and you think athletes get special privileges

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
SpeedofLeicht
Sports Bore

and you think athletes get special privileges

Post by SpeedofLeicht »

You never hear athletes complain when they go to jail and now Paris Hilton is complaining after barely a day in jail :roll:
Hollywood people get more "Special Privileges" than athletes and I never hear you people complain about them :roll:
Check out my web site -maybe I'll give you a hero autograph!
http://www.SpeedofLeicht.com/

Do it! You know you want to! I drive cars, after all!
Ray
Site Admin

Re: and you think athletes get special privileges

Post by Ray »

SpeedofLeicht wrote:You never hear athletes complain when they go to jail and now Paris Hilton is complaining after barely a day in jail :roll:
Hollywood people get more "Special Privileges" than athletes and I never hear you people complain about them :roll:

First, I don't know if it's true that athletes don't complain. I can't remember any of them complaining but even if they did, how would we know? The news wouldn't carry it because no one cares about those jerks. They're about as useful --and disposable --as a kleenex.

People are sick of jocks and athletes and the special treatment they receive. I did a search on the special treatment of athletes and got over 10,000 pages of good material. I think we should open a whole new wing here at SportsSuck just to document the special treatment jocks receive. There is plenty of material to work with!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=at ... gle+Search

Thanks for the idea, speedo!

I Hope We Lose!
Yo_Joe

Post by Yo_Joe »

You know what? I think speed has a point here. We all have been argueing about all the special treatment that Athletes get and there are also many other people who do as well.
I wish I could be like you guys!!!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Yo_Joe wrote:We all have been argueing about all the special treatment that Athletes get and there are also many other people who do as well.
Well, given that the name of the website is SPORTS Suck...
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Yo_Joe wrote:You know what? I think speed has a point here. We all have been argueing about all the special treatment that Athletes get and there are also many other people who do as well.
The only point here is the one on top of your head. :)
There is no comparison in how celebrities and jocks are treated. Celebrities are rare --princes, movie producers, or models --one out of a million. Athletes are as common as dirt. Every high school has a large selection. Every third student is involved in some kind of physical sport. You can't swing a dead cat in high school without hitting a fuckin' football player!

So even if both sets (that means groups) of people received preferential treatment, because of their sheer numbers, jocks would, by far, receive the majority of the special treatment meted out.

So the problem is CLEARLY with the jocks.

It appears that someone needs to reacquaint themself with Article V of our manifesto. And the Pledge of Allegiance to the International I Hate Sports Club Confederation.

I Hope We Lose!