a Samdaman classic!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: a Samdaman classic!

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Earl wrote:I'm tired of being polite to idiots. The reason we've been obsessed with Samdaman :x is because of his mindless fanaticism and the fact that he's a walking stereotype. And, besides, why should you care what we think or say? Get a life!
Joe's not posted here in months, Earl. He was probably banned back on the day he signed up based on his rank. How come you've chosen to return to his post all of a sudden? I'm just curious. But yeah, Samdaman's posts were definitely extreme. I dread to think what the guy is like in real life and how he treats the less-athletic people around him if this is how he reacts to a single website on the internet that goes against his opinions. You say obsessive much? Yes, I would say that for a few months, he was utterly obsessed with this website; like I am, just in a negative way.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
His stupid comment had been simmering in the back of my mind for months. I welcome a dialogue with any sincere critic of this website, but I get tired of little snots who just want to show how clever they supposedly are. As far as Samdaman :x is concerned? His obsession with this website was downright comical. Even a disinterested person would laugh about it. I have reason to personally detest the John Birch Society because the Houston chapter of that organization attempted to blacklist my sister and publicly claimed (in a press conference, for crying out loud) that she was a Communist simply because she supported the civil rights movement in this country during the early 1960s as a college student. But I don't feel the need to visit their website and continually post hateful messages about how terrible they are. That would be just a waste of my time. Come to think of it, I guess we should take pride in the fact that Samdaman :x did not think that it was a waste of his time to harass our website. :lol: :mrgreen:

By the way, after he was banned, Samdaman left a message in the Guestbook claiming that he was beating up nerds at his high school. (If he really was and was not just saying that to get the members of the forum upset, I wonder if any of his coaches cared? I doubt it.) I guess this is what people mean when they say athletics builds character.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:By the way, after he was banned, Samdaman left a message in the Guestbook claiming that he was beating up nerds at his high school. (If he really was and was not just saying that to get the members of the forum upset, I wonder if any of his coaches cared? I doubt it.) I guess this is what people mean when they say athletics builds character.
I for one have considered the possibility that Samdaman might have just been a troll or an angered sports fan slightly... embellishing the truth. Like you said, Earl, he really was a walking stereotype, and I hope he's actually grown the hell up since he was flaming the website if his portrayal of himself in his posts was true all along. Some of the guy's posts seem too stereotypical to be true. I thought people were meant to want to disassociate themselves from stereotypes and not prove them true? He was moronic, intolerant and plain unreasonable but not completely unfounded. He tried to make some points, biased and harsh as they may have been. For the ultimate in sports bore stupidity, Earl, I advise you go back to the very earliest threads in this "Sports Suck" forum and read the rants and insults from the sports fans who attacked this site around summer 2006. THAT is plain, undiluted, unmitigated stupidity at its very worst. But I enjoyed seeing Skul, Ray and the other members of the time's responses to them. I guess it's clear who had the intellectual advantage then. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Earl wrote:By the way, after he was banned, Samdaman left a message in the Guestbook claiming that he was beating up nerds at his high school. (If he really was and was not just saying that to get the members of the forum upset, I wonder if any of his coaches cared? I doubt it.) I guess this is what people mean when they say athletics builds character.
I for one have considered the possibility that Samdaman might have just been a troll or an angered sports fan slightly... embellishing the truth. Like you said, Earl, he really was a walking stereotype, and I hope he's actually grown the hell up since he was flaming the website if his portrayal of himself in his posts was true all along. Some of the guy's posts seem too stereotypical to be true. I thought people were meant to want to disassociate themselves from stereotypes and not prove them true? He was moronic, intolerant and plain unreasonable but not completely unfounded. He tried to make some points, biased and harsh as they may have been. For the ultimate in sports bore stupidity, Earl, I advise you go back to the very earliest threads in this "Sports Suck" forum and read the rants and insults from the sports fans who attacked this site around summer 2006. THAT is plain, undiluted, unmitigated stupidity at its very worst. But I enjoyed seeing Skul, Ray and the other members of the time's responses to them. I guess it's clear who had the intellectual advantage then. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I can assure you that Samdaman was no troll. As I've said before, I could establish his identity conclusively; but I'm not willing to spend the money to match his e-mail address with the residential address of his parents' home. (By the way, did you know that some of the 4channers at one point were wondering if Fat Man was the greatest troll around? I wonder why. :wink: ) As far as "sports bore stupidity" is concerned, have you checked any of the Letters columns? There's some really "interesting" reading there. Check for yourself. (Click "Letters" on the home page.) Some of the letters differ from the stereotype of "sports haters" (at least those who are men, anyway) being sedentary. One of the reasons I started supporting this website is because I was absolutely appalled by the mindless hatred that was expressed by most of the sports fans who had bothered to leave any messages. As the cartoon character says, "Sheesh! What a grouch!" (Of course, this was before I discovered that there is intolerance on both sides, although I must admit that one of those sides -- namely, ours -- has no power except in certain personal situations.) Yes, when I saw all that bile :( :roll: , I realized that this website needed a friend. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hmmm... well, maybe you're secure in the belief that Samdaman was fully sincere in his views, but part of me thinks that there is no way somebody can honestly be so enraged and intolerant against one mere low-profile website that has an opposing view on something they like. But then again, I don't know everyone in the world, so maybe it is true and there are some sports fans out there who really are this extreme. Did the idiot even realise that this sole website posed no threat at all to the influential might of sports in our society? If he was sincere in his posts and not just posting flame baits in the hope of drawing some emotional and agitated responses, then he had some serious damn problems and I hope he's got over them now. He really needs to get into his mind that everything that's popular has likers and haters. I don't go round trolling Avril Lavigne and Paramore forums to feel better about myself, because I can accept the fact that I have rather unique tastes and that I do have contempt for what is generally more popular. I don't need to go round stamping on other people's opinions to validate my own.

And yes, this website does need more friends. We're only a small forum, but we are right in a lot of what we say. Sports are not perfect and are the cause of a lot of bullying in schools and exclusion in other places. It's a truth that the sports fans don't want to face; that their fun games have not been so beneficial for everyone. Thankfully we have had some sports fans who can understand our point of view. And of course, some who haven't tried at all to do so.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.