HAVING PROBLEMS LOADING FORUM PAGES! NOW I'M REALLY PISSED!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

HAVING PROBLEMS LOADING FORUM PAGES! NOW I'M REALLY PISSED!

Post by Fat Man »

OK! I'm now having problems loading the forum pages.

Sometime I keep getting the following . . . . .

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.sportssuck.org.

* Check the address for typing errors such as http://www.example.com instead of http://www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Then I keep pressing the button that says [Try Again] and after pressing it over and over again several time, eventually I get through.

I'm not having any problems like this with other web sites. Just this one.

Is anybody else having problems getting through?

Could there be a problem with the server?

Or perhaps I have picked up some malicious software that will eventually deny me any further access to this web site.

And this is a new problem that cropped up yesterday after Nick signed on as a new member.

I'm thinking he's working for 4chan and he's found some way to attack my computer.

OK all you sports scums!

I have had it!

What we need is a nation wide Columbine to get rid of all the sports scum in the USA so that I can have my freedom and my 1st Amendment rights to access my favorite web site.

Yeah! I'm perfectly willing that all the sports fans and all the jocks get shot, that all sports scum is eliminated and exterminated just so I can access my favorite web site.

My freedom to read whatever I choose and to have access to information is far more important than the lives of all the worthless sports scums in the USA put together.

All sports scums do is just sit around in their single-axle trailer homes, watching football on their fuzzy black & white TVs with rabbit-ear antennas, guzzling cheap Buckhorn Beer, and beat the crap out of their kids, kick the cat, and rape their wives when their favorite team losses the big game of the season.

We really can't allow this kind of scum to go on living. They're the cause of the declining quality of education in our schools, and they disrupt our lives, so they really need to be put down like rabid dogs!

This will also put an end to all the down-breeding and in-breeding among the redneck population and to prevent any further contamination of the human gene pool. It will also put an end to their having sex with barnyard animals and thus, prevent the spread of any new diseases.

Yeah! We need a nation wide Columbine to cleanse our country of this kind of scum!
Last edited by Fat Man on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Re: HAVING PROBLEMS LOADING FORUM PAGES! NOW I'M REALLY PISS

Post by i_like_1981 »

I seemed to be having this problem as well with the site refusing to load up. I wonder what exactly is going on? I don't think it's anything to do with the 4channers or Nick, though. Yes, it's a coincidence this has happened round the time of his posting spree, but I don't think he'd be able to hack into the site and muddle with the server. Plus the site is not getting bogged down with excess number of visitors in a hope of crashing the web server it is on. In my opinion this is not a problem with Nick or anyone, but with the server or the forum itself. Perhaps another board upgrade is in order? We managed to get rid of the spammers (well, the spam bots, not the 4chan trolls) so now what we need is a more reliable server to keep the site online and allow more visitors to be online at the same time without slowing down the site. Not that we ever get that many anyway but in case there is another raid we need to make sure the site is online and stable so that we can react quicker to it. Oh, and Nick has been a member of this site for nearly a week now. He only started doing loads of posts yesterday. I would be very surprised if this is anything to do with him. But I guess you can never be fully sure, can you?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:I seemed to be having this problem as well with the site refusing to load up. I wonder what exactly is going on? I don't think it's anything to do with the 4channers or Nick, though. Yes, it's a coincidence this has happened round the time of his posting spree, but I don't think he'd be able to hack into the site and muddle with the server. Plus the site is not getting bogged down with excess number of visitors in a hope of crashing the web server it is on. In my opinion this is not a problem with Nick or anyone, but with the server or the forum itself. Perhaps another board upgrade is in order? We managed to get rid of the spammers (well, the spam bots, not the 4chan trolls) so now what we need is a more reliable server to keep the site online and allow more visitors to be online at the same time without slowing down the site. Not that we ever get that many anyway but in case there is another raid we need to make sure the site is online and stable so that we can react quicker to it. Oh, and Nick has been a member of this site for nearly a week now. He only started doing loads of posts yesterday. I would be very surprised if this is anything to do with him. But I guess you can never be fully sure, can you?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Well, I'm now suspicious whenever I'm having problems with my computer.

Maybe it's only a fault in the server since you say your having the same problem, but then, it could be another attempt to take this web site down.

Sports fans and jocks don't believe in freedom of speech for the rest of us.

We have to shut up and listen to their DUH! HUH! HUH! I LUV FOOTBALL! DUH! HUH! HUH! HUH!

They're like the Muslim terrorists who would like to ban listening to music.

If these sports scums have their way, they will rape our women and our kids, and force us at gunpoint to have sex with donkeys and goats and make us drink that cheap crappy Buckhorn Beer!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Nick

Post by Nick »

You know 4chan trolls troll you because you overreact, not because of your views... right?
:'( im only 14! thats why im acting this way! )':
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Nick wrote:You know 4chan trolls troll you because you overreact, not because of your views... right?
Oh, I suppose the low-life scums from 4chan weren't over-reacting to my opinions here in this forum?

How about being charged over $30 dollars for a subscription to Sports Illustrated that I did NOT order?

How about getting harassing phones calls late at night?

For the past 2 months, my life has been all fucked up just simply because I say I don't like sports!

What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Go fuck yourself!

Put a sweat-sock in your mouth and pour your cheap Buckhorn Beer up your ass!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Nick wrote:You know 4chan trolls troll you because you overreact, not because of your views... right?
Hmmm... well, let's look over the reasons why they started trolling us in the first place. I wonder why that could be? Could it be something to do with the fact we expressed a dislike for sports? Could it be because there are not many members here with which to make a substantial opposing force against the /sp/ board? Could it be because we are the ONLY forum on the internet purely devoted to discussing the bad aspects of sports? The reason this forum was targeted by /sp/ is because it is low-profile and therefore makes easy prey compared to the vastly popular 4chan network, and the main reason - we chose to speak out against sports which the /sp/ board obviously hold very dear. It's likely they'd have trolled us just as hard even if nobody were to overreact. They dug up personal information on a user whose username I shall not reveal and this user didn't overreact to them. They got this person's contact details. Someone who didn't even react with rage. 4channers troll vulnerable targets with opposing views. It's no wonder people overreact - are they supposed to just stand there, do nothing to defend themselves as people they don't know try and access their personal information to harass them? NO! It would please me greatly to see 4chan get shut down if their only intention is to irritate and harass people they don't know in real life. Is this all they do? I'm not going to get them shut down. But it will happen sometime. One day they'll push their luck too damn far and then the good curtain will be shut on them. It will be great justice for some people.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man, I know you personally. I know that you're just letting off steam and that you would never hurt anyone. But anyone else would think you're crazy. Your rhetoric in this post is bizarrely stereotypical, wildly extremist, and hateful. You do yourself a disservice with this kind of talk. I'm sure the problem lies with the server.

Of course, there are individuals who would like to shut us down; but do you think those of us at this website are the only ones who have ever received any intolerant opposition? Look at all the people in public life who routinely receive death threats. Probably every radio talk show host has received them. Just about anyone who speaks out publicly on just about any issue is going to get a strong negative reaction from someone. This is true not because there is some great conspiracy to silence people, but simply because there are intolerant individuals out there.

I have to agree with Nick on this one. Fat Man, this kind of overheated rhetoric attracks trolls. I wouldn't be the least surprised if some of your comments in this topic are copied and pasted in the 4chan sports board. You're actually entertaining them this way. This is what is meant by "feeding the troll."

To other readers of this topic: Fat Man speaks for himself. The comments he has expressed in this topic do not represent the position of this website, and they certainly don't represent my views. You've got to understand that this forum is just a ranting board. Each of the members expresses his own views, whether they are reasonable or (as in this case) offensive. We have to remember, though, that freedom of speech does protect offensive speech, although such speech must be counterbalanced with refutation.

Having additional thoughts, I must make a postscript to make my own position perfectly clear. i_like_1981's comments about the 4chan trolls are right on the mark. I concur with them completely. I will also declare that Fat Man has not deserved to be harassed. There is absolutely no justification for harassment. But my comments in the above paragraphs stand.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Fat Man, I know you personally. I know that you're just letting off steam and that you would never hurt anyone. But anyone else would think you're crazy. Your rhetoric in this post is bizarrely stereotypical, wildly extremist, and hateful. You do yourself a disservice with this kind of talk. I'm sure the problem lies with the server.

Of course, there are individuals who would like to shut us down; but do you think those of us at this website are the only ones who have ever received any intolerant opposition? Look at all the people in public life who routinely receive death threats. Probably every radio talk show host has received them. Just about anyone who speaks out publicly on just about any issue is going to get a strong negative reaction from someone. This is true not because there is some great conspiracy to silence people, but simply because there are intolerant individuals out there.

I have to agree with Nick on this one. Fat Man, this kind of overheated rhetoric attracks trolls. I wouldn't be the least surprised if some of your comments in this topic are copied and pasted in the 4chan sports board. You're actually entertaining them this way. This is what is meant by "feeding the troll."

To other readers of this topic: Fat Man speaks for himself. The comments he has expressed in this topic do not represent the position of this website, and they certainly don't represent my views. You've got to understand that this forum is just a ranting board. Each of the members expresses his own views, whether they are reasonable or (as in this case) offensive. We have to remember, though, that freedom of speech does protect offensive speech, although such speech must be counterbalanced with refutation.
Good morning Earl.

Actually, you're right, I'm really not going to go out and hurt anybody. I'm just ranting.

But, let's just say, that if somebody else out there gets pissed off enough to want to wipe out all the sports scum, well . . . . . I'm not going to cry boo hoo for them.

I'll probably laugh my big fat ass off!

As for Nick . . . . .

Well, he has no moral qualms about people being harassed and bullied around.

He refers to the victims as jerks who deserve it.

Nobody deserves to get bullied around, and anybody who thinks otherwise should get a taste of his own bad medicine.

As for the zoo-tramps at 4chgan . . .

Well, I want them to know, that I think they're all redneck trailer trash who beat their wives and kids and kick the cat, have sex with barn yard animals and swill down cheap Buckhorn Beer.

It's exactly what I think of them.

And it's probably true of most of them!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Since the time you quoted my post, I added another paragraph to clarify my position. You may want to read it just so you won't misunderstand me.

Of course, I'm opposed to bullying; and I think Nick needs to clarify his own position on this issue. If he condones bullying, he's not going to get very far with any of us.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Since the time you quoted my post, I added another paragraph to clarify my position. You may want to read it just so you won't misunderstand me.

Of course, I'm opposed to bullying; and I think Nick needs to clarify his own position on this issue. If he condones bullying, he's not going to get very far with any of us.
Thank you for the addition on your post.

Well, I have to go out for a few hours.

See you all later.

Nick

Post by Nick »

It's the crappy host. For a self proclaimed nerd you are baaaaaad with computers.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Nick wrote:It's the crappy host. For a self proclaimed nerd you are baaaaaad with computers.

Nick

Post by Nick »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Hmmm... well, let's look over the reasons why they started trolling us in the first place. I wonder why that could be? Could it be something to do with the fact we expressed a dislike for sports? Could it be because there are not many members here with which to make a substantial opposing force against the /sp/ board? Could it be because we are the ONLY forum on the internet purely devoted to discussing the bad aspects of sports? The reason this forum was targeted by /sp/ is because it is low-profile and therefore makes easy prey compared to the vastly popular 4chan network, and the main reason - we chose to speak out against sports which the /sp/ board obviously hold very dear. It's likely they'd have trolled us just as hard even if nobody were to overreact. They dug up personal information on a user whose username I shall not reveal and this user didn't overreact to them. They got this person's contact details. Someone who didn't even react with rage. 4channers troll vulnerable targets with opposing views. It's no wonder people overreact - are they supposed to just stand there, do nothing to defend themselves as people they don't know try and access their personal information to harass them? NO! It would please me greatly to see 4chan get shut down if their only intention is to irritate and harass people they don't know in real life. Is this all they do? I'm not going to get them shut down. But it will happen sometime. One day they'll push their luck too damn far and then the good curtain will be shut on them. It will be great justice for some people.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I don't think the Church of Scientology or the Australian Government are vulnerable...
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Nick wrote:It's the crappy host. For a self proclaimed nerd you are baaaaaad with computers.
Well, I do agree with you that the website host is crap. This site does go down quite easily; it's not used to massive numbers of visitors unlike such forums as the SPORTING NEWS. Why is that? Well, it criticises sports, which millions of people around the world love. It was never bound to be popular. So a powerful server was not really necessary. The 4channers tried to manipulate this fact by getting all of their members to come online at the same time to overload the server and prevent the site from loading up. This is a good example of online bullying, using superior strength and number to restrain the other side from taking any action. Yet the verbal attacks from the 4channers were... weak. Very weak. Mostly just things like "you mad bro"? or huge stupid pictures with phrases superimposed over them, like "HATERS GONNA HATE". Another example of the bully being the idiot and the victim being more intelligent. Why did we respond with huge posts, or mini-essays as they were called? Some people on this forum like to debate. That is the reason we come on here - to debate. And we even like to debate with opponents and believe everyone deserves a chance to speak their mind. Obviously the 4channers were only here to laugh at any attempts to reason with them, which they did. I have no respect for people who just want to attack without trying to understand the others' viewpoints. Even our worst hater, Samdaman, attempted to ask the members their views, but not in a nice way, for example "What do you fuckers do that is so special?" or "What do you do for society?", so his questions were not answered. But it was more than the 4channers did. And I didn't see him laughing at dead people or trying to get personal information of users either.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Nick

Post by Nick »

Well, they were able to get the info - pretty smart.
People allowed their info to be got - Not smart.

Not defending them or anything but that smart-idiot argument kind of fails right there. And the pictures with the captions (Demotivational Posters) are hilarious. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: