The "I will be away for a while" thread

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
The Imperialist

The "I will be away for a while" thread

Post by The Imperialist »

As it says on the tin.

Well, I will be away for two weeks and a bit, starting tomorrow, so, well. (But I am still hurt by the fact that Fat Man called me an enemy.)
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: The "I will be away for a while" thread

Post by Fat Man »

The Imperialist wrote:As it says on the tin.

Well, I will be away for two weeks and a bit, starting tomorrow, so, well. (But I am still hurt by the fact that Fat Man called me an enemy.)
It's because you had said . . . . .
Well, my belief is that this 'spying' is perfectly justifyable, as long as it has no sexual reasons whatsoever, and it was done in the interest of keeping society safer.
How does spying on children in their own homes help to keeps society safer?

I don't know what it's like wherever the fucking Hell you come from, but here in the USA, most of us Americans, that is, most of us intelligent Americans believe in the right to privacy in our own homes.

It's only the morons like jocks, and religious people like evangelists, and conservative Republicans, and morons like you who don't believe in civil rights and that it's OK to spy on us in our own homes to protect their greedy and selfish interests.

So, you crossed the line with me!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

The Imperialist

Well,

a) They have taken this civil liberties thing too far in my view, because people use it as a excuse to let criminals off lightly (as shown by crime rate that peaked during the civil rights movement and slightly afterwards as the police were pressured to stop capturing criminals because it was 'harsh' on people)

b) I think you know that my philosophy is based upon social alturism, and the increased power of the state, assuming that is is alturistic as realistically it can go. I believe in the power of the state, not of private corporations (so I am not a Republican) because I still believe that there should be laws that limit powers of private corporations because a lot of them have done more harm to society. (Michael Moore makes a very good case about this) Essentially, I put the greater society and the State before the individual (this doesn't mean one cannot have individuality; it is just that people should stop claiming individuality when in fact they have none) but in the hopes that true individuality that couples itself with a minimum amount of alturism and patriotism towards the State will actually foster responsible individualism that doesn't harm other individuals that make up society, where the society is both the servant and master of the State.

c) I do not trust the rhetoric 'children are infact harmless below the age of 16/17/18/19/20' because I know from my own experience, and they are more harmful because they do not understand the meaning of responsbility. (applies to adults also, but children even more so). Keeping an eye on children, is making sure that they do not step out of line (that harms society) and making them know to keep in line, will mean that when they are adults, they will keep in line. One of the many reasons criminals are criminals, is because they were given no restraint on certain things (drugs, stealing, killing etc.) while they were children. The process of becoming adults is the culmination of things that is essentially taught to them (that is why I see education as on par with brainwashing and political indocrination) so one might as well as keep an eye on them so they do not transgress the law. And desirable order within society. Restraint is needed even on children. (Jocks have no restraing or self-control; this is due to them being not properly restraint, and taught, therefore it is imperative that children are taught properly, and given the restraing in the world where proper parenting has diminished; however, I am proud to say that I was born in a family that upholds PROPER traditional values of Right, and based their teachings upon the basic notion of honour)

d) I believe that one can go through pictures without having any sexual feelings attached, because I can attest to myself as being devoid (mostly due to self control) of sexual drive.

e) If they were found to be misusing their position, if I was in position of power, I will make sure that they are sorry. In VARIOUS different ways.

f) I come from the part of hell, known as Righteous Fury and that sphere of hell that houses the angry (reference to Inferno).
Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:
The Imperialist wrote:As it says on the tin.

It's because you had said . . . . .
Well, my belief is that this 'spying' is perfectly justifyable, as long as it has no sexual reasons whatsoever, and it was done in the interest of keeping society safer.

How does spying on children in their own homes help to keeps society safer?

I don't know what it's like wherever the fucking Hell you come from, but here in the USA, most of us Americans, that is, most of us intelligent Americans believe in the right to privacy in our own homes.

It's only the morons like jocks, and religious people like evangelists, and conservative Republicans, and morons like you who don't believe in civil rights and that it's OK to spy on us in our own homes to protect their greedy and selfish interests.

So, you crossed the line with me!
Aw, c'mon, Fat Man. What's the big deal? This is just a ranting board, not the halls of Congress; and The Imperialist is just expressing his opinion. Does it matter any in the scheme of things? No, it doesn't. Insofar as effecting social change in the United States is concerned, what influence does The Imperialist have? Absolutely none. Is The Imperialist a policy maker in our nation's capital? No, he isn't. He's just the British equivalent of a high-school student from Japan (and I don't mean to imply any disrespect here).

I'm not saying that you shouldn't disagree with him. You should have the courage to speak out. (Actually, I don't think this is a problem you have. You're not exactly reticent. :lol: ) One can effectively refute someone else without being rude or insulting about it. Besides, unless I'm mistaken, the forum rules say to not engage in name-calling.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

This is a good idea for a thread. I felt inclined to post here as I've not been on this weekend for a certain reason which I'll explain now.

This thread can also be used to explain reasons for why a user hasn't been on in a while and what they've been doing in the meantime. If they want to tell us. Just a suggestion.

Anyways, I've been somewhat ill over the weekend and have hardly been able to eat a thing. I must have spent about 16 hours in bed yesterday and have only just got up about 15 minutes ago today. So I've not been able to go into work and I think my gym visit this evening is off as well. I could always do that tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

Nonetheless this forum suddenly popped into mind. I always make sure to check here at least once a day and if I get the chance during breaks at work as well. This place is always a priority of mine. I'm still not great, but hopefully by this evening I'll be able to have a full meal again.

You might wonder why I'm not able to go into work but can still find the energy to post on here. Well, I have been needing to use some of the days off that I'm allowed. But it's always good to have a legitimate reason to have a day off and not "Oh, I can't be bothered." This is my legitimate reason.

Anyways, good to be back. I see I've missed quite a lot so I'll catch up with some of the topics now. And I see the 4channers have got back to the Guestbook with their usual brand of solid, indisputable arguments. My my, how hard it'll be to break that one down. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:This is a good idea for a thread. I felt inclined to post here as I've not been on this weekend for a certain reason which I'll explain now.

This thread can also be used to explain reasons for why a user hasn't been on in a while and what they've been doing in the meantime. If they want to tell us. Just a suggestion.

Anyways, I've been somewhat ill over the weekend and have hardly been able to eat a thing. I must have spent about 16 hours in bed yesterday and have only just got up about 15 minutes ago today. So I've not been able to go into work and I think my gym visit this evening is off as well. I could always do that tomorrow if I'm feeling better.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Hope you get well soon.

One of my broken teeth fell out last night, and now I have a sharp spike that keeps biting the tip of my tongue.

And my Medicaid/Medicare does not cover dental work in Texas for anyone over 18 years old.

Texas does not believe in dental health.

But then, Texas doesn't believe in science anymore.

Texas believes only in creationist fairy tales. So, if I want the pain to go away, I guess I'll just have to look for a faith healer (sarcasm) in which I don't believe.

Texas is an asshole fucking backwards redneck state!

Anyway . . . . .

I hope you get well soon.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thanks, Fat Man. Sorry to hear that you're having problems with more broken teeth. Do you actually not have any dentists in your area that could help you with your problem? Or do they charge extortionate prices for their work? I always thought that America was a heck of a lot cheaper than Britain but as I've never been, I wouldn't have much of an idea how the health service worked over there. Is there no possible way you can have treatment done on the broken teeth?

I see you're coming down hard on The Imperialist. I myself can't say that he's a moron. In fact, he's the exact opposite. I've read his posts on this site and he seems to have a vast amount to say on near enough every topic. I wish we had more people like him over in Britain who aren't complete and utter morons who are only interested in going to parties, getting drunk and having promiscuous, unprotected sex. Sadly today's British youth are a most materialistic bunch. All they want is more, more, more and they don't want to have to work for it. They certainly don't have the debating skills, eloquence and resistance to herd influence the Imperialist has. We need more members like that.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:Thanks, Fat Man. Sorry to hear that you're having problems with more broken teeth. Do you actually not have any dentists in your area that could help you with your problem? Or do they charge extortionate prices for their work? I always thought that America was a heck of a lot cheaper than Britain but as I've never been, I wouldn't have much of an idea how the health service worked over there. Is there no possible way you can have treatment done on the broken teeth?

I see you're coming down hard on The Imperialist. I myself can't say that he's a moron. In fact, he's the exact opposite. I've read his posts on this site and he seems to have a vast amount to say on near enough every topic. I wish we had more people like him over in Britain who aren't complete and utter morons who are only interested in going to parties, getting drunk and having promiscuous, unprotected sex. Sadly today's British youth are a most materialistic bunch. All they want is more, more, more and they don't want to have to work for it. They certainly don't have the debating skills, eloquence and resistance to herd influence the Imperialist has. We need more members like that.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Yeah, we have dentists, but they charge far more than I can afford.

My Medicaid/Medicare covers a lot of things except dentistry.

It use to cover eyeglasses, but not any more.

That's because in Texas, they don't want us to be able to read books!

As for Imperialist, well . . . . . I'm pissed off at him because he said . . .
And it's justifiable and NOT justifyable! He needs to learn how to spell.

I fail to see how spying on kids in their own homes keeps society safer.

We are a society of sniveling cowards if we fear children so much that we feel the need to spy on them in their own homes.

But it's understandable I guess.

Now when I think back on it, when I was a kid a lot of people were probably scared to death of me.

My mother taught me how to read and write before I started going to school, and as I have said many many many times before in these forums, when I was only in the 3rd grade, I was already reading at the high school and adult level, and when I was 13 years old I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test.

Science has always been my favorite subject, especially Astronomy, and when I was only in the third grade, I had read so much that I knew about how Galileo was persecuted by the Inquisition, and about Bruno Giordano being burned at the stake in 1600 because he support the Heliocentric Theory of the solar system by Copernicus, and he even took it further saying that the stars are actually distant suns with their own planetary systems, and that there could be intelligent life on some of those distant planets. For that, he was burned at the stake.

When I was just a kid, I knew that the universe is billions of years old, so even back then I could not buy into the creationist fairy tales of the universe being created in only 6 days or the earth being only 6000 years old. Even as a kid in grade school, I couldn't buy into creationist fairy tales.

So, I guess I was a really scary kid because I knew too much for one so young. That's probably why my 5th grade teacher would not allow me to check out any more Astronomy books from the school library, and why he enjoyed humiliating me in the gymnasium and why he bashed my head against the corner of a concrete block wall.

He wanted to beat some of the smarts out of me. I guess he was trying to save my soul or something.

Physical education, PE, was all about building up the body while tearing down the mind, and my teacher wanted to save my soul by trying to destroy my mind.

Yeah! I was one very dangerous kid, a threat to society because I knew too much.

Well, I don't want my soul saved!

I don't want to go to heaven and be with total jerks like Jerry Falwell. And if Pat Roberson is going to heaven, I certainly don't want to be there.

I want to go straight to fucking Hell and be with Copernicus, Galileo, Bruno Giordano, Johannes Kepler, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, and Carl Sagan.

I'M EVIL! I'M DANGEROUS!

MMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So, I guess Imperialist was right!

I needed to be beaten down when I was a kid to keep society safe from the likes of me!

Yeah! Society is much saver now, having people like me beaten down and having my face rubbed in the dirt, while we allow the jocks to go around unpunished after raping our women.

Uh huh! Yeah! I feel much safer now!

Yes, I'm all fuck up in the head.

But I feel much safer.
Last edited by Fat Man on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

While I realize that The Imperialist is an intelligent member of this site who has contributed to the forum with his posts, I must agree with Fat Man on this issue. It is unjustifiable to spy on children in the privacy of their own homes, especially without the knowledge and consent of anyone, and especially when so many pictures were taken when the laptops weren't even stolen.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:While I realize that The Imperialist is an intelligent member of this site who has contributed to the forum with his posts, I must agree with Fat Man on this issue. It is unjustifiable to spy on children in the privacy of their own homes, especially without the knowledge and consent of anyone, and especially when so many pictures were taken when the laptops weren't even stolen.
Thank you very much.

You know, the name Imperialist actually made me feel uncomfortable.

I don't believe in Imperialism, and I don't believe in Monarchies.

Those are both old hat. They're dinosaurs!

I believe in Democracy. Freedom for all, even for idiots!

But unfortunately, we have some right-wing whack-jobs who wish to turn the USA into a Theocracy.

If that ever happens, I will take up arms against my own Government.

Hey boys and girls!

Can you say Militia???

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I too am against monarchism (and obviously imperialism). I believe I discussed this in another thread. I'm fine if a country has it's own monarch as long as there isn't too much literal power if the citizens have no say who the monarch is. However in a country like mine, Canada, our head of state is the Queen of England. I thought we became our own country a century and a half ago. I know her power is mainly symbolic, however I feel like it's a slap in the face to call us an independent country when our head of state is the monarch of another country. Even when the Queen isn't paying attention to Canada (which is the vast majority of the time), we have our Governor General who we don't elect either. According to the Democracy Index from the Economist, we are the ninth most democratic nation in the world, however we can't even elect our head of state. If we had no monarch and no governor general, I could see our ranking as it is, however the head of state means the number one in power, the CEO, the executive, the boss of the nation. Even if she really doesn't have power, she still has that title which almost offends me. I'm no fan of our current prime minister, but apparently more people (but not most because we have a multi-party electoral process, and the Conservative party did not get a majority vote) prefer Stephen Harper and the Conservative Party over any other political party in Canada, so if they people want him in power, let him be in power.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
The Imperialist

(Found internet access... but will probably be offline)

I just have to point out, that the Japanese Imperial family is not the typical occidental 'monarchy'. What people transcribe from Japanese is never really a perfect translation, as it usually loses the nuance of its original meaning.

And if you do not believe in imperialism of all forms, you better start criticising globalisation, American foreign policy for the past few decades (and Chinese, and Russian), American economic policies etc. etc. or else, you are a hypocrite.

And Fat Man, food for thought, but if we can put surveillance on jock's activities, and apprehend them for bullying, what would you say?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

The Imperialist wrote:(Found internet access... but will probably be offline)

I just have to point out, that the Japanese Imperial family is not the typical occidental 'monarchy'. What people transcribe from Japanese is never really a perfect translation, as it usually loses the nuance of its original meaning.

And if you do not believe in imperialism of all forms, you better start criticising globalisation, American foreign policy for the past few decades (and Chinese, and Russian), American economic policies etc. etc. or else, you are a hypocrite.

And Fat Man, food for thought, but if we can put surveillance on jock's activities, and apprehend them for bullying, what would you say?
Surveillance in public places is one thing.

But NOT in the privacy of our homes.

If I caught someone spying on me in my own home or wile using the bathroom, I would rip his head off and shove it up his ass face first, and piss down his neck!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:(Found internet access... but will probably be offline)
Good to see you back again, Imperialist.
The Imperialist wrote:And Fat Man, food for thought, but if we can put surveillance on jock's activities, and apprehend them for bullying, what would you say?
Well, I've known them to get away with bullying when the teachers, the heads of authority who really should be trying to stop this, are there looking on. Authorities often turn a blind eye to what jocks do, and I'm pretty sure it happens a lot over in America. Hell, it happens a lot with our sports celebrities over here in the UK. I suppose it's the prestige and social status that make them get away with it. Who wants to be the one responsible for imprisoning or even reprimanding the local "hero" even if he is an almighty scumbag?
Fat Man wrote:But NOT in the privacy of our homes.
I agree. People being spied on in their own homes is definitely the sign of a paranoid or overbearing higher authority.

Have you read the book Nineteen Eighty Four, Imperialist? That is the sort of thing that happens when people are spied on excessively. The world could even end up like that if surveillance technology continues to get smaller and we get extremists being elected into power. "Freedom" becomes the stuff of dreams. People don't deserve to live like that.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

1984... interesting book. Gives interesting ideas.

But that is only if surveillance becomes an art for its own sake... as long as it remembers its original utilitarian/security objectives, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I look upon civil liberties as something that can only be given if everone is actually responsible for their own actions. If not, well, security measures are needed for the upkeep of order.