Funniest definition on NASCAR, ever.

Well, it attracts the same sort of I-live-through-the-accomplishments-of-others crowd so I guess it qualifies.
poopenhagen
One-post wonder

Funniest definition on NASCAR, ever.

Post by poopenhagen »

From UrbanDictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=5117098

NASCAR

See: waste of time

The most pathetic excuse for a "sport" ever invented.

NASCAR is a complete waste of time, money, gas and oil.

NASCAR contributes absolutely nothing to the American Society and the only thing that NASCAR supports are capitalism and corporations and helping the rich get richer.

NASCAR is a waste of money and everyone involved with it is wasting their lives on it rather than doing more important things like trying to finger out why we are here in the universe. See: evolution and philosophy
Unfortunately, for the ignorant, idiotic and retarded masses; Society has categorized this pointless tedious and imbecilic activity as "entertainment".

Only duller-minded people who don't know what true fun is would find NASCAR entertaining.

Basically, it's a bunch of crap and is only wasting natural resources like gas and oil.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Funniest definition on NASCAR, ever.

Post by Fat Man »

poopenhagen wrote:From UrbanDictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=5117098

NASCAR

See: waste of time

The most pathetic excuse for a "sport" ever invented.

NASCAR is a complete waste of time, money, gas and oil.

NASCAR contributes absolutely nothing to the American Society and the only thing that NASCAR supports are capitalism and corporations and helping the rich get richer.

NASCAR is a waste of money and everyone involved with it is wasting their lives on it rather than doing more important things like trying to finger out why we are here in the universe. See: evolution and philosophy
Unfortunately, for the ignorant, idiotic and retarded masses; Society has categorized this pointless tedious and imbecilic activity as "entertainment".

Only duller-minded people who don't know what true fun is would find NASCAR entertaining.

Basically, it's a bunch of crap and is only wasting natural resources like gas and oil.
Hey Poopenhagen!!!

Welcome to the forum!

I see you're interested in the Universe, and Evolution and Philosophy.

Same here!

NASCAR is the least objectionable of sports, and if you hate NASCAR so much, I can hardly wait to see what you think of football or hockey since they are even worse.

Once again, let me be the first to welcome you to our forum!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

For me, the worst thing about NASCAR racing are the rednecks I see wearing their merchandise, especially the HATS. And there are quite a bit of them in Ohio... ugh.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hello, Poopenhagen. I like your username. :D

Over here in Britain we don't have this NASCAR, but we do have something rather close to it - the Grand Prix. It's not really British as such, more of a European event. I'm not really interested in it either but it'd make a favourable alternative to football. Anything but football!

And how did I forget to mention Formula One?

Well, I don't hate these motor-racing sports as much as football or rugby as the players and fans don't seem to have the brutal, thuggish tendencies that many of the fans of the aforementioned two sports do. It's mostly the football and rugby fans and players that get into trouble the most over here. I rarely hear news about Formula One or Grand Prix riots or drivers being arrested for some reason. The F1 and Grand Prix drivers seem to have more class than your average rugby or football player.

But we don't have NASCAR here in Britain. I guess you must think we're lucky. But I personally don't find these motor sports as bad as the ones involving men, a ball and a field. Motor sports lack the thuggery and insane hype which is typical of sports like football.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

I wouldn't mind NASCAR if there were more to it than turning left.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Safety wrote:I wouldn't mind NASCAR if there were more to it than turning left.

Or if they didn't show it on TV. Or didn't have so many brain-dead fans (OK, I guess that's kind of redundant). Or it didn't last for hours. I mean really, you'd think after the third or fourth time around the track most people would start getting bored and looking elsewhere for entertainment.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

And NASCAR could stop being so dead minded, and have a more challenging course then a big oval.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

You guys do realize that not all NASCAR tracks are oval tracks, correct? Many of the courses are road courses.

Also, I notice that most of the criticism here against oval tracks is that it's the same thing over and over again. However, the same thing can still pretty much be said about road courses, because after the first lap, they are repeating the same course over again.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Safety wrote:I wouldn't mind NASCAR if there were more to it than turning left.
Oh, but they DO do more than just turn left! They... start moving! They go fast! They brake when they need to! Sometimes they even have to get their wheels changed. Or am I thinking about the Grand Prix again? I don't know exactly how this NASCAR game goes but I can make a reasoned guess.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Also, I notice that most of the criticism here against oval tracks is that it's the same thing over and over again. However, the same thing can still pretty much be said about road courses, because after the first lap, they are repeating the same course over again.
Yes, I understand that. I think the real challenge is not in the actual driving but maintaining a good position over quite a long period of racing time and overtaking the other cars at the right moment. And I think another challenge for the drivers is not allowing the repetitive course of the race to cause them to become complacent, but to keep concentrating at all times and not slip up. I can see the challenges involved in it but I don't see why people would pay to see it. After all, standing in one place they'll only see the cars come past once a lap. Doesn't really justify an enormous ticket price.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

i_like_1981 wrote: After all, standing in one place they'll only see the cars come past once a lap. Doesn't really justify an enormous ticket price.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Agreed. If I wanted to see a race I'd rather play it in a video game and NO, to anyone who asks, I don't think a race is worth the risk losing my life over.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:You guys do realize that not all NASCAR tracks are oval tracks, correct? Many of the courses are road courses.

Also, I notice that most of the criticism here against oval tracks is that it's the same thing over and over again. However, the same thing can still pretty much be said about road courses, because after the first lap, they are repeating the same course over again.
Thanks for the info, but I'm think most of us here have not become any more interested in it at all no matter complex it may really be. Snores*
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Indurrago wrote:Thanks for the info, but I'm think most of us here have not become any more interested in it at all no matter complex it may really be. Snores*
Well, if there's a sport that HugeFanOfBadReligion has some regard for above the others, he can have that opinion. I've noticed that NASCAR doesn't seem to catch as much heat on here as the rougher sports like football and hockey. Probably because there's a lower rate of crime among NASCAR players than football players? (I don't know this for sure - if someone wants to prove or disprove it, go ahead - it's just my gut feeling.) Maybe because the sport doesn't involve inflicting blows on other people (after all, hitting someone else's car in any racing game is definitely frowned upon) and gaining credit for this? The way I see it, NASCAR and other car racing sports don't seem to influence as much thuggery as the contact sports and I suppose I've got to give it that.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Indurrago wrote:Thanks for the info, but I'm think most of us here have not become any more interested in it at all no matter complex it may really be. Snores*
Well, if there's a sport that HugeFanOfBadReligion has some regard for above the others, he can have that opinion. I've noticed that NASCAR doesn't seem to catch as much heat on here as the rougher sports like football and hockey. Probably because there's a lower rate of crime among NASCAR players than football players? (I don't know this for sure - if someone wants to prove or disprove it, go ahead - it's just my gut feeling.) Maybe because the sport doesn't involve inflicting blows on other people (after all, hitting someone else's car in any racing game is definitely frowned upon) and gaining credit for this? The way I see it, NASCAR and other car racing sports don't seem to influence as much thuggery as the contact sports and I suppose I've got to give it that.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Yeah, and the motor jocks are much smarter than regular jock jocks!

You have to be, in order to understand mechanics. Yes, the professional drivers do have a staff of mechanics working on their race cars, but the drivers themselves also like to work on their own cars, especially during the off season, and they also like to make modifications to improve engine performance, and quite often, they come up with new innovations which eventually goes to improving the family car.

So, a lot of research is done by NASCAR drivers, and I have more respect for the motor jocks, boring as the sport my be to watch.

Now, Motocross, dirt bike racing is a lot more fun to watch!

I love motorcycles!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I certainly don't like NASCAR, and if I ever watch a few minutes of it, it's out of respect for my father when he is watching it. I've noticed a large tendency if NASCAR fans to be stereotypical rednecks, however I recognize the challenge that the drivers and his team face, and certainly not all NASCAR fans are idiotic hillbillies, as my father is a NASCAR fan, and he's no idiot. I just think it's an overstatement to say that all they do is drive around in circles. Yes, they do drive around on oval tracks most of the time, however there are also mechanical challenges to be faced, and it certainly isn't easy to maintain control and technique at those speeds.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
ChrisOH

Re: Funniest definition on NASCAR ever

Post by ChrisOH »

bluessuct wrote:Nascar Scene June 18th issue, has the boy on the cover with the main story being about Sadler and how his racing days are numbered. A great artical and story from a fellow expert that echos the same FACTS that many of us experts and those who know the sport have known for years
Ahhhh....nothing like some good Spammer Grammer to start the day!

Bluessuct, you might have noticed this is an ANTI-sports forum. Now...why would you think most folks here would care about an "artical" (sic) promoting a sport or an athlete? Just curious there....

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame ya...

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I wouldn't start laughing too hard at him, ChrisOH... after all, he's an expert! I think we should let him have a further say... oh, wait. :lol:

Best regards,
i_like_1981