Same as My Name

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Same as My Name

Post by Fat Man »

idunno wrote:Well, Fat Man you have failed to understand my intent about the television thing. I will not stand to be insulted, therefore I will not respond to any of your ridiculous accusations. I do not care what you are interested in, really. The fact that you feel the need to boast about yourself (for no apparent reason mind you) shows how miserable you truly are.
Well, the jocks must be the most miserable people on this planet, because they sure like to brag and boast about themselves, as if kicking a hunk of pigskin over an iron post is some great accomplishment!

Most jocks have an IQ that is greatly exceeded by their shoe sizes and many can't even read beyond the 3rd grade level, so they really should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, my having a mother who taught me how to read and write before starting school, that is something to be proud off, and I was very proud of my mother because she was one terrific person.

Yes, I'm proud to say that when I was only in the 3rd grade I was able to read at the high school level or adult level, and when I was only 10 years old, I checked out books on science that were at the adult reading level.

And yes, I'm proud to say that when I was 13 years old I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test.

So, I feel that I'm entitled to some bragging rights!

But, NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

When I was in school, I was made to feel ashamed of myself because I was lousy at sports. In basketball I was very seldom able to get the ball through the hoop. Most of the time it just bounced off the backboard.

I was unable to run and I walked with a limp because of my crippled up left knee, and I was made fun of because it looked funny when I tried to run.

I was once humiliated in the gym because I failed to climb a rope, and then I got suspended from school because of it.

So, I was being taught to be ashamed of myself!

I'm suppose to hate myself because I'm lousy at sports, and I'm suppose to hate myself because I'm too fat.

OK, I have a friend here in El Paso Texas. He's a therapist and he's Jewish, and he's like an older brother to me.

Yes, sometimes on a Sunday afternoon he likes to watch a football game on TV, but it's not the only interest he has in life. He's married and has three daughters. His daughters know three different languages besides English, they also knew Spanish, Chinese, and Hebrew.

He also enjoys watching science fiction movies and educational programming and he also likes classical music, so he has many other interests in life besides just football.

So, when you said that if sports were eradicated, you would have nothing to watch on TV, that's why I said you were pathetic.

OK, now I know you were more or less kidding.

But to me, it still sounds lame.

Yes, I have known some people who if there were no sports on TV anymore their world would come crashing down around them.

No, I'm really not miserable.

Despite all that has happened to me, I'm so thankful and happy that I'm not some kind of moron with a single digit IQ!

OK?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

greencom

Post by greencom »

IDUNNO,
Yes sports is simple to you but not for me , you've always embraced and accepted sports as a normal interest that everyone should share, to me sports is unbearably boring to watch and even worse to be forced to participate in. I have many interests and passions that give me great satisfaction but unlike you and most other sports fans I do not expect everybody to share my interests and I do not wonder about them for not sharing my interests, that is something you will never grasp as a sports fan. You are sadly one of the "sheeple" of the world brought up to believe that to be a whole and normal person you have to love sports. You seem like a polite and decent person and I welcome you here anytime and I do not want to sound insulting. I'm almost 60 years old and people still expect me to love sports and I am sick and tired of it!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Exactly, greencom. Why is it considered so abnormal nowadays to not be interested in sports? I mean it, I've often had funny looks in my office and been left out of conversations for being vocal in my disinterest for sports. I just say that "I'm not bothered" and often, I am left aside. Yet I wouldn't hear these people going mad if you admitted to not being bothered on playing a musical instrument or something like that. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT SPORTS? They are just a recreational activity and interest for some people. That is what they should be. That is how I consider them, but a lot of people consider them to be a social obligation which you have to like to be accepted by the majority. This question drives me to post on this website very often. I just can't understand why sports have been blown to such a ridiculous proportion in this world, to the extent that people who so much as dare to imply the fact that they're not bothered on them are subjected to exclusion and even torment on occasions. Who died and made sports God?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Who died and made sports God?
the sports media

The sports media died by not functioning as a journalistic institution instead of a propaganda mill. One of the reasons why there should be freedom of press is to keep the public informed by exposing corruption and wrongdoing. This, of course, is something the sports media deliberately chose not to do from the very beginning. You see, there was money to be made in brainwashing people to become sports fans, which means that certain scandals in sports (such as a particular Notre Dame football scandal in 1974) were to be hushed up. The only exception seems to be mistreating dogs (which, to be sure, is despicable). If Michael Vick had raped a young woman or physically assaulted a guy so badly that his life hung in the balance, do you think there would have been as much outrage over that?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

It's because of the sports media that we no longer have freedom of the press.

All other forms of media outside of the sports media, the Newspapers, TV NEWS, radio, etc. etc. they're afraid print anything or say anything regarding jock crimes. All have been intimidated into keeping silent.

It's only on the Internet that we can read anything about jock crimes so that we can post links to such articles and copy and paste them in our forums.

The jocks may escape notice from the Newspapers or broadcast media, but they can't escape notice from the Internet.

But of course, only most of us forum members are interested in the truth. If a sports fan or a jock accidentally comes across an article about a jock crime, they just ignore it, or they don't understand it because they lack the reading comprehension, since most jocks and sports fans can't read above the 2ed grade level.

I'm surprised that the sports media haven't attempted to have such articles removed from the Internet.

That's actually very hard to do, if not impossible.

So, sorry monkey boys!

Because of the Internet, the jig is up!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

By looking at it Fatman, You're equally discriminating as the "Sportsfans" you always hate so much. that hatred will consume you sooner or later.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
greencom

Post by greencom »

Brigan wrote:By looking at it Fatman, You're equally discriminating as the "Sportsfans" you always hate so much. that hatred will consume you sooner or later.
Brigan,
So you are saying that I should accept and embrace people that look at me with disgust because I"m not a sports fan like them? I happen to agree with Fatman, he's got even more reason to feel the way he does about sports and idiot sports fans than I do. Yeah I hate them too and I feel totally justified in doing so. In addition I know a lot of people that have no interested in sports whatsoever but they are a lot less vocal about it because they want to fit in with the rest of the sheeple. I feel GOOD about my attutude!
Bob
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi, greencom. :) I don't think Brigan is saying that you should accept sports fans who are intolerant or boorish. He's just saying that harboring a lot of anger can be a burden at times. (Believe me, I know. I once held a grudge against a particular psychologist for 40 years.) Brigan's a good guy :) ; he means well. :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

greencom

Post by greencom »

Hello Earl,
I know he means well but he does not understand. The vast majority of sports fans I've run across ARE boorish and intolerant but to another sports fan they are normal because their anti nerd words are not directed toward them. Whether a particular fan is a decent person or not they are on the same side of the fence as the brain dead a-hole jocks whether they want to admit it or not.
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

greencom wrote:
Brigan wrote:By looking at it Fatman, You're equally discriminating as the "Sportsfans" you always hate so much. that hatred will consume you sooner or later.
Brigan,
So you are saying that I should accept and embrace people that look at me with disgust because I"m not a sports fan like them? I happen to agree with Fatman, he's got even more reason to feel the way he does about sports and idiot sports fans than I do. Yeah I hate them too and I feel totally justified in doing so. In addition I know a lot of people that have no interested in sports whatsoever but they are a lot less vocal about it because they want to fit in with the rest of the sheeple. I feel GOOD about my attutude!
Bob
No. there's a difference. This is a civilized forum as far as I know, where people come to debate a Topic, which is sports be it on the hating side or the liking side. each side deservers respect as long as they respect others aswell.

If Idunno comes to this forum or for that matter anyone else. It should be like all of you did, Encouraging a civilized debate between sides (like Homo sapiens) not stomp your feet and marking your territory like some sort of an animal and roaring out insults, (that's a Gorila like behaviour if you ask me Fatman) now... Who's being like a "Sportfan". I'll let yourself answer that and probably you'll find out why this forum
lacks people on the oposing "Team" to make this an active forum, as many of you actually miss out having trolls, because even if they are annoying you get the oportunity to show them your point of view.

But if they're not trolls they should be heard.

on Topic: the logo of this can be understood in many ways; I'll point out two

1) Not everyone in the world likes sports
or
2) not every Sportfan is a drooling one. There are exceptions, Like every single group out there

for every rule there's always an exception to it. Don't judge people based on their beliefs, that what ends up tearing the society. and for that matter an internet Forum.

PS: If you are to reply this Fatman, do it Rationally, do not give me a piece of your past. (jocks did this or did that) has nothing to do with being Polite.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

greencom wrote:Hello Earl,
I know he means well but he does not understand. The vast majority of sports fans I've run across ARE boorish and intolerant but to another sports fan they are normal because their anti nerd words are not directed toward them. Whether a particular fan is a decent person or not they are on the same side of the fence as the brain dead a-hole jocks whether they want to admit it or not.
Even if they are on that side greencom they're unique people, you can't judge em... as I can't judge you over the knowledge i have of others Sporthaters out there, It's like saying if 1 Sporthater is a pedophile then you are one aswell. I can't just simply get to that conclusion, there's mean people and nice people in every Country/Social Group/The Internet/Town/City, Is up to you to get to know em.

You even mentioned it, "The vast majority of Sports fans" Who are you to decide who's inside that group or not?, I can certainly tell you not even Fatman is a judge, he's more like The Inquisitors of the Church.
Last edited by Brigan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

When it comes to sport, the jocks or the sports fans . . . . .

. . . what's not to hate???

As I have mentioned so many times before, I didn't start out hating sports. A long time ago, I neither liked or hated sports. I was neutral when it came to sports, and merely not interested, but I didn't actually hate sports.

But after years of getting bullied and beaten by some of the jocks and by rude obnoxious sports fans, it was sports that taught me how to hate sports.

What about the hatred that jocks and sports fans have toward the nerds and geeks?

Their hatred destroys people around them and ruins their lives.

So, what's not to hate?

How can I not hate something that has wrecked my life?

Now, I accept the fact that not everybody likes the same things I like.

When I was in school, I didn't go around beating up on people who didn't like chess, nor did I beat up on people who didn't like art, classical music, or science.

I could have been a bully if I had wanted to. In high school, I weighed about 230 pounds, and the desks we kind of small for me. I could have easily beaten the crap out of some of my fellow students.

But I didn't, and I allowed myself to get pushed around and harassed.

I accepted the fact that not everybody had the same interests that I had, so I didn't go around bullying people who didn't like art or science.

Now, why can't jocks and sports fans do the same? Why can't jocks or sports fans accept the fact that not everybody is interested in sports. What is it about sports the turn sports fans into Fascist fanatics, that they feel they must harass anybody who does not share the same interests in sports?

It's because sports is a religion. People have killed in the name of religion, declared war in the name of religion, and have committed terrorists acts in the name of religion.

Sports has also inspired the same fanaticism. People have been harassed because they didn't like sports. After the Columbine incident, I have read about some cases where students have been thrown through a plate glass window, or down a flight of stairs, or have been sodomized in the locker rooms, or have been knocked off a bicycle and into a ditch by a car full of drunken jocks while on the way home from school.

Sports has inspired acts of terrorism, just like some religions.

Chess, classical music, art, and science has not inspired such bullying! Why is that?

It's because these things appeal to our humanity.

Sports appeals to the primitive within us. Sports appeals to our animal instincts.

No, sports is no longer just games anymore.

Sports has because a dangerous religious cult.
Last edited by Fat Man on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
When it comes to sport, the jocks or the sports fans . . . . .
. . . what's not to hate???
As I have mentioned so many times before, I didn't start out hating sports. A long time ago, I neither liked or hated sports. I was neutral when it came to sports, and merely not interested, but I didn't actually hate sports.
But after years of getting bullied and beaten by some of the jocks and by rude obnoxious sports fans, it was sports that taught me how to hate sports.
What about the hatred that jocks and sports fans have toward the nerds and geeks?
Their hatred destroys people around them and ruins their lives.
So, what's not to hate?
How can I not hate something that has wrecked my life?
Brigan wrote: PS: If you are to reply this Fatman, do it Rationally, do not give me a piece of your past. (jocks did this or did that) has nothing to do with being Polite.
*sigh*
"What about the hatred that jocks and sports fans have toward the nerds and geeks?"
Is this what's actually happening here Fatman.... Really? Are you sure that you're not taking that role you hate so much?

I'm somewhat a Casual Sportfan, I'm not even remotely compared on your description of Sportfans, Now I ask you, What is there of me to be hated for? I'm polite, I like having fun watching soccer games with my friends (I find it amusing to look at), I study Law School, I enjoy National Geopgraphic, I enjoy the possible terraforming of Mars, Venus on Wikipedia or any other articles with space related stuff, and a lot of others stuff, short words, I'm a nerd which happens to like sports, Now.. What's wrong with that?

Why in the world should I be an evil person just because I like sports. again I ask you, What's there of me to be hated for?
Last edited by Brigan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Earl

Post by Earl »

We must make a distinction between mindset, culture, institution (whatever you want to call it) and individual human beings and where personal responsibility begins and ends. I understand prejudice quite well; but if we prejudge people and treat them in a negative way, then we become unjust as well. I hate bullying just as much as anyone here, but I realize that prejudice can turn even nice people into bullies. I don't want to lower myself to the level of bullies or bigots. And just for the record, I've almost always sided with the underdog.

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Earl wrote:We must make a distinction between mindset, culture, institution (whatever you want to call it) and individual human beings and where personal responsibility begins and ends. I understand prejudice quite well; but if we prejudge people and treat them in a negative way, then we become unjust as well. I hate bullying just as much as anyone, but I realize that prejudice can turn even nice people into bullies. I don't want to lower myself to the level of bullies or bigots. And just for the record, I've almost always sided with the underdog.

Your rank quite resembles you Earl. for the little time I've been here, You're a valuable member of this Forum. I for one admire you.