Internet Forums, Consoling Words and Helpful Advice

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
WeakMincingSissy

Internet Forums, Consoling Words and Helpful Advice

Post by WeakMincingSissy »

I urge everybody who participates in posting on forums on the internet to read this and think about it as it relates to said activity and you:

It appears to be human nature inherent in good, caring and empathic people to want to and enjoy providing consoling words and helpful advice whenever and wherever they perceive it as in order. I simply ask that before one does as so, that they take a brief pause first, re-read that to which they plan to reply/respond/comment and ask themselves the following:

Is this person who's writing that I plan to reply/respond/comment on, directly or indirectly ASKING for advice or consoling words or are they simply having fun or neither?

Generally and for the most part, a seasoned internet forum poster can tell by the ENTIRE post of another, particularly from that poster's choice of words, the general tone and the introducing and conclusive sentences of a post, if that poster is enjoying him/herself or if that poster was (and therefore may still be) hurting.

I have sometimes heard that there can be no harm in assuming someone is hurting and in need of consolation and/or advice but I would beg to differ in that thought line. Sometimes one person's unsolicited advice and/or consolation may actually ruin or detract from the fun of another by and in a way I find hard enough to describe as yet other than to say: being a downer or blowing it. That said, it is universally understood that any internet post is an open invitation to comment and there will always be misunderstandings within internet forums with regard to meaning, intent, motivation and interest.

- Just sort of some food for thought and perhaps me thinking out loud. Peace out and may all be as good to all as all can be as far as all good is known to be. - w

'Answer' to the deductive reasoning suggestion above as applied to the above entire post:

The writer of the above post is NEITHER asking for advice or consolation nor is simply having fun.

ChrisOH

Re: Internet Forums, Consoling Words and Helpful Advice

Post by ChrisOH »

A belated welcome to the forum, WeakMincingSissy! :)

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your message -- but it seems that you are secure in being a cross-dresser, and just want to have fun with it, as opposed to desiring sympathy or commiseration, as you feel no sadness or shame. Is my understanding correct?

In any event, welcome to the forums and I look forward to hearing more from you! :)
Earl

Post by Earl »

Greetings, assuming you're not a troll.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

After last night's incident, I now strongly suspect you are a troll. I would advise you to prove otherwise and to do so promptly. Your posting days are numbered. Just a few more and you're gone ...

By the way, how are you /sp/artans doing these days?

Wait a minute. I've got a better idea. Why don't you just drop the pretense? (It's simply too pat for me to believe.) Stop pretending you're a candidate for a case study of perversion in abnormal psychology and post as the hater you really are. That would be more FUN (your favorite word) for all of us. :twisted:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Earl

Post by Earl »

Time is running out ...

If you don't post again before tomorrow evening, you will be banned; and all of your posts will be deleted. As I suspect you're a troll, I regard your username as a deliberate insult.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I don't particularly trust this guy either. The username has troll written all over it. Not to mention the fact we had another 4channer posting on our forum recently (I saw the 4chan thread last night that proved it... it's probably gone now). It's either in the football or basketball forum... you'll probably recognise it when you see it.

That being said, Earl, please don't delete this topic or the posts. Some of us are trying to build up our post count here! :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:I don't particularly trust this guy either. The username has troll written all over it.
When I saw his username dispayed in the Board Index as "Our newest member," I was delighted to see a new username that obviously did not belong to a spammer. I assumed that the new member was genuine and that the combination of the three words in his username was sarcastic. Well, of course, I was wrong.
i_like_1981 wrote:Not to mention the fact we had another 4channer posting on our forum recently (I saw the 4chan thread last night that proved it... it's probably gone now). It's either in the football or basketball forum... you'll probably recognise it when you see it.
No doubt you're referring to costanza, who submitted a blank post earlier this week (which, incidentally, has been deleted). Fat Man notified me that costanza had sent him a PM in which he said something to the effect of "We're still thinking of you" and posted a link to a 4chan webpage where an excerpt from WeakMincingSissy's first OP was copied and pasted and attributed to Fat Man; so, I banned costanza immediately. I checked the 4chan sports board (in which I had lost interest last fall) and noticed that one of their anonymous members was using the same avatar as costanza did in our forum.
i_like_1981 wrote:That being said, Earl, please don't delete this topic or the posts. Some of us are trying to build up our post count here! :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Okay. Agreed. I won't delete any of the posts in his two threads. I won't even ban him. If he should ever post again (which I seriously doubt), we can have some FUN. In the meantime (speaking of fun), in my privileged position as a moderator, I'm now going to use my creative editing powers on several posts that were submitted earlier this week ... :mrgreen:

(Hint: See above and elsewhere ... :wink: )

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:That being said, Earl, please don't delete this topic or the posts. Some of us are trying to build up our post count here! :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Okay. Agreed. I won't delete any of the posts in his two threads. I won't even ban him. If he should ever post again (which I seriously doubt), we can have some FUN. In the meantime (speaking of fun), in my privileged position as a moderator, I'm now going to use my creative editing powers on several posts that were submitted earlier this week ... :mrgreen:

(Hint: See above and elsewhere ... :wink: )
WOW! I have just seen the re-editing you did on forum posts by WeakMincingSissy!!!

Remind me not to ever get you pissed off at me! :)

Watch out everybody! Earl's got a new Internet toy!

Ever since I told him how to post images, it looks like I've created a monster! :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:WOW! I have just seen the re-editing you did on forum posts by WeakMincingSissy!!!
That was fun! I enjoyed doing that. :mrgreen:
Fat Man wrote: Remind me not to ever get you pissed off at me! :)

Ever since I told him how to post images, it looks like I've created a monster! :D
I would never do that to a real member. Only to a troll, whether hateful or merely annoying.

By the way, you never know what you might find in a Google image search. :lol:

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
Fat Man wrote:WOW! I have just seen the re-editing you did on forum posts by WeakMincingSissy!!!
That was fun! I enjoyed doing that. :mrgreen:
Fat Man wrote: Remind me not to ever get you pissed off at me! :)

I would never do that to a real member. Only to a troll, whether hateful or merely annoying.

Yes, I do know.

I do Google image searches all the time!

Tell me something I don't know!

I do Google, and so do you do! 8)
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Earl wrote:
Fat Man wrote: Watch out everybody! Earl's got a new Internet toy!

Ahhh...with great power comes great responsibility... :mrgreen:
Yeah, it's like Christmas morning every day, not knowing what treasures may lie out there! :lol:

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

So apparently the 4channers are back? Blah. I think they might be worse than the spammers. At least when spammers try to fool you into thinking they're legit, they do a terrible job of it. With the 4channers, they sound sincere, I grow to like them, and then it's a letdown when I find out what they really are. :evil:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

abitagirl wrote:So apparently the 4channers are back? Blah. I think they might be worse than the spammers. At least when spammers try to fool you into thinking they're legit, they do a terrible job of it. With the 4channers, they sound sincere, I grow to like them, and then it's a letdown when I find out what they really are. :evil:
Yeah, I was seriously fooled by that Awesome! guy last year. I never really trusted Hank based on how quickly he signed up to the forum following the raid - too much of a coincidence, that he would be doing legitimate posts right at the very moment we were getting the shit spammed out of the forum. As for Awesome!, though, I was actually planning to log on the evening after he joined the forum and welcome him when I received the email telling me he had been banned. Some of them do a pretty good job of pulling the wool over our eyes. That being said, I would have to question the credibility of someone who used the username "WeakMincingSissy". :|

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:I would have to question the credibility of someone who used the username "WeakMincingSissy". :|
When I first saw Fat Man's name, I thought he was some jock who thought it would be funny to use a name like that, as one of the most common insults, aside from "fag" and "nerd" (yes, they consider "nerd" an insult), is "fat". Yeah, we don't like sports, so we're all automatically fat. Well, I, for one, can't seem to put any weight on. :P

Anyway, we now know Fat Man isn't some jock with a fake name meant to make fun of us. But WeakMincingSissy...? Seriously?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Skul wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:I would have to question the credibility of someone who used the username "WeakMincingSissy". :|
When I first saw Fat Man's name, I thought he was some jock who thought it would be funny to use a name like that, as one of the most common insults, aside from "fag" and "nerd" (yes, they consider "nerd" an insult), is "fat". Yeah, we don't like sports, so we're all automatically fat. Well, I, for one, can't seem to put any weight on. :P

Anyway, we now know Fat Man isn't some jock with a fake name meant to make fun of us. But WeakMincingSissy...? Seriously?
Well, I use the name Fat Man because I actually like being fat.

Also, the name has pizazz!

Back in the late 70s my favorite detective programs was Cannon and then, Jake And The Fat Man.

So, to me, the name Fat Man is kind of cool.

I AM FAT MAN!
I AM DA BOMB!

As you all can see, sometimes I like to make fun of myself.