Can't get firefox 4.0 to start up.

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Indurrago

Can't get firefox 4.0 to start up.

Post by Indurrago »

So I upgraded my firefox from the previous version then when I restarted it, it wouldn't start-up. I tried uninstalling firefox altogether and reinstalling it(several times) but no luck either. Been using Chrome for a few weeks but I'm getting tired of the slower speed and I'm used to using firefox. Any advice on fixing this problem?
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Can't get firefox 4.0 to start up.

Post by Fat Man »

Indurrago wrote:So I upgraded my firefox from the previous version then when I restarted it, it wouldn't start-up. I tried uninstalling firefox altogether and reinstalling it(several times) but no luck either. Been using Chrome for a few weeks but I'm getting tired of the slower speed and I'm used to using firefox. Any advice on fixing this problem?
Good afternoon Indurrago:

OK, what happens when you uninstall a program, it is never completely uninstalled. There is always going to be something left of it, a sort of a ghost of the program in the registry files.

I suggest you download and install a program called Final Uninstaller. Do a Google search for download final uninstaller and you'll find the web site for it.

OK, it doesn't cost you anything to download it and save it to your hard drive, and you can uninstall up to three programs for free. After that, you'll have to register it, and I don't remember how much it cost. But the first three uninstalls are free.

Run that program, and use it to uninstall your Mozilla Firefox, both the older version and the new version. This will get rid of all the related files in the registry.

Then re-install your Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and now that your registry files had been cleaned up, it will be like installing your Mozilla Firefox brand new for the first time.

I hope that helps.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Fat Man wrote: OK, what happens when you uninstall a program, it is never completely uninstalled. There is always going to be something left of it, a sort of a ghost of the program in the registry files.
I had my suspicions that was the case. Ok thanks, I'm gonna try your advice now.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Forgive for double-posting but FUCK YES IT WORKED!!! Thanks BIG TIME fatman, this is exactly what I needed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The interface looks google-chromey.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Indurrago wrote:Forgive for double-posting but FUCK YES IT WORKED!!! Thanks BIG TIME fatman, this is exactly what I needed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You're entirely welcome!

And no need to apologize for the double post.

I'm glad I could be of assistance.

When you use the Uninstall that comes with Microsoft Windows, and when uninstalling any program, it always leaves some traces of it in the registry, so the program is never completely uninstalled.

And if the program had failed to start up, it's because some of the .exe files were corrupted, and when you try to reinstall the program, it still has the corrupted .exe files in the registry.

That's why I told you about Final Uninstaller, because it cleans up every last trace of the corrupted .exe program files from the registry.

Then it gives you a nice clean fresh start, like installing it brand new for the first time.

You'll probably be able to uninstall a couple more programs with your Final Uninstaller, then you'll have to register your Final Uninstaller for a fee, and you will then receive an activation code, sort of like a serial number, then you'll be able to uninstall more programs, should the need arise, and re-install them again.

Anyway . . .

I'm just glad I was able to help.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!