What the hell is with Drew McIntyre?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

What the hell is with Drew McIntyre?

Post by i_like_1981 »

I personally don't think this Drew McIntyre should be taken seriously. He likes to criticise people on this forum and make a big deal out of their shortcomings, but he fails to understand why people are getting pissed off with him and his trolling, lying ilk. I mean, he comes on here pretending to be a genuine member, a new sports hater for our group to talk with, and as soon as his account is validating, he starts flooding it with spam and wrestling memes. He kept mentioning "Chosen Ones" in several of his posts. After having read through the Wikipedia article for the professional wrestler, Drew McIntyre, the guy he named his profile after, it becomes clear to see where a lot of his terms come from. Drew McIntyre's current nickname is "The Chosen One". He also mentioned a "future shock" in one of his posts, which is one of Drew McIntyre's signature moves, I think. So he's obviously a troll who's trying to throw in all the wrestling memes he can to show his other trolling ilk how secure he is in what he is doing and how naive we are. I'm glad he was banned from the forum.

However, like Nick did, he comes onto the Guestbook some time later, actually shortly after his ban, and starts becoming a proper critic of this website all of the sudden. He makes good points, yes he does, and he's not afraid to speak what he feels is the truth. But I fail to see why he's bothering to do all this after trolling the forum with a load of stupid shit and sinking his credibility. Why would a legitimate critic of the website go and mess around with those he wanted to make real charges against and then expect them to take him seriously? What the hell is this guy on? This is exactly what Nick did. These two were both nuisances on the forum but suddenly seem to become genuine in their remarks and criticisms when restricted to Guestbook posting. Do we take this kind of person seriously? Or do we just ignore what they say as they are, after all, liars? Drew came onto these forums taking the piss, saying he was a sports hater but throwing in more than enough evidence to the contrary. He gets found out, and then banned, and THEN he expects everyone to take him seriously? I fail to understand. What can be done with these sorts of people, people who take pride in their trolling but want to make real points and have them considered?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Imperialist

Re: What the hell is with Drew McIntyre?

Post by The Imperialist »

Who is this chap?
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, I believe I explained that already in my original post, but just to recap - he was a troll who came on these boards pretending to hate sports but then started spamming the forum with loads of terms and memes relating to his favourite wrestler who has the same name as his account. He was eventually banned from this forum after loads of bitching from me but has come back on the Guestbook several times since obviously with intent to debate us. Though his arguments are good and he seems to be speaking honestly here, I don't know whether to trust him as he has already lied to us and been banned from the forum as a result. Go and check out some of his posts if you want to know what I'm talking about.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I agree 100%. His antics before his ban were questionable at best, and now he's here making decent, respectable arguments in the Guestbook? I may disagree with the points he's making, but obviously he's not a complete dimwit, but still, I lost a lot, if not all, credibility when he began rambling on with all that "Chosen One" crap.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

I don't get it, either. If these people would just be up front with us from the beginning, they would be allowed to express their views in the forum as long as they wanted (unless, of course, they became abusive). While we're on the subject, where do pests such as Nick :roll: get the idea that they can say anything they please at any website? Absolute freedom of speech doesn't exist in the real world, not even in a free society. A small website like ours is like someone's home. If you are a guest in someone's home and you insult the people who live there, you may be told to leave; and you will not be able to appeal to the Constitution, obviously. There is a world of difference between a pest like Nick and a decent, sincere critic like Polite24 or SportsGuy92.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
The Imperialist

I live in Britain, but I am Japanese....

If people are allowed to say whatever they felt like, the world would be a an unpleasant place.
And Earl, I like your comparison of this website as a 'home' (Yes I am being overly nostalgic about the Japan past) where guests are expected to behave themselves (or else, get chucked out and told never to come back again- sounds like the insurance salesmen of times gone by)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:I live in Britain, but I am Japanese....

If people are allowed to say whatever they felt like, the world would be a an unpleasant place.
And Earl, I like your comparison of this website as a 'home' (Yes I am being overly nostalgic about the Japan past) where guests are expected to behave themselves (or else, get chucked out and told never to come back again- sounds like the insurance salesmen of times gone by)
Ah, okay. I thought so. For a non-native speaker, your English is absolutely excellent. I'd even go so far to say it's better than mine...

Well, we do give our more abusive guests quite a lot of leniency on here. You'd be surprised how far we've let some of them go. Check out posts by a certain user called Samdaman. I don't know how long he'd last on any other internet forum with such an attitude towards the board members and admins but nowhere near as long as he did on here, I'm sure...

Sometimes this forum has gained a bit of a reputation as somewhat of a playground based on how many trolls and jocks we get posting on here. Some of us find it fun to challenge and break down their feeble arguments. But people like Drew are just forum pests. His posts were all just stupid. At least Nick, another somewhat disliked member on here, provided some points for discussion and didn't just mindlessly spam. But after 200 posts of his he had his rank changed to SPAMMER and was banned that evening. I guess there was just little way of knowing what he really thought of this site.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Well, my retort would be being melodramatic and megalomaniacal,
"Let it be a playground! No! Let it be a battlefield! The GLORIOUS battle of words shall with no difference crush all those who challenge us! Our valour will be unmatched, our mind peerless, our strength second to none, and our loyalty as deep as the ocean!

Our acts shall live down history as our rising, our call to arms! Our countless victories that shall be inherited will know this time as our birth!

They try to dirty us, discredit us. In return, we stamp them into the mud known as shame. We draw their blood known as their integrity. We give them pain known as enlightenment. What can they give in return? The mud they stamp us in is known as glory. The blood we let is known as mercy. The pain they give us is known as righteous fury.

There are many of them, but each of our convictions are equal to a million of them! Our hearts are our fortress, our mouths are our bullets, our minds are our generals. Their hearts are paper, their mouths incoherent, their minds empty. What have we to fear? None!

This is war, I love this war. So one sided, the outcome so decided, but they still come at us. They spit in our face, for that is the only thing they can do.

Glory be to us."

(Tell me, and I will edit this speech to make it more glorious)
Earl

Post by Earl »

You're more eloquent than I. A speech writer, I am not.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
The Imperialist

Well, one of my aims is to become a politician in Japan (to wake the people up, and to slap them out of their complacency) and I have went through quite a lot of 'great speeches' to verse myself (I still sound a little bit overexcited and cheap, but I guess it will come with experience in the real world). No matter what people say, to fan excitement and emotion, Hitler's speeches (and how he conveys the speeches) is still unmatched.

Imagine somebody with the oratory skill of Hitler coming into this world now. He will easily take any country into his grasp (assuming it is a 'he'). Especially Japan. I still believe that in this day and age, people are still overwhelmed by emotion (look at the piece of rubbish Avatart was- boohoo. Not) and until people as a whole mature, I believe that one must take advantage of the weakness still shown by the masses. (This is when even a nerd can influence a jock- give them a few bombastic speeches and they are all over you)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, I did think your speech was very impressive, and certainly more astounding in its tone than anything I could muster, but unfortunately, I don't think it would draw a fearful response from any future flamers this forum may get. Unfortunately, the way I see it, they do not care a single bit about gracious language and eloquence. They'd just laugh at any "speeches" made against them, like it was a real war. When there is no way to get through to them, I feel those being attacked should just fight fire with fire. Basically, swearing, insulting and mocking them back.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

I prefer to use war (propaganda) like rherotic, or just simple logical arguements. The former because it just amuses me when I read lines of the opponent, as usually, their response becomes simpler whenever I write a grandeose speech against them. It shows how Hitlerian speech does to the enemy (who is not too sophisticated). (Even if it was just read)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

If we want to insult the sports bores effectively we need to speak in a way they can understand. Basically, use as few capital letters as possible, abbreviate whenever you can and make sure to use words such as your/you're their/they're/there in incorrect ways. So, the ideal response to them should go something like this:

hahahaha your such a gay cos ur sports suck!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Yes, but that is insulting our intelligence.
By writing grandeose speeches (or a long essay), they degenerate further for some reason. Therefore, we can actually lower their response, effectively giving us victory.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

i_like_1981 wrote:Basically, use as few capital letters as possible
I retract this statement. I mean, it's in the sports bore's nature to be loud and brash, right? Keen on shouting and being a loudmouthed goon; trying to gain all the attention they can wherever they are. And so how are they going to try and emulate this on the internet? By means of typing in nothing BUT capital letters!
We did have a sports bore on here doing that once, by the name of mike_the_pain_train, the moronic fuckwit that he was and probably still is (he posted a few months before I came here but nonetheless, his daft posts remain for all to see and laugh at). But then again, he might well be fake, a suspicion which has been raised numerous times. Still, this is the sports bore's way of trying to make his idiotic presence seem more important and noticeable - TYPE IN ALL-CAPS!
Yes, so I shall rephrase that quoted statement: Use either no capital letters or NOTHING BUT THEM!
I hope this clears that matter up.

Best regards,
i_like_1981