I'm terrible at shopping for presents and I need your help!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Earl

Re: I'm terrible at shopping for presents and I need your he

Post by Earl »

:shock: Good grief, Fat Man ... :( :( :( He's not a monster. He's just a kid, and you really know nothing about him. You act as if he's another Samdaman, but he ain't ...

By the way, Safety, some people haven't been taught by their parents to actually say "Thank you" for a gift. They assume that saying how much they enjoy the gift is enough. In her own mind your friend may actually believe that she did thank you.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

OK guys.

I'm only suggesting that Safety must not be very bright, else, he would not let himself be taken advantage of so easily.

I know he's not another Samdaman, and maybe I came down a little too heavy on him, but still, he strikes me as not being very bright, and I have to be honest in my assessment.

If I met a gal that I liked, and wanted to date her someday, and if she started pulling the same shit, accepting my gifts, but refusing to tell me were she lives, and not wanting to actually be with me, but was only interested in what I have to give her, well. . . after being hurt too many times, I would leave her, like, good-by Honey, it's been nice knowing you!

Women like that are called gold diggers!!!

I'm not going to call her anything else, so, I'll just leave it with that.

But, I do feel the need to give an honest assessment of the situation. OK?

I'm only saying that she's playing him for a fool, and I'm calling him out on that. I'm saying that he's being an easily mislead fool.

OK, It's now after 10:00 PM as I'm typing this message.

This afternoon, about 7:00 PM sometime after I had posted my previous message in this topic, I laid down and took a little cat nap and got up again 9:00 PM and, well . . . I had a rather disturbing dream.

I can't remember all the details of the dream, but it had something to do a woman who gave me a really expensive beautiful antique gold pocket watch! But, there was something about the watch, something that was really bad. Again, I can't remember all the details, all I knew was when you looked at the watch, you could not tell time on it. There was nothing mechanically wrong with the watch. It had the 12 numbers around the face, the minute hand and hour hand, and a sweep second hand, and the watch was ticking just fine, and the second hand was going around like it's suppose to, but, when you looked at the watch, you just couldn't tell the time.

On an ordinary watch or clock, for example: if the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand on the 3, you would know it says 3 o'clock. But when you looked at this watch in my dream, if the big hand was on the 12 and the little hand was on the 3, you just couldn't tell the time, until you put the watch back in your pocket, then you could tell it was 3 o'clock.

Somehow, the watch made you stupid while you were looking at it! Yeah! I know, weird dream!

Again, I can only vaguely remember the dream, not all the details, but I think the dream must have been related to this topic because I dozed off thinking about this situation. Yeah, I know, it was only a stupid dream.

Anyway . . . . .

Getting back on topic again . . .

Actually, I really do feel kind of sorry for safety because she's playing him for a sucker. But I felt the need to call him out on it.

I'm saying he needs to smarten up, or to wise up.

If a guy is being taken for a fool, is there anything wrong with calling him out on it?

OK, I could have been more gentle and more polite about it, and just simply told him that he needed to wise up.

But no, you all know how I am. OK?

I have to put things in my own cynical dialect with all it's colorful euphemisms, by saying that she's milking him for all he's worth, that he's her prize cow, and that he needs to think with his big head and not with his little head, and that he also needs to grow a pair, not in his pants, but rather, under his hat, that is, a pair of pre-forntal lobes.

Now, ya see?

Doesn't that sound more colorful???

Yeah, I know, not very gentle and not very polite.

But ya gotta admit, more colorful!!!

Yeah, I don't speak in black & white. I speak in color!!!

Sorry 'bout that!!! OK???

Ya know? This web site forum is sort of like a Rosetta Stone, only instead of different languages, it's more like different dialects of English.

For example:

I speak Ancient Cynic.

Safety speaks Ancient Moronic!

OK! OK! Just kidding!

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist that one!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:If I met a gal that I liked, and wanted to date her someday, and if she started pulling the same shit, accepting my gifts, but refusing to tell me were she lives, and not wanting to actually be with me, but was only interested in what I have to give her, well. . . after being hurt too many times, I would leave her, like, good-by Honey, it's been nice knowing you!

Women like that are called gold diggers!!!
I suppose you've got a point there. It looks as though Safety has come across rather a gold digger here. I'm sure a few of the women I've spoken to in the past were like that; thankfully it never got to the "gift-buying" stage, as I expect I'd have looked a completely gullible tool spending money on someone who evidently wouldn't give me anything back to show their appreciation. It's a sad situation that there are so many people out there who fall in love just for the prospect of money. I can remember some story years back about a young woman marrying some rich bloke about four times her age (can't remember any precise details or names), most likely because she knew he'd pop his clogs soon and she'd get his hands on his fortune. People who are being used shouldn't be laughed at. It really isn't a nice position to be in, especially when you sincerely believe that the person using you has genuine feelings for you.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

She's not a "gold digger" and she's not taking advantage of me. We've been friends for a few good years and our friendship is just in a rut right now and that's all. It would be bad for you to make judgements about her or our friendship since you barely know about either of those things. With that being said, how do I delete this thread?
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence