. (Would have been fun, though.) Of course, I read many of his posts. I couldn't stand to read all of them. Good grief! What unbridled hatred that kid had. Poor kid. He sounded like a stereotypical bully. He thought all the members were teenage nerds living in their mother's basement :lol: , never mind that most of the active members of the forum at that time were older than he was. Oh, well, some people are walking parodies. He was banned after he started posting under a false account in which he pretended to be sympathetic to this website -- no doubt with the intention of becoming a moderator one day, which would have enabled him to wreck damage like you've never seen.

A note to all the members: After making some Google searches and visiting a number of websites, I think I have established Samdaman's identity -- which I will not reveal, of course, out of principle (because, after all, I'm not a 4chan /sp/artan troll) and because I'm not willing to conclusively identify him by using his e-mail address to find out his home address, which would cost a small fee I'm not willing to spend. But I'm 99 percent positive that I know who he is. And if I'm right, he's a high school senior who will be playing football at the University of Sioux Falls. Do you realize what this means? Remember Andy, who is a freshman football player at Montana State? Andy, who was given a cold shoulder by some of our members? I'm guessing that someday during the football season Andy will be facing Samdaman :x on the gridiron. Go, Andy! Go, Montana State Bobcats! :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
The Quiet One
Sportsman

Post by The Quiet One »

Samdaman... honestly, I can tell you that I've not seen that name before, save here on the forums. Let me see if I can find the link to the story or post that led me here before...

No, can't seem to find it anymore, but I'm pretty sure I never saw Samdaman's name in the post.. Oh well. I can see why you guys banned him. Sympathy trolls seeking power are the absolute worst you could ever encounter. They get even a whiff of power, and the whole damn thing could come down.
“The beginning of thought is in disagreement , not only with others but also with ourselves.” -Eric Hoffer
Earl

Post by Earl »

That's odd. I visited the Sporting News website to look up the two topics that Samdaman started as a protest against ours. They are entitled "sportssuck.org gay sport hating website" and "Hockey haters website, it pisses me off." Notice he says "gay," the standard insult. I guess he never heard of Brian Sims or Esera Tuaolo, who could easily wipe the floor with him. I was trying to be humorous in my last post. Seriously, I would have tried to reach Samdaman, although he sounded like he was really intolerant. I noticed in one of his posts at Sporting News that he seemed to have a contempt for nonathletic P.E. classmates bordering on outright hatred. An interesting question to ask would be "Why?" I'll have more to say about that issue later. Anyway, he's a source of humor around here.

And, by the way, I don't hate the kid. I hope he's not ever seriously injured playing football. My friend who played football at a university ended up having to undergo surgery on his spine roughly twenty years after he had suffered one or more injuries playing in games. He told me that shortly before the surgery the pain had gotten to be so bad, he called up another friend of his and bawled like a baby on the phone. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

greencom

Post by greencom »

I don't understand why Samdaspam or whatever feels the need to deluge us with comments from his fellow cretins, we are in the vast minority with no chance of ever being a threat to him or the sports "culture", what drives these freaks?
Earl

Post by Earl »

"Samdaspam" ... heh, heh, I like that one, greencom. :lol:

That's a good question. They act like they're insecure. And as I've said before, where does all that hate come from?

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, greencom. You could say this about Samdaman :x : haters gonna hate ... (Now, where did I get that expression?) :lol:

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

greencom wrote:I don't understand why Samdaspam or whatever feels the need to deluge us with comments from his fellow cretins, we are in the vast minority with no chance of ever being a threat to him or the sports "culture", what drives these freaks?
I'll tell you what eats them up, Greencom. The fact that there are a few people out there who aren't afraid to criticise this most dominating of enterprises that they bow down beneath, and the fact that they can't get to us face-to-face and "let us have it". They're annoyed because their immense physical power and that ability to bench-press a car count for nothing on here and that if they try to start a proper argument with us, they won't even be able to make a decent point and we'll just end up defeating them in any debate on here. So they just launch into their frenzied attacks with "HAHAHAHA WOT FAGS YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF NERDS!" and hope that'll scare us. They're just offended because not everyone thinks the same way they do and they're so damn self-important and "incredible" they have some kind of right to boss and bully the free-thinkers around. Well, too damn bad, jocks! You've got all your hot chicks who couldn't give a crap about even so much as looking at a nerd like me so why are you so bothered by all this? I don't understand what drives them either. I personally think these thugs just need to get over themselves, accept the fact they have shortcomings like all other people, learn to live with the fact that people out in the big world think differently of their favourite things and may not be so amazed by them and stop rubbing one out whenever they look at themselves in the mirror. Jocks, eh. You so much as say a bad word against them or their interests and they'll take it upon themselves to make your life a misery and rob you of that freedom of speech. It's another example of intolerance in this world. Another example of intolerance that gets these huge blocks of text out of i_like_1981. Yeah, the 4channers wonder why I submit huge posts; I guess it just really gets to me, the fact that some people can't even tolerate the existence of a single anti-sports forum!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Quiet One
Sportsman

Post by The Quiet One »

Admittedly, I also visited the 4chan site, specifically the sports board, before registering here. I wanted to see what they were all about.

To put it in blunt terms, the majority of them were simply bored, looking for a good laugh. The... interesting part, really, is the fact that the sports board is really one of the tamest boards on there. /b/, the random board... now there's a real disaster area. It seems like they would be way more responsible for this sort of stuff. And from what I've gathered, I wouldn't doubt it either. The /b/ board is notorious for real scum-of-the-internet types to gather, 'raiding' other boards on 4chan, and even leading attacks on other sites while guised as coming from other boards...

Ironically, I've also found that some of the stuff they do can actually be good. I'm not speaking of them singling out people for harrassment or anything that's happened here. I don't know if anyone followed this, but Australia has/had been trying to setup a nationwide filter against things that the government deemed unfit for viewing. I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting vibes of 1984 when I found out about it. I'm a strong supporter of Net Neutrality, and if one government starts filtering things and it manages to fly, then it's a slippery slope and all others who try in the future can point to the original passing...

Anyways, members of 4chan led real-life protests, and also setup attacks against Australian government websites to try and protest/stop the filtering from going into effect. Last that I knew, the filter still wasn't in effect, and you can look it up.

Overall, the site's really a bunch of teens/early 20-somethings looking for laughs (but as I've seen, at the expense of others sometimes), but they know how to band together and fight against real atrocities when they can. I'm neither defending nor praising them, just my observations from searching around and watching some of the boards.

EDIT: As for my liking of sports, since I'm sure people are wondering what sports I like, and if I participate, here is as follows.

I've been a fan of my home state teams (Wisconsin) for a long time, since childhood. I watched Milwaukee Brewers baseball games, sometimes going to the games when my dad could get tickets, and it was almost always a family thing. The only game that I went to where it wasn't a family thing was a school field trip to Milwaukee, and we visited an art museum and the zoo before the game, so we got our fill of culture before we took in the game.

I've also been to a Wisconsin Badger football game or two, and a few Badger hockey games as well. I'm not a fan of professional hockey though, I never really could get behind a pro team since there's not one in the state. I've never been to a Green Bay Packer football game, or a Milwaukee Bucks basketball game, the first because I've never had a chance (it's almost impossible to get tickets to a Packer game, the waiting list for season tickets will have you waiting 30+ years), and the second because my dad never got tickets to go see the Bucks.

I was never pressed by my dad that I had to play a sport, even though he participated in a few while he was in high school. I did take a fitness class in high school my senior year since they offered it, and I was glad I took it, I got into fine shape thanks to it.

The worst that I get is when I watch the Packers, because while growing up, all the pro teams weren't really that good, usually underdogs, the Packers were the ones who finally triumphed and won their sports' championship one year. It was great to see one of my favorite teams, who had been great long ago, but had suffered through many years of defeat and lack of success, finally triumph. At my worst though, I'll usually just engage in some trash talk with opponent's fans, maybe yell at the game a bit. When the game's over, if it's a loss, I give myself a half hour alone to burn it off, and then I'm good again.

As for sports, I don't play for any local teams or anything like that, but I will participate in sports and activities I enjoy in pickup games and the like. For me, sports can be exercise, or entertainment and enjoyment while rooting for my teams to represent my state well.
“The beginning of thought is in disagreement , not only with others but also with ourselves.” -Eric Hoffer
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Ah, rooting for a team of strangers. Something I could never really understand unless you actually even one of them personally. I can understand giving support to the folks in the military since they're out risking their lives for others(police, and fire-fighters as well) or even postal workers(they're more important than ppl give them credit for). But frankly sports never hit home with me, neither entertaining or satisfying. Sports is one of those things I can go on without doing for the rest of my life and still be perfectly be happy. I think most of us are like that here. My father encouraged me to play basketball but I got bored of it even before I reached middle school. I think society's expectation that everyone have an interest in them is one of the most annoying things I ever encountered. Sorry, I don't want to talk about the game last night, no I don't care who won or who lost, what the heck is a _______?!(fill in with some random sports terminology)
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Turudes

Post by Turudes »

Hey everybody. I'm new here as you can see, and I'll just share some things about myself.

I'm 16. I hate sports. And I love video games, especially racing games. I also enjoy reading and music. I'm a vegan and a member of peta2, as well. I have two companion animals, Christian and Lauren, a dog and cat. And that's pretty much all there is to tell
I sure ain't Nick. No siree!
Earl

Post by Earl »

Welcome to the forum, Turudes. Glad you're here.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Turudes wrote:Hey everybody. I'm new here as you can see, and I'll just share some things about myself.

I'm 16. I hate sports. And I love video games, especially racing games. I also enjoy reading and music. I'm a vegan and a member of peta2, as well. I have two companion animals, Christian and Lauren, a dog and cat. And that's pretty much all there is to tell
Ah, but that's not all there is to tell, is there? But then again, I suppose you won't be back to let us know any more, will you... or maybe I spoke too soon? Sorry, Nick. Epic fail there.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

I smell someone's pants burning.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

There were many ways to find Turudes' real identity, actually. I searched for the term "Turudes" on these forums and that word had actually appeared in one post already, at the start of April. Guess who it was? Hmm... tricky question. I need some time to think about it. :roll:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

TheTacticalTom

Post by TheTacticalTom »

Hi.
I left a comment in the guestbook which I'm sure some of you read, now I ought to introduce myself. Name's Tom, obviously. I call myself the tactical Tom as I'm quite known round my area for my leadership in games of paintball; we go out every Caturday to play. But yeah, aside from paintball which requires strategy and tactics to play at a decent level, I hate them sports pretty bad. Especially football and soccer. Where's the skill in running round holding an eggshaped piece of rubber or kicking round some ball? If you want my opinion, sports get far too much attention and respect in today's society. It's stupid stupid. WRYYYY are they such a big deal? Anyways, I hope that will do. Sports sure do blow and I wish people could just see them for what they really are instead of thinking their some sort of pursuit only for the gods. Sports fans - you are doing it wrong.

Spammer.
-Skul