Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:*sigh* because that Topic has nothing to do on what I'm criticizing you for, and no It doesn't make an impression on me, because It's the same thing I've been reading about you. It still doesn't change the fact about your behaviour, You're introducing another topic without dealing about the one I'm talking about and the one I'm caring about atm.

It makes you look like you're Avoiding it.
Oh, so it doesn't make any kind of impression on you!

Hey! What if it had been your kid going to school? What if your kid was getting beaten and bullied around? What if it was your kid who got raped? (Which of course, I hope never happens) Then how would you feel???

Nah! You just don't care at all. All you care about is sports scum!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

You're implying that I'm proud of people that do these acts on other people, see? that's the issue with you, You're assuming everyone that even if they like a tiny bit of sports, they're automatically Rapist to you, deserve the worse of you, Etc.

That's totally wrong.

And that's what you're doing to me, since the first time you replied to me.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:You're implying that I'm proud of people that do these acts on other people, see? that's the issue with you, You're assuming everyone that even if they like a tiny bit of sports, they're automatically Rapist to you, deserve the worse of you, Etc.

That's totally wrong.

And that's what you're doing to me, since the first time you replied to me.
That's because, the first time you posted anything in these forums, it was to get on my case, and to call me despicable!

In fact, that was your reason to register as a member. To jump on my case (notice I'm not saying ass?) and you wonder why I gave a hostile response???

Now, if you had said that you merely disagreed with some of the things I had said, but NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!! You had to call me despicable!!!

I guess you expect me to get down on my big fat dimpled knees and apologize for the comments I made about the morons at the Don Haskins Sports Center.

Well, forget that!

You can just kiss my big fat ass!

There! I said "ass" again!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Earl wrote: Sorry, but I still generally agree with Brigan. He did not say that Fat Man was despicable. He said that he gave the wrong impression of being despicable because of his extreme comments and ranting.
You're not reading my Posts Fat Man
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Earl wrote: Sorry, but I still generally agree with Brigan. He did not say that Fat Man was despicable. He said that he gave the wrong impression of being despicable because of his extreme comments and ranting.
You're not reading my Posts Fat Man
Yeah! When it comes to sports, and the cultural mystique revolving around sports, there is much to rant and rave about!

In our high schools, the academic curriculum has been dumbed down to make it easier for the jocks to get passing grades so they can play ball like retarded children in Kindergarten.

The jocks can bully the other students around, and are never held accountable for their behavior.

The PE coaches actually encourage bullying!

In the Universities, a Physics professor or an Astronomy professor only gets paid about $80,000 dollars per year, but some drooling imbecile gets paid millions of dollars just for chasing a ball.

I was denied a decent education in school, because my high school, and many high schools across the USA cares far more for athletics than academics.

Football players have committed rape, and have gone unpunished, while the victims get harassed after reporting the crimes committed against them.

The whole rotten system is corrupt!

So, I have every right to rant and rave against it!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

You know what? forget it. Keep doing what you're doing. hell It's your social life.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:You know what? forget it. Keep doing what you're doing. hell It's your social life.
You know, I actually have a very good social life, and I do have some friends here in El Paso who sympathize with me.

That's because my social life does not include sports people.

I have a friend who is a psychologist. He is my therapist, and after many sessions with him, I have been diagnosed with PTSD, that's Post Dramatic Stress Disorder. He is Jewish, and he is like an older brother to me.

Then I have a health care worker, a young lady who's in her 40s who comes on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays to clean my little studio apartment and she cooks a meal for me. She is like a little sister to me. She has a great sense of humor, and she's a real chatter-box, always enjoys talking and we have great conversations together. She feels the same way as I do about sports, because her daughter went through all kinds of Hell in PE classes.

So, I do have some very close friends.

True, I only have a small circle of a few friends, but it's better to have a few TRUE friends that to have a bunch of phony fair-weather friends, like people in sports.

So, yes, I do have a good social life, because it does NOT revolve around sports.

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
Brigan wrote:You know what? forget it. Keep doing what you're doing. hell It's your social life.
I have a friend who is a psychologist.
Then I have a health care worker.
Do not take My question badly, but...

Who else Fat Man?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
I have a friend who is a psychologist.
Then I have a health care worker.
Do not take My question badly, but...

Who else Fat Man?
A middle aged lady recently moved into my apartment building just two doors away from me on the sixth floor. She speaks both Spanish and English, very good English. She dropped by my apartment while my health care worker was here. She heard us laughing during one of our conversations. She introduced herself as my new neighbor, and a half hour later she brought over some cake. She lives alone, so I told her she can drop by anytime. Comes Thanksgiving I will have a great big 30 pound turkey in my oven, and I told her to drop by for a meal, and on New Years Eve I will be having drinks and fancy snacks.

I also have another lady friend. She's black, about 30 years old, and she drops by to visit me. She's rather chubby, and really cute. Sometime we go out together for lunch.

Also, I have Jewish friends here in El Paso and we exchange E-mails and one dropped by to give me some advice with some legal problems I was having.

Like I said, it's only a small circle of friends, people I can trust, and people with whom one can hold an intelligent conversation.

Sports fans do not make good friends. Not unless you some redneck scum who likes getting drunk all the time with other redneck scums. Sports fans are boring because all they want to talk about is sports. To me, it's nothing but mindless babbling and baby talk.

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote: Sports fans do not make good friends. Not unless you some redneck scum who likes getting drunk all the time with other redneck scums. Sports fans are boring because all they want to talk about is sports. To me, it's nothing but mindless babbling and baby talk.
You're very wrong Fat Man. and I can assure you noone here would agree on that huge generalization you're making.

I could even say that you're a Redneck Scum because you leave in Texas, But hey.. That feels wrong to say. and no I've never got Drunk. see? your Generalization fails.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote: Sports fans do not make good friends. Not unless you some redneck scum who likes getting drunk all the time with other redneck scums. Sports fans are boring because all they want to talk about is sports. To me, it's nothing but mindless babbling and baby talk.
You're very wrong Fat Man. and I can assure you noone here would agree on that huge generalization you're making.

I could even say that you're a Redneck Scum because you leave in Texas, But hey.. That feels wrong to say. and no I've never got Drunk. see? your Generalization fails.
I think that from now on I'll call you The Egyptian.

You're in De Nile!!! Ha! Ha!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:Sports fans do not make good friends. Not unless you some redneck scum who likes getting drunk all the time with other redneck scums. Sports fans are boring because all they want to talk about is sports. To me, it's nothing but mindless babbling and baby talk.
I protest! Some sports fans do make good friends. My friends include several guys who played football when they were in high school. One of them even played football at a university in New York State and became a sociology professor. He has been a critic of machismo and the "jockocracy." He's been a very good friend. He's had more of a positive influence in my life than he realizes. By the way, Fat Man, as I've told you before privately in a long-distance call, regarding your political and social views, you have more in common with him than you do with me! (That is not an insult; it's simply a statement of fact.) Another friend of mine who played football in high school, who is 17 years younger than I and is one of the deacons of my congregation, NEVER talks to me about football, unless I bring up the subject.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote: I think that from now on I'll call you The Egyptian.
I'm sorry, but I'll bet (I Think I'm not alone here) that the one in denial is you. You won't accept the fact that sports fans can be normal persons, good friends. You can't generalize or be prejugdice to someone that just likes a bit of sports or is a fan of one, It's like they're destined to be the worst scum of human society, That's just wrong.

You haven't even MET them for Gods Sake, You don't know how they behave, how friendly they are, How they will treat you, Your past can't be used to reflect it on people you have yet to meet, be it on the sports side or out of them.

Hmm Let me ask you something. What do you think of this encounter?

You (yes you Fatman): Oh here comes a decent guy I'll ask him for directions.

You: Good Afternoon may you...?
"decent Gentleman": SHUT THE FUCK UP, go ASK SOMEONE ELSE you FATTY.

Note: no personal Insult towards you intended.

What would you think he is?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote: I think that from now on I'll call you The Egyptian.
I'm sorry, but I'll bet (I Think I'm not alone here) that the one in denial is you. You won't accept the fact that sports fans can be normal persons, good friends. You can't generalize or be prejugdice to someone that just likes a bit of sports or is a fan of one, It's like they're destined to be the worst scum of human society, That's just wrong.

You haven't even MET them for Gods Sake, You don't know how they behave, how friendly they are, How they will treat you, Your past can't be used to reflect it on people you have yet to meet, be it on the sports side or out of them.

Hmm Let me ask you something. What do you think of this encounter?

You (yes you Fatman): Oh here comes a decent guy I'll ask him for directions.

You: Good Afternoon may you...?
"decent Gentleman": SHUT THE FUCK UP, go ASK SOMEONE ELSE you FATTY.

Note: no personal Insult towards you intended.

What would you think he is?
When I was in school, because I was lousy at sports, due to a crippled up left knee, a PE coach had told me that I would never amount to anything in my life because I was a failure in the gymnasium.

It didn't make a damn bit of difference, that I was able to read and comprehend at the adult level when I was only in the 3rd grade, or that I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test when I was 13 years old.

No, I was told that I would never amount to anything because I was no good at sports, like, that was the most important thing in all the world, to be good at sports.

And it turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, because it was usually the PE instructors that would have me suspended from school, thus, being denied a decent education.

There was once a time, when I did not actually hate sports, but was merely not interested in it. I didn't hate it, I was merely not interested in it. That was considered a sacrilege, bordering on blasphemy, because sports has gone from being merely a sport, to becoming a religion, just another sacred cow.

It was sports, that taught me how to hate sports. Therefore, I can not love what had ruined my life.

So, you may cram it up side-ways!!! OK???

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Do you realize you avoided answering the Question with Your repeated story again?

I'm not talking about SPORTS I'm talking about PEOPLE, READ WHAT YOU'RE QUOTING, Please.

And the Question still stands.

I may require once more the help of members from this Board to Help me make him understand my point, since Either he's ignoring or like he said, In denial.

Edit:
"It was sports, that taught me how to hate sports. Therefore, I can not love what had ruined my life. "

who's asking you to love sports? I'm asking you to not pre-judge people till you meet them and know em.

Also I'll be getting back at you with that "It was sports" thing.