Is this forum dying?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Skul
Forum Admin

Re: Is this forum dying?

Post by Skul »

Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, but when I clicked on the link, I got the following . . . . .

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

I remember this happened once before when you added the Forum Games.

Then the problem was fixed.

You need to fix the problem again.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Done. :)
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Oh wow!

Well, here's to a new chapter of SportsSuck.org then!

Now, I believe there is an old Mark Twain saying befitting of this occasion -

"Rumours of the death of SportsSuck.org have been greatly exaggerated."

:wink:
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
dannj

Post by dannj »

This is how I totally feel about this forum. I've joined here and see all kinds of 'sports suck' topics and I'm all fresh to get into this with everybody, and its like a freakin' dead horse around here.
I wish I would have found the site in it hay day, but now it looks as though everybody is bored with it.
I enjoy the Fat man and Earl and a couple of others that are still active, but geez, this place is lame.
Come on people, get with it! :?
Yours Truly, Dan
greencom

Post by greencom »

Hello and bless all of you,
This forum is completely unique, full of intelligent members (except the jocks) and must never die. I want to be more active but time and my dislike of computers, and my inability to type well keeps me away. Carry on and give em #$$%^%$#%$^.
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

greencom wrote:Hello and bless all of you,
This forum is completely unique, full of intelligent members (except the jocks) and must never die. I want to be more active but time and my dislike of computers, and my inability to type well keeps me away. Carry on and give em #$$%^%$#%$^.
There are a number of posters who don't post all that often, but who really know how to get things started when they do.

Agent47 stands out in that regard. Just look at all the fun we had last week because of one post from him about tasering fans! :lol:
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

This website has been around for over a decade. While the forum was a relatively recent addition, it's still been around long enough for most things to have already been said a bunch of times. There's only so many times you can say "Yup, sports suck. They sure do! Uh-huh, etc." before you start repeating yourself. Members are, of course, welcome to say it whenever they feel, we just... don't as much, nowadays. Plus, a few members have stopped posting altogether. There was one member (i_like_1981) who would post several times every day, but he left, unforunately.
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

No, Earl, because I am here again! :)
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Earl

Post by Earl »

Welcome back, sparkle! :D :D :D You were missed!

I hope you're doing well. :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Thank you. Yes. I visited my home over the summer. In the fall I was busy with school. I hope your wife and you are well. :) I didn't see our British friend on the boards. Where did he go?
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

sparkle wrote:Thank you. Yes. I visited my home over the summer. In the fall I was busy with school. I hope your wife and you are well. :) I didn't see our British friend on the boards. Where did he go?
Hello Sparkle!

I assume you mean I_like_1981; he hasn't posted since June. Apparently he had grown tired of message-board posting and decided to pull away from it. It had nothing to with anyone or any topic on the site.

I haven't personally heard from him since, but I believe he contacted Earl. Have you heard from him lately, Earl?
Earl

Post by Earl »

Back to you, sparkle. That's very nice of you to say that. :) We're doing reasonably well. My workout sessions at the local 24 Hour Fitness health club continue. At five foot ten I now weigh 194 pounds (on an empty stomach). I've never weighed that much before! I think when I placed membership that I weighed about 167 pounds. Most of the gain has been muscle mass. Funny, but I was never strong physically when I was young. I'm not weak now, although I have a long way to go before I'm satisfied. Former junior-high mandatory P.E. classmates would be amazed if they could see me during one of my workouts with the weight machines and the free weights. And my two daughters are far more successful than I was at their ages.

I hate to tell you this, but i_like_1981 decided to give up on online board messaging. He got tired of arguing with people, saying the same things over and over again. I can relate to that. In another website's forum I've been personally attacked without provocation by a member who, of course, doesn't even know me. Has never met me face to face. Gets to be old in a hurry. I_like_1981 is a very decent guy. I guess I felt protective of him as if he were my son. I really miss him. He definitely was an asset to this forum. Made a valuable contribution. Don't get me wrong. He had no quarrel with this website. He just got tired of arguing. Hopefully someday he'll change his mind and come back.

Edit: Oh, hi, ChrisOH! :) Sorry I dropped out of touch. I hope you're doing well.

I've had a lot on my mind, but I remember sending an e-mail to i_like_1981 after he let us know he was giving up on board messaging. He never sent a response. I need to write to him again. I'll urge him to respond to let me know if he wants me to stay in touch. I wish he would because for a while we wrote to each other a lot. I consider him to be a friend.

Gotta go now. I'll be back another time.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

No posts at all today? (Thursday, 10/27 @ 4:30 EDT) Hmmm...hope everyone's OK. :|

Myself, I'm still around -- just have been working some temporary and part-time jobs lately and haven't had so much time to contribute. I'm still following postings though when I get the chance, but often I'm a day or more behind so a topic may be "old news" by the time I see it.

Of course I don't know everything Dannj said to Earl about his reasons for leaving, but it seemed to me that he came into the forum raring to post about sports-dislike issues, and was rather frustrated by the lack of active members. I empathize with his frustration, but it seems we've had a confluence of things that have lessened everyone's involvement. Ray, Earl, Recovering_Fan, and myself are/have been involved with work and other life activities, and I_like_1981 decided to drop off the board entirely. Even Fat Man, our posting champion, has stated he's spending a lot of time on other forums, his YouTube channel, etc. Hopefully things will even out with us and we'll have more participation once again.

Once again, hope everyone is well! :)
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Hey ChrisOH. To my knowledge everyone is okay (I could be wrong, I am merely assuming that since I haven't heard otherwise, but hopefully I'm not wrong about that), just the typical lack of forum activity due to varying reasons for each member I suppose. Hopefully forum activity will pick up again soon though.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama