Female Athletes

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Safety
Sportsman

Female Athletes

Post by Safety »

You guys always talk about the male jocks, but how do you feel about female athletes? Personally, I don't mind them. Some of my best girl-friends play softball and run track. They don't seem as rude as jocks can be some times.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Female Athletes

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:You guys always talk about the male jocks, but how do you feel about female athletes? Personally, I don't mind them. Some of my best girl-friends play softball and run track. They don't seem as rude as jocks can be some times.
I don't have any complaints against female athletes.

I mean' really! Female athletes don't go around bullying the other students around, they don't go around beating up on the nerds and geeks, they don't go around bashing guys heads against lockers, they don't sodomize guys with broomsticks in the locker rooms, they don't rape anyone, and they don't destroy art projects or rip pages out of notebooks. Female athletes don't throw beer bottles out of speeding cars and hitting people in the head, nor do they use their cars to knock people off their bicycles and into a ditch. Also, female athletes don't throw people down flights of stairs or through plate-glass windows.

So, I have no problem with female athlets.

Let's face it!

We men are pigs!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Fat Man wrote:
Safety wrote:You guys always talk about the male jocks, but how do you feel about female athletes? Personally, I don't mind them. Some of my best girl-friends play softball and run track. They don't seem as rude as jocks can be some times.

I mean' really! Female athletes don't go around bullying the other students around, they don't go around beating up on the nerds and geeks, they don't go around bashing guys heads against lockers, they don't sodomize guys with broomsticks in the locker rooms, they don't rape anyone, and they don't destroy art projects or rip pages out of notebooks. Female athletes don't throw beer bottles out of speeding cars and hitting people in the head, nor do they use their cars to knock people off their bicycles and into a ditch. Also, female athletes don't throw people down flights of stairs or through plate-glass windows.

Let's face it!

We men are pigs!!!
I've literally never seen an athlete do any of those.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Jerry McGuire wrote:
Fat Man wrote:

Let's face it!

We men are pigs!!!
I've literally never seen an athlete do any of those.
You must be an Egyptian.

You're swimming in denial. (De Nile) That's a joke.

OK, back in the late 1990s, shortly after the Columbine incident in Littleton Colorado, over the following months, I have read in NEWS articles on the Internet about bullying incidents in other schools across the country.

There as an actual case in one school where a football player threw another student though a plate-glass window, and in another school a football player threw another student down a flight of stairs. The football players were never punished. They got away with it.

I read of another incident about a student riding home from school on his bicycle and a car full of drunken jocks ran him off the road and knocked him into a ditch.

There was another case where some students were walking home from school. As a car sped by and one of the football players from the high school threw an empty beer bottle out of the car, hitting one of the students in the head.

I read of many such incidents in the months following the Columbine shootings.

So, some jocks actually have done these things.

And they were never held accountable!

So, you may SUCK ON THAT!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I have no opinion on female athletes. I've never had any problems with them and I've never noticed any tendencies of female athletes to do the things I've seen male athletes do.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

Safety and Jerry, I don't mean to "pile on" (oops! a sports analogy! :lol: just kiddding); but if you visit http://www.democraticunderground.org and run a website search on "jock bullies," you will see page after page of links. (By the way, I'm not necessarily endorsing their politics. That's besides the point, anyway.) Of course, some of them are irrelevant, such as those referring to "shock jocks." If you take the time to check many of the other links, you will find quite a few messages posted by those who say they were bullied by jocks when they were in school or witnessed such bullying. If you do a Google search on bullying and visit anti-bullying websites or webpages that deal with bullying, you will find other such messages as well, including a few from former players who admit that they bullied weaker kids or those who were simply "different" in school. And you will find messages from athletes who say they never bullied anyone or may have even defended a classmate who was being bullied. One of this website's most abusive posters whose username is Samdaman (who was a high-school football player and, as I have reason to believe from online research that I've done, is about to start playing at a university this fall) claimed in a message he left on the Guestbook webpage (after he was banned for posting under a false account) that he was beating up nerds at his high school. He could have been lying to upset the members here; but after reading his posts and seeing just how hateful he really was, I could easily believe that he was being serious. I don't believe the majority of "jocks" in the schools actively bully other students, but I believe that there are enough to make a difference. Look at it from the viewpoint of the bullied kid. If an unpopular student is being bullied by just a few of the popular members of the football team, he's going to feel like the whole team is against him. I can't believe I forgot to say this: Most of the active members of this forum were bullied by "jocks" when they were in school. In fact, one of our younger members (who is still in high school) is being bullied by jocks at this time in his life. They're not lying.

Incidentally, if you haven't already, please read my lengthy post on page 8 of the topic entitled "Introductions" to get a more complete view of where I stand.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I would agree that female athletes are generally far less boorish, abusive and downright ignorant than their male counterparts. However, by no means are all females "nice people". It's a known fact that most girls will often go for the abusive, unpleasant yet rich and athletic jock and happily reject the more intelligent yet slightly built "nerd" in a hope of improving their social life and having a "trophy" to show off to their friends. Seems to me that girls do not necessarily admire good men but people who tend to have big ideas of themselves and even border on "arrogant".

I was once viciously attacked by one of the girls at my high school. Yes, laugh all you want at that, but I certainly wasn't laughing at the time when I was getting punched in the head with some stupid thugs she was friends with watching and laughing. She knew that she could get away with this because if I had so much as spoke a word to defend myself, she'd get her "rock-hard boyfriends" to give me an even more severe beatdown. Definitely somebody NOT like one of your "best girl-friends". A total bitch, to put it frankly.

Girls are often self-centered and only motivated by the prospect of being the person most envied by their friends and peers. They're a lot like us blokes, really. Nice blokes will get ignored and rejected by girls because of their physical appearance. Nice girls will often get the same treatment for the same reason. There are complete bastards and bitches in both sexes.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

i_like_1981 wrote:
I would agree that female athletes are generally far less boorish, abusive and downright ignorant than their male counterparts. However, by no means are all females "nice people". It's a known fact that most girls will often go for the abusive, unpleasant yet rich and athletic jock and happily reject the more intelligent yet slightly built "nerd" in a hope of improving their social life and having a "trophy" to show off to their friends. Seems to me that girls do not necessarily admire good men but people who tend to have big ideas of themselves and even border on "arrogant".

I was once viciously attacked by one of the girls at my high school. Yes, laugh all you want at that, but I certainly wasn't laughing at the time when I was getting punched in the head with some stupid thugs she was friends with watching and laughing. She knew that she could get away with this because if I had so much as spoke a word to defend myself, she'd get her "rock-hard boyfriends" to give me an even more severe beatdown. Definitely somebody NOT like one of your "best girl-friends". A total bitch, to put it frankly.

Girls are often self-centered and only motivated by the prospect of being the person most envied by their friends and peers. They're a lot like us blokes, really. Nice blokes will get ignored and rejected by girls because of their physical appearance. Nice girls will often get the same treatment for the same reason. There are complete bastards and bitches in both sexes.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
What on Earth did you do? o.0
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, it's a long story. Quite a long story anyway. I might as well let you in on some more of the details seeing as how I have told you about it now, so sit back and let 1981 tell you all you need to know.

Back in early 1996 I was in Year 10 at high school and was EXTREMELY pissed off with all the people in my year at school who would often insult, harass and even physically attack me. Of course, not quite all of them, but a fairly large proportion. Enough to make me feel that I was very much alone and hated at that place. I was, of course, beginning to realise that nothing I could do would get these people to like me or even treat me with some respect, so I decided to spend my time doing something stereotypically "nerdy" as a way of telling myself not to let these people make me turn against the things I'm going at or lose faith in academia, which was something a lot of them sucked at. So around April of that year I spent two weeks memorising the first 150 digits of pi. Some maths book I owned had it printed up to 500 digits; I no longer have the book, having given it away following my time at high school. It was really long and boring work but eventually it got to the point where I could recite the digits quietly to myself, and then out loud. I found that the best way to do it was to remember the numbers in strings of 10 and then piece them together. It'd be like reciting about 15 of your friends' phone numbers one after the other, and I'm sure any popular person would be able to remember over 15 of their friends' phone numbers without needing to write them down. (I take it you live over in America, where 10 digit phone numbers are the norm, I think. Over here in Britain we tend to use 11 digit numbers.)

Obviously none of this would do me any good and probably wouldn't help me much in an exam either, to be honest. But it felt good to have done something that none of the daft fucks who bullied me could comprehend. The only form of "pi" they'd know is.. yes, the one that ends in "e" and is very good with chips and gravy. I did of course inform my math teacher about it and she suggested that, seeing as how we were studying how to calculate areas and volumes of 2D and 3D shapes at the time, said it would be a good idea for me to recite the whole number in front of the class. I was originally going to refuse, but at that moment, the Head of Maths came into the room (which was devoid of students, which of course I'd made sure of before I went and said this) and I was of course made to tell him about what I'd done and he supported my Maths teacher's idea of a recital in front of the class. I tried to tell them that it would end up doing more harm than good, but once again I got the whole "Come on! We always appreciate showcases of intelligence! Don't let your hard work go unnoticed!" rhetoric. Keep in mind that these people did not know about the bullying I had to go through. I had to be very careful about "snitching" on these morons and bullies who didn't really get affected by adult authority and who would intensify the harassment if I got them into any trouble over it, so none of that stuff swayed the Maths teachers. I eventually gave in and said "Fine. Let's see if they do appreciate it at all." It would have been far better had I not told my Maths teacher about this at all. But if I was going to tell someone about this, it would have been her. And I did, and now I was pretty much for the chop.

It was a Tuesday when the dreaded recital had to happen, and I was called up to the front by my Maths teacher who said "One of our students here has managed to remember pi to 150 decimal places. Please come up to the front, 1981 [not my real name] and share it with us." Despite being in the top Maths set, I knew I was going to get laughed at, as a lot of these people were the smarter showoffs who would be just as snobby and mocking about social class and popularity as the dumber bullies. I could make out somebody saying, "Who else but him?" and another one saying "Bet he uses this as a chat up line to some chick". I did feel somewhat of an urge to let these irritating bigheads know that their sarcastic remarks would not sway me from my academic causes but that was well overcome by the grave fear of becoming the highlight of the school's backstabbing and mocking gossip following the lesson. So I stood at the front and began to recite the numbers. It took about a minute and ten seconds to finish it. After that, my Maths teacher brought on a round of slow and unwilling clapping from the others. I really wanted to jump out the window, seeing as it was a second-floor classroom. I could barely keep my gaze in one place for more than a second during the recital, apart from the ceiling.

Well, after that, just as I expected, people were talking about it. I was getting made fun of. The next day I could remember hearing random numbers being shouted at me from behind and then somebody leapt on me, getting me in a headlock, and then knocked me onto the floor. I was getting random numbers shouted at me all the time. I felt nauseous for the remnant of the day of the recital and the day after. I think it was the Thursday of that week, when the talk was slightly beginning to die down but was still pretty hot news, when the girl beating happened. It may have been the Friday. I can't remember exactly, but it was the same week as the pi recital. I was coming out of school that day and I remember seeing her and two of the athletic yet braindead and thuggish types having a smoke by the gate I was walking out of. I heard that bimbo say "There's the numbers guy! Let's give him a number of punches!" in a voice that was obviously loud enough to be heard by me. I tried to keep on walking quicker so as to burn them off, but it didn't work. I felt this girl's hands grab my shoulders and I turned around knowing that they had got me now. Her breath stank of tobacco. I remember one of the male bullies beside her saying "Going to try and put a curse on me with your magic numbers, are you?" and then she laughed. The other one said "Get him" to her, and next thing, this girl headbutted me in the teeth. It was a hard blow. Harder than I thought. I was actually knocked down onto my arse by the blow and then she came down on me, kneeling over me, shouting something like "Recite your pi now! It won't save you!" and then I was dealt eight blows to the head in quick succession. The boys she was with were just standing laughing as they watched, saying "Battered by a girl! How pathetic is 1981, really!". Following the eighth blow which struck just to the right of my nose and hammered my cheek bone, she just got up and left with her two male friends. Several people were walking past at the time. None of them really cared. I was being stared at. No adult figures were around to take authority. My face was covered in blood and I had actually got a bit of blood in my mouth that was dribbling as I got up. I didn't half rush home from school that night. My parents asked what the hell had happened, and I commented that I had walked into a lamppost head on. I really didn't want them to pursue these bullies. I really just wanted to avoid them all like the plague and watch them just vanish into thin air. I just wanted them to fuck off and leave me alone, because I hadn't done a thing to deserve this.

The girl who attacked me was one of the popular types. She was one of the year's top dancers and did well in athletics as well. Talented, so I heard, but fell in with the wrong crowd. Allowed herself to be influenced and accepted by the bullies who picked on me and as a result, she adopted a similar mindset. Sadly, people are enticed by these morons and the prospect of being popular and even feared by some.

That is all I'll say. This is rather an embarrassing subject for me, but I did mention it already on the able2know "Welcome Sports Haters" topic. Of course, that was when I first started seriously debating with people about my negative experiences with sports, which is why I seemed a bit daft and immature in my initial posts. I wasn't initially sure about being honest about my experiences with people on the Internet out of fear of having them put down or dismissed as being pathetic or meaningless, which of course Cycloptichorn did. Of course, over time I grew to become more serious as I realised people did want to listen and give their honest opinions on my situation, understanding where I was coming from. And of course, I had to take serious action when Cycloptichorn started his verbal attacks. So, it was all rather new for me.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Wow, I can't believe your peers made such a big (negative) deal about something involving academics which didn't harm anyone. I am impressed that you memorized that many digits of pi, I thought I knew a lot (I know up to 3.14159265358979323846), but 150 digits is quite a feat. I memorized that much in early grade 8, when no one else in my grade even knew what pi was. Whenever I told someone that I memorized that much and recited it, they were confused, and I attempted to explain what pi was, but it made no sense to them. There was even a girl in my class who I heard recite only slightly less of what I knew, and I was like "Wow, you also memorized part of pi?" and she didn't know what I meant because it turns out that was part of some song that she listened to that she was singing. It was only later in the year that people knew what pi was as we were taught about it in math. I was still the only one to know past 3.14 though, as that's as far as we were taught. I had to be careful of who I mentioned my pi memorization to, because I would likely face consequences if the wrong people knew about it.

While we are on the subject of being assaulted, I may have mentioned that in late grade 8, one of the jocks who harassed me throughout the whole year assaulted me after waiting for me to come to my locker. So I fought back, and actually, I won. I am not much of a fighter, I am not particularly strong, and I've never done anything such as martial arts, however this was a very pathetic little bully, and I slammed him into a few lockers and got in a few punches until a teacher broke up the fight, at which point the bully was crying. The reason why I bring this up is because earlier on, I heard from a few friends that this person now carries a knife with him everywhere. I asked how long he's been carrying around this knife for, and it turns out that it was probably not too long after I got in this fight with him. I'm now wondering if it is because of me that he carries around the knife. I'm a bit satisfied by this knowing that I may have scared this bully into needing to resort to cowardly measures to protect himself from me because of something he started, although I feel like I should be slightly threatened by this. I don't think it's anything to fear though, I think I can handle it.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Wow, I can't believe your peers made such a big (negative) deal about something involving academics which didn't harm anyone. I am impressed that you memorized that many digits of pi, I thought I knew a lot (I know up to 3.14159265358979323846), but 150 digits is quite a feat.
Well, like I say, just memorise it like you'd memorise a couple of your friends' phone numbers and then put them together. It'll take time to remember 150 digits, but it is possible. There are people who've recited tens of thousands of digits of pi before. I'm amazed that they have that much breath. How big must their lungs be? 150 really is peanuts in this game.

As I've said, the people at my high school were mostly idiots. Even the smarter ones were intolerant of geeks and those that didn't have much regard for social pursuits. There were a few that were okay but most of the people in my year seemed like one massive social group that I was just missing out on. And having observed their attitudes to their less-popular ilk like myself, I'm somewhat glad I wasn't taken in by them.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Fat Man wrote: You must be an Egyptian.

OK, back in the late 1990s, shortly after the Columbine incident in Littleton Colorado, over the following months, I have read in NEWS articles on the Internet about bullying incidents in other schools across the country.

There as an actual case in one school where a football player threw another student though a plate-glass window, and in another school a football player threw another student down a flight of stairs. The football players were never punished. They got away with it.

I read of another incident about a student riding home from school on his bicycle and a car full of drunken jocks ran him off the road and knocked him into a ditch.

There was another case where some students were walking home from school. As a car sped by and one of the football players from the high school threw an empty beer bottle out of the car, hitting one of the students in the head.

I understand, but that isn't to say that all or even most bullies are "jocks" (I haven't heard this word used in modern lexicon in a long time). Many bullies are regular kids that come from broken homes, some are just attention seekers, some are jocks, and some are sociopaths. I'm pretty positive that an athlete weren't the first nor last to drive while intoxicated and nearly (or in some cases, actually) hit someone. And while rude and unnecessary, again, I severely doubt that football players are the only jackasses that go around throwing stuff at people from their cars. Again though, I just recently graduated from high school and I have never heard of anyone doing something like that.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Jerry McGuire wrote:
Fat Man wrote: You must be an Egyptian.

I understand, but that isn't to say that all or even most bullies are "jocks" (I haven't heard this word used in modern lexicon in a long time). Many bullies are regular kids that come from broken homes, some are just attention seekers, some are jocks, and some are sociopaths. I'm pretty positive that an athlete weren't the first nor last to drive while intoxicated and nearly (or in some cases, actually) hit someone. And while rude and unnecessary, again, I severely doubt that football players are the only jackasses that go around throwing stuff at people from their cars. Again though, I just recently graduated from high school and I have never heard of anyone doing something like that.
Oh, I'm sure it's not just jocks who do these things like throwing stuff out of cars, or running people off the road, etc. etc.

But jocks get away with it. Jocks go unpunished.

That's because we need jocks to win football games and to Hell with everything else.

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Fat Man wrote: But jocks get away with it. Jocks go unpunished.
As do actors and actresses, musicians, CEOs, even politicians.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Jerry McGuire wrote:
Fat Man wrote: But jocks get away with it. Jocks go unpunished.
As do actors and actresses, musicians, CEOs, even politicians.
Yeah, I guess any rich bitch or son-of-a-rich-bitch can just about get away with murder!

Liberty and justice for those who can afford to pay for it!