Lakers win!

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!
abitagirl

Lakers win!

Post by abitagirl »

Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Earl

Re: Lakers win!

Post by Earl »

Wheeeeee! :twisted: :mrgreen: Go, Lakers, go! :lol: Go, Lakers, Go! :lol:

But what about the Ponders? :(
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Earl wrote:But what about the Ponders? :(

They lost to the Doggie Puddles. :twisted:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

abitagirl wrote:And the riots start. :roll:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... s-win.html
I can't help but wonder what these fans are trying to prove when they go around causing trouble and unrest even when "their" team wins. I can understand it when the team loses, though it's really excessive to cause so much damage to people and property over a bunch of guys none of the perpetrators know personally, but why does it happen after a win as well? How hard is it to satisfy these people?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Most fans feel a great connection to their team after being loyal to them for so long. So, when their team wins, they feel the same joy that the players do. Well, maybe not the same joy, but it feels pretty great. Especially if your team has played so poorly for so long. Although I think the Lakers won their respective league's championship the last two or three years (?), so I'm not so sure. Maybe they just like to party :P
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

It is like St. Patrick's Day. Oh my deities.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

The Imperialist wrote:It is like St. Patrick's Day. Oh my deities.
Haha, the myth about him getting "rid" of all the snakes in Ireland is so laughable.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

For some reason, it gives people to down alcohol like as if it is the cure for all ailments past and future.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Welcome back imperialist. :D XD, you know if I wanted to slowly poison myself I wouldn't wanna waste my time and just drink snake poison. Honestly though they're really people who do idiotic stuff like that and belief its a miracle of a god. Funny thing that can be scientifically explained as certain snake poisons can be digested safely without any harm because they need to be exposed to the blood stream to have an affect. It's all in the faith!! :lol:
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Indurrago wrote:Welcome back imperialist. :D XD, you know if I wanted to slowly poison myself I wouldn't wanna waste my time and just drink snake poison. Honestly though they're really people who do idiotic stuff like that and belief its a miracle of a god. Funny thing that can be scientifically explained as certain snake poisons can be digested safely without any harm because they need to be exposed to the blood stream to have an affect. It's all in the faith!! :lol:
Snake venom is actually made up of proteins, so if you drink snake venom, your digestive system breaks it down just like the proteins you get when eating meat, chicken, turkey, pork, or fish.

Insulin is also a protein, but it must be injected in order to work. But NOT directly into a vein, but into the skin by pinching a roll of fat, and injecting it into the fat to slowly enter the bloodstream. Injecting directly into a vein will cause a dangerous rapid drop in blood sugar levels.

The oral medications that some Type 2 diabetics take who are not yet insulin dependent are NOT insulin pills. They merely help your body to use it's natural insulin more efficiently by lowering insulin resistance. Insulin will not work in pill form because insulin being a protein will be broken down and digested just like the proteins in meat.

Therefore, insulin must be injected, and too much insulin will cause you to go into shock and possibly die unless sugar is administered.

So, both snake venom and insulin are proteins.

Snake venom injected into the blood stream kills.

Too much insulin in the blood might also kill if your blood sugars drop to dangerously low levels.

But either one consumed orally is simply broken down and digested like the proteins from eating meat.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Thanks for clearing that up fatman. Interesting, technically snake venom isn't considered poison because ingesting it generally won't kill you.