Here we go again

Can't stand people who are willing to pay for the chance to applaud other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!
Stardust

Here we go again

Post by Stardust »

Here we go again..Baseball season..While living in Massachusetts baseball season to me signals the end of winter and the beginning of warmer weather, now I must put up with baseball everywhere I go..except in my home of course..It's everywhere, my familys homes, at my job, TV news....ARRGGHHHH.. That's why I've always considered my home my sanctuary..It's my escape from reality and from all these sports..another reason I like going to the ocean, parks and such places..peaceful..One of my favorite places to go is Walden Pond..Nice place to walk..

How do you all deal with it? I mean baseball season is so long..They play so many games..There is a game on just about every single day..
i_like_1981

Re: Here we go again

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thankfully we don't have big-league baseball over here. Now, you may be getting jealous, but don't start getting too keen on England yet... for nine months out of the year we have to put up with football season time. (Soccer to Americans.) Football is the undisputed king of sports over here in Britain and if you don't like it, then you're absolutely screwed when it comes to starting a conversation in pubs or with other blokes at work etc. Thankfully football season is coming to an end next month (I think) and doesn't start again until August, so I could be in line for a nice summer. Nonetheless, good luck in getting through baseball time. Looks like you're going to need it.

We have other sports that are popular over here in England, like cricket and rugby, but they are definitely not as dominant as football. Nowhere close. However, I do believe that in Scotland and Wales, things may be different. Different as in different popular sports, I mean. Yep, sports pretty much rule over the UK as well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
pettejohns

Post by pettejohns »

As we all are aware of the fact that most of the people like to play games, as games are good for the health as well as the way to have fun and entertainment and enjoyment, it is very necessary for a person to play games, games need energy.There are different types of sports as we know but the thing is which one you want to play.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

pettejohns wrote:As we all are aware of the fact that most of the people like to play games, as games are good for the health as well as the way to have fun and entertainment and enjoyment, it is very necessary for a person to play games, games need energy.There are different types of sports as we know but the thing is which one you want to play.
Neither of them!

I can think of more fun ways to get some exercise.

When I was a kid I enjoyed swimming and riding my bicycle, especially out in the country. I liked hiking in the forest. I had a Gilbert Microscope & Lab Kit, and I liked to collect live specimens to examine under my microscope when I got home from hiking in the woods.

I was 13 years old when our family moved down from Minnesota to New Mexico, and I enjoyed hiking out in the desert and bringing back all kinds of interesting cactus for my desert garden, and I liked collecting fossils while rock climbing.

So, there are many fun ways to go out and get some exercise, and maybe even accomplish something useful.

Any retard can case a ball around.

Hell, I can even teach a dog to chase a ball.

Sports is structured playtime for retards with no imagination.

I preferred a more creative sort of "playtime" which actually allowed even more freedom of movement and the use of ones imagination, where as in sports, you have to play by a bunch of rigid and stupid rules that does not allow for the use of imagination or creativity.

So, the kind of exercise I did, involved both the body AND the mind.

In sports, you just use your muscles, but not your mind.

Your body may be active, but your mind is not.

By the way, welcome to our web site forum.

Catch ya later, sleepy head!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote: Any retard can case a ball around.

Hell, I can even teach a dog to chase a ball.

Sports is structured playtime for retards with no imagination.

I preferred a more creative sort of "playtime" which actually allowed even more freedom of movement and the use of ones imagination, where as in sports, you have to play by a bunch of rigid and stupid rules that does not allow for the use of imagination or creativity.

So, the kind of exercise I did, involved both the body AND the mind.

In sports, you just use your muscles, but not your mind.

Your body may be active, but your mind is not.
This is why I've never fully understood the emphasis on sports in schools. School, it would seem to me, should teach you how to make best use of your imagination and creativity to learn new things and solve problems. (Yes, there's facts we must know -- but true learning involves usage and interpretation of those facts. Sports would seem the antithesis of that -- just follow whatever what the rules and coaches tell you to do, and conform to the "standards."
dannj

Post by dannj »

Hey all,
This may be a bit late, since the BB season is about over but gotta add my 2$ worth in.
Ok, you want to know what good baseball is here you go.

Tape a game! And then when you have one of those nights where insomnia hits. Just pop in the old bb game, listen to the announcers drone, and within a very short time you will become very sleeeeepy and drift off into lala land...LOL Sincerely
Dan :mrgreen:
BuffJock
Sports Bore

Post by BuffJock »

Guess baseball is a little too deep for you guys, huh? And you say JOCKS are the ones who are less intelligent. HAH!
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

You're babbling, Buffy. Care to make an argument about what we're missing and how it's so deep? I'm guessing not...

I'll leave you now to let you play with your less-than-fly balls.
BuffJock
Sports Bore

Post by BuffJock »

People who call baseball boring likely don't understand the complexities of the game. I'm willing to wager a damn lot of money that you guys don't fully grasp all the ins and outs. It's more than just swinging at a pitch. There's way more strategy to the game than you can even imagine. People, including myself, often correlate the baseball to a game of chess. Now, of course baseball is slow paced (just as chess is). However, every single thing that happens in the game affects the next move. There's no point in me explaining exactly HOW this is, because none of you would understand what I'm talking about.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

[b][color=#FF00FF]ButtCock[/color][/b] wrote:People who call baseball boring likely don't understand the complexities of the game. I'm willing to wager a damn lot of money that you guys don't fully grasp all the ins and outs. It's more than just swinging at a pitch. There's way more strategy to the game than you can even imagine. People, including myself, often correlate the baseball to a game of chess. Now, of course baseball is slow paced (just as chess is). However, every single thing that happens in the game affects the next move. There's no point in me explaining exactly HOW this is, because none of you would understand what I'm talking about.
Hey everybody!

Notice how all these sports fans and jocks like to compare sports with chess, be it baseball, or basketball, or football, or even hockey!

They all like to compare their favorite sport with chess.

Hell, didn't somebody awhile back even try to compare boxing to chess?

Sorry Buffy! (A girl's name)

But that's a tired worn out standard old cliché that's been done to death, and we're all tired of hearing it.

Now, if you were to compare your favorite sport with tiddly winks, or spin the bottle, or hop scotch, or some other childish infantile Kindergarten level game, then maybe we'll all listen to you!

Otherwise, put on your high heels and pack your Gucci bag and, HIT THE ROAD JACK, AND DON'T COME BACK!

No wait . . . . .

In your case . . . . .

. . . hit the road Jackie and don't come backie!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

I also TOTALLY love Buffy's somewhat non-standard use of the word "correlate."

Would he say the coefficient of correlation between baseball and chess is 0.8 ? Or maybe it's closer to 1.9 ???
I wasn't aware correlations above 1.0 were even possible, but then maybe if I belonged to the right frats I'd have heard of them.

Baseball and Chess: So Correlatible !