The "I will be away for a while" thread

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
i_like_1981

Re: The "I will be away for a while" thread

Post by i_like_1981 »

recovering_fan wrote: Okay, just so you know: for Fat Man, the "civil war" isn't over. He is now attacking the Imperialist, Jerry McGuire, the Republicans, AND me--having now reached a détente with Wibberley. I am truly sorry I ever lumped you in together with him, by accusing you of coddling him. Please don't listen to him when he mentions that you are "on his side." Believe me, that is NOT where you belong. You are are much smarter than that. :wink:

Most people just ignore what a raving lunatic says. However, people respect you for your gravitas and your circumspection. With that respect comes a great deal of responsibility not to support people who engage in unprovoked rants against everyone and everything.
Well, thanks for that. I do accept the apology. But I don't recall Fat Man having actually insulted you yet as in calling you a moron or anything like that. I believe he was only retaliating to your own initial attacks. I don't want to take sides here or "coddle" anyone, but are you not surprised that he may have been angry at your posts?

I'm not on Fat Man's side on all the issues, especially with The Imperialist. However, we do agree on some issues, especially when it comes to people just standing aside while bullying is happening and letting it go on without any action or defence on their part. Please understand that when I agree with him on something, I'm not necessarily "encouraging" him to make more hateful remarks. This is a debating forum. Of course we'll have agreements, but we'll also have disagreements.

I like to get involved with all issues when I can, because I have myself down as a regular member of this forum. But when it comes to issues like the Republicans (who I believe are the American equivalent of our British Conservative Party), there ain't much I can say as those issues are aimed at Americans and I, of course, am British, so I won't get involved with things like that. I don't class Fat Man as a "raving lunatic", as although he goes over the top on occasion, he does try to give reasons for his opinions and on certain issues, he does speak what I regard to be a fair argument. I don't say this for his personal attacks on people, but for certain issues we have discussed. Just because I agree with him on an issue every now and again does not mean I am "coddling him" or "encouraging him to hate".

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

In response to I_like_1981:

Thanks! :)

Yes, I admit that sometimes I do go over the top, but I have always been very passionate on a lot of issues.

I do have difficulty controlling my emotions and sometimes when I'm pissed off about something, I can't resist the urge to let loose.

I especially feel very strongly on political issues. I was only in the 3rd grade when I checked out my first book from the public library about the Inquisition, after having read an astronomy book about Galileo.

Yeah, I guess the Conservative Party in England where you live is sort of like our Republican Party here in the USA.

But I notice, that there doesn't seem to be as much controversy over the issue of science and religion as there is here in the USA.

I haven't heard of any attempts in the UK to insert Creationism into high school science textbooks as we have here in America.

At least, not to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm sorry to say, I don't have any great love for our Republican Party.

Actually, I'm not sorry!

The American Republican Party has worked diligently to earn my deepest contempt, and they haven't disappointed me yet on that score!

They're a never-ending source of entertainment, always giving me something to bitch about!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Fat Man wrote:In response to I_like_1981:

Thanks! :)

Yes, I admit that sometimes I do go over the top, but I have always been very passionate on a lot of issues.

I do have difficulty controlling my emotions and sometimes when I'm pissed off about something, I can't resist the urge to let loose.

I especially feel very strongly on political issues. I was only in the 3rd grade when I checked out my first book from the public library about the Inquisition, after having read an astronomy book about Galileo.

Yeah, I guess the Conservative Party in England where you live is sort of like our Republican Party here in the USA.

But I notice, that there doesn't seem to be as much controversy over the issue of science and religion as there is here in the USA.

I haven't heard of any attempts in the UK to insert Creationism into high school science textbooks as we have here in America.

At least, not to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm sorry to say, I don't have any great love for our Republican Party.

Actually, I'm not sorry!

The American Republican Party has worked diligently to earn my deepest contempt, and they haven't disappointed me yet on that score!

They're a never-ending source of entertainment, always giving me something to bitch about!
The Conservatives are similar to the Blue Dog/Olympia Snowe. They are economically conservative (though Cameron said he wanted to protect the NHS and Education-but we'll see how that turns out.) They are more socially liberal than the Republicans (they have no issues over state funded abortion or openly gay people serving in the military-which is quite a way from Thatcher and the Section 28 philosophy in the 80s.)

As for religion in schools, there is no mention of creationism in Biology. Though there are mandatory R.E. lessons, where by law teachers are forced to inform pupils about religions all over the world (this also includes Atheism). Also by law pupils have led in prayer once a week (but this is not really enforced).
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Lewis wrote:Also by law pupils have led in prayer once a week (but this is not really enforced).
Do you mean that pupils in schools have to pray in assemblies once every week? I don't remember this being the case at any school I went to. Since when has this been a guideline? Although you do mention that it's not really enforced so that's probably why I can't remember it happening.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

1300 POSTS! EXCELLENT!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Lewis wrote:Also by law pupils have led in prayer once a week (but this is not really enforced).
Do you mean that pupils in schools have to pray in assemblies once every week? I don't remember this being the case at any school I went to. Since when has this been a guideline? Although you do mention that it's not really enforced so that's probably why I can't remember it happening.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

1300 POSTS! EXCELLENT!
Congrats on 1300 posts 1981! Yes, schools have to hold prayers but it is rarely enforced, its like the no mince pies on Christmas day law.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey I_like_1981!!!

Congratulation on your 1,300th forum post! :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

1300 POSTS! EXCELLENT!
I join FM in saying ...
Congratulations, i_like_1981!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Yes, congratulations i_like_1981... :wink:

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, thanks for the congratulations, everybody. I didn't mean to draw attention away from more relevant issues on this thread but it has been a long standing tradition of mine, to make some form of exclamative sentence in big letters at the bottom of every 100th post I make. Don't let yourselves get too enticed away from more important issues by it. Thank you all, anyway.

And now I'll get to the point - I shall not be online from the 23rd to the 26th December as I'm going up north to my parents' house to spend the main days of Christmas there. So apologies if I miss anything important. I'll definitely make sure to catch up with it and pass my opinions when I'm back. Knowing my luck I'll miss something very significant indeed. So yeah, I'm just telling you all in advance. I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:Well, thanks for the congratulations, everybody. I didn't mean to draw attention away from more relevant issues on this thread but it has been a long standing tradition of mine, to make some form of exclamative sentence in big letters at the bottom of every 100th post I make. Don't let yourselves get too enticed away from more important issues by it. Thank you all, anyway.

And now I'll get to the point - I shall not be online from the 23rd to the 26th December as I'm going up north to my parents' house to spend the main days of Christmas there. So apologies if I miss anything important. I'll definitely make sure to catch up with it and pass my opinions when I'm back. Knowing my luck I'll miss something very significant indeed. So yeah, I'm just telling you all in advance. I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I hope you have a great time!

It's nice to have family during the holiday seasons.

Although I don't celebrate Christmas anymore, well . . .

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thank you very much, Fat Man. It was a very good time, and I hope you've all had fun at Christmas as well. Now we need to wait for the next one to come around... only 364 days to go! Yeah, we'd better get stocked up on turkeys and sprouts again sometime soon, eh? :lol:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Seedgened

Rite Aid Nightime Cold Medicine

Post by Seedgened »

Clever Drug Free
Ambien is preferred to many other medications of this nature because it usually begins working within 15 minutes, and has a short half life of just two to three hours so the patient will be able to get out of bed easily after sleep induced by the medication.
buying ambien online
Seedgened

Maryland Journal Of Medicine

Post by Seedgened »

Medicines Containing Monoaminexidase Inhibitors order zolpidem
Brand and generic Ambien available! 20% off! No prescription!
buy ambien online without prescription
Seedgened

Icd Code For Medication Monitoring

Post by Seedgened »

Dangerous Drugs California Law Enforcement
Order low cost Ambien (Zolpidem) medication at one of reliable online pharmacies.
order zolpidem online
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Re: Maryland Journal Of Medicine

Post by Fat Man »

Ah! I see we have another spammer here! Eh?
Seedgened wrote:Clever Drug Free
Ambien is preferred to many other medications of this nature because it usually begins working within 15 minutes, and has a short half life of just two to three hours so the patient will be able to get out of bed easily after sleep induced by the medication.
buying ambien online
Uh huh! We have us a spammer!
Seedgened wrote:Medicines Containing Monoaminexidase Inhibitors
Brand and generic Ambien available! 20% off! No prescription!
buy ambien online without prescription
Hey dip-shit!!!

This is titled The "I will be away for a while" thread

But if you have come here to spam the forums, then you're going to get banned.

And then, you'll be away for keeps!

Ya got that? JIMBO!!!!