Why I hate Capitalism! Yeah! Go Ahead And Call Me A Commie!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Why I hate Capitalism! Yeah! Go Ahead And Call Me A Commie!

Post by Fat Man »

This evening I was trying to access a web page to read an important NEWS article.

BUT NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It was covered by commercial pop-up ads, thus blocking my view of the NEWS article, and the pop-up ads did not even have the option to close any of them.

So, I can't read the article.

It's more important for capitalist PIGS to advertise their phony products and information be damned!!!

I wanted to read an educational NEWS article, but I can't due to greedy capitalist censorship with their stupid ads blocking and covering the web page.

I'm sorry, but these greedy multi-millionaires have made enough money already, they don't need to make any more.

They just need to die, and get out of my way so I can read educational articles with useful information.

Also, all jocks should have died a long time ago and gotten out of my way so that I could have received a decent education in school.

My being able to read NEWS articles or get a decent education is far more important than all of their worthless petty little lives put together!

That's why I hate capitalism, so go ahead and call me a Commie!

See! I'm ever wearing my cute furry Commie hat! Isn't it neat!!!

End of story!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Re: Why I hate Capitalism! Yeah! Go Ahead And Call Me A Comm

Post by Earl »

Do people say "the die is cast" or "the DIE! DIE! DIE! is cast"?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Do people say "the die is cast" or "the DIE! DIE! DIE! is cast"?
I only want to be able to read a NEWS article, but I can't because the page is blocked with pop-up ads that can't be closed!

That's a form of censorship!

I feel like I'm getting my head bashed against a brick wall again.

BANG! BANG! BANG! GOES MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL!
BANG! BANG! BANG! GOES MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL!
AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!
THIS IS WHAT HELL IS ALL ABOUT, AND HELL IS RIGHT
HERE ON THE EARTH!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Which website is this? I'd be glad to check it out for you. Perhaps you need to register to become a member of the website in order to be able to remove the pop-ups. Just my guess.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Which website is this? I'd be glad to check it out for you. Perhaps you need to register to become a member of the website in order to be able to remove the pop-ups. Just my guess.
I subscribe to Salon so it's a web site I subscribe to.

Now in the past (up to now that is) but in the past, when there was pop-up ads there was always a little x in the corner so I could close the ad to view the web page.

But this evening, the pop-up ad did not have the option to close.

It's a new dirty trick that they're now playing on the Internet.

I don't know, but I guess I now have to be a registered Republican and pay $10,000 per month to access their NEWS articles.

OK! That was a sarcasm!

I really don't know why tonight's pop-up ads didn't have the option to close.

If it happens again, I'm going to unsubscribe to their Newsletter and tell them to go to Hell!!!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Try asking them why there are pop-up ads with no "CLOSE" X's and what you can do about them. Perhaps they are unaware of the problem. Could these pop-ups have possibly been placed there by spammers? I'm just asking out of ignorance. Good luck.

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Fat Man, You're not alone...
I went to read something on this one site, then this freaking ad for some medicine got in my way. Every time I tried to click on a link in the article, the damn popup ad got in my way and I couldn't close it. I was like "FFFFFFFFFffff..." :evil:
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

That's odd. Have you tried using a pop-up blocker, Fat Man? That's what I do. It gets rid of a lot of these irritating ads that way, if not all of them. However, sometimes when trying to open a page I want to access I have to turn off the pop-up blocker as it will automatically block anything that tries to open in a new window. Perhaps you should go to a different news site to read the article in question. If it's an important event there are probably many places where you can read an article on it.

Oh, and one more question I feel inclined to ask - how come you always type the word "news" in all-caps? I'm just curious.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Meh, there are countless of other forms of economic systems besides capitalism and communism so disagreeing with either of the two doesn't warrant an automatic assumption you support the other.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D