Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)

Post by Earl »

Before I comment, I just want to keep this in perspective. In terms of significance, board messaging is not everything. Arguing in a websiteâ??s forum usually doesnâ??t have much impact in the real world, although it can help on a personal level. Some people who post at websites engage in ranting, which means that they say things they wouldnâ??t say in real life. Acting on the impulse of the moment, they react more emotionally than they would when dealing with people face to face. Iâ??ve done that myself and have later regretted it.

Sorry, but I still generally agree with Brigan. He did not say that Fat Man was despicable. He said that he gave the wrong impression of being despicable because of his extreme comments and ranting. I understand the anger that â??sports hatersâ? feel. Iâ??ve had my own reasons for being resentful. There definitely are negative aspects to the culture that is associated with some sports, and there have been acts of injustice. But those of us who make broad generalizations and sweeping negative stereotypes do not help our cause. There are forces of reform in the world of school sports. Yes, reform sometimes is painfully slow and takes many years; but we should still recognize those who try to do some good.

Maintaining an â??us versus themâ? mentality will never be constructive on any level. Not even on a personal level. When I was born in 1950, Jim Crow was the law of the land in the United States; and black Americans were shamefully oppressed. Those in the black community who actively opposed Jim Crow were extremely courageous, but the civil rights movement never would have been successful without the support of white Americans. If most black Americans in that period of our nationâ??s history had had an â??us versus themâ? mentality and had viewed all white Americans as being bad people and rejected them, we probably would still have Jim Crow today.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yes, as much as I hate pointless, boring and overhyped events like the World Suck and have disdain for sporting activity due to the physical and emotional humiliation I received during my school years as a result of not playing it at a standard deemed good enough by my fellow students, I've had to learn to recognise the difference between the reasonable and the unreasonable sports fans who choose to make themselves known on here. I personally think it's more important to judge an opponent based on their attitude and willingness to have a dialogue and not just based on their differing views. Now as for SensibleSportsman I never had any respect for him. He came here under false pretences pretending to be a reasonable critic of this site. His first post involved quoting a huge post of Fat Man's with a five word sentence which was pointless. And then he submitted a post to start a new thread proving the worth of sports (this thread) with a satirical article written in jest and a three word post to accompany it, saying "Deal with it". Now I don't call that a decent criticism of the site. I just call that a waste of time, attention seeker, and a troll. Then it became clear he was a 4chan troll with green text featuring in his post so he was banned and had his rank changed to SPAMMER. Good. He can fuck off. I have no respect for him. But Brigan was reasonable. Brigan offered a chance for dialogue and picked out specific quotes, expressing his criticisms to them and why he felt that way. He deserved better treatment than SensibleSportsman but was given the same insults even though he was here to give reasonable advice. He even admitted English wasn't his first language; I find it quite courageous for him to use the English skills he does have to hopefully start a reasonable debate and learn more about why some people feel the way they do. But he has been given the cold shoulder. Now, you lot can think what you like of Brigan, but I don't think he's that bad. Just my opinion. He didn't just come and run us down; he picked out specific quotes to support his arguments and backed them up well with his own thoughts. He was decent. Now I will go mad at the intolerant sports fans and the SPAMMERs on here who just want to waste time and cause anger. That's what they want, and I think they should have it. It's fun for the both of us. But if people show up here wanting a debate, wanting to understand the other side's point of view and trying their best to get through to people with opposing voice, I think they should have their wishes fulfilled as well. Gotta play fair. It takes guts to offer a meaningful dialogue with a community of people you disagree with. I was hoping that the troll attacks would make the more reasonable critics who offer a real discussion more appreciated on here, but it seems I am wrong. Now ain't dat a shock?!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, I need to clarify something here.

I was NOT actually advocating that sports fans should be clobbered across the teeth with a cane or hit in the testicles with a baseball bat. That was only a joke!!!

I was merely trying to point out to Brigan how ridiculous this topic started by NonsensicalSportman is when it was suggested that getting hit over the head with a hockey stick is a good thing, because while you're in the hospital with a fractured skull they'll discover a cancerous brain tumor and remove it, thus saving your life, so therefore getting hit in the head with a hockey stick can save your life.

I was only trying to point out how stupid the whole concept was by creating my own examples, like clobbering some redneck sport fanatic across the teeth with my cane so that he would need to go to a dentist, and then the dentist discovers he has throat cancer from chewing tobacco, so he gets treatment for the cancer, thus saving his life, thanks to my clobbering him across the teeth with my cane.

That was only meant to be a joke!

Then I also suggested that beating some sports bore in the testicles with a baseball bat was also a good thing because if he went to the hospital they would discover he had testicular cancer and cut off his nuts, thus saving his life, so getting hit in the testicles with a baseball bat was a good thing!

Again, that was only a joke!

And then, when I posted the following . . . . .
Fat Man wrote:Oh! And one more thing Mr. NonsensicalSportsman . . . We are all sick and tired of jocks and sports fans beating up on people and putting them in hospitals.

We're going to fight back and perhaps even start putting a few jocks in the morgue.

You got that? Jimbo Bubbah Booey!!!
OK, I said "perhaps" and I guess I should have rephrased that.

I should have said that, maybe some people out there would get tired of getting beaten and bullied around by jocks and sports fans, and some people out there might want to strike back and want to put them in the morgue instead of the hospital.

I did not mean to say that I would ever do this.

I was merely making a prediction that somebody might do this sort of thing.

Again, this was only a joke, because I had posted the image of The Jock In The Box.

It was only meant to be a joke!

But Brigan fails to understand satire or parody.

I have absolutely no intention of killing anybody!

But at the same time, I'm not going to cry boo hoo if somebody out there does strike back and kill some moronic monkey-boy either. If I were ever to hear of such news, or read about it from a NEWS web site, I would probably laugh my big fat ass off!

I remember back in 1999, I read a NEWS article about some football player who got drunk on his ass, and started a fight in a basement bar room, and the cops were called. This stupid football player reached up to the ceiling and grabbed an overhead water pipe and broke it off. As water was gushing out from the broken pipe in the ceiling, he was swinging the broken-off section of pipe in an attempt to strike at the policemen, and they had no choice but to shoot him in self-defense, thus he died on the scene. Stupid moron!!!

I thought that was hilarious. This guy should have received the Annual Darwin Award!

After reading that article, I laughed my big fat ass off!

Tragedy & Comedy.

Tragedy: When some innocent person dies as a result of another person's stupidity.

Comedy: When some moron dies as a result of his own stupidity!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Brigan wrote:You can't be serious... after reading his post

"It's as if the anti-sports forces of the world came and personally signed Fat Man as their future. Fat Man is the chosen one."

Do you really..... you know what nevermind.. -_-
I actually agree with Brigan here, Fat Man. In fact, I completely agree with him. That sentence has troll written all over it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

@Fat Man: You're missing the whole point of My posts, I suggest you re-read em all.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:@Fat Man: You're missing the whole point of My posts, I suggest you re-read em all.
And just what is your point?

That I should behave myself and learn to love sports and suck jock cocks???

I have re-read your posts a several times, and you still sound like a moron!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote: And just what is your point?

Your attitude at me clearly address the Point of my Posts.

Learn to show respect towards People you don't know.

You can't come up with "jocks didn't respect or behave good agaisnt me" defense, I'm not them, they are individuals, what they do can't in any way affect the way you have to treat other people, in this case me.

I could call you names on how you behave, but that's being rude towards you, but you instead don't even care about it and name me a Moron.

Sorry. but you're just being hateful.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Please don't leave us, Brigan. We need your input.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Though I rarely reply to a forum I view, I will do so when I feel I must share my view on some particular issue, this time was Fat Man Behaviour, Who knows? maybe I'll do it again on a diferent issue.
I'll be around.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote: And just what is your point?

Your attitude at me clearly address the Point of my Posts.

Learn to show respect towards People you don't know.

You can't come up with "jocks didn't respect or behave good agaisnt me" defense, I'm not them, they are individuals, what they do can't in any way affect the way you have to treat other people, in this case me.

I could call you names on how you behave, but that's being rude towards you, but you instead don't even care about it and name me a Moron.

Sorry. but you're just being hateful.
Excuse me Jimbo Bubbah Booey!

But when you first entered this forum, as a new member, the very first thing you did was to get down on my case like an old English nanny to criticize me and call me despicable!

In fact, you even applied for membership, specifically to get on my case!

I have every right to be angry!

You should read a topic I started a few months ago which I had titled THE HORSE THIEVES AMONG US!

Go to: http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=1&t=4425

It's essentially my own life's story about my own experiences with bullying in our schools, and the damage it has done to me and how my life is fucked up as a result.

Then you maybe, just maybe, you might understand where I'm coming from.

I have yet to see you criticize how jocks behave.

We have posted NEWS articles about jocks committing crimes such as assault and rape. But I doubt you have ever read any of those topics.

I don't see you making any harsh criticism toward the jocks who commit violent crimes.

But you have to keep jumping on my case!

Do you like riding my big fat ass? Eh?

Does it feel good to you to be riding my great big fat ass???

I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting butt-banged again, just as I was when I was 17 years old and raped by an older man.

Only now, the butt-banging is verbal instead of physical.

But nonetheless, I feel like you're riding my ass!

GET OFF MY ASS!!! It's beginning to feel sore!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
Do you like riding my big fat ass? Eh?

Does it feel good to you to be riding my great big fat ass???

I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting butt-banged again, just as I was when I was 17 years old and raped by an older man.

Only now, the butt-banging is verbal instead of physical.

But nonetheless, I feel like you're riding my ass!

GET OFF MY ASS!!! It's beginning to feel sore!
Can you please Stop talking about your butt? It's digusting that you compare my participation on this board as that sexual act. and this is the 3rd time you mention it.

Also.
Brigan wrote: You can't come up with "jocks didn't respect or behave good agaisnt me" defense, I'm not them, they are individuals, what they do can't in any way affect the way you have to treat other people, in this case me.
Please. Read my posts, do not ignore them.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Hey Brigan!!!

Just read read my damn topic THE HORSE THIEVES AMONG US! which I had posted at:

http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=1&t=4425

OK???

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

I just did. and again
Brigan wrote:You can't come up with "jocks didn't respect or behave good agaisnt me" defense, I'm not them, they are individuals, what they do can't in any way affect the way you have to treat other people, in this case me.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:I just did. and again
Brigan wrote:You can't come up with "jocks didn't respect or behave good agaisnt me" defense, I'm not them, they are individuals, what they do can't in any way affect the way you have to treat other people, in this case me.
Hey Jimbo Bubbah Booey!

I don't have to respect sports people! You got that?!?

If you wear a jersey with a number on it, shoulder pads, and a helmet, then, as far as I'm concerned, you might as well be wearing a NAZI uniform with a swastika on it!

Telling me to respect jocks is like telling the Jews to respect Nazis!!!

And in your case, the reason why I'm down on you is because . . . when you first came to these forums, the very first thing you did was to get down on my ass (OK, I mean case) to criticize me when you don't know a damn thing about me!

I notice, you have expressed no opinion on the topic I had mentioned.

It's like it made no impression on you at all. All you care about is crying boo hoo for the sports people for whom I will NEVER have any respect.

I guess what you're really trying to say is that I should . . . . .

. . . . . get over it!!!

Typical right-wing Republican response!!!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
Brigan wrote:I just did. and again
Hey Jimbo Bubbah Booey!

I don't have to respect sports people! You got that?!?

If you wear a jersey with a number on it, shoulder pads, and a helmet, then, as far as I'm concerned, you might as well be wearing a NAZI uniform with a swastika on it!

Telling me to respect jocks is like telling the Jews to respect Nazis!!!

And in your case, the reason why I'm down on you is because . . . when you first came to these forums, the very first thing you did was to get down on my ass (OK, I mean case) to criticize me when you don't know a damn thing about me!

I notice, you have expressed no opinion on the topic I had mentioned.

It's like it made no impression on you at all. All you care about is crying boo hoo for the sports people for whom I will NEVER have any respect.

I guess what you're really trying to say is that I should . . . . .

. . . . . get over it!!!

Typical right-wing Republican response!!!
*sigh* because that Topic has nothing to do on what I'm criticizing you for, and no It doesn't make an impression on me, because It's the same thing I've been reading about you. It still doesn't change the fact about your behaviour, You're introducing another topic without dealing about the one I'm talking about and the one I'm caring about atm.

It makes you look like you're Avoiding it.