Hello to Everyone

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
jasminemark

Hello to Everyone

Post by jasminemark »

Hi i am jasmine from India.
Earl

Re: Hello to Everyone

Post by Earl »

Welcome, Jasmine! :) If you have any questions, just ask me or Skul. Use either PMs or the e-mail function. Again, welcome!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Welcome Jasmine!
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Welcome to our forum Jasmine.

That's a beautiful name.

Jasmine, also a pretty little sweet smelling white flower.

I like to burn incense, and my favorite incense is Jasmine.

I also like to drink Jasmine Tea.

Once again, welcome to our anti-sports forums.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hmmm... something doesn't seem genuine about this member. Seen the signature?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

i_like_1981 wrote:Hmmm... something doesn't seem genuine about this member. Seen the signature?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Yeah, I noticed that. Seems like a spam-bot.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:Hmmm... something doesn't seem genuine about this member. Seen the signature?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Yeah, I noticed that. Seems like a spam-bot.
This does seem to have happened before. Sometimes spammers post the links in their signatures instead of the actual post... I don't fully know why myself. Perhaps someone like Skul could clarify that issue a bit more. But a very short introduction with no relevance to the forum is always suspect to me. If you're going to post useless links up here, at least try and seem like you've paid some attention and regard to the website first! At least try to be polite.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Azad Hind?

But yes. Good morrow.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:This does seem to have happened before. Sometimes spammers post the links in their signatures instead of the actual post... I don't fully know why myself. Perhaps someone like Skul could clarify that issue a bit more.
Well, you guys didn't notice it straight away, did you? People tend to pay more attention to a post than a signature, and since the signature was just text, it can be easily overlooked.

Why do they spam? Well, one: they're assholes. And two: It doesn't matter how or why they get these links out there. As long as they're somewhere, they'll get better rankings. At least I think that's the idea.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Aw damn!

I seem to have fallen for it too!

And to think I did a Google search just so I could post that pic of those pretty little white flowers.

Oh well!!!

Life goes on! Eh?
Last edited by Fat Man on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

I noticed the signature as soon as I saw her first post, however I found this method of spamming peculiar and I was a bit confused so I just welcomed her until I could get a better understanding.

Earl

Post by Earl »

Thank you, Skul. :)

And kudos to you, too, i_like_1981, for voicing your well-founded suspicions. :)

Fat Man, I can't believe I fell for this, too.

Addressing all of you now, I can't believe I fell for this. :roll: What a dope I am!

Seems like all we get now, as far as "negative" members are concerned, are trolls and spammers. I'm beginning to get bored again. :( I could use some mike_the_pain_train-type comic relief. I could also use some intellectually challenging responses to our website's very existence. You know, utterly unforgettable lines such as "your a fag." That really gets the old brain moving. :lol: We need to have a slugfest with Samdaman II, coming to a forum near you. If the courageous one-post Captain America had left an e-mail address, I would have invited him to come back to abuse us some more. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Earl

Post by Earl »

:twisted:

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:And kudos to you, too, i_like_1981, for voicing your well-founded suspicions.
No problem, Earl. When the spammers are in town, '81's always around, some try to be real, but truths are not concealed! They give themselves away, seems stupid but OK, their links just will not last, they will be gone quite fast. :D

And yes, I agree. We need a new flamer. I could, of course, go onto a sports forum somewhere, find the nasty section where all the members go to argue (I see these a lot on some forums) and then make our little site known. See what happens then. Trolling has often been against us, but we can make it work for us now. But I'll only act on orders. I can understand if the mods don't want a load of illiterate, unfounded tripe covering the forum. "WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKIN FAGGOTS! U ALL SUCK! UR SUCH LOSERS! SPORTS ROOL AND YOUR ALL GAY! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" Just a suggestion seeing as how all our past opponents seem to have moved on now.
Skul wrote:Well, you guys didn't notice it straight away, did you?
I did. But most of the time I don't get on the forum until late in the evening, especially on a Monday when I go to the gym, so that's why there was a huge time gap between the original spammer's post and my acknowledgement of the link.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

I was suspicious when she(?) did not respond to Azad Hind.