"Sports sucks" - I can see the clever thinking in the name..

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: "Sports sucks" - I can see the clever thinking in the na

Post by Earl »

Hi, Safety. :) I will respond to your post. Just give me time to compose a "mini-essay" ... :mrgreen: Be patient. It will take a while.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

Come on, Fat Man ... let's go easy on our young friend. :)

Safety, remember Andy, the Montana State football player? I rushed to his defense when he started leaving messages in the Guestbook and the two times when his posting in the forum was attended by controversy. Why did I do that? Because I was convinced that he was exactly as he represented himself. He said that he did not mind that we were not interested in sports and that he only objected to being stereotyped as a football player. His objection was legitimate, and I stood by it. And while I may not have agreed with every single one of their comments, I respected (and even admired) SportsGuy92 and Polite24 as they raised their own objections to comments made by forum members who were supporting this website. And why did I respect them? Because they sought to be civil. I was sorry when they stopped posting.

Guess what, my young friend. Since each of us has the other's e-mail address, Andy and I have been corresponding from time to time. Earlier this spring he sent me the photograph someone had taken of him as he was making his first touchdown in a college game. Even though I had never been a football fan and didn't even know how the game was played, I celebrated with him because I knew this was a great thrill in his life. He's a very decent kid, and I say that he's entitled to enjoy himself by playing football. On the other hand, if Samdaman were able to post here again and started bragging about his own gridiron exploits, I wouldn't be interested. Do you understand why? Because Samdaman is a vulgar, arrogant bully. In one of his Guestbook messages, he claimed he was beating up nerds at his high school. Should I admire a bully just because he excels at a sport? Some sports fans think I should.

Do you understand why I celebrate Andy's touchdown and why I wouldn't be interested in Samdaman's gridirion exploits? Because Andy is a decent kid who deserves the respect of others and Samdaman is a cad whom I wouldn't be surprised gets away with a lot of mischief. In other words, I view them as individuals, which is the proper way to relate to anyone. I dare say the sports media as a whole and some fans don't make a distinction between an Andy and a Samdaman. They don't care how their heroes conduct themselves off the playing field. All they care about is how well they play the game.

Incidentally, I doubt that daves336 can understand how someone like me could celebrate with someone like Andy but still be critical of the sports culture. There is no inconsistency because I make a distinction between the game and the culture that is associated with the game. How many times do I have to say this to be understood? Sports fans like daves336 construe any criticism of the culture as an attack on the game. This reaction is illogical. As long as the playing rules aren't changed, the game stays the same; but culture may change or can be changed, although the change may occur over a very long time.

You mention the 4channers. You should know that trolls really don't believe in anything. They just want to make people mad; so, they say what they believe will cause their targets to become upset. There is no principle here. The 4channers who posted Fat Man's full name, residential address, e-mail address, and phone number on the Encyclopedia Dramatica webpage thought they had won a victory over him since they had made it possible for him to be harrassed, but they only succeeded in putting themselves in a position beneath Fat Man at his rhetorical worst. How do you feel about their mocking Fat Man's rape in the psychiatric ward? What does that say about them? With the exception of a few posters who said that Fat Man should be left alone because of the very rough life he had as he was growing up with bullying at school and an abusive stepfather who beat both him and his mother at home, the 4channers came off looking pathetic.

Respect is a two-way street. Do those who demand respect for athletes have any respect for those who have no interest in sports? Are most of the critics of this website really in favor of tolerance, or do they just simply believe that athletes should be placed on a pedestal and sports be overemphasized to the detriment of other extracurricular activities?

I lost respect for daves336 when he contradicted himself in such a hypocritical way. He said that we shouldn't complain about something that isn't forced upon us and then agreed, in so many words, that nonathletic boys should be forced to participate in sports in mandatory P.E. classes. Can't you see how hypocritical this is?

And then he implied that victims of bullying in school P.E. bring it upon themselves, the typical response of the "blame the victim" mentality. Nonathletic boys have been bullied in mandatory P.E. classes for generations, but no one cared. They were even deprived of a voice to speak out. This and other forms of bullying were never addressed until recent times; namely, after Columbine. I've not heard many sports fans express any concern about P.E. bullying. Many seem to condone it. Again, please read or reread my comments in my lengthy post above. Do some research and make Google searches, as I urged daves336 to do.

I'm tired of writing. I might have more to say tomorrow. I just wish you would understand what some of us are really talking about. Of course, sports are a part of the way in which human beings express themselves in legitimate pursuits. That's not even an issue to me. I'm talking about a culture; I'm not talking about getting rid of sports. The very idea of trying to get rid of sports is silly and has never been something I ever imagined as being feasible.

Incidentally, Safety, while they are saying that sports are good for society, many of these same sports fans disregard and trivialize bad experiences "nerds" go through, such as the bullying described in my lengthy thread. "Bullying is just part of life. Get over it. Who cares?" They have no sympathy for them. Can't you see that such an attitude would cause resentment on the part of the "nerds"? Were it not for the Internet and anti-bullying forums, these guys (not to mention gals who also were bullied in school) wouldn't even have a voice. Was anyone ever on their side before bullying became a public issue?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Earl

Post by Earl »

Sometimes I get tired of the conflict. I get tired of getting mad at people who are not speaking to me in person, most of whom I'll never have the opportunity to meet in real life. Since I'm naturally friendly, sometimes it depresses me, such as this latest spat.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Sometimes I get tired of the conflict. I get tired of getting mad at people who are not speaking to me in person, most of whom I'll never have the opportunity to meet in real life. Since I'm naturally friendly, sometimes it depresses me, such as this latest spat.
So do I!!!

But it's the athletes, the jocks and the sports fans who are the source of the conflict. They were the ones who fired the first shots in this war, the verbal shots, and the physical shots, no, not with guns and bullets, but the physical shots in the form of bullying and beatings.

The jocks in our schools have decided that everybody must love sports, or else, and to not like sports, or to be merely uninterested in sports, they just can't stand that! They refuse to tolerate anyone who thinks differently! They demand that we all think exactly alike and that we all like sports, that we all must love sports, and if we don't, they will beat the living crap out of us, in the belief that the beatings will cause us to "come to our senses" and begin to fall in love with sports.

But in the meantime, the students who are primarily interested in the arts and sciences, the ones who wish to study hard in science, math, and all academic subjects, and the ones who like art and music, we don't go around beating up an anyone who doesn't show the same interest.

We do not demand that everybody loves science or doing math, and we don't demand that everybody likes art or music. We don't force anyone to share our interest. Unlike jocks, and sports fans, we are far more tolerant toward those who don't share our interest.

And even though we have no interest in sports, normally we say, "OK, if you like sports, then fine! Enjoy your sports! We're just simply not interested." But that's not good enough for jocks and sports fans.

They want us to share their enthusiasm for sports, even though we don't expect them to share enthusiasm for the things we like. They want us to love sports, even if they have to beat it into us!

That is why, more and more of us are no longer "merely uninterested" in sports, but have come to HATE sports, and to HATE jocks, and to HATE sports fans. It use to be that we were merely not interested in sports, but it is sports that has taught us to HATE sports. It's the jocks and the sports fans who taught us to HATE AND DESPISE THEM!

And this war is going to escalate until people start getting killed, and schools start burning down, and civilization collapses, and we all end up back in the stone age.

And it will be the jocks and the sports fans that will bring this about!

Now, I would normally say, "OK, if you're not interested in science, math, art, or music, and if you don't like playing chess, that's cool. And if you think that it all sucks, then you're entitled to your opinion." But unfortunately, jocks and sports fans are not as tolerant. They don't go around saying "OK, if your not interested in sports, that cool." NO! Instead, they calls us fags, sissies, queers, and wimps, and beat the ever living crap out of us!

Yeah! This is how they promote sports!

But gee! It really doesn't work! I wonder why that is!

These jocks and sports fans are actually insane.

Definition of insanity . . .

Doing the same shit over and over again, and expecting to get a different result every time!

Yeah? Well, like, good luck with that!

These morons seriously need to get a clue!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Safety wrote:I love this forum so much. Every now and then a sports fan will come along and try to "enlighten" the nerds here as to why sports are good for society, and why the bad experiences that they've gone through personally shouldn't represent all of the sports fans in the world.
"The nerds here"? Way to generalise. Yes, some of us may be what you would call "nerds" (such as myself) but I'd hardly apply the term to people like Earl. Maybe you didn't mean "nerd" in an insulting way, but unfortunately I get a bit suspicious when I hear pro-sports people throwing that word around on here so you'll have to put up with me calling you out over it. Given the magnitude of some of the torment experienced by certain members of this board, though, it is easy to understand why we are not overwhelmed by a love for sports and their fans.
But what about the people who maybe considered being against sports, but ultimately reached the conclusion I just listed -- that a small margin shouldn't symbolize all sports fans. So, instead of despising sports and posting about it on an internet forum, they continue with their lives with that thought in mind.
We don't just post on this forum to ATTACK sports and sports fans - if you read through a lot of the threads you would see we actually debated on the issues and gave real evidence as to why we feel the way we do. Yes, I can understand that some posts may give off an overwhelmingly hateful or angry feeling, but to generalise every aspect of the forum as "despising sports" is a bit narrow-minded.
"All sports fans are different, so I shouldn't judge them as ignorant and mindless." But that's the way that sports fans and /sp/ users feel about you. They think that you're ignorant, mindless, and intolerant, despite what the homepage says.
I really honestly couldn't care less about what the 4channers on /sp/ feel about me. Having read some of the stuff they put on their threads last year, I have most certainly decided that certain /sp/artans are people I wouldn't give the time of day to in real life. Such as the ones who put Fat Man's personal info up on ED.
Neither sports fans nor anti-sports fans can reason with each other because they're both too intolerant to accept each others beliefs. There's no point in reasoning with the forum users here or the sports fans. While you may listen to each other, you will never agree with each other.
Of course we'll never agree with each other. Some people here enjoy the debate, though. I have to admit, I was quite relishing the discussions I had with our friend daves336 on the weekend but he seems to have left us now. However, it's a pity that several debates tend to get out of hand and turn into insults and flaming.
This is depressing. Why can't we all get along? I'm going to start the love movement.
Sorry, Safety, but in my experience I have learned that hate and intolerance will always exist in this world. You get sports fans who flame on this website because they have no interest in debating or discussing why we feel the way we do, and some of the members here do not feel at all inclined to fully accept the pro-sports members. People don't get along because we're all different.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Oh boy....as Earl would say, "I scarcely know where to begin..."

I'll just paste a copy of a post I made on Jan. 24, 2011, since I'd be repeating myself anyway (some of the language may be a bit on the, let's say, strong side, as I was pretty pissed at the time):
I wrote:
When I was in high school (I'm 40 now, so would've been mid-to-late 1980's), we had to take "health" class for half a year and PE for half a year. It was the same dumbass gym teacher who taught both. "Health" was a joke. The very first day of school, he told the class, "Look, I don't like health, and you don't like health, but we'll just get through it, and then we'll really have some fun in phys. ed.!" He taught things in class that were blatantly false (like about anatomy, medicine, etc.) and couldn't even pronounce most of the scientific terms. In biology class, the teacher there, when told that Mr. so-and-so from health class said it was such-and-such a way, openly laughed at him and said to take whatever he attempted to teach with a grain of salt. There were units in health about sexuality and STD's, and he told us that if any of us ever got a venereal disease, to let him know and he'd drive us to the VD clinic to get a shot for it. "I won't tell your parents and I'll make up an excuse to tell the principal to get you out of school, so don't worry about any of that," he said. This was about the time AIDS was becoming a serious issue, but he glossed that over -- he said, "Oh, there's this new disease out there called AIDS, but I wouldn't worry too much about that -- it's mostly just gay guys that get it anyway, and I'm sure none of you guys are like that!" At this, all the jocks in the class starting laughing and cheering "hahahahaha -- them fags", etc.)

In PE class, we had to do a "Marine Corps physical fitness test" that was supposed to be age-appropriate once at the beginning of the semester and once at the end of the semester, and the ending one counted as your final exam. Supposedly, we would have improved so much during PE that it would be reflected in our final grade. But, as Earl has talked about, there was no focus whatsoever on fitness during the entire semester. It was all just sports, sports, sports -- and always a "tournament" where the losers had to run laps around the gym, the worse you did in the standings, the more the laps. In volleyball, he told the class how to do a "hit the spastic" drill, as he called it -- he said to find the "spastic" (the worst player on the team) and always aim the serve toward them. During one practice, I hit a ball backwards and out of bounds, and the gym teacher laughed and said, "I guess you guys found your spastic!" and then all the jock kids started calling it the "hit the Chris" drill.

Of course, the jock boys who did good at the sports, the gym teacher attempted to recruit for his baseball team. (He'd put his arm around them and say, "You ever thought about playing baseball? We could use a guy like you -- practice starts next month!") So it seems PE was nothing more than a way to recruit boys who *already good* at sports onto the school teams, and the rest of us be damned. No advice was ever given on fitness techniques or how to improve our scores on that fitness test. Needless to say, I failed it both times, and got an F on the "final exam" for PE. Only failing grade I got in any class or any exam -- in fact, I graduated 13th out of about 125 in my class.

Turns out this gym "teacher"/baseball coach became the winningest high school coach in the state of Ohio (or some accolade similar to that) and some years after I graduated, a new baseball field was built at the school and named after him. That's right -- this dumber-than-dogshit "teacher" and officially-sanctioned bully -- got a *building named after him* at *taxpayer expense*! There was an article in the local paper about what a great role model he was at "molding young men". They're damn lucky I no longer lived in that town and paid taxes there -- I would have protested and likely would have leaked everything I just wrote above to the press.

Since we've talked about saying things on here we wouldn't ordinarily say....I don't give a shit how many stadiums they name after this asshole, or how many games he won, or how many "young men he molded" by teaching them the extraordinarily valuable life skills of hitting a ball or catching it -- I still think HE WAS A FUCKING DICK who doesn't deserve a damn bit of honor for anything! (So, Earl, you had asked about some of my conflicting feelings toward sports and things I would ordinarily say -- there's a small snippet! :lol: )

Also, I remember in junior high, on a *science* test, the teacher (different from one above) had a bonus question about who won some college basketball game, tournament, whatever. I also remember getting criticized by some other students for "blowing the curve" (getting too high a score on tests and reducing the grades of others). I later came to realize why "grade curves" were instituted -- so that the sports stars would be able to get barely-passing grades and stay eligible! Same way with the bogus extra-credit questions.

In a lot of the book subjects, the teachers were coaches. In U.S. history, it was the basketball coach, IIRC. He didn't lecture once the whole year, I don't think -- he just wrote notes on the board at the beginning of the day, and each class period took the whole class time to copy the notes down, then we'd be given a pre-printed test at the end of the week. The teacher/coach wouldn't say anything other than to point out when the test would be -- he'd spend the whole class at his desk either diagramming basketball plays or reading sports magazines. No discussions of the material or anything.

I also took an astronomy class in senior year, and the teacher had arranged to do a presentation at the local public library about some recent scientific news and discoveries, and he encouraged all of us to come if we were able. About a week before, he abruptly announced he had to cancel the library presentation. When someone asked him why, he replied that he had to hold a game, practice, whatever, for some sport (he wasn't a sports-minded guy at all). He told us he wasn't happy about it, but the administration had told him that coaching sports was part of his job, and he needed to put that ahead of any other programs or commitments he had, including the library presentation. Never mind that the presentation was *in his field of study*, and that giving an intelligent talk at the library to the public (who, by the way, *pay taxes* for the both the library and the school) would have been an excellent opportunity to promote the school and its *academic* programs. But nooooo....sports was way more important than all that! I sure got the message the school district was sending.

A few years after graduation, I saw my former astronomy teacher working in a computer software store, and he recognized me, so we chatted a little. He said he was managing the store now and loved it, and that he was no longer in teaching. Looking back, I can't help but wonder if the school's promotion of sports over academics influenced his decision to leave the profession, and also how many quality teachers our country may have lost over the years precisely because of attitudes like this.
OK, now back to the present day...

Daves336, after reading my comments, would you still say I was not forced to tolerate anything? Or that I have no right to complain?

My parents worked and paid taxes to pay the salaries of this idiot gym teacher and the do-nothing basketball-coach-masquerading-as-a-history-teacher -- didn't they and I have a right to demand a decent education in return for the tax money they paid out? Surely the jock boys and their parents would complain if the sports equipment, fields, etc., were not up to snuff. Don't academically-minded students and their parents have a right to demand their money be well-spent?

As far as you not liking the name of the website or its motto -- would you also object to a site named "SportsRules", "SportRocks," etc? And if this site's motto or "dedicated to the eradication of sports" is too extreme, how do you feel about the thousands of sites, with probably millions of members, that are dedicated to promoting sports? Are they too radical or extreme for you? Why is it OK to be a fanatic about sports, but anyone who dares criticize sports, or any aspect of it, is "too extreme"?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot....as you say:
daves336 wrote: Now, you say that sports dont bring anything good, as you dont need them to keep fit. What about the competitiveness, leadership and how it brings people together? What's wrong with me going out to play tennis in the evening with a few friends? We get out, we get exercise and it's competitive. But, not in a bad way, if were friends, were not gonna get angry now are we? And when Im playing a football/soccer match, even with 'chavs' - I meet new people, they are always respectable and its sociable. The fact that 'hooligans' dont act like thugs when they play football is brilliant - would you rather they were out breaking into cars or smashing windows?

So, in addition to just working out or running (which is actually a sport I'll have you know) sports excite people and get them hyped up. As someone that grew up not liking sports and feeling much how you do, and now that I play and watch them all the time - I can say the feeling of playing sports, scoring a goal ect is unparalleled. Even WATCHING. It' not as if Im watching them have fun - I enjoy watching how a competitive environment is shown over a few months. Its makes me want to get out and play sport - and then I can get exercise.
(emphasis mine)

*YAWN*

Oh, if I only had a dollar for every time I heard one of those "sports fan bingoes"! "Sports brings people together....sports build character...sports teach you life lessons..." yada yada yada. Seriously, you need to get some new material! Does my story above sound like it brought me together with anyone, or built any character, or taught me any life lessons (other than there's too many assholes in the world)?

One other thing, as far as being "unsociable" the reason for not liking sports, I decided I'd rather be "sociable" with people who have something more intelligent to talk about throwing, kicking, or carrying a ball around, thank you very much!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey everybody! (Except Safety)

In all honesty, I really don't think that daves336 is going to come back again.

We blew him away with our overwhelming logic and reasoning!

There is no way he can respond to our comments, because we are on the right side, the side of academics, while he's on the wrong side, the side of athletics, the side of bullying, ignorance, brutality, and gutter-thuggery in general!

But, those of us who embrace academics, we're on the side who's going to find a cure for cancer and diabetes. We're on the side who's going to develop alternative energy resources when the oil begins running out. We're on the side who's going to try to solve the problems related to climate change. We're on the side of space exploration. We're on the side of increasing scientific knowledge.

Except Safety.

He's just an ass-kisser, and a boot-licking jock-strap sniffer, sucking up to all these athletic goons, these drooling moronic slope-headed, slack-jawed, mouth-breathing, stooped-shouldered, knuckle-dragging baboon with shit-for-brains!

Anyway . . . . .

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that daves336 is ever coming back again.

He's one of those hit-and-run type of forum posters, who comes in here briefly just to dish out a few insulting knocks against us, and then leaves, never to return again. We've had quite a few like that over the past couple of years.

He's like a pigeon at a Chess game who knocks over all the pieces, takes a crap on the board, and then, flies back to his flock to claim victory.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

ChrisOH wrote:One other thing, as far as being "unsociable" the reason for not liking sports, I decided I'd rather be "sociable" with people who have something more intelligent to talk about throwing, kicking, or carrying a ball around, thank you very much!
One thing that amazes me is how these boneheaded jocks and sports bullies constantly abuse and torment the less-athletic students in PE classes and THEN wonder why they don't wish to "join in" with their games. I mean, if you want someone to like something you like, then the best way to go about it is to pleasantly introduce whatever it is to them and allow them to make up their own mind on whether they like it or not, isn't it? And the unconditional demand of these jocks is that everyone likes sports, isn't it? So what the hell do they think they're going to gain from insulting and even attacking the less-athletic students among them? Is it meant to prove their "incredible masculinity", tormenting and ridiculing the weaker students? Forgive me for not being a sports fan then, daves336, if this is what it encourages some of its followers to do!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

As amazing as it may seem, some sports fans (even nice ones) believe that all boys should be forced to participate in team sports. No exceptions. Of course, this was the whole premise behind the "old P.E." (The truth is there was no physical education in the "old P.E.") I believe boys should do whatever will give them the self-confidence they will need when they are men out in the world. Hey, Safety (and daves336), please note what I'm about to say: Some individual boys should go out for sports. However, the rule should be whatever works for the individual. Boys are not all the same. Some boys don't need sports; so, sports shouldn't be crammed down their throats against their will. Saying that all boys should participate in sports would be akin to requiring all teenage boys in high school to take ballet lessons for an entire year (no, make that two) and play a bassoon. How would you like that, sports fans? (Incidentally, I certainly have nothing against either of those two activities; I'm just not interested in them.) All sports fans would squeal like stuck pigs at the very suggestion; but many of them have no problem whatsoever cramming sports down the throats of uninterested, nonathletic kids despite the attendant cruelty.

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Earl wrote: Hey, Safety (and daves336), please note what I'm about to say: Some individual boys should go out for sports. However, the rule should be whatever works for the individual. Boys are not all the same. Some boys don't need sports; so, sports shouldn't be crammed down their throats against their will.
Hello Earl!

I would say that if boys (and girls, too, for that matter) have the ability and interest to play sports, they should be allowed to do so. However, sports should not be given priority over other hobbies and extracurricular activities. I was reading this morning's local paper about an "Envirothon" at one of the local school districts, where students practiced ways to study and improve the environment. The link to the article is here

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/201 ... 046663.txt

It would seem this type of activity promotes both teamwork and positive competition, plus teaches relevant knowledge, without sports. Events like these put the lie to the claim that "sports are necessary to teach children teamwork, blah blah blah".

One thing I wonder is why schools must have athletic programs? Little League baseball and football, as well as other youth sports, have programs for younger children and must get by on business sponsorships, private donations, and parental pay-to-play. Why does this suddenly change when students become teenagers? Why then does it become the responsibility of schools, and not private organizations and individuals, to provide sports programs?
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

ChrisOH wrote:It would seem this type of activity promotes both teamwork and positive competition, plus teaches relevant knowledge, without sports. Events like these put the lie to the claim that "sports are necessary to teach children teamwork, blah blah blah".
I believe that sports encourage aggression and intolerance as much as they do teamwork and unity. You may have to play as a team, but at the same time you have to overpower and defeat the other team, capitalise on their weaknesses, profit from their mistakes and delight in their failures. Often in games of sports, players resort to committing fouls on the opposing players - kicking them, tripping them, elbowing them, barging them. Hardly an example of "positive competition", is it, when your opponent is carried off the field on a stretcher as a result of some guy kicking him in the gut? The problem with sports is, they encourage many a jock to take the attitude they have on the field into their normal lives, and this is why a lot of bullies use physical aggression to display dominance and self-proclaimed superiority over others. Because sports have taught them it is right.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

WeakMincingSissy

Post by WeakMincingSissy »

"You guys are the fucking worst. 50 year old kissless virgins' opinions kind of hold not a lot of weight. Looking at this site just shows the kind of people that hate sports and kind of defeats its own purpose. Lol. the guy whos fucking your dream woman"

First off, Nancy...you say "50 year old kissless virgins" like its a bad thing, which tells me you are projecting value judgements on others even though you Shirley must know that values and preferences vary widely from person to person. I DO like the buzz phrase "Kissless Virgins" and actually find it rather exciting. I wish I had made that up but what I wish way more than that is that I wish I was one. That would be some good meat for me to add enhancement and emphasis in various applications. After I gave it more thought, I came up with a similar buzz phrase that I find multiples more exciting:
"dickless virgin" which is actually what I will be in the not too distant future! Eeeeyup! I never said I was JUST a hopelessly indulgent transvestite...fact is, I am a real life Rocky Horror NOT-styled (I dress more like the girl next door, sort of, that is I mean like her on her days off, because she is a nurse and I don't even own any medical women's attire at all.) sweet transvestite transsexual from Palo Alto. Atherton, Chicago, Costa Rica, London, Sydney, and many more! Thats right, if you have ever flown United, you very likely may have gotten a stiffy seeing me bending down in my cute skirt.

Second off, I don't really hate all sports and I actually play one and I kick azz at it: POOL. Eeeeyup! In my lower level 'game room', in the center, surrounded by six pinball machines and three old japanese slot machines I have a tourney-pro-reg-tour 9' X 4.5' er, with darling pink felt. Sports I enjoy watching include figure skating, cheerleading, ballet & dance, sewing and dress design.....oh and hairstyling!

Lastly, I know as solid fact that you have not, are not and never will fuck my dream woman. Because I would not give you the time of day!

Anyhow, gotta run! A friend of mine recently asked me to be one of her bridesmaids and today I get fitted for my dress!
Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Image

Yeah! I must concur!

This guy is Loony Tunes, as in THA-THA-THA-THA-THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!

Wisconsinite

Post by Wisconsinite »

I hate to break it to you, but if you were bullied constantly in your youth, it wasn't solely because you didn't like sports. I was bullied at times in grade school and middle school, and I know why some kids get bullied. I knew plenty of people in high school that didn't play or care for any sports. They didn't have as many friends as the people that did (understandably) but at no point did anyone say "LOL HE DOESNT LIKE SPORTS, GET HIM." I highly, highly doubt that was the case for you. If you were regularly bullied in gym class because you sat around sulking instead of just trying to make the most of it for 45 minutes a day, it wasn't because you weren't athletic. It's because you were introverted and scared to try new things. Notice how I said "regularly"; I'm sure there are isolated incidents, such as a guy hitting you in the face with a cricket bat, where you can't possibly find any understandable motivation in their actions. That guy is a psychopath. However, that doesn't mean you can make generalizations about people that like sports, that's just ridiculous and I almost feel like I shouldn't even have to explain that. There are so many other factors that go into bullying and social isolation besides liking/not liking sports. What about the clothes you wear or the music you listen to, or even sexual orientation? If I was abused due to those things does it mean I should start hating the fashion industry, mainstream music and straight people?

News flash, there are a lot of assholes out there. Most of those assholes like sports because most people like sports. School is cruel, but I don't even see how it logically follows that you should hate sports overall because of jocks. Take fat man's stories for example. Your teacher physically abused you, so you hate sports? What? You just want something to blame getting bullied on. Sports weren't created to isolate people as much as you want to believe it.