Politics as usual

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Politics as usual

Post by Fat Man »

Politics is like driving.

To go backward, put it in 'R'

To go forward, put it in 'D'

------------------------------

You can lead a conservative to facts, but you can't make him think.

------------------------------

Can anybody here think of some more?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Re: POLITICS AS USUAL

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Most of the time, it's in Idle.

But voting or hating exclusively one political party isn't very wise in my opinion. I kind of mix and match.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, that's pretty good, Jerry! Since I don't support either party, I definitely would fall in the "idling" category. But come to think of it, as I hardly ever vote (since I gave up on politics years ago), I should think of myself as being in the "cold engine" category.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

The Republican party ran out of gas a long time ago.

Now they're just coasting down hill without any breaks!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

We had a Prime Minister here a little while back called John Howard.

His transmission was permanently stuck in "R".

He's been described as "a visionary with his eyes in the back of his head".
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Jerry McGuire
Sportsman

Post by Jerry McGuire »

Fat Man wrote:The Republican party ran out of gas a long time ago.

Now they're just coasting down hill without any breaks!
The problem with them is that they have no clear figurehead. The most notable Republican right now is Sarah Palin, and they need someone not as dividing as her. Half the country hates her and half the country loves her.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Sarah Palin is a typical jock. End of.

By the way, I have some stoy about that moron.

We all know she is like "American work for American workers" etc. etc. yes? Typical Tea Party, Republican, neo-conservative nutcase?

Well, there was this land in Alaska that had oil. There were already some workers on it, but haven't really been serious, and the oil production was run by a small company (I forgot if it was state owned or not). She with her almighty wisdom decided to sell it to a large oil company to excavate the land so there will be more AMERICAN workers working, from the actual miners to engineers to manages, so more jobs. She then got a offer from Lukoil, and sold the land to Lukoil for a very good (rip-on price if there is such a word) because she is being VERY patriotic, and thought that it is not against reason to sell this land to fellow American at a very cheap price, because they are American. Here comes the biggest irony, and idiocy that surpasses all other associated to her in terms of money and the human cost associated. If you want to experience the comedy and the tragey at the same time without looking further, look up Lukoil in Wiki or somewhere. (By the way, the news seems VERY CONVIENIENTLY hidden away in the depth of news archives, so you will have a hard time looking for it)
If you cannot be bothered to switch to a new tab, here comes the whammer.

Lukoil, is also known in its native script as Ð?Ñ?койл. Let that sink in. Breathe deep. Calm yourself.

For that is the stupidity known as Sarah Palin.

You see, she thought it was an American company, because the name of alphabeticised, and Lukoil sounded American. She didn't even bother to check...
As a result, Lukoil just imported its Russian workers and engineers into Alaska, and no jobs for Americans. (May be except for a few diner or two, but I head Russians might just prefer their mama's goulash over slop, so I don't know)
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Wait so she did this in her first and only half term as governor of Alaska? So she DID manage to do something after all......giveaway american jobs.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
The Imperialist

Well, she is not known for her intelligence...
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

During the election I saw this:

BIGOT-Brown Is Gone On Thursday

This explains it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbhPWAMx2y0

Though he actually left on a Tuesday, made me miss EastEnders.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Lewis wrote:During the election I saw this:

Hahahaha... I never heard that slogan. I do miss out on all the good stuff, don't I?

I don't mind David Cameron but I find his wife irritating. On all the photos that appear in the newspapers of them together, she's just standing there grinning inanely whilst he's trying to look serious.

I don't like women married to important men, and I don't like men married to rich women. You see? The money-grubbing can work both ways. There are gold-diggers in both sexes.

Are you planning on reading Tony Blair's memoirs, Lewis? I've considered it but I know it sure won't be an honest account. Makes me wonder what Brown will be doing to emulate his Labour predecessor.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Lewis wrote:During the election I saw this:

Hahahaha... I never heard that slogan. I do miss out on all the good stuff, don't I?

I don't mind David Cameron but I find his wife irritating. On all the photos that appear in the newspapers of them together, she's just standing there grinning inanely whilst he's trying to look serious.

I don't like women married to important men, and I don't like men married to rich women. You see? The money-grubbing can work both ways. There are gold-diggers in both sexes.

Are you planning on reading Tony Blair's memoirs, Lewis? I've considered it but I know it sure won't be an honest account. Makes me wonder what Brown will be doing to emulate his Labour predecessor.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
No, unfortunatelyI don't have £25 to spare, but I'm sure they'd be an interesting read. We didn't really learn anything new from them, apart from the fact that Blair got a drinking problem.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I''ve been following the US news in the run up to the mid terms and I was shocked when the Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell got nominated, she is Sarah Palin's doppelganger. It appears the Republicans are going through a civil war at the moment, which will make them unelectable (a bit like Labour in the early 80 and the Tories in the late 90s.)

The Tea Party is the best that could of ever happened to the Democrats though and if a Tea Parrty candidate is selected in 2012 Obama will walk the election.
The Imperialist

Well, Tea Party will just make 'decent folk' repel from it like two north poles, but there are not so decent folk who think they are a bunch of messiahs, so I will not count on it. (Let us feel sorry for US and A if woe behold! Tea Party make themselves important)
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

The Imperialist wrote:Well, Tea Party will just make 'decent folk' repel from it like two north poles, but there are not so decent folk who think they are a bunch of messiahs, so I will not count on it. (Let us feel sorry for US and A if woe behold! Tea Party make themselves important)
I think that the more moderate Republican voters may vote for the Democrats or spoil their ballot. (If a Tea Party loon is selected for 2012)