So, uhhh...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
sparkle

Re: So, uhhh...

Post by sparkle »

Nick wrote:Why are you guys so angry at sports fans? It's a form of entertainment. Do you also hate actors, musicians, writers, etc? What about art collectors, are they not the same as baseball card collectors?

Also, jocks are not nearly what you describe. I'm friends with the quarterback of my highschool's football team and I'm fat and have never played a sport in my life. ('cept tee ball).

Tl;DR - It seems like you guys are over reacting, just a smidge.
It's not so much I hate the fans, but today I am with family and so much is about sports. We were shooting a basketball. I am just no good at it. We are sitting talking about baseball. It's so prominent in our lives that u feel a cultural disconnect if u don't like it.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thank you, sparkle. You sum up the reason why this website was set up (or at least one of the reasons).

Nick, you say that you are not a 4chan troll; but you sure sound like one. You lecture us about "bigotry" against sports. First of all, considering the fact that sports are dominant in our culture and the fact that most high schools in this country are sports-centric, defending sports takes no courage whatsoever. Secondly, somehow I don't think your opposition to bigotry is consistent. I wonder how you would react if you came across a webpage that ridiculed nerds or you came across posts of former high-school football players who admitted that they had bullied other students at their schools. Somehow I don't think you would be offended by that.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Nick wrote:Why are you guys so angry at sports fans? It's a form of entertainment. Do you also hate actors, musicians, writers, etc? What about art collectors, are they not the same as baseball card collectors?
I don't even know where to start. I have something to say about almost all of your posts in this topic. I don't mind people who sit down and watch the game on their TV, but the fanatics who riot on the street are a huge problem. I do not hate actors (at least not the snobby, selfish brats who haven't had to lift a finger in their lives and are somehow some of the richest people on the planet) as people don't riot on the street because of a movie, I do dislike some musicians and their fans, such as Disney kids like Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers who have little preteen girly riots, but good music can have lyrics about social issues and raise awareness, while the most sports have ever done are advertising charities during commercial breaks of games on TV. I don't hate writers because without them, we'd become illiterate (and some jocks would rather throw balls at each other or beat up nerds than ever pick up a book), and you couldn't go to the library to learn about a certain subject that you are interested in. Writers have taught us about culture from previous eras, with masterpieces from long ago, such as Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, or Shakespeare's many literary masterpieces. And baseball cards are nothing similar to art. Art has a wide variety of forms, not just visual art. Art ranges from music to sculptures to dance to architecture to painting, and I suppose that baseball cards could be considered a form of art, but that doesn't make them an important piece of art that requires talent to make. It just has statistics of a player and a picture.

And yes, jocks are often what we describe. Have you ever been beaten up by a jock who couldn't understand a word that is larger than two or three sylables? I'm sure many of the members here, including me, have. We have personal experience to support these claims. Fat Man has a lot of personal experience with sports bringing him down, and he'd probably be an extremely sucessful person had it not been for several people along with sports. I advise you read his topic titled There Are Horse Thieves Among Us, as he mentioned earlier, if you do read it, and you are open minded, you should realize he has every reason to hate sports. And the fact that you said it's his fault for being harassed by trolls and having his information posted publicly is pathetic. That's like saying it's someone's fault for being persecuted by the Nazi regime because they could have chosen not to speak out against them, they could have chosen to not speak about communism, they could have chosen to supress their homosexuality. Same thing with the Crusades, they could have chosen to convert. I could go on and on and give your more examples.

I could continue on as I have so much to say about your posts, but I would rather not.

Edit: And also based on the fact that you called victims of bullying "jerks", I will take you for a troll. And yes, I'm aware of the irony of posting this edit right after the segment where I said I wouldn't say anything else.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

Nick wrote:But it's fun to have a little war on someone you don't like every now and then.
Including someone you've never met in person? Someone you subject to harassing phone calls? What a delightfully fascist attitude. :roll:
Nick wrote:Besides, it's the internet. There are plenty of measures that Fat Man could have taken to avoid his personal info not being put on there. We learn this stuff in Middle School.
Fat Man and I are both middle-aged men. When we were in Middle School, personal computers did not even exist. So, if someone is careless enough to leave his keys in his car, does that give you the right to steal his car?
Nick wrote:I make fun of others on the Internet all the time.
Why am I not surprised? Some people, especially those who are middle-aged, prefer to use the Internet to actually communicate with other persons instead of playing childish games.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Nick wrote:Besides, it's the internet. There are plenty of measures that Fat Man could have taken to avoid his personal info not being put on there. We learn this stuff in Middle School.
The only places on the Internet where I have entered my residential address and my phone number is when I had ordered books, Movie DVDs, music CD, and computer software from supposedly secure web sites such as Amazon or Barns & Nobel.

Somebody must have hacked into my personal accounts and and got my phone number and my residential address, and my debit card number.

Now we know that most sports fans and most jocks are too stupid to figure out how to hack in because most sports fans and most jocks can't even read or write above the third grade level.

But many jocks are rich enough to hire someone to hack into anybody's account.

Well, any techno geek or computer nerd who is willing to hack into somebody's account after some rich jock paid him, he is not a true nerd or geek. He would be a rotten low-life traitor to all true nerds and geeks everywhere!

Another words, a jock collaborator!
Earl wrote:Fat Man and I are both middle-aged men. When we were in Middle School, personal computers did not even exist. So, if someone is careless enough to leave his keys in his car, does that give you the right to steal his car?
Yes, when I was in high school, we didn't even have pocket calculators yet.

The first time I saw a pocket calculator was back in 1972. It could add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and it had little red LED eight digit display and cost $120 dollars. Then a year later I saw a calculator that had a 12 digit red LED display and it had trig functions, logarithms, square root and cube root keys, just about everything, and it cost over $500 dollars. Now you can get one like it for less the $20 dollars.

Then, in the mid 1970s when I was in college, the only computers I saw was in the administrative offices on campus. The were text only with either bright green text on a black screen or black text on an amber colored screen.

Back then, a desk top computer would cost about $15,000 dollars.

Then back in 1983 I got my first computer, the Commodore 64 with 16 colors and 3 stereo quality voice chips. I used it for composing music. I loved my little Commodore 64. It could imitate any musical instrument, a violin, a piano, a huge pipe organ or a calliope, an electric guitar, any kind of instrument. It made really fantastic music. It could even imitate human voices.

I don't have it now, and so, I still miss my little Commodore 64. It was a lot of fun.

Then it was back in 1996 when I went to the public library and accessed the internet for the very first time. But they were only text browsers that really sucked. Then a year later, I went to the library at UTEP here in El Paso and used Netscape.

Eventually I got my own computer back in 1999. I went to Computer Renaissance, but I was unable to get any credit to buy a computer with monthly payments. Well, they told me to call back later and said that they might be able to help me. When I called back, they said that they had a computer that they put together for me out of spare parts that they could let me have, and I only had to buy the monitor for it. It had one hard drive only 400 megabytes, a CD drive and a little floppy drive, only 8 megabytes of RAM, and a 44 megahertz CPU. It ran Windows 3.0 and AOL 3.0 and Juno E-mail. Yes, it was slow, but I was happy to have something to access the internet.

Now, I have a computer with a 1.8 gigahertz CPU, 215 megabytes of RAM and I'm going to upgrade that, and it has two hard drives. My C: Drive is only 37 gigabytes but my D:drive is 400 gigabytes, I have two DVD burners and a floppy drive that I don't use anymore.

I built my own computer because I can't afford to buy one complete, so I buy the parts I need and put it together myself. It's much cheaper that way.

So, I'm a real computer nerd or geek. I like working on my own computer and installing the hardware and the software myself. I enjoy opening up the case and poking around inside to install new hardware.

When I was a kid, my favorite toys was anything I could take apart and put back together again, like a Gilbert Erector set, or a Kenner Building Set where I could construct high-rise buildings with elevators that actually worked, and I collected Lego building sets.

I also had a telescope that I used at night for observing the stars and planets, and a Gilbert Microscope & Lab kit.

Yeah, I remember when I was a kid how some of the bullies in my neighborhood thought that was all "sissy stuff" and I was harassed because I didn't like sports. But I would simply respond back to them by saying that playing with balls is for retards, and that I can teach a dog to chase a ball.

Anyway . . . . .

Getting back on topic again.

I called my bank, and got a new debit card.

And from now on, when I order any books, movie DVDs, music CD, or computer software, I'll call their toll free numbers on their web sites to place my order, and then I will send then a check or money order.

Yes, it will take longer, but it's much safer.
Nick wrote:I make fun of others on the Internet all the time.
You have the morals of an alley cat!

No, wait! I take that back.

That was an insult to alley cats! My apologies to alley cats everywhere!

Let's just say, you're scum! OK?

You got that? Jimbo Bubbah Booey???
Last edited by Fat Man on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, Fat Man. I think Nick's topic should be retitled "So, duuuhhh..." :lol:

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Hey, Fat Man. I think Nick's topic should be retitled "So, duuuhhh..." :lol:
Yeah! That would have been more appropriate.

Well, we also like to make fun of jocks and sports fans.

But then, they ask for it!

For years I have been bullied around by jocks and sports fans, but it was mostly physical violence along with the usual verbal teasing.

Now, thanks to the Internet, we can get back at them.

Of course, when they try to insult us or verbally harass us in anyway, it falls far short of the mark, and we can come up with more witty comebacks in response.

It must be really frustrating for them. They can't beat us physically over the internet, so they can only come up with moronic insults with single syllable words like Kindergartners in a sandbox fight.

I imagine, that now, the jocks and sports fans feel like they're getting bullied around when confronted by better educated people who know how to strike back verbally.

So, my warning to any jocks or sports fans, if they wish to come here to engage in a battle of wits, they should not come to the Cyber Arena unarmed!

It's our turn to be the bullies now!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

So, hello there, Nick, and welcome to the forum.

Tell us, what exactly are you doing here? You don't seem to have established an exact standing in this whole sports/anti-sports debate. But what I have noticed is that you seem to be defending the antics of the 4chan members who have harassed this website and managed to obtain personal information on several members here. I have been one of the people whom they have focussed on, largely because of my tendency to produce exceptionally long responses to "troll" posts. So now, I'm imposing a limit on how much I write on this forum. I don't want to cause the 4channers' heavily-limited brain power to go into overload and cause them to melt down. I care for other human beings' safety, unlike them.

I strongly object to some of the stuff you have written on here. For example:
Nick wrote:4chan is referred to as "The Internet's Asshole". They do this stuff because it's funny to them.
Funny to them it may be. But I definitely do not agree with people gaining their laughs through the torment and suffering of others. If one side is having to go through hell to provide the other side with amusement then it really is not fair and should be stopped. I don't see you condemning this shameful conduct which leads me to believe you are on the side of the 4channers on the /sp/ board. Do you really think we see the funny side of being branded "faggots", "societal leeches" etc.? Do you think we see the funny side in watching our real life and online contact information being circulated amongst people who hate us so that we can be harassed or spammed? This behaviour deserves nothing but contempt. Can I ask you why it is so wrong to express a dislike of such a trivial activity as sports? What's the big fucking deal? There is FAR worse stereotyping and discrimination going on in other places which threatens to cause divide and conflict between races of people. I view this whole hatred of athletes and sports as being trivial. Most certainly not the worst form of hatred around. What we're doing is not racism or bigotry. Some of the members here have damn good reason not to show any respect for jocks and the stupid childish play games they seem to have so much regard for. I don't agree with all the comments on this website but I accept the fact they're being said for a reason. Perhaps if some people out there weren't so stupid and intolerant then none of this would be getting said. I despise bullies and showoffs because they class themselves as superior for doing nothing great, just tossing a ball around or gasbagging on with other morons all day. They need bringing down in my opinion, like they brought me down back in high school. What goes around comes around, I say. An eye for an eye! I'm sick of sports being elevated to such a godlike status and I'm sick of the intolerant assholes who play them using them as a vehicle to humiliate and exact brutal dominion over others. I know not every athlete is like this BUT SOME ARE. Yes, some are. That is true.

So, Nick, stop defending and turning a blind eye to what the 4channers are doing as, you can quite clearly see, some people here have not seen the funny side of it. They'll never stop, I know that, but I don't really see why we should have to play along with this joke of theirs when we are the brunt of it. Showing ignorance towards the antics of the 4channers will get you nowhere on this board.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

What I find to be most ironic is how the jocks and sports fans hate computer nerds and techno-geeks, yet they love using computers to get on the Internet and the pro-sports forums and to use the Internet as a bullying tool.

If it wasn't for the nerds and geeks who studied hard in science and math while in school, we wouldn't have the technology we have today.

So, instead of ridiculing the nerd and geeks, the jocks and sports fans should be thanking the nerds and geeks instead, and then, just enjoy watching sports on their fancy flat screen TVs and going to their favorite sports web sites on the Internet.

The jocks and sports fans should just thank the nerds and geeks who made all this possible, then after that, they should just shut the fuck up!

Yeah! Every sports fan should just sit there in front of his TV and watch sports with a sweat sock crammed in his mouth!

And he can pour his beer up his ass!

Nick

Post by Nick »

Earl wrote:Thank you, sparkle. You sum up the reason why this website was set up (or at least one of the reasons).

Nick, you say that you are not a 4chan troll; but you sure sound like one. You lecture us about "bigotry" against sports. First of all, considering the fact that sports are dominant in our culture and the fact that most high schools in this country are sports-centric, defending sports takes no courage whatsoever. Secondly, somehow I don't think your opposition to bigotry is consistent. I wonder how you would react if you came across a webpage that ridiculed nerds or you came across posts of former high-school football players who admitted that they had bullied other students at their schools. Somehow I don't think you would be offended by that.
Well, you see, it's not that I'm taken aback by prejudice, I understand that you can be. I'm pointing out that you're wrong. I am a nerd, and somehow I'd have trouble believing that a page on the INTERNET ridiculing nerds is serious. 8)
:'( im only 14! thats why im acting this way! )':
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Nick wrote: Well, you see, it's not that I'm taken aback by prejudice, I understand that you can be. I'm pointing out that you're wrong. I am a nerd, and somehow I'd have trouble believing that a page on the INTERNET ridiculing nerds is serious. 8)
Your story is incredibly inconsistent. You're friends with a jock quarterback, your a 4chan troll, you make fun of people on the Internet, you have no problem with bullying, in fact you think victims of bullying are jerks, you're a pot-smoker, and a sympathizer of cyber-harrasment and threats, need I go on? And now you're a nerd? You're not fooling anyone, so stop wasting your time.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Nick

Post by Nick »

i_like_1981 wrote:So, hello there, Nick, and welcome to the forum.

Tell us, what exactly are you doing here? You don't seem to have established an exact standing in this whole sports/anti-sports debate. But what I have noticed is that you seem to be defending the antics of the 4chan members who have harassed this website and managed to obtain personal information on several members here. I have been one of the people whom they have focussed on, largely because of my tendency to produce exceptionally long responses to "troll" posts. So now, I'm imposing a limit on how much I write on this forum. I don't want to cause the 4channers' heavily-limited brain power to go into overload and cause them to melt down. I care for other human beings' safety, unlike them.

...I don't condemn them because most of what they're doing is harmless. And, who do I condemn? I can't really condemn anon, considering 'he' is everyone on the internet. Condemn the whole site, which generates all the memes on the internet? All they're doing is childish. I've been called a faggot before, I don't really care, make fun of 'em right back. The 'personal information' that I've been gathering is from reading your posts. Also, I did read the Encyclopedia Dramatica Article. That's how I found your website. (See second post).
I strongly object to some of the stuff you have written on here. For example:
Nick wrote:4chan is referred to as "The Internet's Asshole". They do this stuff because it's funny to them.
Funny to them it may be. But I definitely do not agree with people gaining their laughs through the torment and suffering of others. If one side is having to go through hell to provide the other side with amusement then it really is not fair and should be stopped. I don't see you condemning this shameful conduct which leads me to believe you are on the side of the 4channers on the /sp/ board. Do you really think we see the funny side of being branded "faggots", "societal leeches" etc.? Do you think we see the funny side in watching our real life and online contact information being circulated amongst people who hate us so that we can be harassed or spammed? This behaviour deserves nothing but contempt. Can I ask you why it is so wrong to express a dislike of such a trivial activity as sports? What's the big fucking deal? There is FAR worse stereotyping and discrimination going on in other places which threatens to cause divide and conflict between races of people.
But, you're forgetting that the people who you are stereotyping are the ones who raid your site, along with the /b/tards who just do it for the 'lulz'. People wouldn't mind if you said 'I hate sports because it's physical activity and I don't want to do it' (Sort of my reason for not wanting to play other than paintball, which is rather win.) You hate the culture of people who follow it. You're saying, "I don't like this so people who do are dumbasses." Kind of like the people who were branded N****lovers back in the 50's and 60's.
I view this whole hatred of athletes and sports as being trivial. Most certainly not the worst form of hatred around. What we're doing is not racism or bigotry. Some of the members here have damn good reason not to show any respect for jocks and the stupid childish play games they seem to have so much regard for. I don't agree with all the comments on this website but I accept the fact they're being said for a reason. Perhaps if some people out there weren't so stupid and intolerant then none of this would be getting said. I despise bullies and showoffs because they class themselves as superior for doing nothing great, just tossing a ball around or gasbagging on with other morons all day. They need bringing down in my opinion, like they brought me down back in high school. What goes around comes around, I say. An eye for an eye! I'm sick of sports being elevated to such a godlike status and I'm sick of the intolerant assholes who play them using them as a vehicle to humiliate and exact brutal dominion over others. I know not every athlete is like this BUT SOME ARE. Yes, some are. That is true.

I know for a fact that the smart kids at my school are dicks for being smart, and the artsy kids are dicks for being good at art, and the musicians are dicks for being musicians. Not all of them are, but SOME ARE. Yes, some are. That is true.

(See, there are assholes in every group, sounds like you're pointing out the ones in sports simply to use as a weak attack.)
So, Nick, stop defending and turning a blind eye to what the 4channers are doing as, you can quite clearly see, some people here have not seen the funny side of it. They'll never stop, I know that, but I don't really see why we should have to play along with this joke of theirs when we are the brunt of it. Showing ignorance towards the antics of the 4channers will get you nowhere on this board.
I never defended, I explained. I may personally think some of the overreactions from board members were funny, but I'm not coming here to troll you. I've been perfectly civil and honest this whole time.
Nick

Post by Nick »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Nick wrote: Well, you see, it's not that I'm taken aback by prejudice, I understand that you can be. I'm pointing out that you're wrong. I am a nerd, and somehow I'd have trouble believing that a page on the INTERNET ridiculing nerds is serious. 8)
Your story is incredibly inconsistent. You're friends with a jock quarterback, your a 4chan troll, you make fun of people on the Internet, you have no problem with bullying, in fact you think victims of bullying are jerks, you're a pot-smoker, and a sympathizer of cyber-harrasment and threats, need I go on? And now you're a nerd? You're not fooling anyone, so stop wasting your time.
...So wait, I can't be friends with a quarterback since 6th grade, but also visit 4chan, smoke marijuana every once in a while, and think kids need to grow up and not cry about the internets? I don't see how this means I don't play videogames or World of Warcraft (My char. is a Death Knight tank named Sedurut, level 80 with a mix of T9 and T7.5, some ICC Heroic gear, full epics, and I have a 68 alt Rogue I don't play anymore named Turudes.) What'sya point?
Fat Man wrote:What I find to be most ironic is how the jocks and sports fans hate computer nerds and techno-geeks, yet they love using computers to get on the Internet and the pro-sports forums and to use the Internet as a bullying tool.
...I think you're relying on the 1960's stereotype jocks and not the real life 2000's jocks... That might be why our experiences are so different.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Hey Nick the prick!

Why don't you just stuff an old sweat sock in your mouth, enjoy your sports on TV, and shut the fuck up!

And you can pour your beer up your ass!

Nick

Post by Nick »

Fat Man wrote:Hey Nick the prick!

Why don't you just stuff an old sweat sock in your mouth, enjoy your sports on TV, and shut the fuck up!

And you can pour your beer up your ass!
Dude, I'm 14 and you're calling me a prick. You're verbally bullying me.

Aaaaanyways, I don't like sports. Why would I watch them?

Also, I don't think it's physically possible to pour beer up one's ass. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by Nick on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.