Nick the Prick (split from Introductions)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
greencom

Re: Nick the Prick (split from Introductions)

Post by greencom »

Pure democracy is not a good thing, it's a tyranny of the majority where 49% of a group have to do what 51% of a group wants, that's why we have a representative republic where smaller groups can have a voice, like us at this forum. Let's face it 95% or more people in this country like sports so if the internet was a democracy we would not be allowed to exist, although it may come to that.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Someone once defined democracy as "majority rule plus minority rights." Freedom of speech is a right.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I can remember who it was that said this . . . . .

Democracy is the worst form of Government there is, but it's the best we've been able to come up with.

I guess I can see the humor in that. :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Fat Man wrote:I can remember who it was that said this . . . . .

Democracy is the worst form of Government there is, but it's the best we've been able to come up with.

I think Winston Churchill once said something along the lines of "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter".
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Fat Man wrote:I can remember who it was that said this . . . . .

I think Winston Churchill once said something along the lines of "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter".
I have always admired Winston Churchill.

He was quite intelligent and despite being obese he lived a good long life.

He was fat and bald and smoked cigars and he drank Bourbon and still live a long life.

Winston Churchill was cool. He ruled! He really kicked ass!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

blackdog4444 wrote:In my opinion, /b/ is the worst of the threads. Most trolls get their work done there.
Some nasty stuff is posted on there, too. Wouldn't recommend it.
A 4channer was actually on this site well before the major raids this year. He came from the /b/ board. I think that's the "random" one where they post up nothing but pointless, stupid crap. I heard the /sp/ board tried to get them involved in the raid on this site. I'm definitely sure the whole raid was /sp/'s idea and they got /b/ to assist them in their undertakings. Here is the comment the /b/ visitor left on the Guestbook last year (a few months before I visited this site):
4channer wrote:FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FAT BEN MADE POOP SKINNY NEB MADE PISS SKINNY NEB MADE PISS SKINNY NEB MADE PISS GIRUGAMESH!!!!! HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG HUUURRRRRR DUUURRRRRRR HNNNNNGGGGG SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM HNNNNNNNNG FAT BEN MADE POOP ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 1234567891011121314151617181920 PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPYYYY LALALALALA GIRUGAMESH! OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!11 OVER 9000!!!!!!!!1111
Girugamesh
poop, asdf HNNNNGGGG
- Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 22:39:03 (MET)
Dear Lord. Do these people actually have any matter whatsoever in their skulls?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote: A 4channer was actually on this site well before the major raids this year. He came from the /b/ board. I think that's the "random" one where they post up nothing but pointless, stupid crap. I heard the /sp/ board tried to get them involved in the raid on this site. I'm definitely sure the whole raid was /sp/'s idea and they got /b/ to assist them in their undertakings. Here is the comment the /b/ visitor left on the Guestbook last year (a few months before I visited this site):
4channer wrote:FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP FAT BEN MADE POOP GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! GIRUGAMESH! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FAT BEN MADE POOP SKINNY NEB MADE PISS SKINNY NEB MADE PISS SKINNY NEB MADE PISS GIRUGAMESH!!!!! HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG HUUURRRRRR DUUURRRRRRR HNNNNNGGGGG SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM HNNNNNNNNG FAT BEN MADE POOP ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 1234567891011121314151617181920 PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPYYYY LALALALALA GIRUGAMESH! OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!11 OVER 9000!!!!!!!!1111
Girugamesh
poop, asdf HNNNNGGGG
- Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 22:39:03 (MET)
Dear Lord. Do these people actually have any matter whatsoever in their skulls?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
No, what you see is the verbal echos inside an empty skull.

Empty vessels make the loudest noise.

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

No offence to 4channers (those who go on boards aside from /b/ and are not complete retards), but the original, 2channel is better.
a) If you are a total idiot (and insult people for no good reason) people report you, or send directly to your home some not-so nice snail mail.
b) A lot of real information (downside is that you have to sift through a lot of unrelated things)
c) Real conversations can actually occur on some boards/threads.
d) More patriotic than the average sample of the Japanese population. (Never mind the politicians)
e) They don't organise raids just to make everybody angry and miserable.

Downside which I will admit:
a) Too many of them are NEETs- therefore, do not really contribute to the economy (maybe except for buying anime DVDs, game, manga from amazon) and generally unproductive.
b) There are a lot of rubbish, but one do get used to it.
c) A bit too much inflammatory remarks about the Koreans and the Chinese. (Increases whenever the DPRK launches their blasted T'aepodong or make any other stupid comments)
d) Many, let us say, 'interesting' comment on politics and economics, but being a), probably do not have a deeper understanding of either of them.