What the hell IS "baseball" anyway??

Can't stand people who are willing to pay for the chance to applaud other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!
jockocaust

What the hell IS "baseball" anyway??

Post by jockocaust »

It's soo moronic. At least basketball or soccer are very natural activities where you actually have to be like .... "active" ya know! What is baseball? One side takes turns, ONE player at a time, to swing at a little hard ball with a stick? The pitcher just takes as much time as he likes, and usually does! Then the other side just stands around in a large field, and on any given play several of them actually have to move a little bit. What an odd activity! And the best part of all, people PAY good money to friggin watch this!! And we haven't even gotten into the spoiled primadonna pathologies of the players, who are paid MILLIONS of dollars to do this, and all they do is complain! GEEEEEZ.... Americans are sure DUMMIES!!! Why the hell are we so surprised that 17 other countries are graduating more scientists than we are?? Even a nation like Nigeria at least has it's priorities in order, much more than the United States!
Meme

Re: What the hell IS "baseball" anyway??

Post by Meme »

I was forced to play baseball by my grandpa at a young age, (see Help! thread :x :x for detail) and I was the "Christ, why am I here, someone kill me now "type. The coach was an ass, andI was forced to be taken aside to get a "lesson" from him about what hurts or not. That got me thinking what you are thinking, and I quit the team.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Good description of baseball, but you forgot to also mention the spitting of disgusting brown glop onto the ground, plus the crotch-grabbing. :twisted: I can see why you left it out, though. If you have been forced to sit through an entire baseball game, the sheer dullness probably put you to sleep so that you missed all that.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
resolvent

Post by resolvent »

jockocaust wrote:It's soo moronic.

The incredible stupidity and boredom of baseball is lambasted relentlessly
in the South Park episode "The Losing Edge" Episode 905
where all the baseball teams WANT to lose so they won't have to continue
playing this hideously boring game.