A little open-mindedness...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: A little open-mindedness...

Post by i_like_1981 »

Exactly. It is the incessant need of the media corporations to promote these games to an excessive and overwhelming level which has turned many of us here against them. I have no problem with people being fans of sports, but when they're trying to push this stuff on me and abusing me for not sharing their interests, I feel I have a right to be discontented. The sports industry is massive. Sports fans outnumber the haters by a massive amount. So why do some fans have to get so utterly mad and unpleasant when they find out that a mere minority of people don't express their same admiration for the games? The majority may be allowed to rule, but the minorities should be entitled to their rights as well, and some of us sports haters didn't get much in the way of rights at all back in the earlier days of our lives. Some people may consider this website to be pointless and that all the regular members here just can't let go of their bad experience. However, I definitely appreciate the presence of this forum on the internet because incredibly few people nowadays seem to appreciate the fact that the sporting industry is extremely overhyped and it comes at an unbelievable cost to the worldwide economy. All professional sports players should have their wages cut to the extent where they have to hold a proper job during the days they are not playing. Regardless of how good they are or how much people like them, I just can't stand the idea of a person getting paid literally millions per year for just playing a game once a week. Just think of how much could be saved if those players wages were cut even just to the extent where the top players were still making a million a year. The economic situation is fragile at the moment here in the UK, and I do believe that cutting the wage packets of all the top football players here in the UK could make a bit of a difference. After all, what is chump change to them is a fortune to the average working person. It's hardly fair, is it? Sports fans: be honest and admit that your idols are overpaid to an obscene extent, and that money deserves to be invested in the interests of people like your families, not these celebrities who have far too much already! You know it's true. But sadly, I can't see anything being done about it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.