Hockey Night In Canada

Ice skates, maple syrup, and a dozen or so toothless morons.
i_like_1981

Re: Hockey Night In Canada

Post by i_like_1981 »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote: I do like posting on this board, you know. I guess I'm addicted. Well, I suppose there are far worse things one can be addicted to.
It's definitely better to be addicted to talking and debating about something you like/don't like than to be addicted to a sport or chaotically cheering for someone who you don't even know personally. It's also definitely better than being addicted to trolling and hacking like those assholes on 4chan.
Oh yes, I would definitely say that the 4channers need to look at themselves in the mirror if they want to call the members here fat, unsociable slobs who contribute nothing to society and just choose to whine. I mean, a lot of people whine, but we're not the ones who are going round looking for sites to attack and people to dig up information on so they can be harassed. The 4channers aren't just leeches on society but they leech off people's anger and hurt. They are the true assholes of society, not us. But of course, they'll never admit any of this stuff. They'll never want to understand people. All they want to do is piss people off. Well, I'm willing to bet that very few of the members there are in much of a better life situation than our members here. I doubt anyone on the 4chan board has wives or families; some of our members here do. They're hypocrites and they really wouldn't have a clue how to debate properly. That's why all they do is attack; they can't hold a discussion. Their brain cells must be very lonely floating round their empty vessels...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
SmartSportsPerson
Sportsman

Post by SmartSportsPerson »

Don Cherry's sure a character, is he? I wouldn't describe him as being admirable but he's sure not the sort of bloke you'd want to mess with in real life. I'd be willing to bet that even if you were paid $1 million dollars to do so you wouldn't say any of this to his face.
Earl

Post by Earl »

The same applies to you, buddy. You might not be such a smart aleck if you saw me in real life.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Well, today I told my gym teacher that baseball sucks because he made me run about 6-8 km (not exaggerating) because I was unable to catch a ball that was being whipped to me while wearing a glove that didn't even fit me. But why the need to say that I'm not willing to say bad things about him to his face? I'm sure the same thing applies to you with many people who you don't know. You act as though that is a serious argument against my logic.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

When are people going to come to their senses and realize that sport-centered P.E. does NOT promote physical fitness for nonathletic students such as HugeFan? Does his school district offer physical fitness classes (including bodybuilding) for nonathletic students as an alternative to the same old sports-centered approach, which has done more to cause bullying in the schools than all of the academic classes combined? If academic classes were conducted the way mandatory P.E. has been historically, there would have been a national outrage.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Well, our school does have a weightlifting class for seniors, but I won't be taking any phys-ed classes after this year because I'd prefer to take more academically focused electives. I hate baseball so much especially because when you are up to bat, everyone is watching you and if you aren't good at, you get laughed at and taunted, and sometimes even physically assaulted, just because you aren't as good as others at hitting a ball, which seems to be a useless skill in life.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

The weightlifting class should have been available to you as a freshman. I hear you, HugeFan, about the baseball nonsense in your P.E. class. The same thing happened to me when I was a kid in mandatory P.E. Not only is baseball useless to you as a skill, but you're actually getting very little exercise. I continue to be amazed by the great difference between the useless (to nonathletes, that is) sports-centered P.E. I was forced to take as a nonathletic kid, and the workout routine that I enjoy at my health club, where I've been working on a bodybuilding program. I guess the ridicule you've been subjected to is a good example of "sportsmanship." (Incidentally, how many sports columnists write about the bullying of nonathletic boys in mandatory sports-centered P.E., as opposed to genuine physical education classes that offer exercise programs for those who are in the greatest need for them?) But don't expect any sympathy from SmartSportsPerson. If he were present on one of those occasions in your P.E. class, I'm sure he'd laugh at you, too. Or maybe worse.

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Yes, I'm sure this so called SmartsSportsPerson would be one of them. When I first read one of his posts, I assumed that he was a decent person just stating their opinion, but now I realize that he is not a "smart" sports person, but was just using that name to gain acceptance from us while making outrageous statements and claims.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:The same applies to you, buddy. You might not be such a smart aleck if you saw me in real life.
Hmmm... I can't say the same applies for me there. Thank God I'm behind this computer screen, eh? :lol:
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Yes, I'm sure this so called SmartsSportsPerson would be one of them. When I first read one of his posts, I assumed that he was a decent person just stating their opinion, but now I realize that he is not a "smart" sports person, but was just using that name to gain acceptance from us while making outrageous statements and claims.
I think "outrageous" may be a bit excessive in terms of the content of his posts, but I agree with the rest of your reasoning. That's exactly what his game was. It was also the same with his Guestbook comment... try and gain their trust, get let into their realm and then stir up some trouble. What happened to all the decent pro-sports characters of our site, including the more recent ones like "IntelligentSportsFan" and "The Quiet One"? They were alright.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
irishhighlander

Post by irishhighlander »

Ah yes, my favorite memory of Don Cherry was when the gay actor from Kids in the Hall, sat on his lap and cuddled him on the Ralph Benmergi(sp) show back in the 1990's. It really put him in his place.
And while I'm ranting on this, it used to severely piss me off when I was a kid growing up in rural Nova Scotia when there were only 2 tv channels and both had a sports game on Sunday afternoons. It would be bucketing down rain outside, and in the days before VCR's the only alternative for a kid was to try and watch TV.
I guess that's why I got into wargamming. And also reading history. I could go someplace else on those boring sundays.
Hockey Night in Canada usually resulted in regular programs like a good movie getting cancelled due to the game going into overtime.
StivenT1986

Hockey Night In Canada

Post by StivenT1986 »

Looking forward to the season starting My Lightning have started the preseason on a good note with a 4-3 OT win vs the Stars last night. The new owners were in attendance, including Doug MacLean.

Any other hockey fans out there?
StivenT1986

Hockey Night In Canada

Post by StivenT1986 »

Looking forward to the season starting My Lightning have started the preseason on a good note with a 4-3 OT win vs the Stars last night. The new owners were in attendance, including Doug MacLean.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

StivenT1986 wrote:Looking forward to the season starting My Lightning have started the preseason on a good note with a 4-3 OT win vs the Stars last night. The new owners were in attendance, including Doug MacLean.

If you're looking for hockey fans, or any kind of sports fans in these forums, then buddy, you've come to the wrong place!

In case you hadn't noticed . . . this is THE INTERNATIONAL I HATE SPORTS CLUB!

Now, go play in the sand box with the rest of the retards!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

StivenT1986 wrote:Looking forward to the season starting My Lightning have started the preseason on a good note with a 4-3 OT win vs the Stars last night. The new owners were in attendance, including Doug MacLean.

Um. I think you're a little late to the party, dude...hockey season's over! :roll:

Spamming, it seems, never takes an offseason, though...