And now for an uplifting video ...

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Earl

And now for an uplifting video ...

Post by Earl »

This video was posted in an e-mail that my older daughter sent to me earlier today. This news item about a five-year-old girl who saved her father's life is truly inspiring. I wanted to share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDARfDJw80s

And she's not even 14 years old ...
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: And now for an uplifting video ...

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:This video was posted in an e-mail that my older daughter sent to me earlier today. This news item about a five-year-old girl who saved her father's life is truly inspiring. I wanted to share it with you.

Good evening Earl, and thanks for posting the link to that video.

Yes, she is one very intelligent little girl, and far more mature than Nick and all of his butt-buddies over at 4chan. Nick and all of those moronic 4chan zoo-tramps should be in diapers.

I wish more adults were at least half as mature as that little girl.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Earl wrote:This video was posted in an e-mail that my older daughter sent to me earlier today. This news item about a five-year-old girl who saved her father's life is truly inspiring. I wanted to share it with you.

That's a great video. Some of the things she says are funny, but in general it's awesome that she could stay that calm in such a situation.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

People like this just have to be respected. There is no denying that she handled that better than many adults could have. Some adults would just break down. I too found this inspiring; it is good that kids are still prepared to stay loyal to their parents in any situation. Some kids out there would not bother. Believe me, lack of respect for their elders is one of the reasons why the youth of today are becoming so rebellious. They forget about moral values; it all just becomes about cliques and popularity. In my opinion, family bonds should be allowed to remain stronger than friendship bonds. Don't forget who brought you into existence...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

You can't forget some parents are complete garbage, and hardly roll-models themselves. Some children end up being so miserably that they'd rather be dead than living. What kind of existence is that? Respect their parents they don't even have respect for their own lives. And then there are the countless number of kids abused by their parents where physically, sexually, verbally or any combination of the three or all of them. Which can lead to low self-esteem, psychological disorders, poor social skills etc. And the worst, you guessed it..repeating the cycle with their own kids. There's that story about this mom that wouldn't let his son get a bath, he was ridiculed so much at school that eventually hanged himself. And then there's was that man who raped his daughter repeatedly and kept her in a custom-built prison for more than twenty years! Oh, they had 7 kids born from the rapes(who were kept in the prison too!) also and his wife(the girl's mother) didn't do shit and even assisted the psychopath.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D