Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)

Post by i_like_1981 »

I'm not one to dictate policy here as I'm not a moderator, but what about the No Spam rule? He must have violated that one a good few times already. That's the fourth time he's used that "chosen one" etc. figure of speech in his posts. He's not making himself clear at all. I can't find anything of merit in any of his posts so far. I would be more respectful of Drew if he bothered to post something worthy of serious consideration that appeared to be more than just a meme of some sort used repeatedly, trolling or a load of random bullshit to baffle us. I don't see why we should tolerate this crap on our forum.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I think it's time to ban Drew now. He's had time to talk after he got caught, but he's extended his stay. He's obviously a troll, he had an undercover criticism of the site, not that criticism is bad, but the fact that he pretended to be anti-sports makes me think that it is justifiable to call him a troll. He's just being silly right now and speaking bullshit, he isn't using any real logic in his criticisms. I say ban him.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I think it's time to ban Drew now. He's had time to talk after he got caught, but he's extended his stay. He's obviously a troll, he had an undercover criticism of the site, not that criticism is bad, but the fact that he pretended to be anti-sports makes me think that it is justifiable to call him a troll. He's just being silly right now and speaking bullshit, he isn't using any real logic in his criticisms. I say ban him.
Fully agreed, HugeFanOfBadReligion. Earl has been more than fair enough to him and I have made it clear in my posts that I would be kinder to Drew on here if he gave us a post with any substance or insight to it. He has been given enough chances on here. Too many. I don't recall one time he used any logic in his criticisms. He makes Nick look mature and sensible in comparison.

What Drew always says in his posts, now I'll say it back to him: you're out of time, so say goodbye!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Drew has been banned.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Earl wrote:Drew has been banned.
Good job. He wasn't contributing to the site with either support or criticism (criticism is also good for anything that has an ideological purpose), and I'm certain he was a troll. Looks like he wasn't the chosen one, nor was he the Sports Suck Champion.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Earl wrote:Drew has been banned.
Good job. He wasn't contributing to the site with either support or criticism (criticism is also good for anything that has an ideological purpose), and I'm certain he was a troll. Looks like he wasn't the chosen one, nor was he the Sports Suck Champion.
Well, I got to admit that he had me going fore awhile.

I was feeling rather depressed that day and he seem supportive of my assertions.

But then, after awhile, he started sounding more like some fanatical religious prophet on a bad acid trip!

I'm glad he's gone.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, getting back on topic again.

I felt the need to go back to an earlier post in this topic concerning an exchange between Brigan and myself and also concerning the incident I had mentioned that occurred at the Don Haskins Sports Center.

So, once again . . . . .
Brigan wrote:God....
Fat Man wrote: And as for the guy giving out free samples . . . yeah! Free samples of pop corn, three kernels in a cup the size of a shot glass. I was thirsty coming in from the heat. It was about 105 degrees that day, and the last thing I wanted was something salty. I was thirsty damn it!!!
What could possibly make you believe he knew you were Thirsty?, he was just being nice to you, while you were aggresive towards him
It was 105 degrees outside, and I came in hot and tired with sweat on my fat face, so anybody could tell that I was thirsty. DUH!!!

Except a moron!

And now, I have doubts about your level of intelligence.

I'm not an expert, but if I saw someone who was hot, tired, and sweaty when coming in from the heat, I would assume that person is thirsty and in need of a cool drink and not three kernels of salty popcorn.

But then, sports people don't have feelings, and are totally insensitive toward the feelings of other people. That's why football players rape women and why jocks bully students around in our schools. Of course, football players have no feelings. That's why they can butt heads together out in the field like billy goats.

No brain, no pain!
OK, I also now feel the need to say more in response to Brigan.
Brigan wrote: What could possibly make you believe he knew you were Thirsty?, he was just being nice to you, while you were aggresive (correction, aggressive) towards him
As I have said, when I came in from the heat, it was about 105 degrees outside. My face was red and I was sweating, so any reasonably intelligent person could tell if I was thirsty, except a moron!

Now when rednecks and morons are hot, tired, and thirsty, they slobber and drool, their tongues hang out, and they pant like dogs.

So, a redneck or a moron can only tell if a fellow redneck or moron is hot, tired, and thirsty, because of the obvious signs, slobbering and drooling, tongues hanging out, and panting like dogs, these are the unmistakable signs of thirst exhibited by rednecks and morons.

But since I came in with only a red face and sweat on my forehead, a redneck or a moron lacks the intelligence to tell if I was hot, tired, and thirsty, while an intelligent person could tell.

That's because when we more intelligent people are hot, tired, and thirsty, we don't slobber and drool, our tongues don't hang out, and we don't pant like dogs, unlike rednecks and morons.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Also, I resent Brigan's authoritarian attitude when he came in here telling me to behave myself like some kind of Internet Forum Nanny.

So, I would like to suggest a rank for people like Brigan.

NET NANNY!

Or perhaps . . . FORUM NANNY!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

There's only one rank I want to see given on here at the moment. SPAMMER to Drew McIntyre. Seriously, how has that not been done yet? His posts make Nick's look like they have a real purpose to them.

As for Brigan, I'm not going to slag him off. 105 degrees is sure damn hot, though. Round here we've had some damn hot weather recently and I'd say we were getting up to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit, but 105 is just about unimaginable for England. I can understand why you were pissed off and desperately in need of a drink, and I agree with you on the point that $3.25 is a lot for a cup of iced water. Over in England that would be the equivalent of £2, and in some places round here you can buy bottled water for 50p a litre. That's when you buy supermarkets' own brands, though. The real brand names, like Evian, tend to cost more.

Can you remember the capacity of the cups of iced water? How many millilitres were they, would you say? Then I'll see how much of a ripoff they really were.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Believe me Fat Man, it's not just sports centres where things such as water or other refreshments are outrageously overpriced. Probably two years ago, during the summer, I went to the Warped Tour (I do not recommend going to this tour now, because it has been overrun by terrible new bands with no talent), and after walking around in a crowded outdoor festival during the summer for hours, I was completely dehydrated. On top of that, I was wearing two layers of clothing as a was wearing two t-shirts because at the festival I had bought merchandise of one of my favourite bands. I was extremely dehydrated, and after waiting a very long amount of time, I reached the front of the line of the place selling food and drinks, where it costed $5.00 for water. I had no choice but to pay for it, as I felt like I could have had a heat stroke. After I purchased it, I found out the policy there was that employees had to take off the caps of any drinks purchased and throw them into the garbage so people couldn't conserve their drinks throughout the day and save some for later, therefore people would need to buy even more expensive drinks later. So I wouldn't blame sports for things like these, but I'd blame the greedy opportunistic corporations who take advantages of situations like these.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:There's only one rank I want to see given on here at the moment. SPAMMER to Drew McIntyre. Seriously, how has that not been done yet? His posts make Nick's look like they have a real purpose to them.

As for Brigan, I'm not going to slag him off. 105 degrees is sure damn hot, though. Round here we've had some damn hot weather recently and I'd say we were getting up to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit, but 105 is just about unimaginable for England. I can understand why you were pissed off and desperately in need of a drink, and I agree with you on the point that $3.25 is a lot for a cup of iced water. Over in England that would be the equivalent of £2, and in some places round here you can buy bottled water for 50p a litre. That's when you buy supermarkets' own brands, though. The real brand names, like Evian, tend to cost more.

Can you remember the capacity of the cups of iced water? How many millilitres were they, would you say? Then I'll see how much of a ripoff they really were.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
OK, they wanted $3.25 for a 20 ounce soda, that's 20 fluid ounces which is approximately 591.47 milliliters, and they had the guts to charge the same for water.

After bitching and griping with them for 10 to 15 minutes, and threatening to call the cops on them, they finally gave me some ice water in a 12 ounce cup, that's about 354.88 milliliters free of charge.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Believe me Fat Man, it's not just sports centres where things such as water or other refreshments are outrageously overpriced. Probably two years ago, during the summer, I went to the Warped Tour (I do not recommend going to this tour now, because it has been overrun by terrible new bands with no talent), and after walking around in a crowded outdoor festival during the summer for hours, I was completely dehydrated. On top of that, I was wearing two layers of clothing as a was wearing two t-shirts because at the festival I had bought merchandise of one of my favourite bands. I was extremely dehydrated, and after waiting a very long amount of time, I reached the front of the line of the place selling food and drinks, where it costed $5.00 for water. I had no choice but to pay for it, as I felt like I could have had a heat stroke. After I purchased it, I found out the policy there was that employees had to take off the caps of any drinks purchased and throw them into the garbage so people couldn't conserve their drinks throughout the day and save some for later, therefore people would need to buy even more expensive drinks later. So I wouldn't blame sports for things like these, but I'd blame the greedy opportunistic corporations who take advantages of situations like these.
WOW! About $5.00 dollars just for water???

That's criminal!!!

If they had refuse to give me water, what I would had done was to drop to my knees, and fell over on my back and acted like I'm going into shock and about to pass out, and make them call an ambulance.

Then after coming home from emergency, I would sue the bastards, and make them cover the cost of the ambulance and make them pay for my pain ans suffering.

There should be a law against charging for water, that just plane water should always be for FREE!!!

What next?

Will we eventually have to be charged for the air we breath???

This is an absolutely evil world we live in.

I hope they all descend down to the ninth circle of Hell!!!
Last edited by Fat Man on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Fat Man wrote:There should be a against charging for water, that just plane water should always be for FREE!!!
Of course it costs money to make to filter the water along with everything else required along with distributing, as well as advertising just like any other company needs to do, as the reason why any company sells water is obviously for the profit so they can live their life, but I agree that water should not be so ridiculously over priced. So bottled water should not be free, but it should cost the same low price anywhere, whether it is at an extremely hot festival, a sports centre, or just at a vending machine at a school or being sold at a convenience store.

Gareth

Post by Gareth »

SensibleSportsman wrote:http://www.cracked.com/article_18578_7- ... lives.html

Deal with it
Cracked? You're trying to discredit all of our arguments with... an article from Cracked?

What a fucking moron.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Gareth wrote:
SensibleSportsman wrote:http://www.cracked.com/article_18578_7- ... lives.html

Deal with it
Cracked? You're trying to discredit all of our arguments with... an article from Cracked?

What a fucking moron.
Yeah! We all know!

Pathetic! Isn't he?

That's why I have been calling him NonsensicalSportsman.

Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Yeah, I noticed you get quite a lot of fucking idiots attacking your site. I mean seriously, do they really think they're going to get us to like sports by shouting abuse at us and proving themselves to be a load of intolerant jackasses? Like hell they will. The funniest thing is, I might actually have gotten into sports had they not been forced down my throat by people all the time. It happened all the time as a kid, from when I was about 8 and right up to now, when I'm 30. It pisses me off, to be honest. Why are there so many people around these days who absolutely can't stand the idea of some people having different interests? People would have me believe that cheering for a group of strangers every weekend is an admirable trait. Something to be proud of. It's not, though, and the most aggravating thing is, I seem to be the only person in my office who can see it for what it really is - pointless and with no real benefits to anyone!

The funniest thing is, the sports jocks attacking this website all like to call us sports haters "retards", "freaks" and "idiots", but some of their grammar and spelling is absolutely appalling. I'd like to think I was hearing these coming from someone who could at least understand how to write a proper sentence but normally insults like that come from the real idiots! Unbelievable, isn't it. To think sports haters have to endure all this shit because they aren't reliant on having total strangers provide their entertainment for them. And these clowns wonder why some people aren't sports fans?