Dedicated Sports Channel Fails!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Agent 47

Dedicated Sports Channel Fails!

Post by Agent 47 »

Two years ago, one of the networks here started a new TV channel called "ONE HD," dedicated to only sports programming.

You can just imagine the advertising campaign they had for it when they were getting it started - they wheeled out all the athlebrities to hype it up and tell us how fantastic it was going to be.

BUT NOW THAT SPORTS CHANNEL HAS COLLAPSED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST!!!...
The Herald Sun wrote: Ten changes ONE HD to stop slide
April 07, 2011

CHANNEL Ten will scrap wall-to-wall sports coverage on digital offshoot ONE HD in favour of a broad slate of programs pitched at men.

Ten Network Holdings Ltd head Lachlan Murdoch says the broadcaster's soon-to-be-revamped all-sport digital channel was at a "dead end'' with ratings of below one share point.

Ten announced on Thursday that ONE, which hit television screens in March 2009, would be relaunched from May 8 with a Monday to Friday line-up featuring general entertainment programs designed to appeal to males aged between 25 and 54.

"One was underperforming from a ratings point of view; rating below a single share point was simply unsustainable and unable to contribute to our earnings,'' said Mr Murdoch, who is Ten's interim chief executive, chairman and a nine per cent shareholder.

"We were at a dead end with ONE as it stood. ''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/te ... 6035503926
HA HA!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
i_like_1981

Re: Dedicated Sports Channel Fails!

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, no matter how popular sports may be, for these fans it is obvious that "too much of a good thing" is very possible indeed. A "dead end"? "Lack of interest"? Maybe more people are beginning to see sense now and see the vain, wasteful industry that is modern football for what it really is. Prepare to see forum membership increase, people! :D (Well, we can hope...)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Yep, the people have voted with their remote controls, and they said - "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

Hopefully that will spook other investors away from investing in any more sports bullshit to shove down our throats!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Oh, people will always invest in sports. They'll invest, invest, invest, invest until the day sports can no longer go on. I still see England World Cup Mars Bars getting sold off in shops now, nine months after they got beaten in the tournament... whenever there are sheep around looking for sports to watch, the businessmen are going to go at them with all they've got... and then some! Just goes to show what a world of excess the sports industry is.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.