This is absolutely disgusting.

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: This is absolutely disgusting.

Post by i_like_1981 »

Sadly, not all jocks get their comeuppance if they're good enough at what they do. If they play with that ball well enough, they'll end up getting signed for top teams and landing million-pound or dollar contracts within years of leaving high school. I wonder how many American football players who are making millions of dollars a year today were bullies back in their high school days? I shall not say that they all are, because that would be stereotyping, but I would hesitate to say that "hardly any" were like that. If anyone could provide a reliable statistic as to how many top NFL players have admitted being high school bullies, I'd be most interested to know. Of course, it can't be fully reliable - who knows how many more have chosen to stay silent about their past cruelty to others...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

i_like_1981 wrote:If anyone could provide a reliable statistic as to how many top NFL players have admitted being high school bullies, I'd be most interested to know. Of course, it can't be fully reliable - who knows how many more have chosen to stay silent about their past cruelty to others...
Yeah, I don't know how many football players would admit to that, regardless of whether or not they were bullies. They could lose a lot of money in endorsements for admitting such a thing (Oh no, that would be such a tragedy!), and I think the vast majority would stay silent.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I suppose we'll never know, then. The only thing we can learn from this, as much as it pains me to say this, is that not all bullies will get the downfalls they deserve and some will only just climb up and up the social and financial charts in life if they're good enough at what they do. So it's up to any victims, once high school is over, to not let all the shit they've been given get in their way of becoming equally successful in life. It ain't a fair world out there, but one has to learn how to survive in it, because you can't change some injustices of it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.