a Samdaman classic!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

a Samdaman classic!

Post by Earl »

I just did a Google search on "sportingnews samdaman" to see what I would come up with. Among the webpages I found is a page from one of the sportingnews.com forums that includes posts that our favorite antagonist Samdaman :x submitted in 2007, the year he was banned from our website. His first post on this webpage is the seventh one down. But what I really want to call your attention to is an exchange (beginning with the tenth post down) that took place between our hero and another Sporting News member, who was a NASCAR fan. Not only is Samdaman intolerant of people who have no interest in sports, but also he doesn't even respect fans of particular sports of which he does not approve as being "real" sports. Sheesh! What a belligerent kid! :roll: But it's hilarious! :lol:

I've provided the following link below:

http://forums-beta.sportingnews.com/vie ... 4&start=26
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Re: a Samdaman classic!

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Haha. That was quite amusing. His arguments reminded me of Nick's "But I'm only 14 years old", when he was saying that the other person shouldn't get mad at him because he's younger.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hmmm... strange. Samdaman actually seemed to grasp the usage of the word "you're". All he ever used on here was "ur" which sounded more than a bit dopey. Nonetheless, life is full of surprises.

Funny how he attacks not only people that don't like sports but also people that like sports he doesn't. Yeah, because chasing after an inflated pig skin while wearing tights is far more constructive and beneficial to society than watching cars race each other, isn't it? Dear Lord.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

I seriously considered a new topic that I would have entitled "Samdaman's :x Greatest Hits." (Get it? :lol: ) But I decided against it when I realized that just about every single post of his was way too toxic to bear. (Of course, I could change my mind. :twisted: )

In one of his Guestbook messages, he claimed to bully other kids at his school. Whether he was actually telling the truth or was simply trying to cause the supporters of this website distress, I, of course, have no way of knowing for sure. He sure sounds like the classic bully, though.

For those of you who thought that I had posted another delicious Samdaman :x comment, sorry I disappointed you. It sure is fun talking about Samdaman, though. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:I seriously considered a new topic that I would have entitled "Samdaman's :x Greatest Hits." (Get it? :lol: ) But I decided against it when I realized that just about every single post of his was way too toxic to bear. (Of course, I could change my mind. :twisted: )

In one of his Guestbook messages, he claimed to bully other kids at his school. Whether he was actually telling the truth or was simply trying to cause the supporters of this website distress, I, of course, have no way of knowing for sure. He sure sounds like the classic bully, though.

For those of you who thought that I had posted another delicious Samdaman :x comment, sorry I disappointed you. It sure is fun talking about Samdaman, though. :mrgreen:
I have to admit, I really RAGED hard reading those comments. He obviously considered it to be just one big joke, humiliating and tormenting other students, probably even physically assaulting them. He had no idea of the concept of psychological and emotional consequences. I know for a fact that prolonged bullying from goons like him scars for ages. The odd insult can be expected but when it's occurring frequently over a long period of time and accompanied with assaults, alienation and unequal treatment then it becomes incredibly damaging to the victim. Every bullying idiot like him has no idea of understanding the damage they really cause. I earnestly hope they receive payback sometime for all the harm they do. Even if Samdaman returned here and acted more reasonable towards the members, even offering a debate (like it'll ever happen, though), I still wouldn't fully overlook some of the things he's said on here. I can't help but worry for the less popular students who had to endure him at his high school. I can't help but feel glad I didn't have to put up with that guy, although I had several equivalents. I can't help but hope that he has actually changed his ways in the three years since he last posted on here. A most worrying character, was Samdaman.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:I have to admit, I really RAGED hard reading those comments. He obviously considered it to be just one big joke, humiliating and tormenting other students, probably even physically assaulting them. He had no idea of the concept of psychological and emotional consequences. I know for a fact that prolonged bullying from goons like him scars for ages. The odd insult can be expected but when it's occurring frequently over a long period of time and accompanied with assaults, alienation and unequal treatment then it becomes incredibly damaging to the victim. Every bullying idiot like him has no idea of understanding the damage they really cause. I earnestly hope they receive payback sometime for all the harm they do. Even if Samdaman returned here and acted more reasonable towards the members, even offering a debate (like it'll ever happen, though), I still wouldn't fully overlook some of the things he's said on here. I can't help but worry for the less popular students who had to endure him at his high school. I can't help but feel glad I didn't have to put up with that guy, although I had several equivalents. I can't help but hope that he has actually changed his ways in the three years since he last posted on here. A most worrying character, was Samdaman.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Nah! People like SamdaSPAM will never change!

One of these days, somebody is going to get really pissed off with him and rip his head off, and shove it up his ass face first, and then, piss down his neck!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Out of consideration to those who were physically bullied by "jocks" in school, I am definitely not going to start such a topic. I did not mean to appear insensitive. I was laughing at only the absurdity of his comments. But, then again, one could laugh at the absurdity of comments by, say, anti-Semites; but the fact remains that such people are a potential threat to Jews and should be an affront to decent people. What has disturbed me for years is the impression that most school authorities condone this sort of bullying. Joe Ehrmann seems to be more of a pioneer, certainly not the norm.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

One of his comments that really got me was how he started ranting about how he had more than one girlfriend (a fact which none of us could fathom apparently, what a load of fucking nonsense, we have got married forum members here) and that they wouldn't mind if he cheated on them - apparently "you get that as a jock". Dear Lord. There really are some girls out there who are as bad as I think. If not worse - any girl who will let their boyfriend cheat on them - gladly - really is going to be walked all over! The fact they're actually attracted to morons like that is besides the point. Anyways, I think I can express how glad I am that I didn't have to go to school with that guy. It seems to me that over in America, the bullies are even more brutal and violent and the girls are even more attracted to the thuggish, braindead yet athletic types than over here in Britannia. Why? American football, of course! The reason why girls are so attracted to players of that sport is because they know that boyfriends like that will make good protectors, have a lot of social status and make exceptionally good "trophies" to show off to their friends. Am I right?

We need to dig up some more quotes from this guy. Some of the stuff he's written is so downright extreme and stereotypical I'm having trouble believing he's not a troll.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

I hate to say this, i_like_1981; but Samdaman :x is definitely not a troll. He's very real, just as irritating politicians and actors who are impressed with their own self-importance are all too real. In fact, as I've said several times before, I've just about established his identity with absolute certainty; but I'm not willing to pay the small fee to match his e-mail address to the mailing address of his parents' home -- where he undoubtedly lived while he was posting at our website, up to no good.

Now, as far as his claim that he had more than one girlfriend and that none of them minded if he cheated on them, I would need verification for this outrageous claim -- since Samdaman :x , being the sort of human being that he is, is not above, shall we say, embellishing the truth. I must say that if I ever cheated on my wife, she would not take very kindly to my little indiscretion, but would be likely to lay a heavy object with considerable force on top of my cranium.

i_like_1981, you apparently have more stomach for reading Quotations from Chairman Samdaman :x than I do. You should be careful, my friend. You might give yourself a case of indigestion, or worse. I gotta take my hat off to you, though. You have more tolerance than I do. (And I mean tolerance for reading outrageously offensive comments.)

P.S. You know, it sure is fun talking about this kid. :lol: :mrgreen:

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, as much as I hate bigheaded bullying goons like him, it is interesting to see how their reactions are to a website like this one that dares to speak out against the institutions they hold so dear. Their responses do seem somewhat predictable. Samdaman's responses seemed to fulfil all the stereotypical expectations I'd have of a person coming on here with an abusive, authoritarian attitude. Needless, unjustified and unsupported insults? Most certainly. Persistance? Most definitely. Intention to bring down the system by disguising themselves as somebody else? Check. Inability to respond intelligently and just throwing out abuse whenever they feel challenged? Yep. I personally wouldn't expect anything more from a mindless bully. I know you are keen on debating and discussing, Earl, and have no interest in using the internet to argue or quarrel with vicious opponents but for me, that's part of the fun. I figure that if people come on here and start giving abuse at an extreme level without any prior provocation or any real-life connection to us personally then there nothing wrong with fighting fire with fire. Some people just won't be gotten through to. I do think you could have gotten through to this guy if you'd been on this forum back then and hopefully even started a reasonable discussion but it just can't be known for sure seeing as how you weren't and all he wanted to do was cause fights. We can only judge this guy based on what he posted on here back then and I certainly wouldn't say he sounded like someone willing to have a proper discussion!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Well, as much as I hate bigheaded bullying goons like him, it is interesting to see how their reactions are to a website like this one that dares to speak out against the institutions they hold so dear. Their responses do seem somewhat predictable. Samdaman's responses seemed to fulfil all the stereotypical expectations I'd have of a person coming on here with an abusive, authoritarian attitude. Needless, unjustified and unsupported insults? Most certainly. Persistance? Most definitely. Intention to bring down the system by disguising themselves as somebody else? Check. Inability to respond intelligently and just throwing out abuse whenever they feel challenged? Yep. I personally wouldn't expect anything more from a mindless bully. I know you are keen on debating and discussing, Earl, and have no interest in using the internet to argue or quarrel with vicious opponents but for me, that's part of the fun. I figure that if people come on here and start giving abuse at an extreme level without any prior provocation or any real-life connection to us personally then there nothing wrong with fighting fire with fire. Some people just won't be gotten through to. I do think you could have gotten through to this guy if you'd been on this forum back then and hopefully even started a reasonable discussion but it just can't be known for sure seeing as how you weren't and all he wanted to do was cause fights. We can only judge this guy based on what he posted on here back then and I certainly wouldn't say he sounded like someone willing to have a proper discussion!

Best regards,
i_like_1981
i_like_1981, I must admit that I, too, find Samdaman's :x reactions to a website like this one to be interesting. I don't understand the psychology behind them. If any psychological studies have been done examining this phenomenon, I'd sure like to be informed of their existence so I could read them. I'm really not kidding when I say this. One webpage I recently discovered, though, said that bullying in sports is a sensitive subject that has not been discussed in any detail.

I like your checklist of predictability. I wonder if Samdaman :x realizes that he gives other football players, including the decent ones, a bad name or if he believes that he speaks for most of them.

Thanks for the compliment, i_like_1981; but there is a side to my online personality that you may not be aware of. You should check out some (actually, I should say "many") of the posts I've submitted at the able2know.org website, where my username is "wmwcjr." In the topic entitled "Welcome Sports Haters!" I lost my temper twice, first to kuvasz (to whom I later apologized publicly in a post) and later to cycloptichorn (to whom I later apologized in a PM). I know that topic has many pages; but if you check out all of my posts in that topic, you will see that I started off rather angrily. At another topic entitled "Do you know how to handle bullying?" I lost my temper with two other members (who truly were offensive) whose usernames are hawkeye10 and pangloss, I called them names and put them on "Ignore" permanently. You might be surprised at my online personality in that thread as well. Apparently, I am willing to have a discussion with someone who has a different point of view; but I have my limits. If someone expresses a particularly repellent point of view (such as hawkeye10 and pangloss' view that bullying is a social good), I may lose my temper. I have no patience with the view they hold about bullying, any more than I would with someone who was a Holocaust denier or someone who defended Joseph Stalin. Later I regret losing my temper; but I still have no patience with evil views, as opposed to simply being wrongheaded.

If Samdaman :x were posting here, I would try to reason with him by asking him some questions in all sincerity; but there still would be the possibility of losing my temper with him, too. But as you might say, it would be fun! :lol: :mrgreen:

Joe

Post by Joe »

wow, this guy troll'd your forum over three years ago now and you're still talking about him. and it seems to me none of you on this thread were actually around on this site when he was doing his trolling. maybe you should try letting it go and moving on instead of starting new topics about one guy who didn't like your website. he'd probably piss his pants in laughter if he saw all these discussions happening about him. what is it with you lot and dwelling on things you hate?
Earl

Post by Earl »

Joe wrote:wow, this guy troll'd your forum over three years ago now and you're still talking about him. and it seems to me none of you on this thread were actually around on this site when he was doing his trolling. maybe you should try letting it go and moving on instead of starting new topics about one guy who didn't like your website. he'd probably piss his pants in laughter if he saw all these discussions happening about him. what is it with you lot and dwelling on things you hate?
Welcome to the forum, Joe. Be sure you read the FORUM RULES, which are listed at the top of the topic list of each board. I presume you're not Nick. :wink:

I believe that Samdaman was sincere in his views; so, I wouldn't necessarily call him a troll. Actually, several of the members of this forum were around when Samdaman was posting: Ray (the website
Admin -- who, admittedly, doesn't post as often because he's rather busy now with a project or two, in addition to his job), Skul (the forum Admin), and abitagirl. One reason Samdaman is a fascinating persona is because he created one or more false accounts with the intent of gaining the confidence of the Admins so he could be appointed a moderator, which would have enabled him to destroy the forum (which clearly was his intent). His fanaticism was so strong that I have to sort of admire it. He's brought up because he's entertaining. His extreme, hateful views and attitudes are both hilarious and disturbing. As far as dwelling on things that we hate, do you believe that we're unique in this regard? There are many websites whose supporters post messages about things that they hate. At their websites political liberals gripe about how terrible political conservatives are, and vice versa. Many websites are, after all, ranting boards that give people a voice who otherwise wouldn't have one.

By the way, please don't assume that all of us think alike. I certainly don't agree with all the statements of this website. We have different views about sports, and we're quite capable of disagreeing among ourselves.

Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm tired of being polite to idiots. The reason we've been obsessed with Samdaman :x is because of his mindless fanaticism and the fact that he's a walking stereotype. And, besides, why should you care what we think or say? Get a life!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:I'm tired of being polite to idiots. The reason we've been obsessed with Samdaman :x is because of his mindless fanaticism and the fact that he's a walking stereotype. And, besides, why should you care what we think or say? Get a life!
Joe's not posted here in months, Earl. He was probably banned back on the day he signed up based on his rank. How come you've chosen to return to his post all of a sudden? I'm just curious. But yeah, Samdaman's posts were definitely extreme. I dread to think what the guy is like in real life and how he treats the less-athletic people around him if this is how he reacts to a single website on the internet that goes against his opinions. You say obsessive much? Yes, I would say that for a few months, he was utterly obsessed with this website; like I am, just in a negative way.

Best regards,
i_like_1981