My Collection Of Anti-sports Images!!!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

My Collection Of Anti-sports Images!!!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey everybody!

Here is my entire collection of anti-sports images that I host on my web site at Photobucket which I like to post here on these forums.

Some of these I found on the Internet, but most of them are my own creations.

I hope you all enjoyed them.

This is my entire collection.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

The Imperialist

Re: My Collection Of Anti-sports Images!!!

Post by The Imperialist »

Oooh hahaha.
Hilarity ensues. (Does hilarity even exist in the dictionary?)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Excellent! Plenty of those I have seen before in the past, but several are new to me. I like your imagination. Making pictures is always a creative and constructive way to express contempt for things. I have considered making some of my own anti-sports images but I doubt they'd have the kick yours do.

This will be my 1111th post! All the ones.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:Excellent! Plenty of those I have seen before in the past, but several are new to me. I like your imagination. Making pictures is always a creative and constructive way to express contempt for things. I have considered making some of my own anti-sports images but I doubt they'd have the kick yours do.

This will be my 1111th post! All the ones.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Thank you very much.

But with practice, I believe that you could also come up with some really good creations of your own.

I just use Microsoft Paint and I copy and paste to combine images.

And congratulations on your post # 1111.

That's a kind of magical number.

I should be hitting # 2222 pretty soon.

Another magical looking number.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HEY EVERYBODY!

When you do a Google search for Anti-sports Forums, this page appears at the top of the list!

WOW! Imagine that! :D :D :D

LarryBird

Post by LarryBird »

So what do you guys have against sports exactly?
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

LarryBird:

Short answer: Read the front page of the website -- there's a very concise answer there.
LarryBird

Post by LarryBird »

ChrisOH wrote:LarryBird:

Short answer: Read the front page of the website -- there's a very concise answer there.
Ok, so if I choose to go to an NBA game and cheer on my favorite team, you think there is something mentally wrong with me? I'm just having a hard time comprehending all the hate on this forum, and it frankly just doesn't make sense to me. Not trying to bash, just understand.
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

In the long run, I really don't have anything to say against sports on my own account. I mainly came here because sports had begun to annoy and bore me. If you want to know what each of us individually has against sports, I recommend looking at each member's initial posts. Click on someone's profile; click on "Search user's posts"; go to the last index page of that user's posts; start reading upwards from the bottom.

I really have nothing new to say on sports at this point. :roll:

Cheery ho,
RF

(PS--If this digression goes on much longer, Skul might want to consider branching it off into a new thread at the point where LarryLegend first appeared. No reason to let him hijack Fat Man's thread, is there?)
Earl

Post by Earl »

Greetings, LarryBird.
LarryBird wrote:Ok, so if I choose to go to an NBA game and cheer on my favorite team, you think there is something mentally wrong with me?
Of course, not. Before she graduated from a certain university in the state where we reside, my older daughter (who, incidentally, had had no "school spirit" when she was in high school) attended just about all the university's football games. I had no problem with that. It was a social activity that she enjoyed.
LarryBird wrote:I'm just having a hard time comprehending all the hate on this forum, and it frankly just doesn't make sense to me. Not trying to bash, just understand.
I appreciate your civility. Thanks for not being abusive.

As you've probably noticed already, we're just a very small group; but we still are diverse. I've been said to be the most moderate member of this forum. Two of my close friends played football in high school, one of whom also played football at the university where he earned his degree in sociology.

Contradicting one of the statements on the home page, I don't favor removing team sports from schools; but I am opposed to mandatory sports-based P.E. because such classes do not encourage nonathletic students to become physically active. In fact, the worst place a nonathletic boy can be is in a sports-based P.E. class. Bullying is rife in such classes, as many of the members of this forum have personally experienced. I favor the retention of the old P.E. as an elective for the athletes and other students who want to participate in sports. Genuine fitness classes that provide a range of choices should be provided for nonathletic students. The innovative PE4Life program is excellent for this purpose.

I personally know of what I speak. The P.E. I had to endure from the time I was in the 4th grade through junior high was useless. (Thankfully, since I was a band student, I was exempted from having to take P.E. in high school. I heard that the P.E. classes at my high school were absolutely hellish for nonathletic boys. This is the way to promote physical fitness?) Fitness programs were never provided. In fact, I never even heard the words "exercise program." (In fact, this has been the experience of all the members of this forum.) The assumption seems to have been made that all boys were currrently playing sports. No teaching was done about the games themselves in my P.E. classes. I got very little exercise. All I learned was to fear coaches, none of whom had any interest in the nonathletes in their classes. Many of the P.E. teachers and coaches seemed to view nonathletic boys with contempt.

About two years ago I joined a health club and hired a personal trainer to start working with me on a bodybuilding program. The results have been quite surprising. I love working out. I get more exercise in a single workout than I ever did in an entire year of mandatory sports-based P.E., and my physique has changed considerably. I haven't achieved my goal yet, but I'm convinced that I'll eventually succeed after several more years of self-discipline and hard work. I feel like I belong at my health club, a feeling I never had in any of my P.E. classes (in which I had no choice at all). Even though I'm a nonathlete, all the personal trainers at my health club like me because they know I work hard.

Incidentally, I'm not looking back on the past. I just get angered when I think of the latest generation of nonathletic kids being subjected to the pointless misery that is mandatory sports-based P.E.

There is a sense in which I'm not a sports hater. I have no problem with the games themselves. What I have a problem with is the negative aspects of the culture that is associated with those school sports that are the most popular (for example, machismo).

I realize that I've only given just a thumbnail sketch of my own views. I hope what I've said makes sense. At least I hope you understand that I don't hate people. Granted, some of us may seem less reasonable than others. As is the case in Internet forums, at least two of us are prone to ranting; but that is something I won't do. If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to answer them.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

LarryBird wrote:Ok, so if I choose to go to an NBA game and cheer on my favorite team, you think there is something mentally wrong with me? I'm just having a hard time comprehending all the hate on this forum, and it frankly just doesn't make sense to me. Not trying to bash, just understand.
My problem is not with people enjoying a game of sports, whether they are playing or watching it. No, my problem is with people who think that there is something wrong with me for NOT choosing to support a team or participate in these games myself. You may consider this a bit childish, to be wrapped up in disdain and bitterness over things that happened back in high school, but the fact is, adults can also feel ostracised and excluded by their peers for not being interested in sports. Basically, I'm just angry at the sort of sports fans who treat people who don't share their interests with contempt and derision. And I'm not saying all of them are like that, but there are quite a few. We live in a world dominated by popular culture like sports, and I don't feel it's fair that people have to be made to feel like second-class citizens for the sole reason that they're not into sports. I've read many articles on this website of athletic "jocks" torturing their nonathletic peers, sometimes even to suicide, and it sickens me. I've had to put up with similar crap in my life. Basically, what makes sports so important that EVERYBODY has to like them? I'm not bashing what you like, I'm just angry at a society that would allow such disdain to be shown towards its nonathletic people. I hope you understand where I'm coming from here.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.