Sports Clothing etc.

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: Sports Clothing etc.

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:(Fat Man will probably have a rabid, raging fit if he ever sees anybody who will try to say that 'Ooooh, sports clothing aren't that bad', but then I am inclined to side with him for most of his rage.)
What suddenly made you decide to say that out of the blue? Fat Man hasn't posted in this thread yet. I don't agree with many of the extreme comments he makes but I don't call him out on threads he's not even passed his opinion on yet.
The Imperialist wrote:And people in this forum have had bad experiences with sports fan/jocks, so we will have negative stereotypes for people who wear 'sporty' clothes.
I personally think you should get to know the person first before you start judging them in any way. If they are a complete obnoxious bastard wrapped in a jersey then by all means, hammer the stereotype on. But it's not necessarily fair when that person has shown they've not fit the stereotype of "jock" yet are having it applied to them anyways.

A lot of top clothing brands here in Britain, like Adidas and Nike, have sporting connections as well. Doesn't necessarily mean the wearer themselves is a sporty person.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

I know what you mean, but I did not actually say that all of them are like that. I was just saying that we (to whoever this may apply to) may be inclined to take defensive stances aganst those who wear 'sports clothing' aside from wearing it for convieniences (financial, etc.).
Snesgamer

Post by Snesgamer »

It's for reasons like the ones mentioned in this topic that I tend to go about in plain, non-logoed/designed (albeit nice-looking) clothes. Even if I manage to look a little plain, at least it lessens the chances of being prematurely judged just by my clothing.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

The Imperialist wrote:(Fat Man will probably have a rabid, raging fit if he ever sees anybody who will try to say that 'Ooooh, sports clothing aren't that bad', but then I am inclined to side with him for most of his rage.)
I really don't give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell what people wear! OK?

Although I don't care to wear T-shirts with football team logos on them, I'm not going to stab somebody in the chest just because he wears a T-shirt that says Dallas Cowboys or Houston Oilers or UTEP Miners on it.

Yeah! That actually happens! I read recently where some guy was stabbed to death by a rabid sports fan for wearing the "wrong" shirt. It was mentioned here in one of our forum topics.

Now, I don't like wearing dark colors especially during the long hot summers.

I like to wear light blues or light grays. I don't like long pants, and I prefer wearing shorts, and my favorite shirts have horizontal stripes.

In the past, some people have criticized me for what I like to wear. I've been told, because I'm fat, that we fat people should wear dark colors, long sleeved shirts, and no shorts but long pants only, and that I shouldn't be wearing shorts because of my fat legs, or that I shouldn't be wearing shirts with horizontal strips because it makes me look shorter and fatter.

Hey! That's why I like to wear shirts with horizontal strips and wear shorts! Because and I like showing off my fat legs. My fat legs kick ass!!!

I like being fat! Not merely accepting it, but actually liking it!

Anyway . . . . .

I don't give a tinker's damn what other people wear, and I wear what I like to wear.

And you can take that to the bank!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Houston Oilers have been defunct for 15 years now lol. They're the Tennessee Titans now.

Houston's team is the Houston Texans.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:Houston Oilers have been defunct for 15 years now lol. They're the Tennessee Titans now.

Houston's team is the Houston Texans.
That just proves that I really don't know jack-shit about sports.

But then, I don't give a shit about sports!

Thanks for the useful bit of information.

Now I can use that to program a computer, or launch a space craft, or cure cancer or diabetes, or build my time machine.

YEAH RIGHT!

Like, I really give a flying fuck!

PS

Please everyone!

If in the future, I make a mistake about the names of sports teams or in what cities they are located, please don't correct me, because I really don't want to know. OK?

Just let me remain in my state of blissful ignorance when it comes to sports.

I mean, really! We have allowed jocks and sports fans to remain in ever blissful ignorance on how to read beyond the second grade level, how to spell and use proper grammar, and how to act like human beings and not rape their wives, and not beat their kids, and not having sex with farm animals.

If anybody needs correcting, it's the jocks and sports fans.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Well that was unpleasant.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Jerry McGuire wrote:Well that was unpleasant.
Thank you!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

I don't need correcting with anything, thank you very much.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:I don't need correcting with anything, thank you very much.
And neither do I.

I don't give damn if the Houston Oilers now call themselves the Texas Turkey Trots or the Tennessee Tit Suckers. They can call themselves anything they like.

And I will call them anything I like.

And that is . . . . .

The moronic pre-frontally lobotomized monkey-boys who rape our women and get free cars and paid millions of dollars just for chasing balls.

OK?

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Jerry McGuire wrote:Well that was unpleasant.
Well, maybe you should check the name of the forum... SPORTS SUCK... not the sort of place where accurate sports information is rife. I admit that quite often, I generalise people who like sports, because I'd say there are more than a few who do give quite a bad name to the decent ones. And most fans do have a tendency to overreact when their team loses, like spending the rest of the day depressed and mopey even though the team losing has absolutely no bearing on their own life whatsoever. I just don't understand how something as trivial and seemingly enjoyable as spectator sports that a person has no effect over can have so much effect over them.

And Fat Man, I saw your response to the idiotic comment left by "JIM" on the Guestbook recently. What a total dolt that guy is. He puts down people who did great things for the technological world because they weren't exactly the most popular people around? This guy really should be thrown into a cave and sealed up alive in there seeing as how he mocks the people who gave the world its most needed technology today. What these stupid pricks don't realise is that often the best and most inventive brains lie in the heads of these "social retards" and not the sheeple, who just do what everyone else does because everyone else is doing it. How admirable. Shame that most people nowadays are too gutless to stand out from the crowd.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

There's a difference between thinking sports suck and labeling athletes as rapists, abusive, and illiterate, all while hurling racial slurs.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Jerry McGuire wrote:There's a difference between thinking sports suck and labeling athletes as rapists, abusive, and illiterate, all while hurling racial slurs.
I don't recall hearing any racial slurs being used round here. On which thread did this happen? Or am I once again missing the key information?

And I should inform you that several members of England's national football squad this year have proved themselves to be unfaithful to their partners. Over the last few days I've been hearing in the news about how Wayne Rooney, one of "our" top strikers, has had his marriage put in the tank as he's been paying some prostitute £1,200 a go while his wife was pregnant. Two other players on the team have cheated on their partners as well, one of whom got divorced as a result, and one of them started screwing around with the ex of one of his teammates and his teammate went off in an 8 cylinder huff about it and refused to play on the same team as him. AND there are two other players on the England squad have been accused of cheating on their partners as well, but their identities have been protected from the general public presently. I hope that news gets out sometime.

So what's that, six of our national squad's players having caused love trouble over the last year? Is it just a coincidence that they all happen to be athletes on the most prestigious sporting team of our country?

No, I think it's because the so-called "glory" of their position in the sporting world has led them to get full of themselves and believe they are entitled to do what they want and treat women like they are just toys for their amusement. None of them showed any consideration at all for the possible consequences because for some reason, they regard themselves as being above all that. And it has well and truly bit them in the ass, because now the media and their lovers have them at their knees. These "much-loved" footballers are a load of self-centred goons who think the world and everyone in it belongs to them, and they have that mindset because the excessive hype and popularity of the sporting industry has encouraged them to believe that they are a superior class of citizen.

Sadly, Jerry, I do think that sports instil a sense of smug overconfidence and possibly even superiority complexes in those who are successful at them. And when people go through life thinking that they're better than others and that they're above the laws of the common man, it's going to get them eventually. They seem to have been blinded from normality and see life as one great big glorified game for them to play. Well, they need to learn that there are ways for them to fail as well. We're all human. We're all in line for our downfalls, so there's no use in thinking anyone's above it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Well usually the term "monkey" when talking about a person is used as a racial slur against blacks.

And I'm not denying that many professional athletes have inflated egos. In the NFL and NBA that's especially true. That's part of the reason why I like college sports better. These men have been told that they're gifted and great since around middle school. As a result, many do things that they think they're above. However, I believe that it's not the sport that makes someone classless, it's the person that makes a sport classless. Someone without respect or class will only perform negative actions when put in that environment. Like John Terry, the one you were talking about who had an affair with a teammate's wife. Or Rooney. However, I don't care about any of that because that's grocery store magazine tabloid material. Who cares what someone does in a relationship that isn't my own?In the end, it's their fault as well as society's fault for putting them on such a pedestal.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

When I refer to jocks as "monkey-boys" it's in reference to ALL jocks regardless of race.

I was born in Minnesota, and the biggest football team there was the Minnesota Vikings.

Back in the 1960s they were ALL white. At least, I don't recall seeing any black team members.

But then, I didn't give a fuck anyway!

I still referred to them as monkeys, apes, gorillas, or baboons.

Race or skin color had nothing to do with it.

If O.J. Simpson had been white instead of black, and if I had been sitting in the jury, I would have still voted guilty.

I don't care what color your skin is. White or black, if you play football, then to me you're a monkey-boy.

By the way, apes and gorillas have white skin and thin lips. If you were to shave an ape or a gorilla, you would see that the skin is white and you probable would not live to regret it.