Happy Birthday Earl!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
i_like_1981

Happy Birthday Earl!

Post by i_like_1981 »

So, a very happy birthday to you, Earl!

I hope you have a great day. All the best!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Happy Birthday Earl!

Post by Fat Man »

Happy Birthday Earl!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Happy Birthday, Earl! :mrgreen:

As a birthday present, I'm making you a moderator... oh, wait. :P
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Happy birthday Earl! :P
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
SPORTS ROCK.
Sports Bore

Post by SPORTS ROCK. »

Happy birthday to the only sane person on here who doesnt rant about killing people, livin in the past or videogames all the time.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

SPORTS ROCK. wrote:Happy birthday to the only sane person on here who doesnt rant about killing people, livin in the past or videogames all the time.
Hahahaha. Well, not all of us do that. :roll: Happy birthday, Earl, Mr. Popular. :p
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

SPORTS ROCK. wrote:Happy birthday to the only sane person on here who doesnt rant about killing people, livin in the past or videogames all the time.

What Sparkle said. :roll: Happy Birthday Earl!
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Happy Birthday Earl!
SPORTS ROCK. wrote:Happy birthday to the only sane person on here who doesnt rant about killing people
I don't believe I've ever ranted about killing people. If I ever have, then please quote me, and I'll explain why I said that, because if I have ever talked about harming another here, it was likely a hyperbole.
livin in the past
I assume you are talking about i_like_1981. I can't blame anyone for living in the past. Other than scientific advances and advances in knowledge in general (anyone hear about the Boltzmann equation being finally solved after more than a century of trying to figure it out? Hooray!), society, the economy, and the environment have all gone in a steady decline recently. The music scene is complete shit, kids only care about their technology and have shorter attention spans, oil production is just about peaking right now and will soon decline rapidly, making oil production extremely costly, which means few people will use oil, and we aren't prepared for that because we are all spoiled by the technology we take for granted.
or videogames all the time.
I play video games, but just like any other person. I don't let it take over my life, and academia has a higher importance to me than video games. While I am a bit of a video game geek (in fact, I recently scored 760th on a leaderboard on Xbox Live on a challenge in one of my favourite games), I know when to draw the line, and just try to point out a significant problem caused by my gaming. I will likely give up video games when I graduate high school because I can likely save more money in university if I don't spend my money on games. In fact, I plan on not owning a TV. But seriously, your comment makes it seem as though liking a period of time in the past or video games is a bad thing. You made your point, but lack the proof and comment. I could just as well go to a sports forum and complain that the vast majority of people cheer for a certain team without saying why I think it is bad.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hey SPORTS ROCK,

I'll live my life in the past if I want to. Perhaps if the so-called "cool, trendy" people like you weren't such assholes then I may have felt more inspired to go along with what you do and act more "normal". But the more I get insulted, the more I want to live in the past. There's nothing wrong with being an individual who has his own interests instead of just following what everyone else does but I suppose you wouldn't understand this concept, being a sports fan sheep like yourself. Go and rejoin the flock and get off this website. If you like sports so much, why the hell are you wasting time on here, and HOW DID YOU GET HERE? For a sports fan you are quite attached to this forums based on the way you always keep coming back and back! I don't understand the sports fan's mind, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't go far beyond bullying and conformity.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

My apologies for not having responded sooner. I was in a bit of a funk, but Iâ??ve pulled out of it.

i_like_1981, thanks for starting the birthday thread. As always, youâ??re a real gentleman. Iâ??m sorry I havenâ??t had much to say these days. As Iâ??ve said before, my legally blind wife enjoys hearing your posts read to her.

Thanks, Fat Man, for remembering my birthday. And thanks for not taking any of my objections as a moderator personally. Weâ??re friends, after all.

Thank you, Skul. Being a forum moderator has been an on-the-job learning experience. Itâ??s taken me months to â??find my voice,â? which I didnâ??t actually do until very recently. Some of my earlier posts make me groan. There have been times when I didnâ??t feel free to speak my mind, but now wish that I had. I regret that I didnâ??t defend Polite24 and SportsGuy92 when I should have. I'm not referring to all of their opinions, but to the way they were treated by some of the other members.

Thanks for remembering my birthday, Katrin. I hope this wonâ??t sound hokey or dumb, as I intend to be respectful; but you have grown since you started posting at this forum. I hope your business is doing well. Again, thanks.

Thanks for saying happy birthday, SPORTS ROCK. At the risk of possibly offending other members, Iâ??m actually honored by your post. I appreciate your willingness to recognize that I think for myself and that I try to be fair-minded. Iâ??ve gotten to know most of the currently active members of this forum personally by means of e-mail, PMs, and (in some cases) phone calls. Online personas donâ??t always reflect the real person. Most, if not all, of us are more reasonable in real life. Board messaging is not the best way to get to know someone. Differences are magnified, and the potential always exists for misunderstanding. For example, Katrinâ??s signature is sarcastic at the expense of the guy whose comment she quotes. She obviously disagrees with what he says.

Thank you, sparkle. Iâ??m truly sorry that I suspected you might be a 4chan plant when you first started posting here. Youâ??ve shown yourself to be a reasonable, kind-hearted person. May you be successful in your endeavors. Again, thanks.

Thanks for remembering my birthday, abitagirl. I always look forward to reading your posts. I appreciate your sense of humor (and so does my wife :lol: ). Sorry I haven't given you anything to laugh about lately.

And thank you, HugeFanOfBadReligion. You certainly are more self-aware and mature than I was at your age. You plug away at the books more than I did (and should have done). As the son of an architect, I hope you go far in that field (unless, of course, you find another vocation more to your liking).
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

No problem Earl. You are most likely the most reasonable person on this site, which is definitely a good quality, as while some of us can say a bit extreme statements, you tend to make more valid, unbiased statements, which definitely brings order to this site. And thanks for the wish of good luck of the career I am hoping to pursue.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama