Same as My Name

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Brigan

Re: Same as My Name

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
OK, I'm just going to say this . . . . .

I HATE ALL SPORTS, ESPECIALLY FOOTBALL.
I WISH ALL THE JOCKS, SPORTS FANS, AND ALL THE MORONS AROUND THE WORLD WITH SINGLE DIGIT IQs WOULD JUST QUIETLY DIE IN THEIR SLEEP TONIGHT.
OK???
Careful what you wish for Fat Man, because you're being single digit at this moment. I'm yet to insult you and you're already desiring deaths. now that's a Smart [/sarcasm].
Fat Man wrote: So, quit trying to convert me over to your point if view.

I resent sports missionaries trying to convert me. Especially the ones who are polite!
I'm not converting you (Missionaries.... Seriously Fat Man I expected better.), I demand where my so called Bullshit lies. So I'll ask you again, Quote me.
Fat Man wrote:I actually find the polite sports fans more sickening that the rude obnoxious sports bores.
yay for conflict! Let's be animals right Fat Man?
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Earl

Post by Earl »

To everyone concerned, I think Brigan is a far, far cry from those sports fans who are intolerant. (And, yes, there definitely are intolerant sports fans.) He's also just somewhat of a casual sports fan. I can understand why Fat Man would be particularly irritated by "polite" sports fans, but we still should recognize that there is a great difference between the intolerant and those who are not intolerant. I appreciated the contrast between Samdaman and Andy that i_like_1981 illustrated by means of comparing a representative post from each.

I_like_1981, I'm convinced that the "JIM" who has been leaving messages on the Guestbook webpage is not genuine; he himself has all but indicated that he's an online clown. IMHO, he's actually being silly.

Brigan, some perspective must be provided at this point. If I just referred to Fat Man's rants, I wouldn't be presenting the whole picture. I realize that you don't have a lot of free time now because of your law studies. (And you really do need to get more sleep.) When you have some spare time, you should check posts that have been left by those sports fans critical of this website who have bothered to leave messages. Now, I realize that hotheads are more likely than people with moderate dispositions to leave messages at websites. But if you think Fat Man's rants are bad (and I do have my share of disagreements with him), you should check the utterly hateful messages and posts left by what has been the majority of those sports fans who have bothered to speak their minds. Samdaman, of course, is a classic. Hatred, bigotry, rage, insecurity -- it's all there. In a sense, Samdaman and Fat Man are mirror images of each other. But even with regard what I've just said, I dare say that Samdaman has a lot more power than Fat Man and has probably hurt more people deeply than Fat Man has. Of course, online rudeness can hurt those who are sensitive; and there are some individual "jocks" who are sensitive. I know of at least several.

Fat Man, your comment that sports has ruined your life is incomplete. It is absolutely true that the intial blows you suffered came from the world of school sports. But the coup de grace was administered by your evil stepfather, your rotten brother, and the homosexual criminal who raped you in the psychiatric ward. You've had a very hard life. I don't know how I would have reacted if I had been in your situation.
Fat Man wrote:OK, I'm just going to say this . . . . .

I HATE ALL SPORTS, ESPECIALLY FOOTBALL.

I WISH ALL THE JOCKS, SPORTS FANS, AND ALL THE MORONS AROUND THE WORLD WITH SINGLE DIGIT IQs WOULD JUST QUIETLY DIE IN THEIR SLEEP TONIGHT.

OK???
Even Andy? :cry: :cry: :cry: (Just so I won't be misunderstood, I must say that I'm being partly serious, partly humorous.)
Fat Man wrote:So, quit trying to convert me over to your point if view.

I resent sports missionaries trying to convert me. Especially the ones who are polite!
I don't think he's trying to convert you to becoming a sports fan. I think he's just trying to help you have less bitterness so you can have a better life.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yeah, I don't think Brigan's bad at all. I can understand how he might have stumbled across this website and been offended by some of the posts made about his fellow sports fans and wanted to prove some of the negative impressions wrong by means of debate. I definitely wouldn't say he was "bugging" you, Fat Man. And as far as Samdaman and Andy are concerned, I really honestly don't think the difference could be any more obvious. By all means, if jocks come on here flaming and posting offensive comments, calling all the members here "nerds" or "fags", I definitely don't oppose the idea of giving them hell. But some of them will want a bit of a discussion, like Brigan and Andy, and I say they should get it. You can call me a "moderate" or "soft" if you wish but it's important to play fair. However, I definitely don't see the importance in trying to be polite to somebody who obviously came here to offend and taunt like Samdaman, but not every sports fan who visits this site is like him. I might have been insulting to Andy and co. at first, but I had to change that because I just realised I was making myself look like an idiot by shouting at someone who had no intent of causing trouble. I made a bad call. As Nick said several times, "why can't we all be frieeeeeeends?"

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening Earl:
Earl wrote:Fat Man, your comment that sports has ruined your life is incomplete. It is absolutely true that the initial blows you suffered came from the world of school sports. But the coup de grace was administered by your evil stepfather, your rotten brother, and the homosexual criminal who raped you in the psychiatric ward. You've had a very hard life. I don't know how I would have reacted if I had been in your situation.
Thank you Earl.

At least you understand where I'm coming from.

Actually, it was not so much a coup de grace as it was more like a Fascist coup d'état!

OK, what I resent about Brigan was the first time he posted in our forums, it was to get down on my case, and that was his initial reason for registering to be on these forums and for coming here in the first place. Just to get down on my case.

His very post was on page 3 of the topic: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One)
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... 744#p17744

Yeah! This was his very first post in these forums, addressed to little ol' me!

I guess I should be flattered!
Brigan wrote: Post subject: Re: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One) Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:38 am

Greetings everyone, I went trough the trouble of registering on this Website to just ummm...
Fat Man wrote: WELL . . . . . I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL RED CHERRY WOOD CANE WITH A HARD IVORY HANDLE THAT I WILL SWING REALLY HARD ACROSS YOUR TEETH TO SEND YOU TO A DENTIST!

THEN EVENTUALLY YOU WILL NEED TO BE WHACKED IN THE BALLS WITH A BASEBALL BAT TO SEND YOU TO THE HOSPITAL AGAIN WHERE THEY'LL DISCOVER YOU HAVE TESTICULAR CANCER FROM FUCKING BARNYARD ANIMALS, AND THEY'LL CUT OFF YOUR NUTS, THUS SAVING YOUR ROTTEN MISERABLE LIFE AGAIN!
then you say stuff like...
Fat Man wrote: Also, since moronic jocks and sport fans advocate the use of violence on people to give them
the incentive to go to the hospital for checkups, then . . . . .
are you sure you're not being an Advocate of Violence too?

Dude... I think Earl made it Obvious to you.. stop with the Hateful posts. I can be annoyed with a lot of Stuffs from daily problems but I do not let my anger loose towards people I don't even know.

Also on this Website Logo you can read "Not Everyone is a Brain-dead Sports Fan!"

I see it two ways...

1) Not everyone is a Sports Fan ... or
2) not every Sportfan is a Brain-dead one

That's it.. though someone should remind you of your Behaviour, You're a grown man... You should know better and behave better.
Yeah! He comes here just to tell me how I should behave! OH WOW!!!

OK, here is the full extent of what I had posted . . . . .
Fat Man wrote: Post subject: Re: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One) Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:06 am

Well, this entire topic started by NonsensicalSportsman has been totally moronic, especially the part saying that getting hit with a hockey stick is good for you because when you wind up in the hospital from a skull fracture, they might discover something more serious like a cancerous brain tumor which gets surgically removed thus saving your life, thanks to getting hit on the head with a hockey stick.

Well, I'm posting a message right now to all jocks and sports fans who might be reading this.

ATTENTION - ALL MORONIC JOCKS AND SPORTS FANS!

IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, I'M DUE FOR MY ANNUAL PHYSICAL CHECK UP BY MY DOCTOR. I WILL BE REQUESTING THAT THEY DO EITHER SOME MRI OR CAT SCANS TO CHECK FOR TUMORS ANYWHERE AND IF ANY TUMORS ARE FOUND, THEY WILL BE SURGICALLY REMOVED TO SAVE MY LIFE.

THEREFORE, I DO NOT NEED TO BE CLOBBERED OVER THE HEAD WITH A HOCKEY STICK TO BE SENT TO THE HOSPITAL, BECAUSE I'M GOING FOR MY ANNUAL PHYSICAL CHECKUP ANYWAY. OK?

SO, IF ANY OF YOU MORONIC SCUM-BAGS GET THE IDEA IN YOUR SHIT-FOR-BRAINS THAT I NEED TO GET HIT OVER THE HEAD WITH A HOCKEY STICK FIRST, WELL . . . . . I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL RED CHERRY WOOD CANE WITH A HARD IVORY HANDLE THAT I WILL SWING REALLY HARD ACROSS YOUR TEETH TO SEND YOU TO A DENTIST!

THEN THEY MIGHT DISCOVER YOU HAVE THROAT CANCER FROM USING CHEWING TOBACCO LIKE A TYPICAL REDNECK SCUM-BAG, AND THEN YOU'LL RECEIVE TREATMENT EARLY ENOUGH TO SAVE YOUR MISERABLE LITTLE LIFE SO YOU CAN CONTINUE SITTING IN YOUR SINGLE-AXLE TRAILER HOME WATCHING FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS ON YOUR BLACK & WHITE TV SET WITH RABBIT-EAR ANTENNAS AND GUZZLE CHEAP BUCKHORN BEER!

THEN EVENTUALLY YOU WILL NEED TO BE WHACKED IN THE BALLS WITH A BASEBALL BAT TO SEND YOU TO THE HOSPITAL AGAIN WHERE THEY'LL DISCOVER YOU HAVE TESTICULAR CANCER FROM FUCKING BARNYARD ANIMALS, AND THEY'LL CUT OFF YOUR NUTS, THUS SAVING YOUR ROTTEN MISERABLE LIFE AGAIN!

THEN YOU CAN GO BACK TO YOUR SINGLE-AXLE TRAILER HOME TO WATCH MORE SPORTS BUT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FUCK AROUND AND RAPE ANYONE ANYMORE.

Oh, by the way, if you can't read this, since most sports fans and jocks can't read beyond the second grade level, then have somebody else read it out loud to you so that you will understand. OK?

Also, since moronic jocks and sport fans advocate the use of violence on people to give them the incentive to go to the hospital for checkups, then . . . . .

. . . . . how do you circumcise a typical redneck trailer-trash sports fan?
KICK HIS SISTER IN THE JAW!
What I had posted was only meant to be a satirical response to NonsensicalSportsman's opening topic.

Here's an example of one of the articles.
Hockey Ref Attacked By Player, Life Saved as Result

Hockey is one of the few sports where outright violence is not only tolerated, but expected. How else are they going to make a game that last for hours and often ends with a 1-0 score seem interesting? Maybe take some notes, baseball. There are those who would argue that hockey thus teaches impressionable youths that violence is the only way to get ahead in life. We have two problems with that argument. First, shut up, pussy. Second, just as it is in the real world, in hockey, sometimes violence leads to good things. Such was the case for amateur hockey referee Dale Neudorf.

Yes, not even the refs are safe in hockey, and during a game Neudorf was checked hard across the face, and slammed into a wall. It was bad enough he had to be carried off and taken to a hospital. There Doctors did an MRI scan of his head to check for bleeding. The scan showed a tumor growing in the middle of his brain. Had Neudorf not been refereeing for a less violent sport and not brutally smashed in the head, his tumor may have grown unchecked for much longer and made treatment much more difficult. You win this time, socialized medicine!
To which my response to Brigan was . . .
Fat Man wrote:This suggests that sports violence is good for us because if we end up in a hospital, then doctors might discover something else that is more serious, thus saving lives.

So now, moronic jocks and sports fans might get the idea in their heads like, hey! Lets go around beating up on people and putting them in hospitals, then they will find something else more seriously wrong and provide treatment for it to save their lives.

YEAH RIGHT! So now these morons will go around thinking that they'll be providing a public service by beating up on people and putting them in hospitals.

I was merely trying to point out how ridiculous the whole idea is.

If you can't understand that, then you're also a moron!
To which Brigan had posted the following response . . .
Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
If you can't understand that, then you're also a moron!
Learn to behave. I have not used an insult towards you, thus proving my point that you should see your behaviour and change it.

I think I'm not the only one that is aware of this.
WOW!!! I'm his sole reason for his coming here! I guess I should be flattered!

This is why I have felt resentful toward Brigan from the very start.

Yeah! Brigan comes in here like an English nanny just to tell me to behave myself!

Like, I need a nanny, or a correctional officer or something, because I'm such a naughty little fat boy!

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So, wadda ya goin' to do Brigan? Spank me, or something???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Like, you're not big enough!!!

Yeah, I have to learn how to behave myself and be polite to all the drooling slack-jawed knuckle-dragging moronic sports fans! Eh?

Oh! But the sports fans and the jocks, they don't have to behave themselves! Eh?

Professional football players have committed RAPE and many have gone unpunished for their crimes.

I don't see Brigan criticizing the rude obnoxious behavior of moronic sports bores or the violent crimes committed by professional jocks!

Oh! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We must NEVER criticize our precious football players or professional athletes! How dare we!!!

Brigan does not give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell about the behavior of sports fans and jocks.

No, instead, he registers to get on these forums so that the very first thing he can do is to come down on my fat ass.

Sorry Brigan, but I don't need an English nanny, so you can just go give your spoonful of sugar to all your sports buddies to help their bad tasting medicine to go down!

And Brigan, you can also shove your spoonful of sugar up your ass!

SIDEWAYS!!!

YA GOT THAT??? MARY POPPINS!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote: TL-DR, My past history, nothing relevant, just canon fodder to draw attention
see? You're repeating yourself over and over. Pink color? emmm right....
Fat Man wrote:Yeah, I have to learn how to behave myself and be polite to all the drooling slack-jawed knuckle-dragging moronic sports fans! Eh?

Oh! But the sports fans and the jocks, they don't have to behave themselves! Eh?
I've never said that.
Fat Man wrote:I don't see Brigan criticizing the rude obnoxious behavior of moronic sports bores or the violent crimes committed by professional jocks!

Oh! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We must NEVER criticize our precious football players or professional athletes! How dare we!!!

I'm not saying Good job to them Either. It's a Fact that Famous people tend to get away with anything related to crimes, Famous people Fat Man not just Sport stars, If someone rapes, Hell I'm not going to applaud them.

Also I wish I was here when sandaman wasn't banned, And I won't go necroposting old threads just to please you either
Fat Man wrote: Brigan does not give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell about the behavior of sports fans and jocks.

No, instead, he registers to get on these forums so that the very first thing he can do is to come down on my fat ass.
Now why do you speak about me. Do you read minds? You have yet to know me. You're like those guys at the Flat Earth Society, "It's flat because we think it is" (Yes, those are "scientist" that believe the Earth is flat)

I'll try a better approach. if you claim something about me, then [citation needed]
Fat Man wrote:Sorry Brigan, but I don't need an English nanny, so you can just go give your spoonful of sugar to all your sports buddies to help their bad tasting medicine to go down!

And Brigan, you can also shove your spoonful of sugar up your ass!
Hey you claim Sportfans are animals, I'm just saying you're one aswell, by the way you behave, I don't see any Mary Poppish in it.

"And Brigan, you can also shove your spoonful of sugar up your ass!"

Single Digit IQ Skill increased!
Gratz.
Btw you might be into that "shoving things into your rear" But I'm certainly not, thanks for letting me know your Tips though.

PS: I'm not english either, I'm portuguese.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

In response to Brigan - AKA - Mary Poppins:

OK, lets get something straight once and for all.

In the topic: Sports are Good for You (In More Ways Than One) I was responding to a moronic post about how getting clobbered in the head with a hockey stick saved a referee's life, because after he was taken to the hospital where they discovered a brain tumor.

So, my response in red type was only meant as a satire!

But that seems to be lost on you, because you really ARE a moron!

You call me an animal, when I have never been physically violent toward another person.

Sorry, Mary Poppins, but I don't need you coming in here as some kind of self-appointed granny nanny and get on my case about my behavior, when not once, NO, NOT ONCE, have you ever criticized the behavior of sports bullies in our schools.

Like, who the fucking Hell died and made you God???

Look here Mary Poppins (Yeah! That's what I'm going to call you from now on!) I have every right to be angry toward jocks and sports fans!

If you have read ALL of my previous forum posts, you would know where I'm coming from!

So, get off my ass and shut the fuck up!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man has pointed out that Brigan's first post was in reaction to comments that Fat Man had made about an online "article" to which SensibleSportsman had provided a link. Yes, Fat Man's comments clearly were satirical. What's so silly about this whole controversy is that the online "article" itself was not meant to be taken seriously. The link posted by SensibleSportsman was to a www.cracked.com webpage. Before the advent of the Internet, the satire and humor magazine Cracked was contemporaneous to Mad Magazine. Again, I repeat, SensibleSportsman's link was not to be taken seriously. Just thought I'd point that out.

I have mixed feelings about this latest exchange between Brigan and Fat Man. Seems there's an escalation of hostility. They both have legitimate points of view. Perhaps Fat Man is a bit testy, but I've seen far worse at other websites. And it is true that Fat Man (whom I have known personally for nearly two years) has never been physically violent in his life. To the contrary, throughout his life he's been subjected to acts of physical violence. His online comments mask a gentle disposition.

I don't know what else to say at this point.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

I promised Fat Man earlier by PM that I'd stay out of his hair, and I mean to, as far as his spat with Brigan goes.

However, images like the one below bother me, and I don't see what they contribute to the site.

[img ]htttp://www.spunangel.com/uploaded_images/ugly_ ... 720907.jpg[/img]
Last edited by recovering_fan on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Earl

Post by Earl »

I agree. It seems to express utter contempt for people.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hmmm... I don't really have any objections to that picture as such. I mean, it isn't really targeting any particular group of people, is it? There are no offensive statements towards a specific group on it. One can do with it as one wishes. Plus, I find it rather amusing. I wonder exactly how that was made? Which animal did they get those eyes from?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Well, I use that picture to represent some redneck's sister or daughter.

You got to admit, it does like kind of redneck.

I can't tell if it's a HE or a SHE or an IT.

It's more like a combination of all three, the results of many redneck generations of downbreeding and inbreeding.

So, I guess it can be called a HE-SHIT!!!

greencom

Post by greencom »

Brigan,
In reference to your earlier post ... you omitted a couple of words in my quote, I said "the vast majority of sports fan I'VE MET". True I can't speak for ALL of the sports fans in the world, just the hundred or so I've had to personally deal with and out of that number only a small amount showed me any respect for my lack of interest in sports and even those guys gave me the impression that they were just being polite, in itself unusual for a jock. Let's get real here, to you and the other jock minded fans it is plain abnormal to lack interest in sports, admit it you do feel that way don't you? Not that I care anyway. By the way, the manner in which you manipulate other people's words and try to turn them around around tells me you will be a great lawyer. :lol:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:Brigan,
In reference to your earlier post ... you omitted a couple of words in my quote, I said "the vast majority of sports fan I'VE MET". True I can't speak for ALL of the sports fans in the world, just the hundred or so I've had to personally deal with and out of that number only a small amount showed me any respect for my lack of interest in sports and even those guys gave me the impression that they were just being polite, in itself unusual for a jock. Let's get real here, to you and the other jock minded fans it is plain abnormal to lack interest in sports, admit it you do feel that way don't you? Not that I care anyway. By the way, the manner in which you manipulate other people's words and try to turn them around around tells me you will be a great lawyer. :lol:
Forget it!

There is no reasoning with Brigan.

If he had a brain, he'd have it bouncing up and down, trying to shoot hoops!!!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Replies to various people in the thread...

---------------------
@ChrisOH
ChrisOH wrote:Think about it: nowadays every game broadcast has a little box or banner on the screen telling you the score, the time remaining, what down it is, what the ball-strike count is, etc. No need to exert any mental energy to keep track of these things on your own. Heck, you don't even have to form an opinion on what's happening -- the announcers are right there to tell you what a good or bad play or coaching decision you just saw!
Yeah, watching sports improves the mind about much as playing chess would if your uncle were standing over your shoulder telling you what moves to make. :lol:

---------------------
@i_like_1981

On the subject of whether society has always been sports-obsessed...
i_like_1981 wrote:
recovering_fan wrote:That is a good question, because it hasn't always been this way. I bet if you thumbed through various old novels you would find guys who were into a variety of different hobbies.
Well, it's been this way for as long as I can remember, and certainly longer than I've been alive. I once watched a film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, which was originally written in the mid-1920s, and one line I could remember is when an older bloke gets up from a table to leave and says something like "You young people have got your sports to talk about..." - there was definitely a mention of sports in there somewhere. I know for a fact that soccer has been a popular pastime here in Britain since the late 19th century. So sports have been popular for a long time.
Think much farther back than The Great Gatsby. I'm thinking of the Regency era or even earlier, although it's unlikely that sports dominated culture in the Victorian era either, and team sports almost certainly did not.

---------------------
@Brigan
Brigan wrote:
ChrisOH wrote:It's ironic that sports would be be considered "patriotic", seeing as they create artificial animosity between groups of people from different cities, states, or even neighborhoods in the case of some school sports. Of course, the fans will tell you "it's all in good fun, blah blah blah", but it still seems like people use up a lot of mental and emotional energy hating on some team of people they've never met. Sports, it seems, divides people more than it brings them together.
I don't consider Sports to be patriotic, I even root for a foreign Country.
Chris wasn't using the word literally, just as I was not. I think he used "patriotism" in shudder quotes to indicate that sports fandom has replaced patriotism in many people's lives, just as sports have replaced war in our lives. However, if you lived in England and cheered for Portugal in football, I'm sure there would be many in your office who'd punish you for your "treason", mainly with sneers and coldness.

And if Chris, living in Cleveland, started cheering for LeBron James and the Miami Heat, he would be treated like a traitor as well.

RF
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

@Earl
I agree. It seems to express utter contempt for people.
I am going to remove that picture from my earlier post, so that those whose sensibilities it offends don't have to look at it as often. I'm going to screw up the BCC code, so that people don't have to see it.