Sports Suck! Chatroom

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Skul
Forum Admin

Sports Suck! Chatroom

Post by Skul »

I've created a chatroom for us all so we can talk to each other in real-time.

Click here (link updated 9th May 2010) to go to the webpage. Enter a username, click connect, wait a moment and the chatroom will pop up.

One last thing -- you'll need Java to use the chatroom. If you've been on the Internet for a while, it's likely you'll have Java installed, already.

Sports Suck! Chatroom
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Good job, comrade Skul! I'm there! :)

I signed in at noon and left several messages but then I had to do something and left the window open. I guess you couldn't see all those messages I left because you only see fresh stuff when you log on, eh?
When I returned I saw your entries but you were gone. I'm on right now but I'll be leaving pretty soon.
Ray

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I've updated the chat a little. I've put some Sports Suck! images on the page, added a sound for when someone enters the chat and implemented actions, like laughing, saying goodbye and even asking to have someone kicked from chat. I also got rid of the useless buttons at the top of the chat -- they didn't do anything. Well, 'Float' worked, but would anyone really use it?

Anyway, check it out! 8)
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:I've updated the chat a little. I've put some Sports Suck! images on the page, added a sound for when someone enters the chat and implemented actions, like laughing, saying goodbye and even asking to have someone kicked from chat. I also got rid of the useless buttons at the top of the chat -- they didn't do anything. Well, 'Float' worked, but would anyone really use it?

Anyway, check it out! 8)
cool! I like the sound effects --when I logged in there's a sound like a knock at the door. Missed you again though. Is it ready for a link to be added from the main page?

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Sure is ready. Me and Fitz had a little chat late last night (well, very early morning for me), so it definitely works. We had a guest member who left the message Nice to meet you (in that format), said nothing afterwards and then left a little later. It was probably a staff member from the chatroom's/webpage's hoster coming to make sure there was nothing inappropriate.

For the user-specific actions -- LOL at User; Goodbye, User; Ask to have someone kicked -- you have to select the user from the list before clicking the action so that their name comes up instead of 'nobody in particular'.

I'm not sure, but I think you can have more than one admin in chat. Ray, do you want me to register your name so you can log in as an admin? Just in case I'm not there and a sports bore comes in and starts mouthing off. I can send you the list of admin commands afterwards.

EDIT: Almost forgot -- when leaving the chatroom, make sure to click the 'X' at the top-right of the chat window so that your name isn't left in the user list.
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

sweet! it looks cool, im on now and i'll be on for a bit if anyone wants to chat :D
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Skul wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think you can have more than one admin in chat. Ray, do you want me to register your name so you can log in as an admin? Just in case I'm not there and a sports bore comes in and starts mouthing off. I can send you the list of admin commands afterwards.
Sure! Thanks! I need to get in the habit of opening that window and monitoring -I forgot today! :)

I Hope We Lose!
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

lmao im having an interesting conversation on the chat thing with a sports lover... dont know why hes on it, and neither does he... obviously hes realllll smart... its odd... hes a very polite sports idiot... guess he just dosn't have a game to be drooling over at this moment and hes to much of a lazy sports lover to do something productive with his life...... kinda wish i could kick him out lol... im on this chat to much... lol :lol:
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

Jello Please

Post by Jello Please »

ive never seen any1 on whenever i log in... advertise it better?
I like pie
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

yeah, im like always on and no one else is ever on :(

Canadian_Hockey_Hater

that sports lover is back, being a lot more annoying now. posting rude obscenities over and over... i cant get rid of him! i asked him to stop and he told me to fuck off, he just keeps posting crap... damn stupid sports jock.... he wont leave... wheres an admin when you need one? :(

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Canadian_Hockey_Hater wrote:that sports lover is back, being a lot more annoying now. posting rude obscenities over and over... i cant get rid of him! i asked him to stop and he told me to fuck off, he just keeps posting crap... damn stupid sports jock.... he wont leave... wheres an admin when you need one? :(
really? that &^%$ &#@!! I'm in the room now but no sign of him. I'll keep my eyes peeled though. WOOT!

I Hope We Lose!
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I logged into chat about an hour after CHH's post. The instant I appeared, the sports bore ran away! Not so tough, after all, eh? :lol:
Forum Rules

Love and Tolerance!
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

woot! thanks, lol, i havn't seen him on since you came on and scaried him off!

RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

It's a nice chat set-up overall.. glad I got to try it. Hope these trolls stay out though.
Apparently I can't get to it from work though. I guess the server has it blocked or something...which is odd seeing as I can use IM services. Oh well. If I'm ever home with free time at the computer, I'll be sure to log on to say Hi to folks.