Goon Supporting Bullying on Able2Know Thread!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Goon Supporting Bullying on Able2Know Thread!

Post by Fat Man »

SonofSparda17 wrote:There's no doubt that bullying between males is more physical, but if you ask me a bloody nose and black eye heals much quicker than a busted spirit. Just my gut feeling.
Yes, I guess I'll go along with that.

True, a black eye or a bloody nose doesn't take long to heal. Some injuries do take longer like broken bones for example.

But when one has been mentally, emotionally, and spiritually broken, it may take years to heal, if ever.

Memories last a lifetime, whether it be pleasant memories one likes to remissness about, or unpleasant memories that may leave a person feeling depressed for a long long long long long time.

And anything may trigger off a long forgotten memory. A song, or a smell, like the smell of a camp fire, a taste might trigger off many good memories.

Or something might trigger off a bad memory, a flash back. I should know because in recent years I have been diagnosed with PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Back in 1969, when I was 17 years old, as I have mentioned before on these forum topics, I was beaten and raped by an older man, and back in the 1960s and 1970s there was no psychological help forth coming because back then, nobody believed that a guy could get raped. When I went to talk to a shrink, all he did was prescribe tranquilizers and send me home.

This is why I have a deep abiding hatred toward pedophiles, and why I have been posting threats against some scum-bag piece of dog shit Hawkeye10 at the Able2Know forums after he said . . . . .
"I catch hell for saying this in the childhood sexual abuse survivor community, but I have come to the conclusion that often abuse is nearly a blessing."
It's bad enough that he says bullying in our schools is OK, and that getting bullied around is a rite of passage, but to say that rape is "a blessing" that is beneath contempt!

But, if he goes around saying such things in real life as well as on the Internet, and if he ever says that to a parent who's child was molested by a sexual predator, then I believe somebody is going to really get pissed off and kill him!

And I truly hope that happens to him! I dearly hope somebody kills him!

ON HIS MAMA'S PORCH WITH HIS MAMA LOOKIN' ON!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I noticed that hawkeye10 did not bother to address the whole of my post quoted on the thread but only picked out one sentence which he felt able to dispute. He probably knows that his opinions on bullying are wrong and unjustified and doesn't have any solid argument to support them. Victims have to learn to overcome and rectify their faults on their own? Yeah, like that is going to work. Victims need help from anyone who can give it to them, and that jackass hawkeye10 can't seem to admit we have a point. I fear greatly for any kids he may have. His idea of a perfect society would be one where nobody at all for any reason is entitled to help or support, and they must find a way to improve themselves or else be exterminated or left scarred for life. Hawkeye10 clearly knows what he's saying is wrong and that he's gaining a bad reputation but is not willing to concede anything. He's gone along with these thoughts for so long and aggravated so many people with them that he sees no need to retract them, as that's how people know him. He really needs to reassess his opinions.

And Fat Man, feel free to go nuts at him. I myself am not going to bother speaking to him on Able2Know as there is quite clearly no way to make this guy concede anything he believes. He has no mercy for victims of any form of suffering.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote: . . . Hawkeye10 clearly knows what he's saying is wrong and that he's gaining a bad reputation but is not willing to concede anything. He's gone along with these thoughts for so long and aggravated so many people with them that he sees no need to retract them, as that's how people know him. He really needs to reassess his opinions.

And Fat Man, feel free to go nuts at him.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Oh! I will!

In fact, I will go Medieval on him!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, you will have to risk getting banned from their forums, but some of their views and comments are definitely rage-inducing. I mean come on. Cycloptichorn came bursting onto the Welcome Sports Haters thread, called us all "fucking pathetic" (which I'm sure was mainly directed at me) and then got shocked when I reacted defensively and insulted him back. Able2Know presents itself as a forum for intelligent debate and discussion on current affairs and other real-world issues but some of the people there seem like bullies and authoritarians. I currently don't have anybody on that website set to "Ignore" mode - I like to read their comments, especially ones addressed to me. "Ignore" seems like an option for people who just can't handle the heat at certain moments and bar themselves from the full magnitude of the situation. I myself like to be fully aware of what everyone has said. And provocative posts towards me... I also enjoy preparing my own heated responses to them. This game of internet posting can be fun, so long as one can handle the more... radical types, like Hawkeye10, and learn to stamp them down when they push the envelope too far.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Joe

Post by Joe »

i'm not surprised somebody would call you pathetic on a thread where you quite clearly are displaying an inability to move on and let bad issues from back in school go.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Joe wrote:i'm not surprised somebody would call you pathetic on a thread where you quite clearly are displaying an inability to move on and let bad issues from back in school go.
Thanks for providing insight to your opinions. You clearly are an insensitive asshole who lacks the ability to show compassion or sympathy. Many members on this site, including me, were abused by our peers, psychologically and physically, and it is a completely unreasonable expectation to expect someone to move on from such traumatizing events. It may have happened a while ago, but victims can remember it like it was yesterday, and by moving on, you are basically saying that it doesn't matter that you were tormented, but it does, and by continuing to discuss bullying even after school, you are making an attempt to prevent it from happening to others in the future, which is a good thing. This is why we continue to discuss bullying even when most members have graduated long ago.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Quite right. And the thread was called "Welcome Sports Haters". It invited dislikers of sports to explain why they did not like them and what personal experiences had formed their opinion. And I received insults and aggression because I chose to share my stories with the other posters and make insulting comments about sports and their sheepish fans on a thread that was quite obviously appropriate for such remarks to be made. Yet some jackass got all pissed off because him and his ilk were being stereotyped and run down on a thread where such comments were bound to be present. As a fan of sports, what exactly was Cycloptichorn doing on that thread? He was positively livid at the thought of knowing his beloved league sports were not loved by everyone and some people would choose to express these feelings for real instead of keeping them hidden away as the sports fans would want. I don't go on threads that are bound to be full of insulting comments about old music and single blokes, because I know I won't like what I see. So what possessed this jerk to go onto a thread that was obviously going to annoy him and start posting insults in the hope that he might cause one or two sports haters to see the wrong in their ways and "convert"? These sports fans just will not give up until everybody is thinking the same as them.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Joe, you should do some research on the issue of bullying. Many victims of childhood bullying, particularly those who were bullied over a period of years, carry emotional scars well into their adulthood. Just about every psychologist would tell you this. Read the literature, if you don't believe me. Open your mind. Surely you're not so arrogant that you think you know everything. Try to engage members of this forum in a repectful dialogue instead of ridiculing them. You might actually learn something. Incidentally, the bullying discussed here was not just name-calling. i_like_1981, for example, was subjected to acts of physical violence. One of these instances was actually a crime that should have been prosecuted. Before you judge people (as you seem prone to do), try to get the full story. You say that we should move on. Why does it even bother you? What difference does it make to you about what we do or don't do? There's a big difference between someone (such as Brigan, who posted here recently) who says why don't you move on so you can be happy, and someone who says why don't you move on, it's no big deal because he's not empathetic but just wants to put people down (which, so far, seems to be true of you).
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

(This post is a continuation of my message above.)
Joe wrote:i'm not surprised somebody would call you pathetic on a thread where you quite clearly are displaying an inability to move on and let bad issues from back in school go.
Have you even read the thread in question (the able2know thread)? I doubt it. Yet here you are, ready to judge.

We have had critics of this website who conducted themselves more honorably than you have so far. They approached us with a modicum of respect and were able to effectively offer strong criticisms of this website. They were allowed to post as long as they wanted. I have a high opinion of them to this day because they did not get personal with us. If you continue to be personal with us, you won't get very far. If you don't change your tone and start having a more civil attitude, you will be banned. As Bill O'Reilly of Fox News says, what say you?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Have you noticed his rank, Earl? He's more than likely been banned already. I can see why. I could sense the overtones of flaming in all of his posts, some of which were clear and some of which were more subtle. Still, keep on refuting his claims if you wish. It makes for good reading. But there's no use trying to explain sound arguments and facts to trolls. All they want to do is cause rage and disruption.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

I think he/she/it is either trying to gain attention, or is a member of Stormfront.

How to deal with bullies? I had a few situations, but a bit of physical, a bit of mental, and a bit of authority and right on your side helps. Bullies will usually retreat if you go absolutely mad, and escalate things as far as possible (making sure all the time the blame is on the bully). Yes I am very aggressive, and yes, I am very proud of myself.
Donald

Post by Donald »

Earl wrote:I think 1981 would have done quite well at that website confronting hawkeye10. I agree with your comments about bullying. There's no honor in it. Some bullies are driven by insecurity.

Again, Donald, as I said in my e-mail to you, please be sure to read the FORUM RULES (which is listed at the top of the topic list for each board).
Sorry about that. I do have a tendency to quote entire huge posts cause in ones as big as 1981's, its hard to look for exactly the right quote to pick out to direct your message towards. But i will try to cut down on what I quote as I've done now.

Now the issue of bullying is one thats hard to explain as there are many different reasons why people will bully. I never really encountered a bully that seemed insecure to me but then again they'd probably go to great measures to hide any insecure feelings they may have.

It seems to me that most bullying occurs because some people are just generally cruel at heart. They honestly believe that some people are inferior to them for a certain reason, for example jocks and nerds, as jocks usually are more popular, are more admired by the girls and have stronger physiques than the nerds they bully. Their aim is to let their proclaimed "superiority" be known and as they regard themselves as being better than others they see no problems in harassment as a way of showing their strengths in both a physical and social sense.

Being a casual fan of sports i can see why some sports fans and players may get the feelings of being better than others, particularly the ones playing on the field or court as the attention is focused on them for the duration of a game, not to mention the fans of the winning side. But I have little respect for athletes who beleive that what they do in the game gives them a right to torment those who have less enthusiastic opinions on their cherished sports. I can understand why sports may instil selfish attitudes in certain people.

I can understand what you are trying to say on this site, that it is the selfish and unfair attitudes associated with sports that are the real turn-off for you all and that there is nothing wrong with physical activity itself. I can even understand the extreme comments on these forums as our society is incredibly geared towards televised sports and funding them does take a significant chunk out of the economy.

Sports are popular. Most people do love them, and that is why billions will be spent every year on equipment, pro players salaries, stadium refurbishments, advertising etc. as that money is easily going to be made back from the people who it is all aimed towards. I still think you all should be entitled to your opinions, though, and do not agree with the sports fans who have come on here in the past with intent to cause anger and disruption. The fact they are in the majority should be enough to make them feel completely secure and self-satisfied without needing to flame the small minority who dont share their opinions.
The Imperialist

Jocks being popular with girls are a myth. (And jocks have inferiority complexes knowing that they are meatheads, so they bully the 'weaker' nerds. The 'stronger' nerds do not get touched, as the jocksknow that they will not come out of the encounter clean)

They are only popular with girls who are drawn to the machismo (I am making a BIG generalisation here) who seem to be empty in the head.

And actually, during peace time (where there are no evident signs of war or other civil strife), effeminate men are actually more popular than the muscley 'uber-masculine' men, as instincts in females think that they are war-mongering, and during peace time would prefer more homely men.

(Sooo embarassing writing this, even though I know I am quoting from some paper I read)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, it seems to me that most teenage girls generally favour the big, dumbstruck football player over the slightly built yet intelligent nerd. You should read the article by Marshall Brain entitled "On Telling My Son That He Is A Geek" in which it mentions how the geek son "will be rejected by every girl he approaches". It seems to me that girls in high school have very little respect for the "nerds" as they fear that going out with these boys will bring social shame on them. Therefore they will aspire to get the more popular, yet less intelligent and generally egoistic and sometimes abusive, jocks. It was like this in high school for me, perhaps even worse. Not only did the girls only seem to go to the showoffs but they also seemed to have a real soft spot for the all-round fuckwits and morons who just pissed around in class, smoked, dealt weed and tried to see how many laws they could break before having left school. I can only assume that they were in it for the social cred that would come with it, such as invitations to parties.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Well, this paper I read was done quite recently after the sudden surge in popularity of yaoi and BL in Japan, and generally outside Japan. (I do not wish to elaborate on the details of what they are, but wiki gives a reasonable description)

In my experience, the 'typical' jock is on the WHOLE decreasing, but still persists (along with their damned fanbase).