New Technology For Muting Sport!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Agent 47

New Technology For Muting Sport!

Post by Agent 47 »

The Roar wrote: Software to take edge off tennis groan
July 1st 2011

Armchair tennis fans may soon have a means of dulling the grunts of Wimbledon stars, thanks to the development of a noise-reduction device.

Wimbledon NetMix allows listeners to fade out the sound of players grunting on court and turn up the volume of commentators, Britainâ??s The Daily Telegraph newspaper reports.

News of the audio alleviating software, available for free download to use with BBC Radioplayer, comes in the same week as Wimbledon officials admitted they would welcome a reduction in on-court groans and growls.

All England Lawn and Tennis Club chief executive Ian Ritchie said groaning was proving annoying for spectators and distracting for opposition players.

Belarussian star Victoria Azarenka, who insists grunting is a natural part of a game, has been recorded wailing at 95 decibels, just 10 decibels short of a 2009 record set by top-ranked Maria Sharapova.

BBCâ??s technology department has been working on new technology after receiving numerous complaints from the public about the sound balance of sports matches aired on radio.

â??Wimbledon was a clear choice to launch this product as there are always so many comments about the amount of grunting from the players,â? a BBC spokesman told The Telegraph.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/07/01/so ... nis-groan/
Now, I'm really looking forward to the next version of this technology that can mute sports fans as well!

:D
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: New Technology For Muting Sport!

Post by Fat Man »

Agent 47 wrote:BBCâ??s technology department has been working on new technology after receiving numerous complaints from the public about the sound balance of sports matches aired on radio.

Now, I'm really looking forward to the next version of this technology that can mute sports fans as well!
Uh, people actually listen to tennis on the radio?

That's just about as moronic as listening to basketball on the radio.

All you hear is the sound of the ball bouncing and the sound of shoes squeaking on the hard wood floor while the announcer very seldom says anything.

Yeah! Basketball on the radio . . . . .

THUMP THUMP THUMP SQUEAK THUMP THUMP SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP SQUEAK SQUEAK THUMP THUMP THUMP SQUEAK THUMP THUMP THUMP!!!

And tennis on the radio is just as retarded.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Fat Man wrote: Uh, people actually listen to tennis on the radio?

Yeah. And all the grunting is the most entertaining part of a tennis game anyway. And they want to get rid of it! Sheesh!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Agent 47 wrote:
Fat Man wrote: Uh, people actually listen to tennis on the radio?

Yeah. And all the grunting is the most entertaining part of a tennis game anyway. And they want to get rid of it! Sheesh!
Yeah, I have heard the grunting that goes on during a typical tennis match.

The players sound like they're constipated!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!