MY SUGGESTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL TOPICS ON THE BOARD INDEX

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

MY SUGGESTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL TOPICS ON THE BOARD INDEX

Post by Fat Man »

I have a suggestion for some more new topics for the Board Index.

OK, here is what we have so far.
Sports Suck!
Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.

Football/Soccer Sucks!
This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!

I hate the Basketball!
Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!

Baseball. What is it Good for?!
Can't stand people who are willing to pay for the chance to applaud other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!

NASCAR! Is this really a sport?
Well, it attracts the same sort of I-live-through-the-accomplishments-of-others crowd so I guess it qualifies.

We Hate Hockey, eh?
Ice skates, maple syrup, and a dozen or so toothless morons.
I think we should add one about boxing and wrestling.

Boxing/Wrestling Sucks
Punch-drunk pug-uglies and bragging loud mouth morons.

And one about golf.

Golf
As boring as watching paint drying. Ho hum!

Dose anybody here have any more suggestions?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Ray
Site Admin

Re: MY SUGGESTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL TOPICS ON THE BOARD INDEX

Post by Ray »

Makes sense to me! :)

Golf is about THE MOST boring thing ever televised. It just never occured to me before. You never get confronted or cornered by strangers and quizzed about your knowledge of golf. Somehow that has escaped the clutches of the chronically obnoxious. It is on TV a lot though and gets a hugely disproportionate amount of air time.

Plus we'll have a place to put our Tiger Woods jokes.

I Hope We Lose!
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Here's a "sport" that's always shit me -

Sports Fishing
Give the fish weapons too, and let's see a real contest!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

One I hate...
Sport Hunting
Because killing one deer isn't enough... Might as well wipe out the forest.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey Dickfilthy and Blackdog4444!

Those are excellent suggestions.

Now, there are a couple of sports that I do like and have some respect for.

Hang Gliding and Sky Diving.

What really gets me about football and football fans is that the jocks and the fans are all super Macho thugs who call anyone who doesn't like sports a sissy, a queer, a wimp, or a fag.

But the most Macho sports of all times is either Sky Diving or Hang Gliding.

I think it takes a lot more guts to stand on the edge of a high cliff to leap off in a hang glider, or to jump out of a plane in a parachute. That takes more guts than chasing a ball.

So Hang Gliding and Sky Diving are both a Hell of a lot more Macho than football.

And yet . . . . .

Sportsmen (and sportswomen) who engage in either of those two sports, they don't go around calling anybody who doesn't do their sport, sissys, queers, wimps, or fags.

Now, why is that?

A typical football player would probably piss in his pants at the mere thought of leaping off a cliff in a hang glider of jumping from a plane in a parachute.
Last edited by Fat Man on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

interesting thought 8)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:interesting thought 8)
Yes, we could do with some extra boards on here. How could we not have one for boxing? That's the sport that requires the least intelligence of all. Who the hell would want to spend their whole life having punches thrown at their head? And let's not forget how thuggish some of its players have known to be - Mike Tyson, for example. His name was mentioned on another anti-sports page as being a stereotypical jock and it's easy to see why. He's not the sort of man you'd want to insult straight to his face unless you fancied the prospect of resting under a large heap of earth in a wooden box. So we'll keep our little tirades on boxing to behind the computer screen, shall we?

But as a matter of fact, there was another board on here once, several years back. It was something like "Sports Are Gay - EXPOSED! Sports fans come out of the closet!" SpeedofLeicht referenced this in one of his posts done about three years ago. I wonder where it went? Well, I suppose we don't want our more intelligent opponents having more material to come at us with. We don't want to make them think we do exactly what jocks do, but in an anti-sports context instead of a pro-sports context. That makes us no better than those thugs. And on this board we like to be the moral compass in a dodgy, greedy and shallow world that shows more admiration to ball games than academic and artistic achievement! Well, that's what I think. (But I'm sure someone on here has something to do with the disappearance of that "Sports are Gay" board.)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Hey Ray! Where have you been hiding all this time, or have I just been not seeing you? :P

I suppose we could add golf, although in some ways it's not as big a problem as other sports that are already featured on here. I don't think anybody gets bullied and called names for not liking golf, and aside from professional golf, it seems to be mainly played by old men looking for something to do, I think. On the other hand, the game could cure a chronic insomniac, and why the hell is it on TV all the time? Who even watches it anyway?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Anyone for tennis? :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Anyone for tennis? :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:

Nah! Tennis is a racket!!! :) :)

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Fat Man wrote:Hang Gliding and Sky Diving.
That is a sport I don't have a problem with. In fact, when I turned 14, I wanted to go skydiving as a birthday present, however I soon realized there was an age requirement. So once I turn 18, I'm going to try skydiving once, just to know what it's like to jump out of a plane without a negative consequence (assuming all goes well :shock: ).

But I agree, it would be pretty cool to have more sections on the forum.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Hang Gliding and Sky Diving.
That is a sport I don't have a problem with. In fact, when I turned 14, I wanted to go skydiving as a birthday present, however I soon realized there was an age requirement. So once I turn 18, I'm going to try skydiving once, just to know what it's like to jump out of a plane without a negative consequence (assuming all goes well :shock: ).

But I agree, it would be pretty cool to have more sections on the forum.
Actually, skydiving is much safer than football. It's just more scary, that's all.

It's even safer that riding a motor cycle.

Parachutes very seldom fail to open. Skydiving is a very reliable sport.

I would trust my life to a parachute far more than I would trust my life to a football helmet!

You're actually much safer flying across country in a plane than you would be driving a car.

greencom

Post by greencom »

I look at sky diving as an activity more than a sport, I too almost did it in my younger days but I had developed a back problem by then so I backed out of class, it must be a blast to do.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:I look at sky diving as an activity more than a sport, I too almost did it in my younger days but I had developed a back problem by then so I backed out of class, it must be a blast to do.
Well, at almost 400 pounds myself I doubt if I could ever take any classes in skydiving.

I have heard however, that during some war, I don't remember if it was the Korean war back in the 1950s or the Viet Nam war back in the 1960s, but I heard a story of an emergency situation of how they needed a doctor in the front lines and the only physician they could find at the moment was some guy who was 6 and a half feet tall weighed 400 pounds and they send him down in a parachute.

I don't know how true this is. Probably just another urban legend.

Then I have read that the heaviest hang glider pilot was some guy who weighed over 350 pounds. Now that's possible because there are two-man hang gliders.

I think I would enjoy hang gliding.

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

I think sky-diving and hang-gliding would be activities too. There's also those gliders(sailplanes) which look amazing to fly or glide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:K21_glider.jpg
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D