Cheerleader Who Wouldn’t Cheer Her Rapist Lost Court Appeal!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Cheerleader Who Wouldnâ??t Cheer Her Rapist Lost Court Appeal!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, everybody!

This is, like, so absolutely disgusting!

Like, did I just get off the wrong train in the wrong town, or what!!!???

Yeah, it doesn't get better than this!

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/cheerle ... es-appeal/

Cheerleader Who Wouldnâ??t Cheer Her
Alleged Rapist Loses Court Appeal

by Mohammed Rahman | 6:05 pm, May 3rd, 2011

A few months back, we reported on a cheerleader at a Texas high school who was kicked off the team for refusing to chant the name of a player â?? a player she claimed had raped her.

The girl, only known by her initials, H.S. claimed that she was raped at a party in October 2008 in her hometown of Silsbee, Texas. She identified the perpetrator as Rakheem Bolton, a star football and basketball player.

Bolton pleaded guilty in September 2010 to a misdemeanor assault charge.

In February 2009 at a basketball game, H.S. refused to cheer for Bolton. School administrators told her to either cheer or be dismissed, which she ultimately was.

She sued school officials and the district, but an appeals court found that as a cheerleader, she was speaking on behalf of the school. She didnâ??t have the right to exercise her free speech in that instance; in other words, they ruled that if she didnâ??t want to cheer for Bolton, she should have voluntarily quit the cheer squad.

The Supreme Court denied review of the case yesterday. She and her parents have to pay $45,000 in legal fees to reimburse the district.
Yeah! Don't ya all just love this???

First, she is raped by the school football/basketball player, then she is removed from her cheer leading squad because she refused to cheer the name of her rapist.

Meanwhile, monkey-boy gets off with a slap on the wrist by pleading guilty to a lesser charge!

She tries to sue her school, but is told that since she represents her school, she does not have any first amendment rights that allows her to refuse to cheer for her rapist.

So, she's kicked off her cheer leading squad and she takes her case to the Supreme Court, which charges her with filing a frivolous lawsuit.

And now, she must pay $54,000 dollars in legal fees.

Her life is now thoroughly fucked up and since she owes $45,000 dollars, she will probably never be able to go on to college.

Well, that $45,000 dollars will cover almost half the cost of a brand new Hummer that is to eventually be given away FREE to monkey-boy when he goes on to college to play basketball or football.

Yeah! It gets even better!

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/10/ ... _kicke.php

Rakheem Bolton Case: Girl Kicked Off Cheerleading
Team After Refusing to Root For Her Rapist

By Pete Kotz in Sex crimes, classroom creepiness
Wednesday, October 20, 2010, at 9:43 am

The girl was just 16, a cheerleader at Silsbee High School in Texas. She was at a party in 2008 when football star Rakheem Bolton, fellow player Christian Roundtree and another boy pushed her into a bedroom and locked the door, held her down, and sexually assaulted her...

When others tried to enter the room, Bolton and Roundtree jumped out a window, leaving their clothes behind.

The girl filed charges, but that didn't put an end to her trauma. Sphincteric school superintendent Richard Bain Jr. would make sure it only got worse.

When the girl returned to school, administrators decided the best course of action was for the girl to slink away in a corner and try not to be seen. They told her to avoid the cafeteria and not take part in homecoming. Out of sight, out of mind.

But the girl refused. She was the victim, after all, not the one who should be hiding. She also refused to root for Bolton on the court during basketball season. While the other girls cheered whenever he was at the free throw line, she remained silent.

To Bain, whose ass is tighter than a Nazi spinster's, this was an outrage. So he gave the girl an ultimatum: Either root for her rapist, or be kicked off the cheerleading team. She refused and was cut from the squad.

Her parents sued, claiming her termination violated her free speech. But in an equally sphincterific and wholly inhumane ruling, a Texas appeals court ruled that the girl had no right to free speech, since the school could dictate her speech in her capacity as a cheerleader.

Last month, the insult from the school only got worse when a court piled on. Bolton was allowed to plead to a lesser charge of assault. He received just two years of probation, a $2,500 fine, community service, and is required to take an anger management class.
Oh wow! A $2,500 dollar fine and doing some community service!

How terrible!!! They can't do that to him, because he's a jock!

Aw! The poor baby!

Screw him! He can just go suck a donkey cock as far as I'm concerned!!!

Hey! Like, why not? This is after all, Texas!

I believe rapists should get the death penalty, which is lethal injection here in the state of Texas.

He seriously should go to the gurney!

OK, here's more . . .

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/tag/rakheem-bolton/

Newsflash: Cheerleader Denied Justice (Again)
May 4, 2011 by Caroline Heldman

In a Texas case I wrote about on the Ms. Blog in October, Hillaire S. was 16-years-old in October 2008 when she was taken into a dark room at a house party by four high school athletes, one of whom raped her while another held her down. When three students in the hall heard Hillaireâ??s cries of â??stop,â? they broke through the locked door as the athletes fled through a window, breaking it in the process. The rapist, Rakheem Bolton, fled into the woods without his clothes, then returned to demand them and threatened to kill everyone at the house.

Three months after the rape, a grand jury chose not to indict Bolton or his accomplice, Christian Rountree. In private interviews I learned that Boltonâ??s family pastor was on the jury, and that his cousin, Thomas Tyler, is also a powerful member of the city council, under the employ of District Attorney David Sheffield, who presented the case.

Later in the year, another grand jury indicted the perpetrators, and Bolton pled guilty to simple assault in September 2010. Bolton was let back on the campus of Silsbee High School between the conflicting grand jury rulings, just in time for basketball playoffs. Hillaire refused to cheer for Bolton when he approached the free-throw line. The cheer she refused to say? â??Two, four, six, eight, ten, come on Rakheem, put it in.â?

Superintendent Richard Bain and other school administrators kicked her off the squad for refusing to cheer for her rapist, so Hillaireâ??s parents sued the school for violating her right to free speech. An appeals court dismissed her case, finding that, as a cheerleader, she was a â??mouthpiece through which the school could disseminate speechâ??namely, support for its athletic teams.â? They also found that Hillaireâ??s refusal to cheer for her rapist â??constituted substantial interference with the work of the school,â? even though her protest was silent. Hillaireâ??s attorney, Laurence Watts, filed an appeal with the Supreme Court on December 23, 2010, but Monday the court decided not to hear the case. On top of that, Hillaireâ??s family is now obligated to pay the school $45,000 for legal expenses incurred.

While itâ??s not surprising that the Supreme Court didnâ??t call the case up, considering that they hear only a small fraction of cases that are petitioned, the callousness and potential unconstitutionality of the lower court ruling should have caused the justices to at least consider it. Craig, Hillaireâ??s outspoken father, has said that his daughter was raped, then â??raped again by the school district, and raped by the D.A., and raped by the appeals court.â? Now he can add the Supreme Court to this list.

Caroline Heldman has spent the last seven months researching Hillaireâ??s case in Silsbee, Texas. A longer story on the case is forthcoming.

Image from Wikimedia
OK! OK! OK!

Now this is really disgusting, way, way, way, beyond the pale!!!
The cheer she refused to say? â??Two, four, six, eight, ten, come on Rakheem, put it in.â?
OK, I know that it really means, to put the ball in the basket, but to one who's a rape victim, "put it in" can have a double meaning, because he sure as Hell did "put it in" her!!!

It's really sick, that she should be forced to cheer for a rapist and encourage him to "put it in" even if in only meant putting a ball into a basket. That "put it in" shit is the last thing one should ever say to a rapist!!!

THIS IS REALLY SICK BEYOND BELIEF!

Well, actually, it is believable, because we're talking about sports here. It's par for the course, if you'll all pardon me for using a sports euphemism here.

And of course, it continues to get better as usual.
as a cheerleader, she was a â??mouthpiece through which the school could disseminate speechâ??namely, support for its athletic teams.â? They also found that Hillaireâ??s refusal to cheer for her rapist â??constituted substantial interference with the work of the school,â? even though her protest was silent.
Gee! I always thought that the work of a school was to provide an education for the students. But I guess I must be wrong! Apparently, the work of a school must be to encourage a rapist, and cheering for him, by telling him to put it in, so I guess that must be the real work of a school. Eh?

I mean, like, seriously!

Shouldn't the real work of a school be something like, Oh, I don't know, like, maybe teaching some science, and some math, and perhaps some history?

How about teaching about the Constitution and the First Amendment for starters?

But instead, her school chose to bypass the Constitution and her First Amendment rights.

OK, I believe the voting age should be lowered to 16 instead of 18, because 16 is the age she was when she was raped. Then, she could exercise her First Amendment rights under the Constitution.

But we still need to keep the age of consent laws at 18. Yeah! Ya got that? Ya NAMBLA pedo-perves out there???

So, you bastards can go straight down to fucking Hell!!!

Well, I was going to post a few more articles here.

But I'm so pissed off right now that I'm about to put my fist through the monitor screen.

So, I'll just submit this post and go on to do something else.

Catch ya gators later!

Night all!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Re: Cheerleader Who Wouldnâ??t Cheer Her Rapist Lost Court App

Post by i_like_1981 »

I don't know what to say. This is absolutely disgraceful. What sort of a world are we living in when people who are good at kicking a ball around literally become "above the law" just because of that sole reason? I thought we had it bad over here in Britain but this puts things in perspective a lot more. If schools are only going to stick up for their sports players and let all the others be damned, what hope is there for the academic future of the country? What can be done with a so-called "school" who can't bring itself to punish its disgraced athletes?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
ChrisOH

Re: Cheerleader Who Wouldnâ??t Cheer Her Rapist Lost Court App

Post by ChrisOH »

Thanks for posting this, Fat Man....there's so many angles to this that it's hard to know where to begin.... :evil:

Just a few thoughts:

1) If the cheerleader was "mouthpiece of the school" and "represented them", wasn't the player also such a representative of the school, by wearing a uniform with their name on it and performing under their banner? They seemed perfectly OK to have him representing the school even with an accusation of rape against him (which incidentally, rape and other sexual misconduct crimes are the type where often being accused is nearly as bad as being guilty, as far as the court of public opinion goes -- "ordinary Joes" like most of us would've been ruined merely by the charge and forced to resign from our jobs or any posts we held, but this guy gets to keep playing like nothing at all happened?). Just another case of athletes given preferential treatment, even before the case was even heard.

2) His pastor was on the grand jury, and his cousin was on city council??? WTF? I'm not a legal expert, but these facts alone should have been grounds for at the very least, a change of venue with a new grand jury, I would think. The deck was stacked against this young lady from the very beginning! :evil:

3) Since the player did plead guilty, albeit to a lesser charge, the decent thing to do would be, at a bare minimum, for the school district and the court to waive the judgment of court costs against the young lady and her family. The school can't afford it? Let the "athletic boosters" hold a bake sale or something to cover it, since I'm sure they'd gladly come come to the defense of their "stars"! :roll: